Jackie's on the Reef

West End Rd Westmoreland, Negril Jamaica

Good

Spiritual awakening

"Jackie's in a few words: Rustic, Natural, Spiritual, Breathtaking, Serene, Rejevenating, Detoxifying. All that and then some...

Body Treatments (Amazing Herbal Body Scrub w/facial and reflexology treatment & soothing Massage) were steps away from the ocean. I was lulled to sleep and awakened each morning by the rythms of the ocean crashing against the reef. Everything here is what every soul needs to reconnect with their mind, body and spirit. If feel a need to get away from it all, listen to your inner voice, commune with nature, or are experiencing a major life transition, Jackie's is THE place to go. I'll definitely be back.

Much love to Jackie and their beautiful staff."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of May 2004

Jackies on the Reef Heaven & Healing on Earth

"Jackie's is a very special place where you can go to be nutured and awaken your soul.There is a beautiful healing aura at this property. Although I did not stay at Jackies I recieved two spa treatments and attended a few morning yoga classes. The first treatment I had was a facial and body scrub. It began with a natural herbal mask applied to my face. Then I was lovingly escorted to a natural pool carved out of rock on the cliffs and soaked au natural in the glorious sea water.These natural pools are provided with sea water when the waves rush in. The body scrub was next. This wonderful healing woman escorted me to a bed by the sea where she gently cleansed my body with an herbal scrub. She then tied some herbal branches together to form a small broom which she soaked in wonderfully hot water and cleansed the scrub off my skin. I loved the treatment so much that I decided to come the following day for a Reiki session. Saeyna McBean was my Reiki practioner. Saeyna is a special person you can feel love and healing which radiates from her the moment you meet her. She asked me what I knew about Reiki and I told her that I was aware of the meridians in the body from which energy is channeled and or blocked. She then gently escorted me to the glorius bed by the sea where I had my body scrub the day prior. She asked me to lye on my back and to begin relaxing with my breathe. I gently closed my eyes and went into my yoga breathing. She then layed her hands over my body. When she got down to my feet my body began to tremble. The vibration subsided and she asked me to turn over and lye on my stomache. Again she placed her hands over me and when she got to my feet my body again began to tremble and I began to weep like a little girl. It was the kind of crying you did when you were little to release the pain and when you were done crying you felt all better.Through out my weeping Sayena was my guide and my crutch. She told me that it was ok , that it wasn't my fault, that I had been holding this in since I was a little girl and to release and let it go. I cried and cried until I soaked the sheet on the bed. I was having an emotional release. Although Sayena did not physically touch me, though out my emotional release I felt as if Sayena was lovingly cradleing me in her arms and stroking me as if I was her own little girl in pain. The session ended when the crying subsided and I gently rolled onto my side. I did suffer a childhood trauma and I believe that I was releasing the pain that I had blocked out many years ago in order to protect myself emotionally. After my session with Sayena I did continue to release pain by crying over the next few days. But this experience has changed my life. I feel contented, happier, lighter and more complete than I ever have. I see the world differently,colors are brighter, my senses are sharper and my soul is at peace. Reiki is a very powerful healing, but one must be emotionally and spiritually ready for this. If you read the review"Beware the Reiki" you must take into consideration that perhaps this individual was not ready for this experience. Reiki does change your life. It raises unresolved issues for you and helps to heal by allowing you to feel, face and overcoming them. The individual in the other review said she was left feeling unbalanced, maybe the reiki brought up an issue that she does not want to accept and or she unable to face at this time. I am sure Sayena will pray that her peace is restored as will I. Namaste."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of April 2004

Beware the Reiki

"The setting is beautiful, the food delicious, the guests warm and friendly, the staff accomodating. I had an incredible time until the last day when I had a disastrous Reiki session, which was described as an "energy balance," but was in fact a psychic reading. The practitioner, SaEnya McBean, told me some very detailed and upsetting things, then abruptly ended the session with me feeling quite unbalanced. This was not Reiki, by any description I have seen. Before this, I would have wholeheartedly recommended Jackie's, but now I would think twice before telling anyone to go there. If you do, be wary of the manager's hard sell of the spa services--they schedule you for a massage on your first day, before even telling you how much it will add to your bill. And take the spirituality with a grain of salt. The experiences there can be wonderful and enriching, but they can also leave you vulnerable."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of April 2004

Magical, Spiritual Upliftment

"Unbelievable. My visit to Jackie's was my first trip out of the country by myself. I was a little nervous about traveling alone. I soon discovered that I had nothing to worry about. Jackie takes care of you from the moment your plane lands. My driver was paging me at the airport before I got through Immigration! Once I arrived at Jackie's I was startled and lulled at the same time by the beauty of the natural landscaping. The sunsets were absolutely inspiring and the ocean crashing against the reef lulled me to sleep at night. Morning Yoga and Meditation awakened my senses each day and the food was magnificent. The staff was so wonderful and accommodating. The spa treatments are heavenly. I highly recommend the body scrub!I left Jackie's feeling at peace and centered. I'm planning another trip to Jackie's in December. It will be an annual sojourn for me!"

• Travel date: Fri 26th of March 2004

AAAAHHHHHHH

"Jackies was a wonderful experience and I can't say enough about the staff and the surroundings. The food was delicious and healthful. If you're looking for the Ritz, this isn't the place for you, but if you're looking to get away, relax and clear your head in a beautiful and restful place...you've got to go. The only thing that could use some work is the stateside reservations and communications process which tended to make me a little uneasy. Other than that--you're in for an exquisite vacation!"

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of February 2004

Found Serenity

"Spent six days at Jackie's in late November 2002. I have visited Jamaica many times but this was the most relaxing and peaceful place I have visited. Jackie was an elegant and gracious hostess. The accommodations are simple but the simplicity brings harmony to the stay. Would return."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of February 2004

Awesome experience

Good

"Jackie's on the reef is a phenomenal place. If you truly want to relax,connect with your spirit and revitalize your body, this is it. I went only for a day trip and enjoyed the body salt scrub. It was so much more than a salt scrub. From head to toe you are awakwened with so many layers of natural oils, herbal soakings and fresh ocean water.
This place is a must. I plan on retruning for a long weekend. All I can say is it's amazing. The rooms are beautifully decorated. I am not one for going without AC and a hot tub but this place has a natural wind that is so cooling and the natural oceanside tub is magnificent. I would highly recommend this place for singles or couples looking to rejuvenate."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of July 2003

Free to Flower

"Every minute at Jackie's reminded me that life is to be lived in tranquility, in harmony with the elements, and most of all enjoying yourself. The setting sang to all of my senses. The food was lovingly prepard and served. The treatments were luxurious and the service was excellent. I hope to return there soon. Everyone needs to feel that kind of freedom. Don't take too many clothes, you won't use them.
Bathing suits, pareos, and a bathrobe (which is supplied) will just about do it. Take your stress and leave it there. You'll come back focused and knowing what next steps you need to take for you."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of June 2003

A Place Of Rest And Rejuvenation

"Incredible to believe that such a place exists. Jackie's place has a magical SOUL. Had a stubborn gum infection
that cleared within one day on the hotel grounds.

I am indebted to Ms. Lewis for welcoming me in such a simple, extraordinary, elegant and nurturning way.

On arrival her guests receive a massage. It is the only way to arrive after flying and the overland drive through the incredibly verdant Jamaican countryside. And Jackie knows this. In fact Ms Lewis seems to know a lot about welcoming and healing.

This is a must visit if for nothing more than the healing views at sunrise, sunset and beneath the waves of her incredible reef which she freely shares with divers."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of December 2002

Hotels near Jackie's on the Reef

Stayed at Jackie's on the Reef? Share your insight.

Jackie's on the Reef is also called

• Jackies On The Reef Negril