Rayon Hotel

Norman Manley Blvd Beach Road, close to Margaritaville, Negril Jamaica

Great hotel!!

Good

"Have been to Jamaica plenty times, This was my first time in Negril, I came across ,this hotel on line, and instantly fell in love with it,after reading all the positive reviews. They were all correct ! This hotel is a GEM! I have to thank Pansey and her great staff, thet treat you so GOOD, Make you feel at home ,the
food was really good they will prepare it for you ,and bring it to you if you don't want to eat in the restaurant. I wanted to bring the bed home with me so comfortable. I highly recomend this hotel,,to all my clientsand freinds,If they are looking for a nice quiet,clean hotel in Negril.The Rayon It's the Place. Thanks again,to Pansey and her wonderful staff for a great stay!! Can't wait until I'm there again."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of January 2008

nice safe hotel

"This is a very nice hotel.
The staff are very nice and refreshingly genuine after the hustlers on the beach.
I booked it after reading all the positive reviews on trip adviser and it was a good choice. We got it for $85 a night. We had just a basic room. We were afraid to bring a laptop to jamaica but I think it would have been safe there.
I asked for coconut water one day and Josh (one of the staff) climbed one of their trees and got me one. Then he chopped off the top and I drank the water with a straw. When I was finished he chopped it in half and scooped out the white flesh for me.

This is a great value hotel as Negril is not a cheap place.

It was very easy to book I just emailed them enquiring about availability. Miss Pansy (the owner) replied very quickly and answered all my questions.
She also phoned me the day before we left the states to confirm that we were coming.

We met several people who have stayed many times at the hotel.
In fact we met the writer of one of the reviews!!"

• Travel date: Sun 27th of January 2008

Rayon Hotel WOW!!!

"A gem tucked away on Norman Manley Blvd! I went to see the hotel out of curiosity, and I was impressed. The hotel is owned by a Jamaican couple, and it is very nice. One stop shopping!! There is a pool, restaurant on site, and the hotel is able to accommodate guests with in house spa services. It is obvious the hotel is a labor of love for the owners. The gardens are beautiful and the hotel is clean and well maintained. The hotel was built less than 3 years ago. The thing I really liked about the hotel is that there are several areas that the guests can just sit and relax. There is the pool which also has a bar, there is an upper veranda that overlooks Norman Manley Blvd, and there is an area where guests can congregate and play pool. The pool is located within a center courtyard area, and most of the rooms overlook the pool and gardens. They are even in the process of building a tennis court on premises! The restaurant is beautiful, and overlooks the pool and gardens. I did not have the opportunity to eat at the restaurant, but I have heard that the food is good. The rooms are spacious, and well appointed. They are equipped with televisions and phones. Pansey, one of the owners, is both gracious and helpful. The Rayon is one of the best kept secrets in Negril. You get a lot for your money! Rates are very reasonable, and they also offer meal plans. I am already booked!!"

• Travel date: Thu 15th of November 2007

Absoulutely Wonderful!!!

"This was our 4th trip in a row to Negril, Jamaica, and the 1st time we stayed at the Rayon. In the previous years, we stayed at a hotel which we absolutely loved, and still do, but this last year because we waited so long to book our trip, we had to find different accomodations. Needless to say, we were a bit worried, as sometimes you just never know what you're really going to get until you're already there.
Well i must say, the moment we pulled up to the Rayon, we were DELIGHTED. A beautiful new hotel, located on the middle of 7 mile beach, where we always stay!. Pansy and her staff were MORE than accomodating, anything we needed, they were there to assist us.
Located across the road from the beach, I must admidt that I was a bit aprehensive at first, as the drivers can be a bit more aggressive than what we're used to in the states, but having to walk a SHORT distance ( a hotel's length) to the beach, it really wasn't any big deal at all. The hotel has beach access directly across the road and there is no need to feel as if you're intruding on someone elses territory.
The hotel itself was clean and bright, the pool was clean and quiet, a sometimes nice change from the hustle and bustle of the beach. The bar outside by the pool is a great place to start and finish your evening, Chris the bartender is always up for a game of dominos!. And the kitchen is always up to making your food made to order, even late at nite.
The rooms were clean and what I would consider to be a bit larger than what I've seen in most standard and deluxe rooms.
One of my favorite places is the balcony off the front of the hotel . Enter the game/exercise room where there is a pool table, fooseball table a piano , exercise equipment, and rattan furniture to kick back on. Thru the french doors out to the balcony over looking Manlely Blvd,there they have chaise lounge chairs and tables. What a great place to sit and relax and watch the "real life" of Negril whether you're having your morning coffee or your redstripe beer!.
We LOVED the Rayon and have recommened it friends who have since stayed there and have re-booked for future visits.
A smaller hotel yes, 22 rooms I think, but that's the beauty of it. You WON'T be dissapointed!"

• Travel date: Thu 20th of September 2007

Negril's Best Kept Secret

"I've been going to Negril since the mid 80's and have stayed at most beach and cliff properties there. Rayon Hotel is less than 4 years old, across from the beach and an absolute "gem". The rooms are beautifully decorated with lovely queen sized beds, large walk-in closets and nice verandahs.
The pool & pool bar are very well maintained and the restaurant serves some of the best local and reasonably priced meals around. There is even a small work-out room and facilities for hosting weddings or parties.
I will return in Nov and Dec-Jan. The management and staff are to be commended for a very well run hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of September 2007

Exceptional!!!!!!!!!!

"Let's get straight to the point....this place is the best place to stay in Negril....by far. It resembles a five star resort but provides a low-key and relaxing atmosphere. We were so impressed when we were greeted by name upon our arrival by 'Pansy'. Throughout our stay Pansy and all Rayon staff provided us with exceptional service and attention. All of our requests were readily accommodated and everyone made our stay everything we could have hoped for. We felt completely at home for the duration of our stay and will definitely be returning in the future."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of June 2007

Love This Hotel

Good

"Stayed at rayon Mar-22-26, 2007. First time to this hotel and by far was the best hotel I stayed at in Negril. Its small cute and quaint. Their restaurant is affordable and conveinient. Loved the banana pancakes and Jamaican breakfast.

Pansy was wonderful to correspond with via email. Our room was ready when we arrived and the staff was very helpful. The rooms are large. Huge walk in closets and your own private balcony.

The beach is directly across the street. I like being on the opposite side of the beach for privacy and quietness.

I would definitely go back to this hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of April 2007

A Wonderful 1st Trip!

"My boyfriend and I just came back from a week in Negril. We stayed at the Rayon and let me tell you - it was spectacular. From the moment we arrived until the day we left the staff took very good care of us. The hotel is beautiful and our room was very comfortable. I wanted to bring the bed home with me - I suffer from chronic insomnia and I slept like a log the entire trip! We had informed the staff that we wished to have a quiet room and were given a nice room at the back of the grounds that overlooked the mountains at sunrise.
On the second day our toilet stopped and shower curtain fell, but by the time we came back it had been fixed and did not have a problem again. The food was WONDERFUL that Janet and the other staff made for us. If you have never been to Jamaica please know that you must leave any American or rush-rush lifestyles behind, especially where food is concerned. Jamaicans say "made to order" - this means made from scratch. Expect to spend at least an hour and half to two hours or more for each meal because nothing is prepared in advance - but when it comes the quality and taste will blow your mind. It is like that at the hotel and everywhere else in Negril. Prices are about what you can expect in America, but we definitely recommend staying at this hotel over the all-inclusives because it gives you a feel of the real Jamaica and encourages you to explore. We had never gone to Jamaica but had friends who had done both types of resorts - in the end, you'll spend about the same amount - and based on our shared stories, with the all-inclusives you'll see very little and narrow your choices. They are also farther away from the good part of the beach as far as I'm concerned (I saw them when I went scuba diving - if you dive, go with Sundivers and ask for Kirk!) and the cliffs of West End are pretty but separated from the 7-mile beach by a good portion.
Mark and I had our breakfast included with our stay, but opted to search out jerk huts and other establishments - go to Irie on the beach! - and ate at a different place for nearly every meal. We were never disappointed in anything that was served to us and tried a few different things we never had before and loved it.
The pool at the Rayon was clean and refreshing. The people next door at the Elvis rental were entertaining and helpful. We felt safe our entire stay at the hotel. The beach can be something else - the hackers do get annoying but remember that they are poor people. One thing I saw that somewhat annoyed me was how tourists brought their young children. That's fine if you wish them to see nudes and people smoking herb and such, but to adults trying to have a good time they are as annoying as the hackers. The hackers will go away when told "No, thank you" - and to some, that's part of what gives Jamaica a distinctive flavor from other tropical locales - but screaming children in paradise can be something else. Several times on the weekend we went back to the hotel pool away from the because of kids. The only reason I say this hotel is not for children is because I don't think Negril is for children - go to Disney World and let the adults have their parties and shadowed romances.
Mark and I were at odds with how to get back to the MoBay airport at the end of our stay and the management helped us out immensely. We plan on going back to Jamaica some point after exploring other areas of the world and when we do we'll stay at the Rayon. It's across the street from the beach so it doesn't have the riff-raff yet in less than five minutes your toes are in the sands. Also the driveway/walkway that provides beach access puts you right out next to the lowest price Red Stripe hut on the beach, where you can get a beer for 100 J, which is around $1 USA.
It took us awhile to figure out the money, but let me tell you this - exchange about half your money into Jamaican and the rest keep US currency, in denominations of 1s, 5s, and 10s with the occasional 20. Wherever you go in Negril, you'll find that people don't have change to give for your purchases. Be prepared with a lot of small bills.
We had great weather with plenty of sun in the morning and rain in the afternoon, clearing again for the evening - and the tourism was slowish with the break just before Christmas. Now is the perfect time to go. So if you're a retiree looking to get away from the crowds or an adventurous couple like us looking to get away, stay at the Rayon Hotel in Negril and your dreams might come true - just like ours did! Thank you everyone!
- Kari and Mark, Charleston, SC"

• Travel date: Thu 7th of December 2006

Wedding of the year at the Rayon Hotel!!

"My Husband and I have just returned from our Honeymoon which the whole wedding was arranged by the the wonderful Proprietor of the Rayon Hotel. My Husband & I live in London so you can imaging arranging a wedding by e-mails can be a nerve racking experience but not for me. When I first saw their website I was most impressed on all the features and faciliies that the hotel had to offer, it looked idylic, but what captured my eye the most was the fact it only had 21 rooms and was a family run business. That was music to our ears as we knew then we would received the utmost care and attention, needless to say we were married on Negril beach on Saturday October 28th 2006, our special day was fantastic and no detail was left unturned and the everything was given the personal touch and we had 75 guests in attendance and they all commented on how lovely the hotel and the location was which was very pleasing. The proprietor of the hotel took great care and added little personal touches for my Husband and I, in essence we felt part of the family it has such a cosy feeling of home.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner where marvelous as everything is cooked to order and tasted delicious so you were always having freshly cooked food and fresh fruits.

The Hotels design is great for the fact that it looks like little villas you could have been in the meditteranean, the staff are amazing and nothing that is requested is ever too much for them to do. It is definately a place for rest and revitalization ideal for that romantic break, planning a wedding or if you just want to get away from it all it is really fantastic and we felt treated like royalty! My Husband & I will definately be going back there for our 1st honeymoon and will be recomending this hotel to all our family and friends as it is a truely a hotel in a million a hotel that cares and where the guest really does come first.

Needless to say we are now back home in London but our fond memories of the Rayon Hotel and all the staff there and the great organisation and planning for our special day will stay in our hearts and minds forever as they truely bowled us over.

Thanks a million
Jenny & Howard"

• Travel date: Fri 24th of November 2006

Love the Rayon Hotel on Norman Manley Boulevard in Negril.

Good

"Very nice family run hotel. Clean rooms on the opposite side to the beach. They have a pool, a bar, a restuarant and a gym, as well as a gift shop and hair salon. Staff are friendly and helpful with a security guard at night tp deter uninvited guests."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of May 2006

Amazing Experience

"Every time I go to Jamaica there is no other hotel I would even think of staying at. Rayon Hotel has superior customer service, an accommodating staff, and AMAZING food. Very organized and well run business. This hotel is my one and only option while visiting Jamaica."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of May 2016

Hotels near Rayon Hotel

Stayed at Rayon Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Rayon Hotel

• Kim S by Kim S

"the hotel has everything you would need. "

Rayon Hotel is also called