Judy House Cottages and Rooms

• convenience store
  • adults only amenities
  • shared kitchen

Good

Rustic accomodations but at a good price !

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"We stayed in Kim's Place, one of the 2 rustic cottages on this property, for 6 nights. The reasonable cost was our main reason for selecting this location for our trip-- we were on a SERIOUS shoestring budget, and just wanted to escape to the SUN for awhile ! The small cottage was very basic, but had a small kitchen with cooking facilities, and a nice frig / freezer. The bathroom was basic, but adequate. The water & electricity go off frequently, which requires some getting used to. Its situated in a gorgeous tropical garden, but no water view or pool. The things that would have improved it for us would have been: 1) a larger bed- it has a regular double sized bed 2) pest control- we were bitten by some mosquitoes ( not a lot of screens or screen doors in Jamaica) but primarily we were bothered by another sort of bug bite that left MANY tiny red welts and were very itchy. It seemed that we acquired most of those bites at night, while we were in bed, which made us wonder about bed bugs ? The itching from that discomfort was a significant detractor from an otherwise very pleasant getaway. Would we do it again ? Probably. Better insect control on the property / bug bite remedies would help."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of March 2009

Loved It

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"What a wonderful way to see the way of life on the Island.
This was my first time on the Island and it was all wonderful,between Sue and her staff,anything can be done."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of February 2009

Country Cottage - Tucked Away!

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"We stayed in the Kim cottage, adjacent to the judy house where my cousins stayed. I wanted to spend two inexpensive nights in Negril, (apart of my husband and my plans to explore jamaica for our honeymoon) . I got the chance to look at both cottages and quite preferred `kim´ , it was just cute and perfect for us. Everything seemed clean, and we got freshly picked flowers (from the garden that enveloped us), and clean towels our first morning there. We enjoyed the short walk to the main road below, where Sue (cottage proprietor) has a cafe right at the sea. Next to her shop, is a great place (a yellow cottage-like restaurant) to eat some good Jamaican food, breakfast, lunch and dinner served hot and mouthwatering good (best price on the strip).

To get to the beach, you have to drive. Its about ten minutes away. The property is centrally located. All you need is a list of ´´to do´s´´ and youre all set.

All in All i would stay there again. The price was perfect, and so was the cottage."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of December 2008

~Charming and Relaxing~

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"I stayed at the Judy House and Kim’s Place for 2 nights during my visit to Negril.
If you want to experience the Jamaican lifestyle, away from
the tourist area, this is the place for you…….
Tucked away, off the West End Road it’s surrounded by lush gardens.
You will be greeted by Sue, she will make sure that you have everything you need to make your stay comfortable.
The cabins are very cozy and comfortable with everything you need, including kitchenette and outdoor sitting area.
I am looking forward to my next stay here very very soon"

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of December 2008

Enchanting

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"I stayed at the Judy House in dec/jan08 for a month. It was a rejuvenating experience. For me the highlight was the beautiful garden setting . The little house is totally surrounded by exquisite tropical jungle and the plants give you so much energy. It was a delight to wake up every morning to a palette of colors, sounds and smells surrounding me.
The house is fully equiped with tv, dvd, radio cd player,
microwave, toaster oven, stove, fridge and powerful ceiling fan.
If you're looking for tranquility, serenity in a jamaican setting away from the tourist scene you will feel relaxed and safe here. Sue is a great host and goes out of her way to make you feel comfortable. I highly recommend the Judy House.

."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of September 2008

the judy house in negril

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"this was my 5 time to negril in 7 years and i can gladly say that the judy house will be where i return to when i go back .

i had 15 friends staying at misc. places in negril for a wedding .

i took my girlfriend with me for her first jamacia visit and we both visted all of the resorts and rooms they stayed at and agreed we had the best overall place."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of August 2008

Lush, private, ur own home in Jamaica

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"These cottages are the best value for money you can get in Negril. Private, away from the hustle of the beach and tourist area but close enough so you can easily get anywhere in minutes, up on a hill, secluded, this is your own peaceful retreat in Jamaica. The cottage is comfortable, with all amenities, and Sue, the owner, will accommodate any (reasonable) request. It truly feels like your own nest and you are free to enjoy Jamaica in the comfort and privacy of a lush tropical garden. Big ceiling fan to cool you down, mosquito nets, TV, CD player, WiFi, fridge, shower bathroom, small gas stove, and all you need to make this comfortable and cozy.
Walking distance to main road down the hill and within easy access to beach, cliff side, or downtown (local taxis or car if you rent one).

Highly recommended for independent travelers who enjoy discovering and like privacy and comfort without ostentation.
I visited twice in July and went back to this cottage, even referring to it as "my cottage up on the hill" to friends."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of August 2008

absolutely perfect

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"My daughter and myself stayed at the Judy House in April of this year and would very definitely love to return, as this truly is a beautiful place in every way.
The cabins are clean, comfortable and pretty, set in the relaxing seclusion of a gorgeous garden.
There is everything you could need, including a front veranda and patio at the back. Sue and Ricky are welcoming, helpful and wonderful hosts.
The sea and amenities are just 5 minutes walk down the hill through a friendly and relaxed local community.
I would recommend the Judy House to anyone wanting a genuine Jamaican holiday experience away from the tourism of the resorts."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of July 2008

Better than any hotel, a real gem.

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"My wife and i stayed in the Judy house in April for 2 weeks and this was by far the best trip to Negril we have had to date.
The Judy house is just what you need to relax and unwind and enjoy the local culture.
Set in beautiful gardens this log cabin has all that you need to enjoy your vacation, kitchen, walkin shower and bathroom and a good sized bedroom, in the back there is a private patio with table and chairs and a sun lounger. The best part for me was the porch at the front, with a view of the beautiful garden and its natural surrounding's, on more than a few occasion's i fell asleep outside on the porch, relaxation at it's very best.
Ricky and Sue are the Perfect host's and will give you all the help and info you need during your stay.
The local people are just great, very friendly and accomadating, if they haven't got what your looking for, they will find someone who has. You are treated as part of the community and not as a tourist which makes your trip effortless and more enjoyable.
Call in at any of the shops on the lane for any essentials that you may need, have a chat and a drink they are really nice people.
My wife and i have visited Negril quite a few times now and this was the first time we went self catering, and what a difference it made. I just wish we had made the break from the big hotels sooner. Sitting on your hotel beach complex, you could be anywhere in the world, but staying here in the judy house and it's beautifull surroundings give's you a slice of what most people never experience while on holiday.
Pop down to Miyard, a great place to meet other people and dance the night away, the food is just great and they have the Best DJ in Town.
Sue has an internet cafe down on the front so you can keep in touch with world as you need to, or you can take your own with you as the Judy house has its own internet connection.
My wife and i have made many new friends whilst on our visit and hopefully it won't be too long before we see them again. When we go back to Negril there is only one place we will be staying and thats the Judy house, our little slice of parradise.
Wishing we were there,
Benny and Sam"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of July 2008

Just like home.

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"I lived in Negril for many years and would never settle for a large hotel. The Judy House was just perfect. It is rural, but close to all amenities. It is cosy, but has all the modern conveniences one would desire.

All this, as well as a wonderful hostess. I'd definitely stay there again."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of June 2008