About Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa

• shuttle bus service
  • sauna
  • free airport transportation
  • free shuttle or taxi services
  • paid internet
  • swimup bar
  • butler service
  • adult pool

Drugs and more Drugs

Reviewed Fri 13th of January 2017

"We spent 7 nights in Negril Sandals and I will tell you I needed a vacation after dealing with dodging the drug dealers every second. Don't even think about walking the seven-mile beach, you will be bombarded with people trying to sell you every drug on earth and when you tell them no, they are rude. We have stayed at other sandals resorts and this one by far is the worst of them all. I can't believe all the reviews and no one talks about the drugs. If you are into that kind of stuff, then great but if you are just trying to have a nice relaxing time without any pressure don't go there. There are so many other pretty places to visit that do not thrive on drugs. "

• Travel date: Mon 19th of December 2016

THEY LOST MY DRESS!!!!

Reviewed Thu 20th of November 2008

"We got married in Jamaica at the Sandals Negril on August 13, 2008.

For those who read the short reviews, the gist of mine is THEY LOST MY WEDDING DRESS!!!!!!

The following are all the things that went wrong on a vacation that we paid for and had family stay at Beaches Negril for our wedding. Including family, flights, hotel, spa and extras, we spent about $30,000. Now, the company has offered to pay a new vacation credit of about $12,000. We have booked the trip but believe that it does not compensate for the sadness I feel every time I look at my wedding pictures.

The following are all the things that went wrong and believe should be considered when regarding the whole situation.

1) Before leaving, the ladies at Sandals wedding department in Miami, waited until the last day before the deadline to let me know there were documents missing. They said that our answering machine was in french (Our answering machine says our names), therefore they did not want to leave a message. But when we re-booked the trip that Sandals offered us as a credit, there was a french woman who returned our call. NO EXCUSES WHEN YOU HAVE THE STAFF. Thank God I called to make sure everything was ok, or we would have been penalized for their incompetence.

2) We booked before leaving, (which is recommended) a supper on the beach, and paid for 8 X 10 photos for the wedding. The supper was booked for our last night (August 15, 2008). The last day of our stay, I mentioned the supper to the butler and they had no reservations made. THEY FORGOT! Clyde (one of our butlers) rebooked it for us. As for the pictures, they cancelled the prepaid pictures and gave us 5 X 7s instead. We had to complain and they gave us our pictures, but the point is, Sandals advertises "no hassles" and all there was were hassles and stress, even after pre-paying items ahead of time.

3) At the meeting with my wedding coordinator I had pre ordered flowers for my hair. The salon never got them. My butler went out and found some replacement flowers, after I panicked that the flowers were never received. She got me flowers but they were not the flowers I had ordered, and they did not match my bouquet.

4) They played music at our wedding after we specifically asked for no music.

5) EVERYONE ACCEPTED TIPS. We even found that if we did not tip the service was extremely slow and uncourteous. The only ones who did NOT accept our tip was strangely enough, our cleaning lady and our butlers.

6) Some days there was lunch offered with service at certain restaurants. They would announce the restaurant on the daily pamphlet but would always open late. We found this to be totally unprofessional and a far cry from five star dining.

7) When we found out our niece was to join us for our wedding supper we asked to change the place over to the Beaches so she may join (she's 12). We were coldly told, (the day before the wedding) "No we can't do that! You'll have to cancel everything and re-book everything over at the Beaches". There was no help or recommendations offered, after paying extra for the lobster dinner on the beach with four bottles of wine. (It's not like we took the free meal). Finally at this point we were truly fed up, we had complained to the concierge, whom was condescending, but managed to accommodate us after complaining. But by then she knew my dress was missing and this is the only reason why we believe she helped us in the first place.

8) The transfers between the Sandals and the Beaches was difficult. The stores would not use the cards attached to our bracelets at the Beaches Resort. It was too complicated for them. We had to bring cash to pay for sunscreen or any other thing from the gift shop. (We went to visit our family who stayed there for 1 week.) The add says it is seamless to benefit from all the Sandals and Beaches in Jamaica. We found that to be false.

9) I had sent out my dress to get pressed on the Thursday before the wedding and they told me the day before our wedding (Tuesday) that my dress had "disappeared". I had to travel two hours away, to Montego Bay in thrift wedding shops to replace my wedding dress. I finally settled on a $70.00 dress which I could not wear my wedding lingerie under. Therefore, a $5,500.00 wedding dress, $1,000.00 worth of lingerie along with my $500.00 wedding shoes that were never worn or seen by my husband. Along with that I lost an afternoon with my family, because I needed to shop for a dress at last minute.

10) We did get married on August 13, 2008. We had sent all the legal documents to the office in Miami. We did receive the licence. BUT THEY MANAGED TO SCREW THAT UP TOO. They put my age as 31 years when it should indicate 32 years old.

11) To top it all off, they gave us the wrong size " just married" shirts the day after the wedding. We complained and they said they would send us the proper sizes to our home by mail. We received them last week and THEY ARE STILL NOT THE RIGHT SIZES!!

We are appalled by the incompetence we encountered. There was a credit given which we took in fear that there would be no other settlement offered. The credit was given and our booking is done but we believe it is not enough. After RUINING our wedding day and our 2 week stay after paying so much and receiving so little we were given a credit for our hotel stay of $12,000. No flight or the price of my dress.

We booked with Sandals, a trusted company with high standards and specialists in destination weddings. We only wanted a beautiful day, that we would remember for the rest of our lives. Please understand, this did not happen. Instead we will remember hassles, headaches and heartbreak.

REST ASSURED I WILL POST THIS EVERYWHERE.
AT THE PRICE WE PAYED WE FOUND WE COULD HAVE GOTTEN MARRIED AT THE RITZ IN MONTEGO BAY. HAD WE KNOWN...
DO NOT GET MARRIED WITH SANDALS. THEY RUINED MY WEDDING, THEY WILL RUIN YOURS!!!!!!

WE WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL OR ANY SANDALS FOR THAT MATTER!!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 20th of November 2008

Wow This was the most amazing holiday....

Reviewed Tue 1st of July 2008

"Wow This was the most amazing holiday. The hotel was fantastic. The location is excellent, the room was lovely, especially the seaview and fantastic sunsets from our balcony. The A la Carte resturants were beautiful, the food in this hotel all round was fantastic.

I can highly recommend this hotel, our experience was top class.

• Travel date: Tue 1st of July 2008

My partner & I would like to write about...

Reviewed Tue 13th of February 2007

"My partner & I would like to write about our holiday, we paid £6000.

Last September, we got to Montego airport at 2am. No rep, hassled by Sandals mini bus driver to pay to take us to hotel.

Hotel staff useless, gave us room after a long wait. Couldn’t unpack in room because insects everywhere. Couldn’t see "sea view" because overgrown plants outside patio door that we paid a extra £1000 for.

Air con not working, refurbishing work going on in our block from 7am till 11pm everyday.

Went to reception next morning about 3 times, he didn’t understand us, didn’t get us another room went back at 4 in afternoon waited to see manager. He didn’t turn up, went back to our room to see our bags have gone had to ask maid where they were.

New room air con didn’t work, very hot. No see view, restaurant right in front of us.

Service in hotel inconsistent, no air con anywhere, flies on all food.

Wrote to Thomas Cook about these complaints also put in complaints form at hotel.

Thomas Cook took 5 months sort this out, it was a lot of stress for us because we had to keep phoning them. We had to wait for letters to arrive from the hotel.

Sandals wrote to us saying they are sorry about this and they know of the situation and they offered us two nights free at any Sandals. But we would have to pay for the rest of the holiday.

At the end of Jan 2007 Thomas Cook wrote to us saying they wouldn’t give us anything.

We have lost a lot of our hard earned money on this nightmare holiday, it was supposed to have been a dream holiday for me and my girlfriend.

We had saved up for years for this holiday and I was going to propose to my girlfriend but we were so upset, it wasn’t the right time."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of February 2007

Don't use Twinsburg Travel

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"We stayed at the Sandals Resort in April. The staff was GREAT and we had a great time. All inclusive was the way to go - but no matter what you order, the drinks taste the same. They are all watered down and don't expect anything except RUM - and bad rum at that. We used Twinsburg Travel in PA. I was VERY dissapponted with them. They came highly reccomended because they are the top travel agency for Sandals.
Their website says how all these customers get room upgrades - ha! We paid extra for an upgrade that we never got. The room was standard in my book, but they called it luxury. When I called Twinsburg to complain, I was told - too bad, that's the way it is."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of June 2003

Great time at Sandals!

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"We just got back from Sandals Negril, and highly recommend it. The beach is beautiful - the sand is incredibly soft and free of junk (they actually clean and rake it twice a day). Plenty of chairs, towels, floats, and most importantly, space of your own. Someone comes around and takes drinks orders so you never have to get up. The scuba diving was also good. They do at least two dives a day, to different locations, from 30 - 90 feet. Don't overpack - if you are not planning to go offsite, you only need a swimsuit and coverup for breakfast and lunch ( men - t-shirts, ladies - sarong skirt or other coverup). Dinner can be a little dressy if you like, or just shorts if you prefer. One restaurant, Kimonos, requires a collared shirt and covered shoes for men (though golf shirts and sandals with slcks was accepted). We reccommend going to Kimonos early in your stay. It is Benihana style with communal seating. We met two other couples that night, and they made the rest of our evenings out more enjoyable. Drinks were generous, and there was plenty of variety with the food. Nightlife is a little low-key, but after diving and sailing all day we were too pooped to dance. A great way to get away from work and kids."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of June 2003

Nice people, Okay resort, Vegetarians beware

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"My husband and I enjoyed our Honeymoon at the Sandals resort in Jamaica. We found that the staff was especially nice and friendly and we were always made to feel welcome. Our biggest problem was related to food, because my husband is vegetarian and I am allergic to seafood. This meant that the food was not that great for us, but it looked like the seafood was probably pretty good. I can't really comment except to say that the dinner selection was sparse for a vegetarian who does not eat food cooked in the same pot as meat. My husband had popcorn for dinner one night. Our room was okay but not incredible considering the price. We had an ant problem, and our armoir/TV Cabinet was missing the doors. The air conditioning was a window unit over the door, which was fairly loud. Also, when the maids came to clean the room, they would always turn off the air conditioning, so our room was pretty hot every time we returned to it and it took a while to cool down. We did have a nice view of the ocean from our balcony. The beach was well kept & we never had a problem finding a chair, float, or towels. The pool was small but also well maintained. We enjoyed ourselves but you definitely have to be prepared for a low key and laid back experience. If you are looking for a Five Star Resort experience, this is not the place for you."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of June 2003

I'd Give It a 10 for the staff!!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"This was our 3rd time to a Sandals, and we will go again! The beach was beautiful and relaxing. The drinks were never ending. But the best of it all was the staff!! We had more fun with the staff at negril sandals then anyother sandals we stayed at. The new us by name and they were the part. We loved Marc-waiter, Oral-waiter, Charlotte-waitress, Sasha-waitress, Vischan-bartender, Kevin-bartender, Kerise, Rory, Kenneil-all from the entertainment group. I cant begin to say the wonderful time they showed us... Miss them already! IT WAS IRIE!!"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of May 2003

Pampered in paradise

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2012

"Just returned from Sandals Negril for my wedding. I couldn't have asked for a better time. They took care everything and made everything seem personal. Better yet, they took care of our family that came in just for the wedding. There is no reason to ever leave the resort unless you need to buy alot of gifts; the gift shop is pricey; much better deals in town. Sandals is the way to go to Jamaica. I wouldn't try for a better bargin resort. Our Family stayed at another resort and were amazed when they came over for the wedding. So much nicer than their resort which was 1/2 mile away."

• Travel date: Thu 24th of April 2003

see negril!

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"fabulous resort at the concierge level. haute cuisine to ribs. beautiful beach, resturants and employees. ricks cafe was not a rip off. i would charge to get in if it were up to me."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of April 2003

Glad we didn't listen......

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"Glad we didn't listen to all the negative reviews of Sandals, Negril. Spent 5 glorious nights there last week and had a great time! Weather was great, beach was just fine and laying on a pool float in the ocean was awesome. Food was very good, Olive makes a great fruit smoothie for breakfast. No problems getting service or drinks at anytime. The ride there took 1.5 hours, with a stop for beer and just 1 hour 5 minutes on the way back to the airport. Being we left the morning after the war started we were a bit concerned about how travel would be -- NO PROBLEM MAN... Yes, they checked but never felt we were treated badly or had rude security people in the US or Jamaica. Our room was one of the lower end rooms but was just fine, nice king size bed, plenty of room to hang up your clothes, bathroom was clean and air conditioning worked just fine. Great to have ceiling fans too since it actually got cold in our room and we just used the ceiling fan one night. We would suggest Sandals to anyone going on vacation to RELAX - that's just what we did for 6 days with no hassles what-so-ever -- no one bothered us on the beach trying to sell things either, at the markets it's a whole different story and either you enjoy the give and take or it may make you feel uncomfortable. We would recommend Sandals, Negril to anyone....."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of March 2003

Sandals Negril id Fantastic

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"I have to say that Sandals Negril and the staff made our honeymoon the most incredible time I have ever had in my life. My husband and I loved Roy the bartender, AJ, Lavert the "Sweeper", Randy and all involved to show us a wonderful honeymoon. The drinks are the best I have ever had in my life, especially the pina coladas and the food is worthy of royalty. The day trip to the small town where we horseback rode through the old sugar plantation and then into the Carribean was one of the most romantic times I will probably ever experience. I pray we will return to this magic wonderland, unspoiled and alive with nature and spirit! Sandals, you are the best!"

• Travel date: Wed 26th of March 2003

Hotels near Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa

Top traveller tips for Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa

• Cathylee77 by Cathylee77

"Don't leave your room. Even the employees try to sell you drugs. "

Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa is also called