We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Main Street Runaway Bay, Runaway Bay Jamaica

Good services

Good

"We went to RDCC at the end of June. After the long 90 min and taxi/shuttle bus ride, we were told the hotel was overbooked. My said to myself: " Here it goes, I seems this in some of the comment on Internet". However, the manager was very nice, and proceeded to upgrade us to a better hotel in OCHo Rios ( the Jamaica Grande ) which is just great. RDCC paid for the difference and the taxi to get us there."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of July 2003

WE LOVE JAMAICA

"My husband and I went to Jamaica for a quick 4 night stay at the RDCC.
We are both still depressed that we had to leave. The service and the food and the cottages are fantastic! We were very leary after reading some of the reviews and are happy to say that we found nothing wrong.
The was not on our side but nobody can control that, it rained ebery day that we were there. This was our second trip to Jamaica and we will make our 3rd in October aboard the Navigator of the Sea, for those of you that want to tour please do the Blue Mountain bike tour your trip will not be complete if you don't take this tour, the views are spectacular and the waterfall is gorgeous you must do this tour. It's an 18 mile downhill bike tour (don't worry you only pedal maybe 3 min.
comfy seats too.) the time passes so fast you won't realize that you are at the half way point until the guide shows you how far you have come down the mountain. Clive is a great tour guide and Vinny is the bike guide all great people. Try the Martha Brae river rafting if you can it is so relaxing and serene our (driver of the Raft) is named Livingston he will sereneade you with sweet songs amd guide you down the river stopping and showing you the foliage and water life. All those planning a trip to RDCC go ahead and plan because you will not be disappointed I guarantee this and no one is more picky than me! The cottages are so neat (Hi #71) we had a crab hole outside the door and if your were lucky you would see him come out. This place is a 4 star and the food is so good that you find yourself eating when you know that you are not hungry. I don't drink so small cups of liquor did'nt bother me or my husband! Enjoy!!! We sure did and can't wait to do it again."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of July 2003

absolutly fab

"we stayed at the Royal Decameron 17.June to 1.July and we definetly loved it, JAHMAN. Me the German girl which came 2.nd in the BUTT-shacking-competition on the beach did not want to go home my chap not aswell. The cottages are super, private, clean. The food, specially the thai is gorg, love Jerk!!!! The drinks are full with rum,..(not like in other hotels you drink and drink and never get drunk. A big tha to the Staff and the Team which work very hard to keep us Touris happy, specially Rich the man made from Steal, Fred, Cam, Dwain, Rox, Sha, ....Olive!!! Thanks to the Barman on the Poolbar + Beachbar, which can make every Cocktail under the Sun (somat with coco, pleaseee). We really enjoyed the Holiday + I wish we could have stayed 4ever. We ll be back soon. JAHMAN.The Tours are fab aswell!!!!!!Thanx for making our holiday so special !!!!!!!!!!! NADJA+ANDY IRIE"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of July 2003

Awesome!

"My friend and I just returned from the Royal Decameron and have nothing but positive things to say. The food was great, all of the staff was just fantastic, clean rooms and wonderful entertainment. I must give much props to Camerod, Tyson, George, James Bond <--my buddy and Morris. You guys are the best!! To those who complained about the small cups---duuhhhh order two drinks. Please take it from me this was well worth the time and money.....I will be back!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of June 2003

Quiet Paradise

Good

"LOVED it!! It was my 8th trip to Jamaica and first to Runaway Bay. The individual cottages were great and the service exceptional, especially the waiters and entertainment staff. The food was above average. Before leaving for JA I read some of the reviews and became a bit concerned. Having been to Jamaica several times I knew to take most of negativity (sorry, but especially from my fellow americans) with a grain of salt though. This place far exceeded my expectations and I can't wait to go back! Thanks to all the great staff who made my stay a truly memorable and lovely experience. It was not perfect, but was well worth the relatively small price to pay. One side-note....a lady on my return plane ranted and raved about the *&%^ place they stayed at, paying $2,000 for 3 nights. I laughed quietly to myself about the reasonable rate I paid for my quiet paradise. I definitely know where my next trip will be to."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of June 2003

Superb

"We visited the club carribean for the first time and can honestly say that it was fantastic. Everybody was really friendly and the entertainment staff work exceptionally hard, to make our holiday one to remember. The food was lovely and the evening entertainment was very enjoyable. I really dont know how some people can find fault to complain about, i would definately recommend it and would definately go back! If you fancy going out of the complex the Dunns river falls and Port Antonio are a must to go to. Overall a beautiful island and a hotel which is an experience to remember.NO PROBLEM !!!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of June 2003

Yah Man!

Good

"The perfect retreat away from the "Concrete Jungle". Friendly staff, beautiful beach, great food and very clean rooms. The bartenders were friendly and entertaining. We hired a wonderful tour guide who gave us a personal tour of Ocho Rios at the gate by the name of Donald Brown. Just ask security at the gate. There is a show every night which is followed by great music at the night club. We will definately go back!"

• Travel date: Fri 13th of June 2003

Royal Decameron - Irie

Good

"My wife and I visited the Royal Decameron during June 2 - 9, 2003. I had read a variety of the reviews of the resort and had mixed emotions about using this resort. However, an associate of my travel agent had been to this resort one month prior and gave me her opinion. Our trip started very uneventfully from Buffalo, New York. Within 5 hours, we were in Jamaica. Customs was very uneventful and we were soon in the main concourse being shuffled to our tour bus. The first dose of reality regarding Jamaica was the condition of their roads. Pitiful is a compliment. However, I was not there to travel the roads. We arrived at the Royal Decameron within 1-1/2 hours for check in. Our check in was the only real problem (not a situation) that we had while at the resort. My wife and I had booked an ocean front cottage. Upon check in they wanted to put me in a garden cottage. I informed them of their mistake. At this point they did not have a cottage available but would have one clean within 1/2 hour. 2 hours later I became beligerent with the front desk staff. I immediately spoke with the hotel manager and within 10 minutes I had a very nice ocean front cottage. The rest of the vacation at the Royal Decameron was very pleasant. Our room was kept nicely maintained. The beach was maintained daily. The weather was fabulous. Even the front desk staff apologized daily to me for the confusion at check in. My wife and I did 2 different tours while in Jamaica. Of course the number one thing on our list was to climb Dunn's River Falls. We took a hotel tour through our travel agent. The tour took us through Shaw Park and Fern Gully before going to the falls. The park was absolutely beautiful. Upon getting to the park, we changed into our water shoes and headed to the falls. The guides are very helpful in climbing the falls. The views are spectacular. by the time you are finished, you have this feeling of "I can not believe that we did that!".Later in the week, we took the Blue Mountain Bicycle Tour. The tour ins. Mid morning, they stop at their chalet at 2200 feet and provide a nice yet simple breakfast. After breakfast, the bus continues winding up the mountain another 3000+ feet to a breath taking over view of Kingston. At this point you get on your bicycles and literally coast down 18 miles of winding mountain roads. It is literally breath taking. The discovery channel has claimed this to be a MUST DO while in Jamaica. I can say that yes it is.My wife and I travel a couple of times per year to the Caribbean and Mexico. We have been to a variety of resorts, 3, 4, and 5 star resorts. Whereas the Royal Decameron is not the nicest resort we have stayed in, it is indeed a very comfortable resort for the money. If you are expecting lobster every night and high priced booze every night, stay at one of the Superclubs. If you are looking for a nice clean resort with a great entertainment staff and great entertaining bartenders. the Royal Decameron is a good selection. Previous reviews state a lot of negative. I believe that the Decameron is addressing many of these problems. The attitudes of the staff and the presence of all employees appeared that they enjoyed their jobs and wanted us to be happy. Irie to the Royal Decameron Jamaica."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of June 2003

A Great Place To Relax

"What a wonderful place. When you go on vacation, you have to be open to new experiences. We stayed at the Royal May 12-16. We had a wonderful time. The beach was very nice. You could lay just about anywhere and still have privacy. The bartenders were very friendly. You may have to be a little persistent with the front desk staff, but once they understood what we were asking, they were a great help. The food was excellent. We ate at both specialty restaurants, which were very nice and the food was great. The Jasmine Delta is a very nice, romantic place to spend the evening. We watched the sunset from right outside the restaurant and then went to eat, it is all open and by the beach. It was perfect. The Club Med was very good as well. You should definately ask for a Hummingbird drink at the bars. They are not on the list of drinks, but they are wonderful!!! I would suggest taking a bigger cup with a lid or purchasing one once you arrive, as the cups at the bar are quite small. We had no problem with housekeeping, they even left a wonderful heart on our bed everyday made with a towel. It was just very good. I would suggest exchanging your money at a local bank rather than the hotel, as they do not always have the most current rate. If you are looking for a nice place to relax and not be to bothered, then this is the ideal place to visit. The individual cabana's are a real plus. No kids running up and down the halls, etc.... Although there were kids there the week, we hardly saw or heard them. It was a wonderful place and I will never stay anywhere else. We are planning to return next year and stay longer. The roads and the drivers are a little crazy, but hey...relax...have fun.....you rarely see any wrecked vehicles, so what the hey...no problem...We also went horseback riding at the Hooves Horseback Riding in Seville. I would highly recommend this tour!!!! It was absolutley wonderful. Patrick, Nicholas and Garfield were the best.. Riding in the sea was the most awesome experience. Everyone going to er Falls, it was great fun. I would be very careful of the Crafters Market in Ocho Rios. Don't be the first people there, they are very rude and won't leave you alone. This was the only bad part of our trip. Was having to "haggle" with the vendors...it was very nerve wracking. So we just stayed in the duty free shops from then on. If you are good at "haggling" then by alls means, go for it....otherwise, stick to the duty free shops. We had just a wonderful time. Good food, good people, good relaxation. Please consider this resort when planning your trip. The individual cabana's were the selling point for us, and we were in no way dissappointed."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of June 2003

Buyer Beware

"I have been in the travel business for over 30 years, have seen many countries and properties - I consider myself objective and travel educated. I knew when I booked this property that you get what you paid for but I don't even think I got what I paid for it. The property was probably "nice", 30 years ago. Everyday you stay you have a different problem (or challenge). We arrived at 730PM and went to the room and wanted a shower, no towels in the room' we called front desk - "no Problem" we'll send some right over. At 10 PM we called again and again no problem - we'll send some right over. At 7AM nect day went to the front desk & they said housekeeping would be right there, at 10AM I went back to the front desk,asked for the manager & she finally got us towels at 10AM the next day. Toilet stopped up 2 days out of 4, took 6 hours to get maintence there. Couldn't shower & could use the toilet - GREAT ACCOMODATIONS. Air conditioner noisy and ineffective. Swimming pools open 9A-5PM ONLY, Their internet rarely worked and when it did it was so slow an airmail letter would get there faster. They never replenished the bottled water like they said they would. Service is non-existent. Food was acceptable, ala carte meals very, very small servings. Long lines for your "inclusive" drinks. IF YOU STAY HERE AFTER READING THIS, YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE. If I really wanted to get even with someone I didn't like, I'd book them at the Royal Decameron."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of May 2003

amazing best kept secret

"Just returned from 2 weeks holiday. Did not venture out to any of the touristy deals, apart from a short shopping trip.
Well we were reluctant to express how good this is, in case it puts up the demand and prices.
But the whole team of staff from the gardeners, cleaning ladies, bar and black peeps and of course the multitasking entertainers, we're all so genuinely friendly and will chat to get to know you, in a sincere way, just makes this the best place to enjoy the company of Jamaicans. Special credits must go to Alvin, who hates to be called by his second name, Jason. He made everyone welcome and none of the staff were touting for tips.
We found it hard to spend money because everything is catered for.
If you venture out there, just make sure you have a bottle of Daddies brown sauce and be very cautious will the WiFi connection. It will use up your hours if you do not log off.
What makes it perfect is the location, no hi rise hotel rooms, the staff and the quality.
If only the management knew what they have in their team and make sure they reward them in return.
So, go for it, young, old, fat or thin, this place has got it all.
Easily 4 stars but for atmosphere 10 stars.
Remember say hello to ALVIN for us, from Dave and little redhead Pam."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of June 2015

Absolutely stunning by the Trembles

"This is fantastic resort, very friendly and clean. Highly recommended, good for families and those just looking to relax. When visiting make sure to say "hello" to Rohan and the team at the Grill Bar (out of this world). Also a must to say "hello" to Howard and Georgie Porgy the best lifeguards ever cos Stone Cold Steve, Rasta girl Tracey and Kieran said so ,the Entertainment Staff , Kasey, Vanilla, Brian, Birdman and the mad Scooby, the Bar Staff Lenny and the lovely Tanesha and not forgetting mad as a hatter Kevin and last but not least our wonderful Cleaner Pauline ( she one in a million).
Even though our visit to Jamaica was only a short seven days due to Business commitments , we intend to go back this year for two weeks..We were made to feel like an extended part of the Jamaican family and we made them an extended part of our family. The only downfall to our visit was the non courtesy and bad manners of some the French not just to the staff but also other nationalities. Manners cost nothing. Most but not all of the French in effect would demand you move from your seats in the Buffet Bar when dining so that they could have the tables. On several occasions we noticed the rudeness manner in which they spoke to the staff.

All in all a must place to go. In our opinion the resort should be upgraded to 4*.
When visiting you must visit Pauline and Lorna's shops just outside the complex, very friendly."

• Travel date: Fri 31st of January 2014

Hotels near Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Stayed at Royal Decameron Club Caribbean? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

• "LOVELY ACCOMADATION NEEDS A LITTLE MORE CUPBOARDS FOR CLOTHES GREAT FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT SUPERB "

• "DUNN RIVERS FALLS . LAGOON RAFTING AND DOLPHINS "

• clareknight45 by clareknight45

"Quieter and prettier than a lot of the Island "

• philandann by philandann

"We have not managed to stop talking about this holiday and excellent hotel to our friends "

• philandann by philandann

"To see my wife swimming with the dolphins at dolphin cove was my highlight of the holiday "

• Menhennett by Menhennett

"All three restaurants "

• rastor beads by rastor beads

"be ready to be entertained beyond belief and laugh "

• Jenkij by Jenkij

"This is a lovely hotel to visit, saving to go again soon "

• sandydoll by sandydoll

"brilliant and helpful staff "

• Trembles by Trembles

"Definately interact with the staff and join in with the activities a brilliant laugh "

Royal Decameron Club Caribbean is also called