Moxons Beach Club

Boscobel Jamaica

Good

What a beautiful place!

Good

"My boyfriend and I stopped here for one night on our way to the Blue Mountains from Negril. What a beautiful place! The view from the bar/restaurant is absolutely amazing and what great customer service. The property is a few kilometers out of Ocho Rios so you don't get all of the tourist hustle/bustle. My boyfriend is a spear fisher and they had someone onsite that took him for hours. Thank you to Moxon's for a relaxing one night before heading to the mountains!"

• Travel date: Mon 4th of February 2008

Fantastic Place

"After reading the reviews here I was wondering if the place was as good as it seemed. It was better!.
From the arrival when we were given a free room upgrade, the absolute calm and quiet of the place, the wonderful staff and fantastic food, we could not have made a better choice. The owner, Joanne (Miss Mac too everyone) takes a personal interest in all her guests and her and all the staff go out of there way to help. The food was always prepared from scratch upon ordering and every meal we had was perfect.
This is definitely not a property for those looking for the "all inclusive sterilized resort" If you think there is a difference between Sandals or RIU then maybe you should try Moxons and experience something real. The staff will help you with arrangements, from ordering a driver for the day, to stopping a local taxi on the road and making sure you get the correct price. We wanted to try to eat local, so one of the staff walked with us into the village and introduced us to the people and showed us were to eat. Even when we brought our take out back to our room the waitress brought us a candle to the table on our porch.
If you are a little more adventurous and don't mind doing things for yourself, you could not make a better choice."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of January 2008

Gem of the Caribbean

"My wife and I stumbled on the gem of the Caribbean. Now that we have found it we have to tell everybody. We stayed from Dec. 18/07 to Jan. 2/08. This holiday surpassed our wildest dreams. The people, country, food, hospitality, scenery and hotel were beyond what we had hoped for.
We had the hotel all to our selves the first week, so we felt like we owned the place. Whenever we went snorkeling the lifeguard would come with us and show us the most amazing sea life and corral. With the hotel on a mile long reef, the snorkeling was unbelievable. We went for a couple of hours everyday.
The staff made every attempt to accommodate our every need. (We felt very spoiled). So pleasant to talk to. The food at the hotel was superb, with authentic Jamaican cuisine, western food is also available
If there was anything that we wanted, like a day of sight seeing, a tour to Bob Marley's Mausoleum or a cruise in the Luminous Lagoon the front desk arranged it all for us. No worries mon.
We had a really hard time leaving and can hardly wait to book for next year. Loved it.
Miss Mac (the owner) has an absolute oasis on her hands and this place is going to flourish with everything that it offers."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of January 2008

I Loved this Place!

"I had a chance to stay at Moxons during the Thanksgiving Holiday and staying there was the highlight of my trip. I was slightly nervous since there were so few reviews, however once I stepped foot on the property I knew that we made a great choice. And if I would ever have to be anywhere during a hurricane, I can't imagine a better place to be. Fortunately we did not have to worry about a hurricane during our visit, although on our arrival the sky decided to open up and welcome us with a drenching shower. The property is amazing and we soon found that Moxons is such a great place that there was an entire group of returning guest who decided to come and have Thanksgiving dinner at the property. Joanne (the Proprietor) treats everyone as family and I felt right at home. I even teased one guest who is a frequent visitor that she doesn't need to purchase a summer home, because Moxon is it. And it must be for several guest as many return so often that they leave items to use on their next visit. This hotel has it all. They even provide for snorkeling right off of the property and you don't have to go far to see great underwater views. The rooms are very comfortable and provide for a fantastic ocean view. Joanne also provides entertainment for her guest on select nights to keep things exciting. The staff at Moxons is excellent and they go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and have everything you need for an enjoyable stay. I called in advance to have a special surprise for my girlfriend for her birthday and the staff went out of their way to make sure everything was in place prior to us arriving. I can not say enough about this place. I would never stay anywhere else on the North Coast of Jamaica except Moxon. For the value that it provides Moxon can not be beat. Others who stayed at some of the higher end all inclusive resorts, were not as happy with their stay as we were with Moxon. I can't wait to return and I just hope that once this hidden gem is discovered by others, that I will still be able to book a room. I can't imagine wanting to stay anywhere else besides Moxons. From the food, the rooms, the views, the private beach, and the staff, everything about Moxons was first class and I enjoyed every minute of my stay."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of December 2007

H(e)aven in a Hurricane!

"What can we say about Moxons -
We were asked to leave our booked beachside villa as hurricane Dean was about to hit Jamaica but found countless hotels (although they had rooms) would not take us - until we phoned Moxons - who welcomed us warmly and immediately - nothing was too much trouble for 'Mama Jo' (quickly renamed as she looks after everyone!) and her lovely staff.
We arrived (9 of us) and were shown rooms around a beautiful courtyard and knew immediately that we would be safe no matter what hurricane Dean threw at us! What a relief to us as parents!
Over the next 36 hours a 'hurricane comraderie' quickly developed between us and the staff with numerous games of uno, chess, table football and backgammon interspersed with meals (lobster salad!), pimms and cocktails!
When the boards came down - what a lovely surprise to find just what a stunning location we were in! But with the power still down - we stayed on ....
snorkelling along the stunning reef, pool parties by candlelight, beach barbeques, 'make do' to-die-for chocolate birthday cake - local zip-wiring and 'do-nuts' down through the rain forest - even basketball with the local lads! We had a truly wonderful time.
We are missing our friends at Moxons - and cannot recommend highly enough this wonderful place - particularly to those who want to get away from the 'all-inclusive, all brit or american enclaves' that line the rest of the north coast."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of September 2007

a hidden gem

"I stayed at the resort not expecting much but to say I was pleasantly surprised is an understatement. Though I'd stayed in Jamaica before it was on a different part of the island. We took an airport shuttle that stopped at several resorts and beachfront hotels on the way. None were anywhere near the level of moxons. Some of the even more expensive resorts looked paltry in comparison. The stunning view, the hand crafted Jamican meals and the warmest Hotel staff(and Owner) one could ever hope for. For the price it was an incredible steal. I will most definately recommend this to others and plan on returning!"

• Travel date: Sun 12th of August 2007

A touch of Heaven.....

"This was a most memorable trip the ages of the group of ranged from 18-85 and everyone had a awesome time....SO much that we have already booked for Thanksgiving. The owner is extremely knowledgeable and has as very willing staff to help you with the requests that make your trip EXCELLENT!!!! Cant forget to mention that the food is great!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 25th of July 2007

Perfectly Beautiful and Relaxing

"This hotel was situated on a cliff overlooking multi-hued azure waters in front of a reef. The views
were spectacular and the accomodations lovely and hip. It was a sophisticated and yet cozy.The service was attentive and the fresh Carribbean and Jamiacan Cuisine was yummy.
I have traveled extensively and this is one place I would stay forever if I could."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of May 2007

Moxon's Beach Club will once again be know internationally

"My girlfriend and I stayed at Moxon's Beach Club from December 26th, 2006 through to January 15th, 2007, and were one of the first guests to stay at the hotel since its being built.

The rooms are exquisite, each decorated with special touches. The staff was amazing, from the cleaners, to the cooks, to the service staff. Our meals were wonderful, fresh fruit juices for breakfast, etc. Tours were arranged promptly and efficiently by the front desk staff.

Not to mention the fact that the owner is an absolutely incredible, amazing individual. The history alone, of the facility itself, is truly worth the visit....the ambiance worth the stay....intend many returns....

Sandi Lewis
Legal Assistant / Para-Legal"

• Travel date: Mon 9th of April 2007

Our Hidden Paradise

"We have just returned from a "hidden paradise" just a few minutes East of Ocho Rios Jamaica. It is the hidden paradise called " Moxon's". The full name is Moxon's Beach Club and has been resorrected from rubble, to what we think will be a very sought after destination as the word gets out. It is a classy small boutique type hotel with all the comforts of home but with lots of Jamaican flare. 80% of the 24 rooms have a sea view but all have their own charm and distinct design. You can book rooms from 2 bedrooms suits to small single rooms with wet bars.
There is a very inviting pool with sunning deck and lots of areas out of the direct sun with fluffy pillows to lounge and and feel the tradewinds.
There is a and full bar and restaurant with different meal plans or just order off the menu directly. The food is mostly seafood.
But the staff and chef can work with any requests with pryor notice. The staff is very eager to please and make your stay as comfortable as possible. There are easy sloping stairs that take you down to the beach bar and grill and then to the small beach that has two large piers with chairs for suning.
The snorkeling off the piers is second to none. You are protected by a large reef so the water is mostly calm so its perfect conditions. Moxon's is within a few minutes of Ocho Rios but far enough away so when you want to relax you can. There are more then a few things to do in the area....Dunns River Falls, Dophin Cove, Fern Gully, craft markets and fruit and produce markets are all fun and interesting. We have been to Jamaica 4 times now and this was without a dought the best trip ever.
If your lucky, you'll get to chat with Moxon's creater Miss Mac.
Very charming and engaging and what a beautiful place she has built. Go see it soon before you can't get in!

Mark and Linda"

• Travel date: Wed 4th of April 2007

Hotels near Moxons Beach Club

Stayed at Moxons Beach Club? Share your insight.

Moxons Beach Club is also called