Westender Inn

West End Rd, Negril 03277 Jamaica

Great staff; Great Times

"Surpassed expectations! We went for an Anniversary celebration. The rooms were clean and spacious, and all ocean side rooms had great views. The staff was courteous and helpful. There is a restuarant on site with a great breakfast, I would eat dinner at one of the places in town. Secluded from the hub of Negril, a short 3 mile drive. A fabulous spa right next door with very resonable prices."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of February 2009

The Greatest Chill-Out Place in the Caribbean

"I started going to the Westender in 2000, and I keep coming back for the perfect vacation. The staff is the friendliest, most attentive I've ever known.

The rooms are spacious and clean, the pool is great for young and old alike, and in the shape of Jamaica. I never have to worry about gaining too much weight when I go down there, because the chef always makes me the healthiest meals.

There are great walking/jogging paths from the hotel, so I try to get an early start before the sun gets too high. A trip to Mayfield Falls is always fun for a little river-walking exercise. A short drive to Negril and we're in the middle of the nightlife.

The grounds are gorgeous, the restaurant/bar is a pleasure to drink and dine at, and the sounds of the Caribbean Sea sooth me to sleep every night. There's a terrific spa next door to the hotel for massage and facials.

On my most recent trip there was a party with a Mento band and a wonderful Jamaican singer named Georgia Henry. We also saw some young ethnic dancers and drummers that knocked my socks off.

Westender has the REAL flavor of Jamaica, in every aspect. You can HAVE your all-inclusives.....I'll have the real Jamaica at the Westender Inn.

I always come back from the Westender feeling 10 years younger and a hundred times more relaxed than when I arrived there."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of February 2009

Warmth from the sun and service

"We have been traveling to the West End for over 20 years and were first introduced to this site as Hog Heaven. When the location we had formally stayed at was sold ,we knew we wanted the same atmosphere and The Wesender Inn provided what we were looking for. Our travels to Jamaica involve relaxtion and reflection. Our interests include snorkeling, bird watching, plant identification, reading, writing, and music. Every aspect of the inn accomodates our needs.

The ocean side rooms are secluded and offer both spectacular sun rises and sun sets. The cactus garden outside room number 10 includes a phenomenal starfish cactus and attracts banana quits and bee humingbirds. The ocean pool rests below these rooms. The restaurant and pool are set in a yard with two condos and provide excellent service and food. The pool in the shape of the map of Jamaica, is perfect for early morning sun. The plantings around the yard are gorgeous and well maintained.

We couldn't be more pleased with the staff. We have gotten to know the housekeepers, gardener, bartender, chef, and office staff over the last 4 years; and they are always courteous, friendly, and helpful.

For those interested in yoga, Jackie's on the Reef is right next door. For those a little more adventurous a trip up the road to Orange Hill brings you to Jamaica Jurrasic Park a metallic and natural garden featuring African masks, whimsical metal scupltures, and large dinosaur recreations. The island's western most point "The Light House" is a short drive or a long bike ride back toward Negril.

A special highlight this year was the inn's 25th Anniversary party which featured a traditonal group singing by the ocean side Tiki bar. This was followed by a Jamaician buffet and performances by Georgia Henry, African drummers, and fire dancers. Frankie Paul even gave a surprise performance.

We have stayed at the Inn for stays of 10-30 days for the past 6 years and plan to return. Whether we were there in July, August, December, January, or March our satisfaction was always insured."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of January 2009

Loved the Westender Inn

"My wife and I have been to Negril many times over the years and we always stayed on the beach. Over the years, we noticed the beach becoming more commercialized. My wife and I wanted a more romantic and private location.

After asking around, I was told about the Westender Inn. We called and booked reservation last month. The trip to Westender Inn was a blast into the past as we drove past the Negril Lighthouse, we saw goats, cows, donkeys, chickens and many locals along the way. Upon entering the Westender Inn location, the road opened to a beautiful oasis like hotel. The hotel was well kept and the staff was excellent. We both enjoyed our stay at the Westender Inn and would definitely recommend it for a romantic get away.

- jamrock29"

• Travel date: Sun 28th of December 2008

Wedding at the Westender Inn

"We were married at the Westender Inn on May 24, 2008. Thanks to the staff, this was the most beautiful and memorable day of my life. When we arrived, Colin (General Manger) greeted us by saying "Welcome to paradise" and he couldn't have been more accurate.

Although the Westender Inn is farther from the center of Negril than most hotels, the peace and tranquility are worth the extra ten minutes drive. The inn consists of 12 rooms on the oceanfront (the rooms varied in size and accommodations, but all were similar) and 4 condominiums (or villas, that included a full kitchen) located across the street, but not far from the ocean. Our group filled all but one of the condos and each guest was delighted with their room. The grounds were beautiful and every room was clean and pleasant, plus well-equipped with a flat screen television, satellite connection, wi-fi, and air conditioning. Not that any of us spent much time in our rooms with the ocean only a few steps away and the clean, refreshing pool awaiting us.

The restaurant on site (Westies) was so yummy and reasonably priced. I tried various items off of the menu and was more pleased with the food with each meal. The restaurant was open on an as needed basis which worked very well for my large group. The early risers had coffee and breakfast when they were ready and the night owls could get up later and enjoy the same. I tried various restaurants during my stay in Negril and the quality, tastiness, and affordability of Westies went unmatched.

The wedding was well-organized and beautiful. I had some problems when I tried to hire a wedding planner, and after deciding to continue the arrangements without her, I enlisted Colin's help. His assistance was irreplaceable. He found and booked the band (Phase 2) who were perfect for the occasion. He was always willing to answer my emails or phone calls and talked through each situation or scenario that I gave to him.

The ceremony was set on the cliffs with the sunset behind us. I could not have asked for a more beautiful backdrop. Our pictures are amazing. The staff was prepared and the reception went smoothly. The food was delicious and plentiful. I loved every second of the night. Every guest was impressed with the ceremony, reception, and most of all, the Westender Inn.

Our wedding was incredible, and I cannot say enough good things about the staff at the Westender. They were always respectful and courteous. The longer we stayed, the more we did not want to leave. They became honorary members of our family and I look forward to getting the chance to visit them again. I especially want to recognize (please excuse any misspellings) Colin, Lisa, Kimar, and Ritchie for the attention and warmth they gave me and all of our guests. This event would not have been the same without their involvement and I am so happy that they were a part of our wedding day."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of July 2008

My night at the Westender

Good

"I must say that at first I thought the Westender was way to far for me, my sign other booked the Honeymoon room for Valentines Day as we were already on island. so off we went. Not so very far after all. Ja taxi drivers go fasssst Mon !

It was beautiful, beautiful, so quiet and peaceful. We were greeted by the owner , then the manager, the staff also introduced themselves and let us know if we needed help or questions asked they were there for us but they did not intrude on our privacy. I was also in a cast and wheelchair , they were all so helpful .

The room was just great !! very tastefuly done. Flat screens in all the rooms. ac, wi fi if you want to keep in touch. I also had one of the best meals of the whole 45 day trip! garlic lobster, salad, red bean soup. and some perfectly done vegetables. Delivered right to our room. same for breakfast . A pot of coffee sitting outside watching the ocean . A lovely way to pass the morning. We will be back for sure. I'll be walking next time we can explore the area more. The pool was nice too, although we didn't use it."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of February 2008

Westender Inn: Peaceful Getaway

"I've stayed at the Westender Inn twice and I plan on returning as soon as I can. The Westender is the most secluded, peaceful getaway I've ever experienced. It's right on the water which adds to the beauty of the countryside. It's a short car ride to Negril's beautiful beach. However, I found that I didn't care to leave the Westender too often because it's THAT relaxing!

In addition, the rooms are oceanfront and you can lie in bed and listen to the waves crashing against the rocks. I can't stress enough just how CLOSE the rooms are to the ocean. It's simply amazing. Further, you can take a few steps outside of your room and watch the beautiful Jamaican sunset. What a wonderful sight...

The wonderful staff at the Westender add to the experience as well. The server, bartender, cook, manager, etc. make you feel like family. They are the perfect example of the compassion within Jamaicans. They spread their compassion with their guests in a way I've never experienced in the U.S. Once returning to the U.S., you will be reminded over and over again just how friendly the Westender staff truly is (due to the lack of compassion found in the U.S.).

I hope you will stay at the Westender and experience the beauty, compassion and peace as I did."

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of February 2008

Westender, Peace and quiet...No Hassles

Good

"I have stayed at the Westender a few times now. It is the most peaceful place in Negril ! The grounds are so colorful with flowers and fruit trees. It is located away from the hustle and bustle ....but only a 10 min ride to the cliffs ...Ltu's etc.
If you love Negril...but not the hassles, etc....try the Westender..."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of February 2007

My little paradise................

"Having stumbled across The Westender Inn on a trip around the world in 2004, it instantly became a place where I knew I would return. And as expected I found myself back there 6 months later! Admittedly it’s a little further out from the centre of Negril than some of the other resorts, but being 10 minutes away from the centre of town is a small price to pay for paradise! The Westender in my eyes is 1st Class accommodation for the conscious individual. Unlike its rivals, you can spend time in luxury, but still learn about what the true Jamaica has to offer. The place itself is very picturesque and comprises of 12 beach side apartments set in beautiful and meticulously kept gardens, coupled with 4 condominiums set a few yards back from the shoreline. All of which offer fantastic sea views. Thanks to Hurricane Ivan there is now a small sandy beach carved out of the coral reef that enables easy access into the sea. For those that don’t ‘dig’ the sea, I can safely say that their swimming pool must be the coolest in Jamaica!! After all, it was the only I one actually saw shaped like the island!! The activities on offer are endless making the place attractive to families with young children. The restaurant works moreorless on an adhoc basis, you want food? You’ve got it!!! Whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner, inside the restaurant, outside on the open veranda or even in your room watching the waves roll in, the traditional Jamaican cuisine served is amongst the best I’ve ever tasted. I could talk forever about this place, but the one thing that makes it what it is more than anything, is the staff. They are the best. Guaranteed you will leave feeling more like a member of the family than that of another customer, for it is truly the staff that make the place what is. Whether you're young, old, single or with family, if you like beautiful surroundings and equally beautiful people in a calm relaxing atmosphere then this place can’t be missed. The only thing I dislike about the Westender Inn is having to leave the place……………"

• Travel date: Mon 30th of January 2006

If you are into quiet and solitude with simple and pleasant surroundings

Good

"Spent a week at the Westender and soon realized how fortunate we were to be staying off the strip!!! The ambience and staff are delightful and the accomodations clean, neat and ample with the great addition of an outside beach shower. After a longish drive from the other resorts and lodging we continued a bit more and soon came upon the Westender with its 12 rooms, a fresh water pool, restaurant and small beach. We were lulled to sleep by the surf and found front row seats to the best sunsets ever!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 13th of January 2006

Hotels near Westender Inn

Stayed at Westender Inn? Share your insight.