About BodyHoliday Saint Lucia

• golf course
  • adult pool

bad holiday

Reviewed Tue 10th of April 2012

"I had several accident when I was there due to bad health and safety issues. It spoiled my whole holiday. Water running over tiles making them slippy. No handrail by steps. Poor airconditioning in health studio. On getting home weapproached the hotel for a free holiday or deal of some sort,they where not interested. There attitude was 'take us to court' A broken toe, whiplash, and now a knee op was my result of my visit there. Sad but true. May i also mention that we have been to the hotel 5 times previously but it looks like never again unless they change their mind."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of April 2012

Unfinished! Missed meals! Poor management!

Reviewed Mon 7th of November 2011

"On arriving here I had to wait three hours for my room to become available. Even though they knew what time I was arriving. Every time I went to ask how much longer the answer was always " only another 30 minutes" three long hours later it was ready. During this time I asked to change from my aeroplane clothes into something more comfy. I was shown to a room that was not finished with open windows facing workmen. I declined the offer to change.

The next day I took a look around the resort. To my dismay it was not finished. There where workmen on one of the roofs banging away. Behind the second swimming pool was a huge hole filled with dirt with more workmen. The decking area was not completed it only had cardboard to walk on. Every time you went to relax by the pool you had the constant banging and drilling from the work men this was NOT RELAXING!
Not to mention every time I walked passed the workmen they made some sexist comments.
On the second day I came back to my room to find a letter from Mark saying that, all guests needed to leave the hotel on Wednesday so they could continue the works. This was Unacceptable. We where being forced to leave the resort and miss our classes and treatments. We had the option to stay but with no activities and lots of noise. It was at this point I had my first meeting with the hotel manager.
I explained my concerns to him. He told me my travel agent should have informed me that the resort was not complete. That's fair enough but the lady that showed us around on the first day made no mention of ongoing works even when I asked her if it was complete. She brushed me off with "oh it's just a few things now nothing to disturb your holiday" hmmm I think not. I told Him about leaving the hotel the next day he told me  i should be grateful I was going on a boat trip as the cost per guest was $205 each. Unbelievable I had paid more then that per day to stay here not to be shipped off on a boat that I did not want to be on! I also mentioned the fact that despite waiting for my room there was no towels, robes and no water in my room. He said it was just my room. But I pointed out to him it actually was all my parties rooms in total 4 rooms. He did not have an answer for me and instead blamed it on teething problems. I also pointed out to him that the skin care clinic was closed and the bride would not be able to have her nails done for her big day. He then went to check and confirmed what I already knew that the skin clinic was closed. Where is the manager communication here??
Anyway the bride did get her nails done by a receptionist the nails did not even last till the beginning of the ceremony.

I must say that some things at lesport are good. the spa is fantastic they really make you feel great. The food is excellent and plenty of choice. The water sports centre is also excellent.

However, more bad news was to come. In the first week we had to wait over an hour and a half for our main meal in the restaurant. Some of the table actually left and got food from the BBQ. I thought it was a one  off incident. Sadly it was not. In the second week the same thing happened. This time tho we had invited some outside guests to join us. We had to wait for two hours for a main this time! We sat down at 8 and our main meal arrived just after 10. By this time it was too late my parents had left and myself and brother did not eat our meals either. So we had paid for four meals that night that was not eaten.
Back to the manager again. He had lots of figures he showed me on a computer screen that said we had got our meal at 9:15. Despite the fact that I wax sitting there telling him as an actual person not a figure on his computer screen that we waited until 10 for our meal. We even had to call another manager away from the bar  on the night to help us find out where our meals where. Again lack of communication from management staff. He was still insisting we got served at 9:15. He told me he would investigate I'm still waiting to find out what happened to our meals that night. Then they tried to charge us for my parents meal on check out!
We also got charged for a snorkelling trip that we did not do. I asked three people to take it off my bill but guess what when I went to check out. It was still there. I did not have to pay in the end. There was also the incident with the key. I locked accidentally in the room. I had to wait two hours for somebody to let me back in!

Some of the staff where lovely but this was tarnished by a few staff that where not helpful and Actually very rude.
I have already explained in previous posts that I tried to speak to Mark before I left. I could not get hold of him. I also left my email address at reception and also on the comments form. No reply.
I feel completely let down by lesport what was meant to be a relaxing family wedding/holiday had turned into a nightmare.  I feel cheated by the incomplete refurbishment, lack of service and  not being listened to.   The manager even told me i had too higher expectation of the resort. Its being marketed as a luxury resort how can my exceptions be to high?

There ethos is you give them your body for a week and they will give you back your mind. Well my body feels great but my mind is more stressed then when I arrived! "

• Travel date: Fri 4th of November 2011

Le Sport - dont go

Reviewed Tue 13th of January 2009

"We have been to Le Sport about 5 times now. After the last time we have decided never again! The managment are just out to milk the guests for every penny they can make. The all inclusive treatments were of a low quality/. To get a fully qualified person for the treatments you had to pay extra. The food in the main restaurant is pretty poor at night. Tao is ok - but beware outside guests who are paying get preference over hotel guests!We were there for new years eve and again the aim was to maximise revenue by filling the place to bursting point with guests from outside the hotel. The rooms have not changed since we first went there some 12 years ago - not even a lick of paint! The sun loungers - you get better in blackpool!
Dont go there unless you can get a stupid deal."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of January 2009

We have been to Le Sport 4 times now and...

Reviewed Fri 1st of August 2008

"We have been to Le Sport 4 times now and each time it's great, never want to come home. So much to do if you want or nothing to do if you choose. The staff are friendly helpful and polite, the rooms gorgeous, and clean with very polite and discreet housemaids, who do a great" bed turn down service" every evening. The food is to die for with plenty of variety and always healthy choices. The treatments in the spa are heavenly, and free. The beach is always clean and safe with plenty of sunbeds and shade, and of course you get served from the bar whilst sunbathing, plus they bring round water to keep you hydrated.The Body Holiday Guards are the best, they show you round, look after you, entertain you and coach you in new sports or old. That means you can learn tennis, golf, fencing, tai chi, yoga, snorkelling, windsurfing, sailing, water ski-ing and carribean dancing!
Whilst there are other firms offering day trips and rep trying to get you to go see other places they are not pushy and know how to take no for an answer with a smile.
The entertainment, music of different types played on the patio whilst having evening dinner is of a high class and the bands and music later are good and fun."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of August 2008

Le Sport offers a Beach & Spa holiday to...

Reviewed Sat 1st of September 2007

"Le Sport offers a Beach & Spa holiday to suit all. Predominantly for couples with a 16 year old age limit, it makes for a relaxing a peaceful environment.

All inclusive prices include a Spa treatment each day and a huge variety of food in 3 separate restaurants. The Tao is exceptional, although not all is inclusive and there is an extra charge for some dishes. That said there is enough on the inclusive menu to satisfy most taste. The main Caribleu Restaurant offers a tremendous range from a daily table d’hote and weekly a la carte Menu.

Activities range from daily walks, cycle rides to golf, archery and a variety of aerobic or relaxation classes, alternatively the beach offers white sands and waiter drinks service for the less active.

Scuba and snorkelling on the local reef are also a must – equipment for PADI qualified is inclusive, but boat dives are at extra cost, but usually well worth it.

Have visited the resort 5 times and never been disappointed. The resort is at the top of the island and the transfer can be long – pay the extra for a private transfer to ensure that it is kept to a minimum without multiple drop offs on route. "

• Travel date: Sat 1st of September 2007

We visited the Le Sport in April; it is...

Reviewed Sat 26th of May 2007

"We visited the Le Sport in April; it is set on a beautiful beach.

We had a Ocean view room which on entering my first words were, this needs a coat of paint. The room was a good size and had a large balcony with a wonderful view, but it was tatty in need of attention the paint was peeling, the upholstery stained and a wardrobe door missing.

My friend who had an Ocean Front room was horrified when she walked into hers, it was identical to mine in size and furnishings, but it was dirty as well as tatty, and there was no view from her balcony as it was completed blocked with palm trees.

They asked to be moved which they did but they had to pay extra, which is not good, when you think you have already paid for one for the best rooms.

The food, wine and service in all the restaurants was excellent. We had a couple of evenings in the Tao and the food and service is amongst the best I have experienced, although it was a bit much we were not offered the inclusive wine here.

The staff were friendly and most of them went out of their way to make sure you had what you needed, someone was always on hand on the beach with cold drinks, and towels and sun shades.

The spa treatments were very good, although the climb to the Oasis can be a bit much, my friend had to miss a couple of treatments as she had hurt her leg, she did ask reception and they just said get a taxi!

The journey from the airport is a nightmare; I think it is probably worth taking the helicopter.

We came home feeling relaxed and pampered, I would return to the hotel and recommend it, but only when it has been renovated, as this is the only things that lets it down it is looking tatty."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of May 2007

A brilliant hotel. Superb food. Very wel...

Reviewed Mon 30th of October 2006

"A brilliant hotel. Superb food. Very welcoming atmosphere and a wealth of things to do. You can do all the activities and sports planned each day or completely relax and chill out.

The daily spa treatments which are included in the price were very good. Definitely a place to recommend."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of October 2006

Rightly voted best spa by readers of con...

Reviewed Tue 21st of March 2006

"Rightly voted best spa by readers of conde nast.
The best way to describe it is heaven on earth-daily body treats, activities all day long if you wish to participate, no pressure if you don't. Staff who take the time to get to know you, for whom nothing is too much trouble.

Excellent food and excellent service. Throughout the holiday you often hear people saying I know what a holiday is all about, the perfect combination of rest and relaxation but plenty to do if sitting on the beach is not for you. Great scuba instructors make certification seem like a breeze.

Travel with which ever tour operator is cheapest, because once you are there, a local company provides reps for all the tour operators, so the service is exactly the same."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of March 2006

My wife and i were privileged to holiday...

Reviewed Sat 7th of January 2006

"My wife and i were privileged to holiday for a week at Le sport , Castries .As we arrived on the island , having been met by a waiting taxis and chauffeured by a most courteous and informative young man who took us on an extended route to our hotel where we were educated and amused as highlights along the way were pointed out to us.

On arriving at the complex our host were waiting with a champagne reception ,and a warm welcome before being conducted to more than we expected- a beautiful room , more champagne and a tasteful presentation of fruit.

Things just got better and better and as it was our anniversary, the picturesque setting; the abundance of tasty and well presented meals ; the variety of sports and entertainment ; all made much nicer by the warm, smiling and eagerly helpful staff was just ideal. Did I mention the highlight of each day? Well, there was a different massage every day, gently and soothingly performed by whom you would just love to bring home.

This corner of paradise allow its visitors to do as much or as little as you wanted to do. If laying on a deck chair soaking up the sun and drinking a glass or glasses of your favourite tipple was what you preferred; then obtain a flag, stick it in the sand and the waiter will keep coming as long as you kept drinking. When the flag was lowered, then he would just check that all was well and you were completely satisfied.

My wife and I were grieved to leave this haven of peace and tranquillity and are so pleased that such a place exists to cater to the needs of the likes of us who through hard work and stress, need a doorway to paradise and the gleaming welcoming smile of the proprietors and staff of Le sport- Castries St Lucia.

We are more than happy to recommend it and feel sure that all future guest will return glowing in every sense of the word."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of January 2006

We stayed at Le Sport from Nov 27th - De...

Reviewed Mon 19th of December 2005

"We stayed at Le Sport from Nov 27th - Dec 12th. We booked a ' Luxury Ocean Front '. The room was certainly not LUXURIOUS - no four poster bed and no refinements (kettle, drinks in fridge, fruit etc).

The SPA treatments were ok, most days the therapist was late. The table of treatments was created without consultation which puzzled me. Within 10 days, I was scheduled 4 facials! - that didn’t make sense. I didn’t bother with them after 7 days - waste of time.

The Carib Blue restaurant was ok at lunchtime with a good selection to choose from. At night, the choice was poor and the food wasn’t good. The Grill was as advertised - relaxed. The food was ok - nothing special and often cold. The acclaimed TAO restaurant was a good dining experience but not my sort of food. It was all far too rich - on the two occasions I eat there I was ill the following day. The activities on offer was excellent including the early morning walks which I enjoyed ( beware of Golf Hill ).

The sea was quite rough during the first week but I did manage to take advantage of the snorkelling. Its a good swim out to the Coral but well worth it - plenty of fish to see - beware of the currents.

The wedding service the hotel provides is superb and the two girls at guest relations do a wonderful job. Our Wedding was a complete success.

In essence, the reality never lived up to the colourful descriptions in the brochures. Once i realised that, I was able to enjoy myself."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of December 2005

Wonderful Time at Le Sport !

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"We just returned from one week at Le Sport ( November 27-December 4) and we had a wonderful time !
Food: There was always something to eat if you were hungry and the quality of the food was very good. Brekfast was the usual eggs, fresh fruit , bacon , sausages , yogurt etc... it was a nice mix. It accomodated both types of people: those who wanted to eat healthy and others taht wanted to indulge.
Lunch : We loved eating at the deli for lunch. Delicious salads and sandwiches hit the spot every time. We only ate at the Cariblue for lunch a couple of times but from what we saw there was always a good selection.
The clubhouse would also have an afternoon tea at 4:00pm with some finger sandwiches and sweets.
Dinner: We were quite pleased with the quality of the food at the Cariblue for dinner . Service was prompt and friendly and you never had to ask for your wine or water glass to be refilled. They also had a grill set up at the clubhouse for a more informal dinner setting.
The Tao was good, im not really into fusion food but what i did have was delicious. Again the service there was wonderful and the ambience of the restraunt was very well thought out.

The beach was on the small side but there was always plenty of room and lots of beach chairs. The service on the beach was fantastic ! Andre would always check if you needed a refil or needed another drink.
The water was clear and warm with a smooth bottom.
Lots to do in terms of watersports. Hubby tried out Waterskiing, Scuba Diving and Windsurfing. They have lessons everyday so you didnt need to worry about booking in advance.
We also did tubing which was hilarious , so much fun!
We didnt spend any time at the pool so i cant comment on it.
OASIS : It was a bit of a hike to get to but the Oasis is breathtaking. We had a bit of trouble with our spa treatment on the first day but things got quickly sorted out. I understand about previous comments about the spa not being organized but i witnessed some guests just getting so overworked and angry. Its supposed to be a vacation people need to relax ! Glitches are going to happen ( they happen in everyday life ) so this expectation that things will be perfect is ridiculous.
They also had a weight room with a personal trainer Felix. My husband worked out every day and i met with Felix who gave me a work out schedule for when i returned from vacation.
There was always tons of classes to take but i only took Yoga. They had a master instructor teaching and her classes were wonderful.
Rooms: This was the only thing that i wasnt impressed with . We had a luxury oceanfront room and while the room was nice it wasnt as nice as it could of been. More effort can be taken to make the rooms look more inviting. The only upside is that you really dont spend much time in your rooms other than to sleep.
Staff: The staff were very nice. I was suprised to see how rude some of the other guests are to the staff. One lady got angry in the dining room because she felt she wasnt being served as quickly as the other guests. She felt it was because she was a single woman. Puh-lease. She very quickly had tons of staff fawning all over her and i guess she felt better for the time being.
I was also suprised that nobody tipped. I know its an expensive resort but i guess its just in my canadian nature to tip when i appreciate the service I recieve. We didnt tip ALL the time but i would tip staff after being served by them after a couple of occasions.

Overall , my husband and i had a fantastic vacation. I wouldnt hesitate to go back as it truly was a vacation like no other."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of December 2004

The Illusion of Le Sport

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"The hotel promotes itself as a sophisticated "Body Holiday" where guests can indulge themselves in a range of spa and body treatments whilst relaxing in a calm Caribbean paradise. The reality is somewhat different. The spa treatments are carried out by, on the face of it, largely untrained staff and in an environment that lacks the sophistication promoted in the hotel's advertising. At best the spa treatments are average. Often you'll find that your treatment appointment has been double-booked and the spa operates on a typically Caribbean level of disorganisation and chaos at times.

The guest rooms are not up to scratch for a hotel of this published standard - plain and simple rooms lacking in facilities and a lift that breaks down often. The pool and beach are fine but neither challenges far nicer beaches that can be found all over the Caribbean. Restaurant food is bland (buffet, buffet and yet more buffet food every day until you can't wait to get home!) The Tao restaurant is, however, first class so long as you can get a table. Watersports are comprehensive and great fun.

All in all, the hotel falls way short of the price tag it charges and is definitely poor value for money. St. Lucia itself is beautiful and wet (very wet). It rains a lot here, even during high season, so don't expect to a achieve an uninterrupted sun-tan. The bus journey to and from the airport is an exercise in endurance over torturous roads - try to book a helicopter transfer (fabulous views). Alternatively complain to Le Sport's General Manager about the poor quality of the hotel and get him to pay for the transfer for you."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of December 2004