Seastar Inn

4 Seastar Road West End, Negril Jamaica

Good

Our new home away from home...

"We had read so many great things about Seastar Inn, we just had to check it out. Mind you we had never stayed on the westend before, so we had no idea what to expect.

Well, our first inpression as you turn down Seastar lane toward the resort is - where are we going? But trust me, the short drive down the dusty lane is well worth it! This resort is a true gem, surrounded by a true Jamaican neighborhood. The owners take pride in not only the appearance of their property, but in making their guests feel very welcome. And they certainly achieve that goal and more.

Chris and Francine are wonderful hosts, and Wilton, Winsome, and Clara are possibly the best bartenders in Negril! We felt like we have known them for years not just days. I cannot say enough about how welcome they made us feel.

The pool and swim-up bar shown on their website is even better in real-life than in the pictures shown on their website! And their food is great, too! Baker the the chef is top-notch - be sure and try the cocobread pizza. You may want play some pool while listening to some great music from Chris's collection of CD's.

And oh yeah, the rooms are nice, and spacious with a/c that works well! Each has it's own verandah, so you can get up early and watch the day wake up, as you sip some great Jamaican coffee that you can brew in your own little kitchenette provided in your room. And if that isn't enough, try taking a nap in the wonderful hammock on your verandah, each is made by Francine herself!

You will not be disappointed by a stay at Seastar Inn!"

• Travel date: Sun 8th of May 2005

The best kept secret in Negril....well, not anymore....

Good

"I seriously debated whether or not to post a review on the Seastar...only because I'm afraid that all the good publicity is going to make it impossible to book a room for our next stay!! This place was wonderful...can't think of anything negative about it. The room is spacious and the beds are comfy. The food is good...although we only experienced the complimentary breakfast and a couple lunches by the pool. I'm told the dinner menu is wonderful. The landscaping is beautiful thanks to the hard work of Francine. Both Chris and Francine are wonderful hosts and make you feel like you are family. The pool is kept clean and is very inviting....oh, I just thought of one complaint.....not enough loungers on the pool deck....they were in short supply. I can't really think of anything else to add that hasn't already been covered in previous posts. If you're looking for something private and peaceful then this is the place for you. I hope I don't regret posting this....just make sure you save me a room for our next trip!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 21st of March 2005

Better than ever!

"I'm just updating the earlier review of this property which we have now stayed at 3 years in a Row.
Seastar Inn has added several additional suites including an apartment unit that is rented long-term.
The owners still reside on the property and pay great attention to detail and still treat all guests as family, taking an interest in their satisfaction.
Several additional staff members have been added and service is outstanding.
The property is beautiful and well kept.
The value for money still blows us away.
A huge studio apartment type room with 40 channnel cable tv; powerful air conditioners, comfortable beds, full 4 piece bath with plenty of hot water, dining table and chairs, refrigerator in mini kitchen, free in room safe, balcony with handmade hammock, great security, lovingly cared-for grounds, big freshwater pool with swim up bar, on site elevated restaurant, pool deck has two gazebos and exercise equipment for those so inclined.
There is a huge 11 person jacuzzi with waterfall.
A free cooked breakfast is provided. You can have eggs, an omlette, toast, pancakes, french toast, cereal, bottomless coffee, fresh fruit plate and juice.
Meat and Home fries are a small up charge.
Restaurant food is great and the same chef is better than ever.
You can check the restaurant menu and prices on the Seastar Inn Web site.
There are some updated photos there as well.
Seastar Inn is located a few hundred yards back from the Cliff in Negril.
It's in a real middle class neighborhood and you can soak up some real Jamaican culture by staying at this small gem of a resort.
I have yet to read a serious complaint or bad word about Seastar Inn.
Really.
My earlier review is the one that talks about the rasta goatherder travelling down Seastar Lane to tether his small flock.
He still does this and there are other colourful characters in this safe neighborhood.
The whole property is gated with a 10 foot high fence.
Security is excellent.
Oh, and if you're so included, Chris and Francine (the owners) have added a brand new fleet of motor scooters for rent.
They're Negril's newest scooter fleet and there are 6 of them.
I think the prices are on the web site.
Just think, no more bald tires and bad brakes.
Chris tells me he will deliver a scooter to any hotel in negril and pick up when you're done, even if you don't stay at Seastar.
But you should stay at Seastar; especially if you're not a first timer to Negril.
First timers tend to stay on the 7 mile beach or an expensive all-inclusive.
Those "in the know" are choosing smaller properties like Seastar Inn.
You should too."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of March 2005

fantastic place

"we stayed there from feb 27-march 6, and next time, it will be for 10 days or 2 weeks...anything you needed the hosts chris and francine were there for you...great food, great bartenders/waitresses...great pool....

it was so nice to be away from the hassle of the beach, and still enjoy the sun and water...

wonderful place...."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of March 2005

We'll Be Back!!

"We stayed at Seastar Feb.5 through 9 '05. Our only regret is that it wasn't longer. Everything you've read about this place is true. Friendly hosts, beautiful large rooms, large verandah with hammock & the grounds are lush & beautiful. The rooms were kept clean & Winsome the bartender always had a smile & the drinks & food were the best. We can't wait to go back & next time stay longer. We loved walking through the neighborhood & always felt safe. The only problem is you have to walk a couple of blocks to the water but we figured with amount of good food & drinks you will consume the walk will do you good :-) We do like the beach so we split our time between both which was a good idea, only that next time we need another day or 2 at each. Maybe even more at Seastar than the beach . It is so quiet & peaceful there.
Chris & Francine thanks for a wonderful time & you'll hear from us again!"

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of March 2005

Most excellent place to stay in Negril!

"What else can be said about the Seastar Inn?
It's the most excellent place to stay in Negril, or in all of Jamaica for that matter...NO other place can make you feel like your home away from home like the Seastar Inn...Their personalized service to all guests is bar none...The restaurant has the best meals around, and the whole place is amazingly clean and modern...They even have air conditioning and cable television in all the rooms!!...They also offer scooter rentals right on site, so you don't have to mess around trying to find the best deals...The owners of the Seastar Inn, Chris and Francine, are a husband / wife team that are at your service to make sure that you have the best time possible during your stay...Check it out...seriously...you'll be VERY happy you did!!!...and then you'll come BACK to the Seastar Inn every year!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 19th of January 2005

This place is great~

"Although the last time we were in Negril Decamber,2004 we didn't stay at the Sea Star, but we frequented the palce 3 days/evenings. Francine showed us a room, and it was lovely. The bar is great, the Red stripes COLD, and they have a jucuzzi witha small falls, not to mention the swim up bar. We were made to feel right at home immediately, and every meal was better then chocolate (if you get my drift)... I mean it was delicious! The one thing you should know, is this place is not on the water, it is about a block or 2 away. If you want wonderful company, great food and beverage, billiards, a great book exhange, and PRIVACY, this is the bomb. If you require the sea at your footstep, move along. Chris and Francine have a wonderful gift of being great hosts and providing excellent customer service, so give it a shot!!!
Jabailey"

• Travel date: Tue 18th of January 2005

heaven on earth

"I was in jamaica this past december for a 1 month stay at the seastarr inn,I must admit that this is defenitly a slice of heaven on earth in the westend of negril.It was my pleasure to meet chris and francine the owners opperators of this resort.(being my first visit to the seastarr inn)The grounds are kept in great shape by francine every morning she would be out and about takin care of the gardens thats her passion,,and chris is the most easy going person anyone could meet,,very helpful with trips and advice for things to do arround the island.The food there was the best baker the chef is one of a kind and all you have to do is ask him to cook something up and hes right onto it.the bartenders wilton and wilsome are the best too always mixing and serving drinks with a smile,the pool was fantastic a great place to soak up the sun and relax plus it has a swimm up bar what else could anyone ask for right!!Well thers more,,there is a pool table there and a dart board too,,,unlike most other resorts chris lets you play your own cds on his sound system which is great you can listen to your favourite tunes while you sit at the bar or play pool,chris also has a great selection of cds to choose from also plenty of music to choose from..The rooms are kept in immaculant shape daily maid service is provided the beds are very comfortable and the rooms are larger that most other rooms i seen this vacation. Ilike the seastarr inn because it is in a jamaican neighbourhood with many friendly locals that you can chat to along the road.Mrs b is available to do your laundry there to another great feature the seastarr inn has.Theres one thing for sure about this resort its one big happy familyand when you stay there your part of that family and they make you feel that way no hassle no fussin just pure relaxation and enjoyment,,you can bet im gonna go back to the seastarr inn for another month next december 2005 for i have found my slice of heaven on earth ,,one more thing i should add cell phones are free they come with the room all you have to do is by the time i found this feature to be very convient for my stay and you will too..Big ups to chris and francine atthe seastarr inn i shall return to your resort in the westend of negril!!"

• Travel date: Thu 13th of January 2005

One of the best places to stay in Jamaica!

"Seastar Inn is one of the most amazing places! I would highly recommend it. I go to Negril often and would never stay any place else. The staff and ammenities of this beautiful hotel are wonderful. I always feel very safe and well taken care of at Seastar. I wouldn't go anywhere else!"

• Travel date: Mon 5th of April 2004

Hotels near Seastar Inn

Stayed at Seastar Inn? Share your insight.