Villa veranda looking to beach front

About Nirvana on the Beach

• kitchenette
  • microwave

Quiet, relaxing times at Nirvana

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"My spouse and I had a great times at Nirvana. We were there in November, one of the best times to visit in our opinion. We had essentially the beach to ourselves and enjoyed checking out the numourous bars and restaurants open on the beach for breakfast, dinner and of course for beer (still quite warm in autumn). We rented a large room with a veranda looking at the sea. There is always someone around to assure we have everything, the rooms were well kept and cleaned every day. There is also always someone at the entrance from the beach guarding the property from non-guests. If you are looking for a place that has more character than a large Hotel or Resort, that will not offer meals but allows you to explore at your rythm, that is more personal in the sense that you get to meet and talk to the owners or their amiable staff this is a great choice. We also at the end recognized that it was great value for our money as we saved on meals (often eating in less fancy places but closer to where the jamaicans go for meals)."

• Travel date: 4th September 2004

Great time at Nirvana

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"Many times i did visit Negril. But the last two times when i used to stay in Nirvana with my familly were so peacefull and really restful! We very enjoyed the wonderfull garden, one of the nicest beach-sections in Negril and the friendly Nirvana- staff. We had a very good time there and we hope we will visit Nirvana many more times!"

• Travel date: 29th August 2004

Rest and relaxation

Reviewed 1st November 2012

"Negril has the natural attractions of a long, beautiful beach, blue sea and hot weather. Nirvana, set right on the beach, is a great place to come for a restful, relaxed holiday. The wooden cottages are simple in style, and we self-catered by buying food from the two supermarkets in the town, but there are a lot of restaurants for all tastes. Our cottage was cleaned everyday, with fresh towels provided, and the staff was helpful. The cottages are not air conditioned, but fans in each room were fine. Bring your own beach towels, though, and mosquito repellent!"

• Travel date: 23rd August 2004

Peace and contentment at Nirvana

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"My wife and I have have stayed at Nirvana at least once per year for each of the past 5 or 6 years. Negril is our favorite vacation destination on earth and Nirvana is our favorite place to stay in Negril. The staff is very friendly and helpful and we enjoy seeing them each trip. Nirvana is perfectly located on the famous Negril beach. One merely goes out to the beach and takes a left or a right. Either way are miles of restaurants, bars , shops etc. There is never an end to something to do or eat! The beach and swimming area are clean and nice. Security is good. We highly recommend Nirvana and will be staying there again the next time we go to Negril"

• Travel date: 18th August 2004

NIRVANA is aptly named

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"I have spent the last five Thanksgivings with family and friends at Nirvana... and even though there are other comparable places in Negril - I can't imagine staying anywhere else! Lonnie & Stanley Gottlieb have created a wonderfully relaxing environment - with enough excitement nearby to keep everyone happy. The Nirvana staff is excellent - caring, courteous, totally respectful of the guests privacy but available (& happy) to help in any way. Our safety and security have never been an issue.. and our driver (Leon) is the best welcoming ambassador they could ever have! We always come back with wonderful memories - and start making plans for the next year's trip! Just like it sounds... Nirvana-a-a-a-a-h-h-h-h"

• Travel date: 15th August 2004

Glad we found Nirvana!

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"My husband and I just got back from our first trip to Jamaica and I am so glad we found Nirvana! We stayed in a beautiful verandah suite with a four poster bed and a cool, comfortable screened porch overlooking the beach. The beauty and tranquility of the property made our two days in Negril seem like a week! We walked on the beach at all hours, wherever we wanted to go - Nirvana is right in the middle of Seven Mile Beach, with excellent restaurants and delectable frozen drinks within easy walking distance. But, the staff at Nirvana is what made the difference. They helped us arrange for shopping and dining excursions whenever we asked, kept our room very clean and always checked to see if we needed anything. We traveled without our kids this time, but Nirvana is such a great place for families that we may bring our kids next time. If they’re lucky…"

• Travel date: 12th August 2004

Truly Nirvana!!!

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"I discovered Nirvana in 1996 and have revisited at least ten more times during various months since. While I travel regularly for my job, and often to wonderful places in Europe, Asia and the Caribbean, for me, nothing is quite the same as Nirvana. The grounds are fabulous, the staff who have been there since my first visit are the most gracious, and relaxing is definitely the order of the day. Nirvana's location on Seven Mile Beach is so convenient that you could easily choose to eat at a different restaurant every night or, if you choose to eat-in, the Ladies will cook whatever your heart desires. Also, you can take a taxi or a boat to The Rockhouse on the Cliffs and enjoy an incredible meal on the "other side" of Negri. There is as much or as little as you want to do. Me, I enjoy the lack of TV and telephones (although there is one in the manager's office or at the front gate, if you need it) and Jamaica is one of the places where my mobile telephone doesn't work, thank GOD! So, if you want to get away to a place like no other, and you are tired of all-inclusives and the masses of people that go along with them, Nirvana is the place for you. The staff is even willing to shop for you prior to your arrival if you fax down a list! Don't forget to order your bag of oranges from the "Rasta" ahead of time so that you will have freshly squeezed orange juice when you arrive."

• Travel date: 5th August 2004

Nirvana is the BEST place to stay!!

Reviewed 1st November 2012

"We just got back from our stay at Nirvana. This place is just wonderful! A true paradise! My husband and I stayed in the verandah suite. The room was very clean and was clean like new every morning! Our driver was at the airport to pick us up and was available anytime we needed him!! The staff was terrific! This place is private and secluded enough that it feels totally safe, yet it's close enough that you really don't have to even put on shoes your whole trip!! It is the perfect location! The beach is beautiful! Moses and Shine are truly an asset to this place! We learned so much about culture and many other things from them! My husband and I have decided to make this a yearly trip! We have invited several friends to go as well~! WE went without our children this time, but would not hesitate to take them next time! If your looking for the perfect place to stay in Negril- here it is~!!"

• Travel date: 2nd August 2004

Simply Nirvana

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"We just came back from our Third Stay at Nirvana...We stayed in one of the Veranda Suites (we've stayed in the cabins before and were very pleased with them!), and it was wonderful. Our back porch overlooked the beach and most mornings I'd see a beautiful Yellow Crowned Night Heron walking on the property from the beach, a real thrill for a birder like me! We experienced streamer tailed hummingbirds (Dr.Bird) on a daily basis as well as many other varieties of Parakeets, and small tropical birds. Our room had a kitchenette and a refrigerator, the porch, a king sized bed, a dressing room with a sink, a full bathroom (with a bidette, shower, etc) We also had another shower just outside the room. Let me tell you that their's just something so magnificent about showering outside in the tropics with the lush green and the brilliant blue sky. The rooms were well meticulously maintained. Our staff couldn't be nicer. The manager, Joan, went out of her way many times to attend to our special needs and everyone of the staff was friendly. Most of the staff have been employed at Nirvana for years. Once you experience Nirvana, you'll want to come back again and again."

• Travel date: 1st August 2004

Loved Nirvana

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"We had a wonderful time at Nirvana and would definately stay there again. Our group of six stayed in one of the cabins where the ladies made us breakfast daily with fresh squeezed orange juice or dinner of lobster and fresh fish. It does not have the feel of a "super club resort" so if you are looking for more of a relaxed, intimate place to stay, Nirvana is perfect. The grounds are beautiful and Bonnie and Shine made everyone feel so safe. They not only are great security guards, but are so interesting to talk to, to learn more about Jamaica and the culture. The owner Lonnie arranged to have Breezy pick us up at the airport and he was at the resort every day to see if we needed anything or wanted to go anywhere. The bartender Tony at the bar just to the right makes the best frozen drinks...definately a must. When we go back to Jamaica, we will be staying at Nirvana. The Minnesota clan"

• Travel date: 25th July 2004

Hotels near Nirvana on the Beach

Nirvana on the Beach is also called

• nirvana on the beach negril
  • nirvana on the beach hotel