Ti Kaye Resort & Spa

P.O. Box GM 669, Anse Cochon St. Lucia

Good

Fantastic Setting!

"The best praise in the world would not begin to cover this paradise resort! To think that a young man would have the foresight to develop such a place is unbelievable!
The food is outstanding, in fact the chef was invited to cook for the British Prime Minister in Barbados! Eating, over looking the ocean, seeing cruse ships pass by and watching ever changing sunsets is my idea of heaven!
The staff can not do enough to serve guests in any way they can! Because this place is small people quickly begin to talk to each other at meals. This in itself, is very interesting.
Each little cabin has a porch, a large bedroom, walk in closet, out door shower (enclosed by fence and plants) and is positioned on the hillside so it is private.
I recommend this resort for couples seeking relaxation."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of July 2004

Almost Perfection

"Oh, where to begin ? My wife and I just returned from 12 nights in St Lucia, (our first foray into the caribbean) and have found a gem of resort. TiKaye is everything you want from an island resort. You want quiet ? a bumpy almost impassable road to the resort keeps TiKaye secluded. You want snorkeling ? the best on the island is right in front of the resort, you can also tell this by all of the Sandals dive boats that come into the bay and 'invade' for an hour or so. Want great food, the chef (Paul) is everybit the chef as the vaunted Ladera resort famous chef is. Eclectic flavors and imaginative DAILY changing menus keep things fresh. Dishes like pumpkin carrot soup and such in my mind rival a few of my favorite restaurants in New Orleans. The staff -hey guys- ( I would name names but they are all great and they know who they are) is an exceptional local group mostly coming from the local fishing village. Speaking of which on friday night the resort basically shuts down and shuttles people a short drive to the village of anse la reyv where a street festival and a great fish fry takes place (go to Vernas' booth the best of the bunch). What is impressive is management goes along and helps out those that need some direction on what to do. Back to the resort,the rooms have a roomy King bed, air cond for some comfy night sleeping and a beautiful garden shower outside the bathroom. a hammock that gently sways on the porch (with you in it) tops out the amenities of your room. As a seasoned traveler I am acutely aware of both excellent and poor lodging, resorts etc . TiKaye while just a few years old, will become the best known of the resorts on St Lucia very shortly and with it will become a tougher booking for travelers, but if a place is run by a very competent management with a motivated inspired staff like they have in place the island will be better off with such a fine establishment. By the way i would disagree on the one review dismissing the meal plan as not necessary all you have to do is do the math. 120.00 dollars for 3 dinners and 2 lunches on the plan. Average dinner is about$40.00 -Appetizers dinner dessert. Throw in the two lunches and you have a bargain. I would like to thank Tikaye for affording me and my new bride such a glorious time at their resort, we made some new friends and lasting memories,including the very hard working staff from the top on down."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of June 2004

A GREAT Honeymoon location

"I will try and keep this short and sweet, only because I do not have more time to write, not because I can't find anything good to say about Ti Kaye! My (now) wife planned our entire trip and she made an even better decision than I would have, I'm sure. Ti Kaye has all that you would like to see in a resort, and more. The entire staff is friendly and will go out of their way to help you. "Not my job" is not in their vocabulary. The waitress at breakfast will look into your daily itinerary if you have any questions, but that's not in her job discription. The only thing that is, I'm sure, is be curteous. I can not say enough about Theresa, Sonia, Kim or Giselle. The diving there is great too, Terrell has some good jokes, so bring a few new ones for him! What you have read in all of the other good reviews of Ti Kaye are the truth. The only suggestion I would have is don't worry about getting the meal plan, unless you can eat a LOT for lunch and dinner. The prices work out to where it's cheaper to go by the menu. It is convenient to know exactly what your meals will end up being, instead of trying to remember how much you ate for each meal to confirm your total at the end. But other than that, I may not suggest that. The food is great though, and there is plenty of variety each night. The excursions are great too, we did the "Adventurous Honeymoon" package, and decided not to do the trip to Castries. We drove through it on the day before and didn't see anything spectacular to go back for. You may ask someone else for their opinion of things to see there though..... I would recommend the trip to Rodney Bay (if you don't rent a Jeep). That trip will take you to Pigeon Point, which is almost worth renting a Jeep for by itself. Bring a towel and bathing suit, there is also food and drink on the Preserve. I would suggest staying in DD or N cottage if you can. N has a plunge pool, and DD sits right behind it. It's at the far end of the resort, but that's only a 2-3 minute walk at most. We thought it was more secluded and had great views at dusk. We switched rooms later in our trip and the sun came up in our window. The other two cottages do not. The Gym is pretty decent as well, although any "real" muscle heads would like to have more weights for the bench press. Not me! All-in-all, the resort is great, the people are great, the food is fantastic and I don't think you can find a more "non-ordinary" place to stay in the West Indies.

-Brian & Ann"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of June 2004

Perfect bit of paradise!

"I just returned from a week-long stay on the beautiful island of St Lucia, and I have to say it was amazing. We stayed at Ti Kaye village, which is very secluded, however we had no trouble exploring other areas of the island.

The cottages at Ti Kaye are simple, yet extremely comfortable with all the necessary amenities. All cottages provide an ocean view and feature a king size four poster bed with mosquito net (which you do need), a two-person hammock on the porch, and the best part, an outdoor open-air shower (this is the only shower in the room)! The cottages also feature more traditional amenities like air conditioning, a refrigerator, and a walk-in closet.

The resort overall was so beautiful and the staff took great care of us. Meals were wonderful, many reflecting traditional island cuisine. There was even a BBQ and bonfire on the beach one night. But I have to say my 2 favorite things about the resort were the quiet nights sitting on our private porch sipping Piton beers, and the mornings waking up to a beautiful ocean view from bed. If you are looking for a relaxing place to stay, this is it!

That's not to say that all we did was sit on the beach. We went scuba diving one morning, there's a full-service dive shop right on the beach. Our instructors Terroll and Scuba-Steve were the best! We also did the jungle mountain bike tour, which was fun. And on our last day we rented a jeep and drove down to the south to climb Gros Piton. A challenging hike/climb only to be done with a trained guide, but well worth it for the view from the top. Ask for Raphael if you go. He took great care of us!

All in all we had a wonderful vacation, and Ti Kaye village was the perfect place to spend it!"

• Travel date: Tue 8th of June 2004

Another glowing review --- but this time from the UK!

"Just returned from 6 days at Ti Kaye. We plan to spend many more days there in the future as it is a completely wonderful place. We have stayed in several other places in St Lucia and this wins hands-down. The view, the people, the food, are all magnificent. Even the vendors on the beach are cool guys. You can be as active as you want, or just chill out and do very little. Just chatting to the diving instructor at the beach bar late one afternoon has inspired me to learn diving on my next trip. He has such enthusiasm for his sport it is catching. We were also impressed that evening entertainment was laid on for 3 of the 5 nights we were there which gave the restaurant a nice laid-back feel and helped liven us up after a hard day's chilling.

Keep up the excellent work and look forward to seeing you all again soon. Count on it. And not all Brits are obsessed with tea-making facilities and the size of the pool."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of May 2004

Staff is extraordinarily nice and flexible

"We planned a trip to Ti Kaye recently and, throughout the entire process, the staff was especially nice and accomodating. We were excited about the trip and preparing to depart when extreme circumstances forced us to change plans just days before arriving. We were very disappointed.

It is easy for staff to act nice when you are booking a vacation but true nature comes out when something such as this occurs. The staff at the resort (especially Giselle) responded extremely well. They were very understanding given the circumstances and worked with us to resolve everything. We couldn't have asked for anything better!

I thought it was worth noting the genuine good nature of the staff / management. We have all stayed in beautiful resorts but the human element is the real differentiator in my eyes. A+ to Ti Kaye in this regard--you will be very well taken care of.

We look forward to booking again as soon as we are able!"

• Travel date: Thu 27th of May 2004

Stop Looking, You've Found Paradise

"My husband found Ti Kaye Village through this website among others. He was looking for somewhere romantic, elegant, peaceful but with enough activities for when we wanted them. We were celebrating our 15th anniversary along with my 40th birthday. He did so great he's still reaping the benefits of those brownie points! Ti Kaye was perfection. We stayed in Cabin G with the plunge pool. I'd highly recommend the plunge pools simply for the quick cool off after time at the beach or just to relax after one of the wonderful outings Ti Kaye has organized. The cabins are lovely, romantic and very private. We were at Ti Kaye (pronounced 'Tea Ki", FYI) from April 5-12 and the weather was perfect. We did use our AC at night but the cool breeze during the day was heavenly. We didn't find it at all humid compared to Florida heat. Mosquitoes were a minor problem and watch for sand fleas at night on the beach. The food was incredible, I did gain 5 lbs. over the week but I've already lost it again so it was well worth it! We ventured out to Ladera's for dinner and we wasted our time and money. Lunch there during the Soufriere tour was great but don't bother with dinner. The food and service simply didn't compare to Ti Kaye. Driving was tricky but we just spent two years in S. Italy, so we were moderately prepared! I also scuba dived (sp?) for the first time and had a blast! I was extremely worried about trying it but Terrol was fabulous, very thorough and safety conscious. My husband is certified so he just got right to it. We had something to do almost every day but still enough time to relax on the beach or lie in that dreamy hammock overlooking the bay.
Overall it was a perfect vacation, best we've ever had and that includes our wonderful honeymoon! Thank you, everyone at Ti Kaye, for how very special you are!"

• Travel date: Tue 27th of April 2004

Absolutely, Positively, The Best in St. Lucia!

"Like many of you, I was looking for the "perfect" vacation. Since this trip was to be my honeymoon, I was really searching for something special. So I came to Trip Advisor to see what my fellow travelers had to say about the resorts in St. Lucia. After reading through the many reviews of the larger resorts, such as Sandals and the Rex Resorts, I found the review of Ti Kaye. Needless to say, after reading the reviews and visiting their website, I was convinced that this was the place to stay.

I had many questions before I committed to the actual booking. After all, we are talking about a lot of money and we are a newly married couple. The emails I exchanged with Marina and Giselle made all my fears go away. No matter how stupid the question sounded or how many times we changed our minds on dates and tours, Marina and Giselle were always patient and helpful.

We left for our honeymoon on Saturday, April 17th and we left St. Lucia on April 25th. For those of you paying attention, that is today. I am so happy with Ti Kaye, that the first thing I am doing upon arriving home is telling you all about it.

I would like to provide detailed information for all those who are considering traveling to St. Lucia... All that follows is my personal opinion....

Traveling to Ti Kaye:
We had a direct flight from Philadelphia to St. Lucia. This flight is a US Air flight and it runs on Sat and Sun only. The flight is only 4 hours and it was uneventful. Upon arrival, we were greeted with a friendly face that was to take us to Ti Kaye. If you purchase a package from Ti Kaye, this transfer is included. The ride was about 1 1/2 hours (there is construction on the main road on the West Coast of St. Lucia, so we went around the East Coast) and the sights along the way were nothing short of spectacular. St. Lucia has beautiful water views while also having lush greenery and lots of mountains and valleys. The roads are very curvy, so I would suggest not trying to drive to Ti Kaye on your own. Right before the entrance to Ti Kaye, there is a long stretch of road that is unpaved. This road is bumpy and you must drive slowly as to not hurt your car. At this point in the ride, you might be thinking twice about your trip, but I swear to you, what you see at the end of this road is absolutely breathtaking! You pull up in front of the main entrance and you are greeted by one of the best staff I have every had the pleasure of dealing with (more on them later). Your bags are whisked away to your cottage while you are brought down to the open air restaurant and bar for a complimentary cocktail. This is also when you are handed your key to paradise. When you are ready, you are personally escorted to your cottage and shown all of the features in your room. This personal treatment is the highlight of your trip to Ti Kaye.

Accommodations:
Ti Kaye has four types of accommodations. Every one of them has an ocean view. There are the duplex cottages, which are perfect for couples traveling together. There are ocean view cottages on the top of the walking path and there are ocean front cottages on the bottom of the walking path. There are also four ocean front cottages with private plunge pools. We were one the lucky four who had our own pool. Let me tell you, this is the way to go. We were in Cottage N which is located at the end of the path, facing a beautiful cove. It was so private and so peaceful that I didn't even unpack. I just lay down on the hammock on the front porch and looked out at the water. I was so thankful that we booked Ti Kaye.

The cottages all feature a King Size Bed that was covered with rose petals when we arrived. The rooms also feature a walk in closet and a garden shower... you are literally showering outside in a garden! Amazing!!! The front porch on each cottage was large with two rocking chairs, a table and a large hammock for two. The cottages have air conditioning, but we only used it at night. There are enough windows that the cottages are kept cool during the day and we were out a lot doing various activities anyway.

Food:
Wow, what to say about the food... It was so great that I think I gained 10 pounds in one week! In the daily rate, you get the full breakfast each morning. When they say full they mean FULL!!! You got a buffet with fresh fruit and juices along with a plated meal of eggs, bacon, sausage, the works! Our coffee mugs were always refilled and the food tasted great!

We ate lunch in the restaurant whenever we could. I became so addicted to their homemade salad dressing that I started ordering it with every meal! They had everything from sandwiches (yummy baguettes served with salad and plantain chips) to Curry Chicken Roti, an island specialty. We even asked for food to go when we were leaving for the airport, since we wanted one last taste!!!

When you went to dinner, it was like a different restaurant. The linens were all white and pressed. There were wine glasses lined up at the table, and reservations were required (but all you had to do was let them know at lunch what time you were coming to dinner....) The menu changed daily with creative appetizers, entrees and desserts featured. We tried as many of the choices as we could and they were as good as a gourmet restaurants in New York City. Some were even better!

We made the mistake of trying to eat out in other "touristy" locations and we were sorely disappointed by what we found. We tried a dinner at Doolittles in Marigot Bay (which while it had a beautiful setting, the food was so-so). We also ate lunch at Spinnakers in Rodney Bay, which was nothing special. We did have a great lunch at Ladera Resort when we were on a tour in Soufriere, but it was much more expensive than Ti Kaye and the menu choices were limited and did not change at all.

Tours:
When you arrive, you can set up an itinerary for all the activities you want to do while you are there. Based on the package you chose, most of these activities are included in the price; you just have to choose the days you would like to do them. Then all you have to do is show up!

We decided to do as many as we could, so our days filled up quickly.

If you are interested in getting lots of cheap souvenirs, you must go to the market in Castries. There is also some beautiful architecture if you venture away from the bay. See if you can get Alex to take you on his water taxi. He is so nice and he will tell you where to go.

You must take the Land and Sea Tour of Soufriere. You will meet up with Ryan and he will take you to the Botanical Gardens, Sulpher Springs and then a beautiful warm water bath where you will sit in 100 degree water and let all your troubles melt away. This is also where you get to have lunch at Ladera and see the best view of the Pitons. It is worth it just for that photo opportunity.

We went horseback riding at Trim Stables in Rodney Bay. There, we met up with Anthony, who took us down to the beach where we rode the horses bareback as they swam in the Atlantic Ocean (we went to a small beach of the East Coast). We never rode horses before, so it was an experience, but it was amazing!!! You must try it!

We also went on the Sunset Cruise, which is run by Francis Sailing Tours. We were personally taken by Francis and his assistant Shaggy up the West Coast in their beautiful sail boat. It was so pretty, I took a whole roll of film on those views!

Staff:
Wow, the staff at Ti Kaye. They are the friendliest, nicest, most sincere people you will ever have the honor to meet. I was truly touched by all of them and I am so glad to share my experiences with you.

Jeannine - She is the manager of Ti Kaye and she knows all. No matter how busy she was, she knew what activities we had planned and made sure we were taken care of.

Joel - He was at the bar when we first arrived and made my husband a special drink. From them on, he always said hello and made you feel important.

Merlinda - She was always smiling and laughing at our jokes, even when they weren’t funny! She was so genuine and happy and we were sorry we didn't get a chance to say goodbye to her.

Cleus (I hope I am spelling that right) - He was the first person we saw each morning and he was always there when you needed him. He was always polite and always a gentleman.

Rose - Rose was another breakfast buddy who knew us by name by the second day. She knew what were going to order and always made an effort to anticipate our needs.

Florina – Always a lunch buddy, she worked hard to make sure we had everything we needed and we were never without. She is a treasure to spend time with.

Kim - From giving us our best table, to acting as a middleman between friends we met on the island, Kim was an all around great help. She does a little bit of everything and we are so glad she did.

Stella - When I mentioned I loved the salad dressing they made, Stella ran to get me the recipe to take home. That is the type of person she is. She always wanted to give you more.

Sonia - Our dinner waitress extraordinaire. Every night, Sonia was our waitress and every night she did a fabulous job. We were always happy to have Sonia wait on us.

Giselle – From working in the office to helping wait on tables, Giselle was always there to lend a hand. No matter what the request, Giselle was there to fulfill it and she always did it gracefully.

Theresa – From the first minute we met Theresa, we knew we met someone special. Theresa is someone who makes you feel special from the first time she says “hello”. She is a wonderful person and one you must seek out upon your arrival.

Marina and Rina – With all of the activities and reservations and checking in and checking out, you would think that the front desk would be too busy for small requests. That is not the case with Ti Kaye. Marina, Rina and Giselle would always stop what they were doing to answer your questions, change money from US to EC, ring up your gift shop purchases, arrange your tours and do whatever else you needed of them during your stay. Without these girls in the front office, it would be hard to run as great a ship as Ti Kaye does.

There are others who work at Ti Kaye who I wasn’t able to meet. I am sure all of them are as wonderful as those mentioned above.

Final Thoughts:
Bring Mosquito Repellent!!!! Ti Kaye does provide each room with mosquito repellent and citronella candles, but please make sure to use it! I didn’t and I am covered with bites I only got bit at night and that is my fault for not closing the mosquito netting provided tightly enough, but be prepared to be bitten.

The sun is strong! Wear sun block even if you normally don’t burn. You will in the St. Lucian sun.

Have fun and try new things! It is worth it to try things you normally wouldn’t. We did and we are so happy that we did!

We saw two weddings during the week we were there and they were beautiful. If you are considered getting married on an island, speak to Jeannine, they do an amazing job with weddings.

I know I said a lot, but I am so thrilled with my experience, that I want everyone to run and book a trip to Ti Kaye. Don’t just take my word for it, read the other reviews… that is what I did and I am so much happier because of it.

Thanks Ti Kaye!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 25th of April 2004

Loved Ti Kaye!... Hated flying.

"We honeymooned at Ti Kaye Village March 1-8. Originally, we were looking to book our honeymoon at a Sandals resort but are so glad that we didn't because Ti Kaye was just what we needed. A beautiful, quiet, laid-back, small resort. We booked the adventurous honeymoon package and participated in the meal plan. Being from Seattle, our flights to St. Lucia were long and tiring and we didn't reach the resort until well after midnight. We arrived with another couple and were escorted to the wrong cottages by the security guard. The next morning, the staff in the office switched our rooms painlessly and even moved our luggages for us. That evening, Janine apologized for the mix up herself. The food, staff, cottage and view were awesome. We are so pleased with the resort. The pictures on the resort's website are true to. They seem a little out dated as the trees and shrubs are taller and fuller now but everything else looks the same. The trips that were a part of our honeymoon package were a lot of fun. We were on the sunset cruise for only 15 mins. and then had to turn around as we were starting to feel sea sick. We had a half day sail scheduled for the following day but we had to cancel it and the staff had no problems giving us another trip option. They scheduled a horse back riding trip for us for the next day. Horse back riding was a lot of fun but we wish that we were told to wear our swim suits as the horses take you into the ocean. My husband and I, we were left on the beach to watch the others "swim" with their horses. A few minor details/mishaps did not spoil our honeymoon though. The only dissapointment of our trip was the flight back home to Seattle, which took a day and a half. The flight from St. Lucia to San Juan was good. Our flight from San Juan to Dallas/Ft. Worth was canceled. We were re-routed to Miami. From Miami, we flew to Dallas/Ft. Worth and didn't arrive there until after 1am. Our flight back to Seattle wasn't until 8:20am. Luckily, we were put in a hotel for the night. We slept all but 3 hrs. but we didn't complain, anything's better than sleeping in an airport. Ti Kaye Village truly is paradise and we still dream of laying on the hammock on our verandah watching the sunset. We will most definatley return to Ti Kaye Village in the near future, once we start trusting/liking American Airlines again."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of April 2004

Perfect Wedding!

"My husband & I chose Ti Kaye as our wedding destination this past January. We were looking for something quiet and intimate, but with all of the services you would expect from a larger resort. We were very pleased with the way the entire trip turned out! We spent 10 nights there and got married on a Friday night while the other guests had gone to the Fish fry in Anse La Raye. We practically had the resort to ourselves. All of the servers were very polite and greeted us whenever we saw them....even an occasional wave from Joel on our way to the beach! Jeannine took care of everything for the wedding and even brought me her hair spray when I realized I had forgotten mine. Giselle was always very helpful and Verna at the beach bar came out to our beach chairs to ask if we would be having lunch. As for the food....it was absolutely awesome! We never went hungry and even ate when we weren't hungry just because the food was so good. The chef, Paul, was absolutely great. He always had creative dishes and was willing to accomodate whenever possible. He served the food our wedding night himself and then returned to see how everything was. We really miss the baguette sandwiches that we ate so many of at lunch! All of the tours were well organized and much smaller than the big Sandals groups. Quite nice as we never felt like we were being herded like cattle to and fro.
The cottage wasn't elaborate, but was perfect for spending the end of the day toasting the sunset with a glass of wine. Our wedding was great and the photographer arranged by Jeannine took wonderful pictures. It was the perfect choice and we would love to return! The folks that have written the poor reviews need to relax a bit!"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of April 2004

Hotels near Ti Kaye Resort & Spa

Stayed at Ti Kaye Resort & Spa? Share your insight.

Ti Kaye Resort & Spa is also called