Chrisanns Beach Resort

Jamaica

Home away from Home!

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"If you would like to experience home away from home while in Ocho Rios, Jamaica...the only place to go is Chrisanns Beach Resort! Chrisanns from the time that I arrived until I left was a very memorable and exciting time! The front desk staff is beyond exceptional! Audrey greets and welcomes you like you are long lost family! Whatever extra accomodationa that I requested were immediatly met. Dulcia Tulloch, the owner of Apt. 9 where we stayed, had a lovely welcome package for us, with small personal touches throughout the apartment for us. Everything that you need is already provided from towels to dishes. The apartment is very lovely, with all new furniture, television and DVD player. Dulcia is very friendly and professional and she goes over and beyond with accomodating you for your stay. Please check out the website at [--] The resort provides a relaxing and tranquil environment that includes a private pool, as well as, a private beach that is breathtaking. Chrisanns, Apt. 9 is the only place to stay for me in Ochi!! Check them out and tell Dulcia that I sent you, you will not regret it. Oh, and did I mention that the price is great as well! Satisfied and never staying any where else guest! Angelique Blair [email protected]"

• Travel date: 12th September 2006

Old and worn

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"I returned from Jamaica 21st August 2006. The first week of my holiday was spent at chrisanns as this resort was recommended to me. The house keepers and security staff were very friendly and helpful. The receptionist and Manager were both unhelpful. They messed up my booking placing me in a studio apartment instead of a 2 bedroomed apartment. The grounds were well kept and beautiful but....... the apartments were very shabby. EVERTHING in the apartment was old and worn out. The tiles in the bathroom needed re-grouting, the bath and hand basin were old and discoloured, the furniture in the bedroom was chipped and tatty, the fridge in the kitchen was covered in rust and kitchen units again old and tatty. The toaster did not work and all the kitchen utensils except the microwave were in need of replacement. After my first week I moved on to a hotel, I had initially booked Chrisanns for 2 weeks but I just couldn't bare it. I would not recommend this resort unless it was for a wedding as the grounds are breath taking."

• Travel date: 1st September 2006

Under the Radar

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"This vacation condo turned out to be a nice surprise. After booking the room blind, I was a bit concerned that there were no current reviews of the property. My travel companion, who is Jamaican, was skeptical as he had not heard of the place. Being up for adventure, we decided to see for ourselves. The staff was pleasant and respected your privacy. We were fortunate in that we were able to choose from two different rooms. We chose the room with a sleeping loft which was nice as we had visitors and were able to entertain just as we would at home. The property is about 3 miles out of town, so the area was relaxed and not busy. I was told it would cost about $1US per person to get into town. We made good use of the kitchen with food that we brought in. There was a supermarket and restaurants across the street. Everything in Jamaica is called a resort, so I expected something bigger with more flash. The pictures you see are true to the actual property. The room, bathroom and kitchenette were well kept and updated. There is a little private beach and a small pool in the courtyard. Just enough to cool you down when you get hot or sit out and relax. The grounds were well kept and we were given coconuts and breadfruit. I would definitely stay here again, especially if I had a rental car. Nice, intimate and not touristy."

• Travel date: 4th July 2006

Jammin in Jamaica

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"My family and I went to jamaica end of october for a two week hoilday. The resort was perfect. Our apartment had everything we needed and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We had room service everyday and they did a terrific job cleaning up after my family. The resort was very quiet as the time we decided to go was just before the holiday season commenced. My daughter enjoyed playing in the pool everyday and made some friends as well. The resort is a 5 minute drive from the center of Ochi Rios but we saw this as a bonus as we were not in the hustle and bustle of everthing. We were only a few minutes away from Reggae beach which we had all to ourselves as it was not a busy time of year. We would reccomend this resort and would stay here again."

• Travel date: 21st December 2005

Quiet, comfortable little gem

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"My wife and I just spent 9 days at this quiet, comfortable, well maintained complex, offering exceptional value. I would recommend having your own transportation if you stay there, as it is off the beaten track, although cab rides into Ocho Rios only cost a buck or two each way. The staff are exceptional, especially the young women, Racquel and Audrey, at the front desk. They are very pleasant, professional and obliging. There is a very nice pool there, and a nice little beach which needs some improvement (this is planned), as there are too many stones and too little sand. The view to the Caribbean sea is very pleasant and relaxing. If you choose to eat out, there are 3 restaurants right opposite the complex, with reasonably priced fare, and there are more up scale ones within a 5 to 10 minute drive. There are no activities there, as it is a small complex, but it is perfect for those who want to work on their tan, just "chill out", or catch up on their reading. It is also a romantic setting for those so inclined. Our suite was tastefully furnished, and had all necessary amenities, but it may be worthwhile to inquire about the condition of the suite you will be renting, as some are better than others. I look forward to returning soon to this wonderful little resort."

• Travel date: 2nd December 2004

A Great Place!

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"My family and I were really glad we found Chrisann's. It is a super value. We have stayed at other places in Jamaica that charge as much as twice what Chrisann's charges that, quite frankly, were dumps by comparison. This is a very well maintained, clean, quiet, and comfortable resort. Our room came with a fully equipped kitchen, which was very convenient. There is 24 hour security (that is actually real security) and the rooms have safes which you can rent for a small extra fee. The small private beach and cove is wonderful for kids and adults. I was amazed to get some great pictures of tropical fish while snorkling there. The pool is also very nice and is cleaned daily. There are two good restaurants close by. Glenn's, right across the street provides a variety of dishes including local fare, and Tuscanini's, within a two minute walk, offers superb Italian. Glenn's also delivers to your room. There is also a small store and a jerk stand that serves very good jerk chiken just across the street. The staff at Chrisann's are all extremely nice and helpful. E-mail me if you have any questions. Its a super place."

• Travel date: 10th August 2004

It's Pretty, But Stay Someplace Else

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"My husband and I decided to spend a few days on the other side of the island and ended up at Chrisann's because the prices are very reasonable. The property is very pretty and well maintained. The gardener is actually one of the nicest people on the property (he climbed the coconut trees for us every morning so that we could have coconut water with breakfast) and he does a wonderful job of maintaining the grounds. There is a very cute little beach at the end of the property with a gazebo that could use some maintenance. Each unit is owned by a different person and therefore each is decorated differently (I think they all have kitchens though, which is great and there is a grocery store across the street). The AC in our unit actually made me sick though. It was an old unit and I think there must have been stagnant or moldy water in it because whenever I was in the room with the AC on I couldn't breathe, but was fine within a couple minutes of leaving the room. Finally, we decided to just turn the AC off and deal with the heat so that I wouldn't be sick. I wouldn't say not to stay there, but I would say if you do, make sure to put EVERYTHING away. One night we walked into the room to see that the sliding glass door that led onto the patio (we were on the first floor) was opened. Though we locked it when we left. Meaning someone must have come in through the front door (someone with a key) taken things from our room and went out the glass door (maybe they heard someone coming and ran off). Money, cds, and batteries (I don't know if these things happened on separate occasions) and I also later found out that you can rent safety deposit boxes from the hotel. Overall, I don't think that I would stay there again."

• Travel date: 5th August 2004

Wonderful experience

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"My daughter and I stayed at Chrisann's per the recommendation of a family that has stayed there for many years. We had a fabulous time as first time visitors to Jamaica. The location was close enough that we could get to Ocho by cab if we wanted to, yet far enough away that we had lots of peaceful time on the private beach at Chrisann's. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The grounds were kept up very well. The security at this resort was very helpful. The entire staff was excellent and all treated us very well. We look forward to returning next year."

• Travel date: 31st May 2004

Quiet and Relaxing

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"Chrisanns is a wonderful place for those who want to take a nice relaxing vacation and just lay back. My fiance and I stayed at Chrisanns in Feb. 2004. We had a studio/1bdr apartment with a loft. We were very impressed with the staff and accomodations. Our apartment was very clean and well maintained. The grounds on the resort were beautiful and well manicured. The pool is in the center of the apartments in a courtyard setting. The apartments have either patios or balconies which face the pool and create a romantic setting at night. We were on the 2nd level so we had a balcony and it was nice to sit on the balcony in the evening and listen to the waves from the beach. The beach is very private and is in perfect view behind the pool. We didn't get to spend much time in the water because it rained or it was too cold to get in the water. All of the furniture was well kept and looked practically new. For those who don't mind cooking while on vacation, the kitchen in our studio apt. came fully equipped with a stove, microwave, pots, pans, utensils, etc. and a full size refigerator. Upstairs in the loft was a King sized bed and a TV with Cable. Also there was a TV downstairs in the living room area. Racquel and Audrey (Front Desk) were very pleasant and professional. They will do their best to accomodate you and make sure your stay at Chrisanns is a wonderful experience. There is a restaurant, jerk center and supermarket directly across the street from the property which makes it convenient if you prefer to eat out. Also, the prices were very reasonable. Housekeeping came once a day to clean the room, make up the bed and provide fresh towels. They were also very nice. We spent a lot of time in our room because we were so comfortable just being there and enjoying each other's company. We will be returning again at the end of May and will be staying in the same apartment. I must say I am looking forward to my next trip. I would definitely recommend Crisanns to couples & families who want to spend some quality time together. For couples, I found it to be very romanitic and private."

• Travel date: 19th April 2004

Peaceful seaside retreat

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"It's good to see Chrisann's added to the list of hotels here. I had a very pleasant stay there early this winter. The property is made up of 2 sections that surround a courtyard and pool. There is a pretty lawn and a small, somewhat stony beach in the rear which houses a picturesque gazebo. The apartment we had was a large 3 bedroom unit at the rear of the building. The bedrooms were huge, all with private baths and a/c...although it wasn't needed as there was a constant breeze. The apartm ent wasn't new, but was comfortable, well-equiped, clean and pleasant. Guests consisted of mostly Jamaican families from yard and abroad. The atmosphere was friendly yet quiet. We found Chrisann's a good value and very inviting. It is not a place for folks looking to be in the heart of downtown, but if that's not important and you've transportation, it's a good place to spend some time."

• Travel date: 22nd March 2004