Good

Loved Traveller's Beach Resort

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"If you want a true Jamaican experience that gives you a warm, family welcome, this is the resort for you. Everyone was friendly and accomodating in their efforts to make this a truly amazing experience! The food was delicious at Travellers, but if you wanted more variety, there were several eateries close by. Centrally located, everything is within walking distance for the adventurer. Tours of the local sites are arranged so that your day can be spent chock full of activity or sunning on the beach. Me, I loved the crystal waters, beautiful sunsets, and the warm smiles from everyone at Travellers; definitely the place to stay in Jamaica!"

• Travel date: Sun 16th of December 2007

Excellent, Management, Staff, Environment, Locatioin, Entertainment, Sun Sea

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"10 of us two sisters and children arrived at the Travellers Beach Resort. From the outset the staff were friendly and very helpful, porters took all our bags to the rooms, the rooms were well furnished, with Satalite TV and air conditioning.

I felt instantly at home. Expecially after the 8 and half hour travel from the UK, then the hour taxi ride to Travellers Beach Resort.

I felt at totally at ease.

The next morning held another surprise. Travellers Beach Resort had its own restaurant. So the holiday began with full JA Breakfast. What a Treat. Need I say more.

The Restaurant serves meals all day, and the management are always on hand should you need them for anything unexpected.

The Hotel has its own swimming pool and jucuzzi, so we were either in the sea or the pool.

Take it from me the Travellers Beach Resort will provide you with a holiday to remember for many years into the future.

Thank you Management and Staff for making our holiday one to remember.

Audrey Lewis, Annabel, Akanke, Zahra, Debbie, Cleo, Maria, Moneque, Yazmin and Nile."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of October 2007

Budget Convenience

Good
Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"I stayed at this hotel for 6 days in February. Upon the recommendation of a friend, I booked this hotel. It was cold and snowing in the northeast and I yearned for warmer temperatures but I had to remain on a budget. This hotel was impressive especially for the price about $95 USD per night for a superior room. It is located steps from the beach. The decor is warm and open that allows for the free movement of tropical breezes throughout the hotel. The staff was friendly and respectful. I had the opportunity to meet the owner who demands the best from his employees. The hotel rooms are clean and welcoming. There is a spa that provides facials, manicures, pedicures, massages (try the foot detox $20 USD). The pool was small but it was cleaned every day. I ate from the breakfast buffet ($6-10 USD) every morning with a choice of traditional or local cuisine (try the salt fish and acee). All tours and taxi service can be booked from the hotel (take the YS Falls/Rum Factory/ Black River tour (all day for $70 USD with food included). The hotel is currently under some renovation. The installation of a new staircase and fitness center were in progress. I would strong recommend this hotel if you want somewhere clean, safe and welcoming. I had a great time and hope you do also."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of May 2007

On a Tight Budget? This is the place!

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"I discovered Travellers Beach Resort web surfing. Looking for a low budget Christmas vacation in Jamaica, I found Travellers Beach Resort's rates very much to my liking - US 60 dollars per night. I stayed for 7 days and enjoyed each one. Travellers Beach Resort I deem a 2 star accomodation, but the service is 4 star. The resort has villa style rooms with 2 person per room occupancy limit. That means one rate for 2 people. Additional persons are US 25 dollars extra per person. Rooms do have an air conditioner. I had no phone in my room. A small television with remote, kitchenette, small shower is included. And you use a metal key - yes a metal key! No annoying key cards that may lose their charge! The hotel staff - front desk, housekeepers, bar staff and cooks, maintenance, and management are all warm and personable. Travellers Beach Resort has a decent bar and restuarant. During the week days and Saturday, breakfast, lunch and supper are a la carte menu of the day. Sundays, they may offer a buffet style brunch. If you staying during a local holiday or Easter, Christmas, etc. the cooks will serve a brunch buffet during that holiday. The beach area is well maintained. One major advantage staying at this accomodation is the 5 minute walk the Negril City Center. Unless your're planning to buy loads of souveniers or its too sunny and hot, you really don't need a Taxi. The resort does not have a gym, but a neighborhood gym is just a minute walk north on Norman Manley Blvd. The gym's equipment not state of the art, but decent. I'll be more than happy to enlighten anyone who needs further information on Travellers Beach Resort and the city of Negril. Have a fun trip!"

• Travel date: Thu 1st of March 2007

Stay...No, Run Away!!!!!

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"Dilapidated dump—STAY AWAY! Beat up rooms, disgusting bathrooms, old nasty beds, scary pillows, gross-gross-gross towels and washcloths (bring you own if you are crazy enough to still book reservations at Traveller’s), non-working televisions, no phones in the room, horrible food, lousy security, dirty old men roaming the grounds harassing women, stray cats ( and other unidentifiable furry four legged creatures), horrible location on the beach, false advertisement—you name it. Traveller’s Beach Resort—what a joke!"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of February 2007

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!! Below Motel Standards!

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"I stayed here in a room with 2 double beds for 8 days over the 2006 Christmas holiday.

First the positives: Beautiful grounds (very picturesque), decent restaurant in terms of food, wonderful location on beach (it's right on the beach even if the rooms aren't), nice lobby (if a bit creepy), nice breakfast buffet; decent bathroom with great water pressure (at least mine was - I saw another one that was just completely unacceptable)

Now for the negatives: No phones in rooms (therefore, no room service; even though they advertise room service); very noisy - you can hear ALLof the hallway traffic and conversation (so if you are a light sleeper (which I'm not), then you will be miserable here); terrible restaurant service (you have to constantly ask for things like water over and over again); they ration the breakfast buffet, bed bugs (MANY of THEM!!); horrible mattresses (comfortable, but raggedy, raggedy, raggedy - I wouldn't let my cats sleep on them- they should have been thrown in the trash); the hotel offers NOTHING in the way of entertainment (as they advertise); the pool bar was empty 95% of the time and there was never a bartender there; TV would not work (when TV was working, staff stole the TV remote batteries to use in other people's rooms); the cheapest and most worn-out and ridiculously used linen and spreads you can imagine - I'm sure homeless shelters have better quality bedding (trust me- I'm not kidding!); the hotel scams you with arranging for your taxi rides (I think they get a cut for each taxi they ride they arrange; you can get your own for way cheaper- just look for the red license plates - they're all around!); I could go on but you get the point. I felt so disgusted and disgusting being there, but I could not switch hotels because everything was booked. I was so willing to take the huge financial hit in order to salvage my vacation. If anyone writes a positive review I KNOW they are lying. I consulted TripAdvisor before booking my trip and feel very deceived by the false reviews for this hotel. They have a guest book in their lobby that is filled with raving reviews that HAD to be fabricated. Unless you are from a third world country, you would HAVE to expect better than what this so-called hotel had to offer.

Negril was great, but Travellers Beach Resort was a nightmare. My friends stayed in the bungalows at Travellers Beach Resort and my room looked like a palace compared to theirs.

In case you are wondering, I'm no prima dona, but I definitely have minimum expectations for any place where I am to lay my head. And all I can say is that this was SO far beneath anything I could conceive of."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of February 2007

FUN IN THE SUN

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"My friends and I stayed at Travellers Beach Resort last spring break and we had a BLAST!!! The workers are very friendly and the accomadations were more than comfortable. The pool with the swim up bar is AWESOME!!! We definitely spent a lot of time swimming and drinking. The beach is beautiful and the sunsets were AMAZING!!! OOO and the food was DELICIOUS!!! We had so much fun on the resort hanging out and relaxing just enjoying our vacation. But don't think that all we did was spend our time at the resort, even though it was amazing. We went to tons of clubs and other bars all within walking distance from Travellers Beach Resort."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of January 2007

THIS IS NOT A RESORT, ONLY A [---] MOTEL OR SOMETHING.

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"This is not a resort. RIU is a resort. On the first day, there was no water to have a shower after all that travelling. Secondly, the TV was showing snowy, almost all the channels. The A/C unit will start humming after being on for a few minutes. That made having a restful night really hard.

This place is also horrendously overpriced for the dump that it is...charging the price of a real resort when their accommodations were so poor. I will never again stay at this motel. As stated earlier, this is not a resort in my opinion, just a regular old hotel/motel, but having the audacity to say to resort. Change it to Travellers Motel/Hotel instead....that way you know what you are getting then.

This is just a hotel. I was really really disappointed when I got there. RIU is a RESORT. People, pay the extra money in the first place...don't do that I did. Lesson learned!

Oh, if you do stay there, please check out the little turtles in their manmade pond/aquarium....it's to die for...you might need one just like that at home too. Hope you won't find yourself in an emergency situation, there is no phone in the room to call for help if needed.

IG/ FLORIDA"

• Travel date: Tue 19th of December 2006

Awesome!

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"I was staying at another hotel nearby when i needed 3 more days of stay, i was recommended by such hospitality of a tour guide to try travelers and decided that this was the best choice I could have decided to choose. Such hospitality and i will be returning in the near future, to register as a guest along with 12 others for vacation. We will always use travellers.

Thanks again, St. Petersburg, Florida"

• Travel date: Sat 29th of July 2006

Great Place for Free Spirit Traveller

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"This was my second year in Negril with my Jamerican friends whom have logged in 18 years of trips to this wonderful beach community. Upon walking into the lobby with beautiful marble, indoor pond w/fish, and open comfortable layout we all fell instantly in love. Since this trip we have never swayed in where to stay. Unlike most vacationers, we like to expierence the culture and life of our surroundings. We were not boxed in by an outside guarded wall, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Walking the beach for a quick bite to eat before heading back to the sun, or in search for the hot spot for that night is a great vacation indeed. Our bungalow w/kitchen was great for nights we wanted to have our own lunch or dinner on the porch with our friends. Since it was my Birthday, the staff even helped my Jamerican friends find new spots to go, and got a wonderful Rum cake to surprise me. I mention that the staff is insightful to any request you may have, because I am lucky enough to have friends who travel to Jamaica and are known in the area by the locals. (There are some perks that none of the hotels can offer) But if you ask at Travellers...you will most likely receive. This was my finacee's first trip to the island, and I had to drag him there kicking and screaming...now he can't stop talking about his first adventure there. We love you Travellers and look forward to booking our wedding in the near future with you."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of June 2006