Negril Escape Resort & Spa

The Cliffs, West End Road, Negril Jamaica

Good

Wonderful spot for relaxation!

"We just returned today from a short stay at Negril Escape. We enjoyed our visit and plan to return to this location. The views are priceless and the service can't be beat as well. We visited during a very slow time, just after the hurricane -(on our 1st day, I believe we were the only guests there!). We loved the undivided attention from the staff! They are the most friendly and accommodating staff I've come across in all my travels. After a few short days, we felt like part of the Negril Escape family.

While there were some signs that a hurricane had just passed, the grounds were well maintained and our room was comfortable and well serviced. By far the best feature of this hotel is the staff. Special thanks to Theresa, Nakeisha, Tracy (at the desk), Alan (who drove not only the shuttle but took us on unscheduled stops for shopping, restaurants, etc.), Sophie (always smiling), Vivian (the firewater trick was awesome!), Alrick, and the whole rest of the entire staff who made our stay so pleasant.

A special thanks to the owner Kerry and his wife Charlotte, who took time out to make sure we were being well cared for and even their children who were a joy to watch enjoying themselves in the beautiful Negril sunshine. We enjoyed being a part of the staff party and look forward to our next visit.

I can't say much about Negril as we spent most of our time at Negril Escape (we were so relaxed and comfortable we didn't leave much!) But we did go out for dinner to Rick's and one night we went to Cosmo's (on the beach). The food was good and we had fun watching the divers jump off the cliffs. We went to party at The Jungle which was quite an interesting experience.

Bottom line- Stay at Negril Escape Resort & Spa, it will be an unforgettable experience!"

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of September 2007

Relaxation

"I traveled to Jamaica as a single parent with my 5 yrs old daughter this August and was pleasantly surprised. Many mixed reviews about Jamaica had me worried about what to expect however to date this was the most relaxing escape I’ve had. We arrived at MoBay International and were greeted by Clive our driver who took us out to the Cliffs. The cost of regular transportation was $36 round trip and my daughter was free. If traveling in a small group use the tour bus as a pose to private transfers which is over $100;

My daughter and I had a wonderful week at the Negril escape resort and spa. Special thanks to Theresa and Vivienne (my daughter’s favorite staff members)! You made our stay most enjoyable. The service was impeccable, from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. The staffs were very friendly and we felt safe throughout our entire vacation. My only request upon arrival was a hammock on the veranda and I was granted one which completed my vision of my perfect Caribbean escape.

We stayed in the passage to India which overlooked the Caribbean Sea. The only mishap was my daughter was given a warm welcome to Jamaica by the bugs. The pool was awesome very clean; usually I reserve swimming for the beach but I allowed my daughter to enter the pool several days. The website offers an accurate picture of what to expect and feel free to use live chat to ask any questions you may have. Nikki (sales manager) called me in NYC to help me complete my reservation when I requested additional aid.

The food at the resort was great - the selection for breakfast was delicious and I was very pleased to sample such a wide variety of dishes for free (breakfast is included with the rate). The local restaurants are fantastic; Check out Irie on the beach for great pizza and take a stroll along the beach for great jerk chicken and other delights; I love being able to buy beef patties and fruits from my seat in the shade on the beach.

There is a mini mart close by which made it convenient to stock our in-room refrigerator however there is an excellent mini-mart located at the beach which is safer than trying to navigate the roads which can be quite dangerous.

Tours to nearby attractions were great; Mayfield Fall “River walk” tour was awesome – a must do! I’ve visited falls in Hawaii and Costa Rica and nothing prepared me for this adventure. The best option for this tour is to book thru the resort; I paid $78 for me and 1/2 price for my 5yrs old who had a blast. The price included transportation, entry fee, lunch and shopping.
We visited the Royal Palms Reserve which is beautiful (Goggle the name for the site) the resort assisted with reservation; the cost was $35 for my daughter and I; It included an educational guided tour and round trip transportation

Surprise Highlight
The fashion show with the Miss Jamaican World contestant was nice. I loved that Nadine Sutherland performed as she is one of my favorite reggae artist. The trip will stay in our memories forever and we plan to visit Jamaica and the Negril Escape Resort and Spa again in the future"

• Travel date: Mon 27th of August 2007

Snorkel vacation with kids

Good

"Our family of 5 (3 kids ages 11, 9, 7) recently stayed at “Negril Escape” and had a memorable time. We chose the West End rather than Negril’s beach area because of the cliffs. While we were excited to be stay in this area, we were apprehensive about how the kids would make out in this setting. They did enjoy the pool, but spent the vast majority of time in the ocean. It turned out that we shouldn’t have worried at all, because they loved swimming, snorkeling and cliff jumping (and off their lighthouse). We never let them in the sea alone and we did bring several inflatable tubes that were fun for bobbing in the waves. As long as your children are decent swimmers we would say relax and go to this area.

The snorkeling at “Escape” was beautiful and so convenient. Daily we saw peacock flounder, eels, lobsters, trumpet fish, and sea urchins, as well as other colorful fish too numerous to write. One day we did go to the beach and take a boat trip out to the reef ($50 for 2 hours). It was nice, but snorkeling at the cliffs was better (and cheaper!). The most spectacular snorkeling and one of our highlights was at “Rockhouse” restaurant. It is very close to “Escape”, about a mile up the road. We had a very nice lunch there and then went snorkeling at the resort. The reef was so pretty, colorful and teeming with fish and it had interesting caves to explore.

The reviews of the hotel are accurate. It is in a pretty, serene setting and has a smaller, family-run feel to it. The staff is all friendly (although slow). We stayed in the “Passage to India” building on the 2nd floor. It was in a great location with a perfect sea view.

When planning our trip, we read many reviews on this hotel and noticed how the manager often wrote back to address comments. He always said he wished guests would tell the hotel directly what had been bothering them. That way the situation could have been taken care of at the time. Anyway, we happened to run into him one day and found Cary to be very easy to talk to and friendly. We mentioned that the pool ladder was broken and needed to be fixed. We were pleasantly surprised to see that literally within an hour he had it repaired! On the other hand, twice we asked workers to fix our sink faucet and it never got done. So our advice is that if you have any problems to talk to Cary and it will get done quickly.

The hotel has a shuttle service twice a day to the beach and back that was very convenient. It was a nice change of pace to go there from being at the cliffs. The girls enjoyed how lively it was there as well as all the shopping opportunities. They got their hair braided for $10 each. Bring a bottle of conditioner with you to make the braiding easier.

We used “Talk of the Town” for airport transfers ($60 each way), as well as for an private excursion to “Mayfield Falls” ($195 for transportation and entry fees, no lunch). We found them to be reasonable, prompt and courteous. They worked around our schedule and were very accommodating when the local ATM machine didn’t work for us to pay them and we had to drive around a while. (Sorry bout that Sienna) We would definitely recommend using this company.

“Mayfield Falls” was another highlight of the trip. The setting up in the hills is beautiful and it did not seem like a tourist trap at all. Our “Original Mayfield Falls” guide Sean was so helpful guiding our children that we never feared for their safety. We ate the jerk chicken and shrimp with vegetables for lunch. They were huge portions and possibly the most delicious meal we ate in Jamaica.

We went to many nice restaurants in gorgeous locations. Our favorite on the beach was “Kuyuba”. We could have stayed there all day lounging in the bar hammocks or sitting up in the crows nest. Our girls loved talking to the parrots there. Another nice place is the “Charela Inn”. It had the prettiest beach and a nice folk show once a week. On the west end we enjoyed LTU pub (beautiful setting with a relaxed atmosphere), Pirates Cave, Rock House, and Xtabi ( a bit more pricy then the rest). All the restaurant were very accommodating to the kids and split adult plates for the three to share.

In general we had a very nice vacation with our kids. We never felt concerned for their safety. There are no real organized kids activities but there is plenty to do and they never seemed bored. There were several other families with children staying at Negril Escape. In general we would recommend this as a nice place for a family vacation."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of August 2007

Beautiful Setting - Beautiful People

"I recently returned from a week-long stay at Negril Escape where my daughter and son-in-law were married. The views of the ocean and sunsets from our room and from the terrace were absolutely breathtaking. The gardens were gorgeous. I especially enjoyed sitting on the adirondack chairs looking at the moon and its reflection off the sea. . . total serenity.

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Everyone bent over backwards to help with transportation, tours, towels, lost keys, telephone calls, you name it. Everyone knew our names and we got to know them, too. Always smiling, joking, making sure we were comfortable.

We stayed in a room in the cottage "Back to Africa." Our room was spacious and very clean. The air conditioning worked very very well. The decor was delightfully different than the usual "hotel room" look. The king-size mattress was so comfortable that I wanted to bring it home with me.

The swimming pool was clean and well maintained as was the rest of the resort. Swimming in the ocean from the cliffs was also great and refreshing, not as scary as I had imagined.

And then there was the wedding. . . it was like a fairy tale. It honestly was perfect."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of July 2007

Paradise

"Well this was true paradise!My Husband and I recently got back froman around the world trip.Near the end we stayed at the "Escape".Perfect timing for this beautiful place.The other reviews have done a good job of describing how amazing this place is!
This was one of our favourite spots in the world!The resort was well located on the cliffs with amazing views and great swimming and diving, close to shops and beach.The room was beautiful, very romantic and comfortable with superb views.The resort had a great little spot tucked in the cliffs for swimming or even diving of the cliffs or the little lighthouse.There is also a pool aswell.The food here is very nice and with super friendly service!Have to agree with some of the other reviews the staff here are fantastic! Damion,Vivienne and everyone else were great but have to make special mention of how good Big Al and Alrick were.They made us feel very comfortable they were both so friendly and looked after us very well for our stay!To find people this real and nice after our long trip was awseome!This was the perfect place for us to relax get on Jamaican time and have a little bit of adventure and recharge ourselves ready for the next stop.Would love to come back and stay longer.
Would recommend the river walk awseome experience!
Really loved this place,True Paradise "Ya Mon""

• Travel date: Tue 24th of July 2007

Negril Escape is the PERFECT place to get married!

"I wrote a pretty detailed response about our wedding there in a forum called" Negril forum: Wedding Advice April/May of 2008" --have a look if you're looking for a great wedding place or just a choice spot on the cliffs of Negril. Here I'll suffice it to say that the service was above and beyond, the prices reasonable, the location (photo op!) stunning. It actually makes me feel homesick thinking about it!!??!?!"

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of July 2007

Dreamy!

Good

"We stayed a week in Negril Escape in July. We chose this hotel based on great Tripadvisor reviews and it was a good choice. The place is just the sort of tropical paradise you dream of. Beautiful garden and amazing ocean view. Rooms are nice and and each have their individual style. I loved lieing on the bed in the morning, watching the ocean trough open double doors. So relaxing.

Rooms are very clean and staff is very friendly and helpful. There's free wireless internet on the premises. Hotel is located in West End, so there's a few kilometers to the beach, but it's not a problem since there's free shuttle service between hotel and beach. There's also a free shuttle to night club.

Hotel advertises yoga classes on their website, but there weren't any because of the low season. Although it's understandable, I was a bit disappointed.

Service at hotel's restaurant was very nice and friendly, but sometimes it was quite slow. Although we were on holiday, I wasn't prepared to wait for my breakfast of eggs and tost for 45 minutes like we did few mornings.

All in all, we loved Negril Escape."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of July 2007

Already Planning A Trip Back!

"Last week, I had the pleasure of spending four nights at Negril Escape with two girlfriends. We all agreed at the end of the trip, that despite our all being very well traveled, this was our first true vacation. I can honestly say that for those five days and four nights, we truly managed to escape all stateside thoughts and worries. Though Negril is naturally beautiful and lends itself to pleasure, our trip was enhanced by all of the staff we encountered at the resort. Teresa was incredibly welcoming when we arrived and Alerick made a refreshing complimentary drink shortly thereafter. Alan was our affable and gracious host and transportation to “The Jungle” (the local hotspot which happens to be owned by the same people as Negril Escape). It was really nice being three women traveling to have the complimentary transportation and company that night. By the next day we met Kadeane (sp? AKA Brownie or Brownin) who makes arguably the best Pina Colada on the island. Not only does she make a great drink, she was excellent company at the bar, as was Sofia who served us the complimentary breakfast each morning. It must be noted that this is no bagels and fruit complimentary breakfast, it’s full on omelets, French toast, Fish Fritter, Pancakes etc…. anything you want off of the breakfast menu. We did not ever order from the restaurant as the prices were a bit high, but the Jerk Chicken served at the cocktail party held every Friday for the guests was the best I ever had. It was here that we met Carey and Charlotte and Nakisha. Carey is the son who has taken over the helm of this family business. He offered interesting conversation and history. Charlotte is the most delightful presence as were their daughters who were present the next day when they had a birthday party at the resort. On that note, one could truly feel that this is a family business and while you are there they make you feel as if you are one of their own. Kind thanks to Theodane, for offering excursions of which we did not partake but will next time as this is certain to be an annual trip. There was a family visiting while we were there who have returned eight times. This is a testament to the magic of Negril Escape and it lush and inviting setting. Last but not least, EVERYONE should experience the healing hands of Courtney the masseuse. Sublime is the only word to describe an hour with him. Though the price of the massages on the brochure are a bit steep, it will be money well spent. Obviously I could go on and on about this place, but I will leave the rest to the imagination and the photos on their site. This place is so special I almost want to keep it a secret, but I also want to assure that Negril Escape has the success it needs to be there for us every year when we return with our friends."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of June 2007

Great Views

Good

"This resort is great for gatherings and that special party or day that means so much. The view is absolutely extraordinary. The staff was accomodating and personable. I did not have the chance to actually stay at the resort, but instead was a member of a wedding party."

• Travel date: Fri 15th of June 2007

Wedding in Paradise

"June 15, 2007

Last month we got married at Negril Escape Resort and Spa.
It is extremely hard to do a wedding long distance. So many details and all I did was send a few photos and ideas to Donald and his staff and pray for the best. Well, the best more than met our expectations. There are several locations at the resort to get married and of course what wedding doesn't have a catch. It poured the day of our wedding and that was no problem for the staff, they quickly moved locations to a covered venue and surprisingly no one even knew that it was not the original location.

After speaking with a few other brides who got married in various location in Jamaica I think the one thing they all envied me for was that I really had one stop shopping. Although we did not stay at the resort, it could have accommodated all of my guests. They took care of the venue, food, bar, photographer, webcast with DVD, cake, flowers, venue, decorations, music, transportation to and from our resort, wedding official, marriage license, and all my needs. If they could not handle it, for example hair and make-up, they gave me phone numbers of where to go. And they referred me to the best. I basically had a wedding coordinator at no charge. My new husband and his family are from Jamaica and have visited many resorts and restaurants in Negril and they along with my guest said the food was some of the best they had while in Negril.

Their prices are extremely reasonable for the service and attention to detail that you receive. The resort is located on the cliffs and is very convenient for diving, snorkeling, and jumping, as well as many local attractions, which the staff will more than graciously set up for you. The grounds are very colorful and well manicured. I would highly recommend a stay at this resort and if your looking to get married make life easy and do it at the Negril Escape.
Sincerely,
Craig & Gina DuQuesnay"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of June 2007

Hotels near Negril Escape Resort & Spa

Stayed at Negril Escape Resort & Spa? Share your insight.

Negril Escape Resort & Spa is also called