Villa Beach Cottages

Good

a family feel

Reviewed 10th October 2012

"After 14 trips to the caribbean and the second to St. Lucia we finally found the perfect spot for us. Villa beach is a comforable, quiet,safe place to spend some time. The staff take a personel interest in their guest and provide a service level that is not matched at any of the major resorts that we stayed at in the past. Being on the leeward side of the island the ocean is a perfect tempature for a early morning swim, with 3 to 5 ft. swells and a beautiful torquise colour I enjoyed it everyday of our holiday. Collin Hunte the manager has the forsite to be able to provide a holiday that has everything we look for, with out being intrusive, he can advise,suggest,recomend and be right on with his information, without being over-powering. His staff are friendly,courteous,happy and sincerely glad to help make your vacation as stress free as possible. Being located at Choc Bay it is with-in walking distanct to a super market,drug store,Doctors office,liquor store etc. but is still only 75 feet from the waters edge.A 20 minute bus ride will take you into the city of Castries or in the opposite direction to Rodney Bay.Both of the locations provide some of the best resturants in the caribbean . It is a protected property with 24 hour security and this gives a safe and secure feeling at all hoursof the day or night."

• Travel date: 6th April 2004

A fantastic stay right on the beach!

Reviewed 12th October 2012

"We stayed the full month of February 2004 at Villa Beach Cottages, however one of the weeks at the hotel's other accomodation, La Dauphine Estate, near Soufrière and the vulcano. It was a fantastic four weeks for the whole family. The relaxed life of the island of St Lucia is reflected by the staff at Villa Beach. Everyone greeted us as family, and always with seemingly unlimited time for a chat. The location is perfect, right on a sandy beach, which we had almost to ourselves. Our kids, age 15 and 12, loved the place, being able to do watersports in the waves, or just playing in the small pool. We had a private birthday party at the hotel, for which Clara and the girls prepared an excellent, local meal. The manager, Mr Hunte, is always helpful and always with a story to tell. We also enjoyed staying at La Dauphine Estate, which is right by the Pitons and the rain-forest, being able to pick grapefruit and coconuts right off the trees for breakfast.We'd love to come back, to StLucia and the Villa Beach Cottages!"

• Travel date: 6th April 2004

Best ever!!!!

Reviewed 17th October 2012

"This was the trip of a lifetime for my Partner, Trish, and I. We expected the exotic and we got it in abundance. The scenery of the island was spectacular and breath-taking. However, all of the exotic was, unbelievably, surpassed by the welcome of Colin Hunte and his staff and by their unending and gracious hospitality. In Ireland, we are proud of and we proclaim our hospitality but, having stayed at the Villa Beach Cottages, we realise that we have much to learn yet. We will be back!! Jim O'Leary"

• Travel date: 3rd April 2004

A "Real" island experience

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"My husband and I spent a week at the Village Beach Cottages in St. Lucia in early March of 2004. It was our first visit to the island and we are definitely looking forward to a return visit next year. We'll definitely plan to stay longer. The island is beautiful, the people are very friendly and there is so much to explore. Colin and his staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating and our cottage was delightful. It was clean, comfortable and offered a wonderful morning and evening view. If you are the "all inclusive" type of vacationer, perhaps Village Beach is not for you. However if you enjoy exploring, trying local restaurants, getting a "real" sense for what an island truly is and who the people are, then try Village Beach. I'm sure you'll fall in love with it like we did!"

• Travel date: 31st March 2004

Our new home in St. Lucia

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"We just returned from a week in St. Lucia and fell in love! With the resort, the staff (our new extended family) and with each other - all over again. After 24 years in the travel industry, I have been accused of being jaded when it comes to resorts; especially their amenities and their services. Villa Beach Cottages proved that to be wrong! From the moment that Nadia replied to my email request for reservations, until we settled up our bill upon departure - I knew that this was going to be some place special. Cuthbert Charles met us at the airport and gave us a mini tour of the island on our way to the resort. Neva greeted us when we arrived, as if we were long lost friends. When we checked into the room, a large basket of local fruits was waiting for us, as well as a very well equipped "starter" package. The starter package had 2 beers, 2 cokes, 2 sprites, coffee, tea, milk, eggs and bread so that we were ready to set up housekeeping as soon as we arrived. It was very convienent having a fully equipped kitchen, so that we could have meals in or out, depending on our preference, not be forced to eat out 3 times a day. The local grocery store offered all types of ingredients. Enough variety to make us consider cooking in, for the whole trip but with so many wonderful restaurants, we had to give some of them a try. Colin (the manager) invited us into his private office and gave us a personal welcome to St. Lucia; with suggestions of sightseeing tours, shopping tips and restaurant recommendations. One of their drivers: Moses gave us a wonderful full day tour of the island - seeing everything from a native's perspective which was fantastic. He and the other two cab drivers that they have "on call" Charles and Carl were available to shuttle us to restaurants, shopping or any kids of sightseeing that we chose. It was almost as if we had our own private car and driver for our whole stay. All in all, it was a wonderful slice of paradise. We didn't want to leave but we will return!"

• Travel date: 29th March 2004

great stay

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"i went to Villa Beach Cottages with my family last spring. We had a wonderful time. All the employees of Villa Beach Cottages were amazing and made our stay wonderful. We took a tour of the island with Moses. He was a very friendly and wonderful man. His wife come along with him sometimes when he took us places. i would highly recommend him if you have decided to take a tour. Villa Beach Cottages made our stay effortless. The rooms were fabulous, and very clean. The last night we orderd dinner to come up to our room and it was fabulous!"

• Travel date: 26th March 2004

As Good As It Gets

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"My girlfriend and I stayed at the Villa Beach Cottages in March of 2004. Our our entire stay was fantastic. We had the Honeymoon suite and thought it was beautiful. The property is also lovely. But what really sets the place apart is the staff. Colin and his crew - from the folks at the desk to the drivers - were all charming and informative. When we arrived we recieved a full orientation, including a history of the island and the property, a description of all the activities available, and even suggestions regarding when and how to go about maximizing our vacation. Whether we wanted to book a place to eat, go sailing, or travel to the interior of the island, they made it happen with minimum effort on our part. And on several occassions the staff went the extra mile to make sure we had everything we needed. This is a beautiful island and these are beautiful people and our experience was the product of both. If you want to go to the Carribean this the way to do it."

• Travel date: 23rd March 2004

Everything we expected....and more!

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"We recently returned from a two week stay at the Villa Beach Cottages. What an amazing vacation! The cottage suited our needs perfectly. Hearing the sound of the surf at night was soothing, to say the least. The entire staff never missed a chance to "wow" us. They are truly committed to making your stay memorable. We rented a jeep and explored the entire island (and I do mean the entire island). Rain forests, the Eastern Nature Trail, snorkeling (especially Anse Cochon), botanical gardens, waterfalls, Friday night fish fry in Anse La Rey...then the Jump Up in Gros Islet, Cas en Bas trails, kayaking and beaching! Great restaurants nearby -- our favorite was Laurel's. We enjoyed a mixture of eating out and cooking in, thanks largely to the market in Castries. What fun! There is more to do on this island than any other we've visited. The local people are very friendly, the island is safe and much cleaner than most. If you are looking for an all-inclusive atmosphere with fire-eaters and limbo dancing, this may not be the place for you to stay. However, if you are looking for a quaint, intimate property with top-notch service in an excellent location -- look no further than the Villa Beach Cottages. We'll definitely be back!"

• Travel date: 22nd March 2004

Villa Beach Cottages Rate a Five!!!!

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"I would like to send you a note about one of the best resorts on St. Lucia, one I have been going to for 18 years, and though your requirement is for the very best to be numbered 5 -- where I come from, we would say, "That's a ten!" When we first came there, we had been spending our travel years, just my husband and I, traveling around the world. We finally thought we'd better settle in more quietly, and we found the Villa Beach Cottages. Though we visited other ilsands, we finally realized that for beauty, friendliness, special care and nearness to the ocean, we found our second home... The Villa Beach Cottages on St. Lucia. During the years, the casual Villas have been remodled to elegance and great comfort, and additional buildings have been added with dark blue roofs. The buildings are sand colored and the trim white. The Villas, old and new are luxurious, comfortable, and right on a small lawn that is separated from the beach only by a low sea wall. The lawn edge is fringed by palm trees that give a soft flickering shade -- and though the place itself is lovely, it is the unfailing quiet service that makes it so delightful. The beach is a good swimming beach. Other features of the Villas are a gift shop with snacks available and a 5 or 10 minute walk from the Villas is a shopping center with a variety of shops. There are good restaurants on the island and the Villas office will make reservations for meals and a taxi. Also there are many island tours available; snorkeling, sailing, fishing, golf, tennis, and hiking. The taxi will pick you up and bring you back to the Villas. This year for the first time I came alone to finish a book I am writing, and I was surrounded by this quiet, caring, service and I had "space" to finish my work. After working some each day, I could lounge in the luxurious cushioned beach chairs and watch the Caribbean change from viridian green to alizarin crimson, to Prussian blue to silver. Often I could order a special Caribbean meal from the "in-house chef" at the dining area located under a gazebo with latticework sides and smothered in a huge bougainvilla vine. Many of the staff were here when we first came and my welcome back each year is something to look forward to -- it's being back among friends. This is a feeling I have about St. Lucia. and it seems prevelant on this island more than any other island --most of all at the elegant and comfortable Villa Beach Cottages."

• Travel date: 21st March 2004

My 25th Visit to St Lucia

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"22 of my 25 visits to St Lucia have been to Villa Beach Cottages. My most recent visit being the first 2 weeks of February 2004. And on many of those visits I stayed in Cottage #5, my home away from home. Duing February 2004, St Lucia celebrated their 25 years of Independence. My story of finding people who have welcomed me as family and my returning so many times to one particular place on the island, became part of the celebration in the newspaper and on TV. Another part of the celebration is the plaque on the wall of Cottage #5 naming the cottage Edith's Cottage. This visit will be a very special memory which my family and I will forever treasure. Colin, the manager, continues to to be available for advice and assisting with reservations. The staff are friendly, caring and helpful It is convienent having the small geneal store on the property. Enjoying an evening meal under the stars and in the Coconuts Restarant, cooked by Clara the in-house chef is very special. Her St Lucian curry and creole recipes are delicious. Sharing the fellowship of other cottagers with Clara and Valerie, her assistant in the background, and the sound of the waves slapping on the shore will be a lasting memory. After 25 visits to the island of St Lucia and 22 of those visits in Villa Beach Cottages, I have only pleasant and happy memories. I will be booking my holiday for 2005 in the near future."

• Travel date: 19th March 2004