Hidden Paradise Resort Hotel

Norman Manley Blvd, Negril Jamaica

Great time

"This was our ninth year to stay in Jamaica. Wehave stayed at very expensive and cheap. I looked on the internet for a good, reasonable place to stay.
We arrived on a wed and left the next fri. We had a great time, met many more residents than we have ever in our other visits. The breakfast were wonderful.
The service was very good and we really enjoyed our stay. As a matter of fact we are returning on
Feb. 8, 2006 and staying until Feb17 of Feb. Can't wait. The owner is doing a great job with the landscape and working on renovating more rooms.
If you are looking for a secure,safe, reasonable place to stay go to Hidden Paradise. We are
soon coming.,
I read the e-mail of the young woman, her good looking life guard husband and her beautiful son. I was also responsible for spoiling him.

Susan Willis"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of January 2006

Loved Hidden Paradise Hotel

"Just returned from a week at the Hidden Paradise Hotel and I couldn't have asked for a more relaxing time. The staff were so wonderful to our group. The beach was just across the street and we had coffee and breakfast at Mama Flo's (hello, Ms. Joy) while watching the waves hit the beach every morning. The grounds at the hotel were lush and beautiful. The flowers made a tropical backdrop while sunning at the pool, which seemed as if it were set in the country for the mountains were in the distance. Everything needed was either within walking distance or a short cab ride away. Alfred's was just a short walk down the beach, as were local artisans where I bought beautiful gifts for friends at home. The staff made me feel so safe, and would even offer to walk me to the beach or the local market if I at all felt unsafe. Ms. DelRose kept my room neat and clean, and she even left fresh cut flora on my porch table. I couldn't have painted a more serene picture if I had tried. Thank you to all of the people I met at the Hidden Paradise Hotel. I will be back, with more friends and family!"

• Travel date: Sun 10th of July 2005

Peaceful

"Just spent a week at Hidden Paradise and was very pleased upon my arrival. Having been a little nervous as not having booked a hotel in Jamaica on the internet, used to be a travel agent!!! This is a fantastic smallproperty. The rooms are clean with a/c, ceiling fan (which was never turned off), fridge and cable (husband is a football addict). Having been to Negril before but stayed at Grand Lido it was nice to get out and see the real negril, spent most days walking the length of the beach down into the town and having lunch.

The service at the hotel is great. We were on the B&B plan, after our first morning of going to the pool restaurant for breakfast, the next 6 days they brought our breakfast to our room without us asking.

The only downside was that the room we were in the walls were very thin and could hear everything from our neighbours room (trust me when I say everything). But they were only there our first two days."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of March 2005

Good Value!

Good

"We stayed at Hidden Paradise Jan.24, 2005 for one week. The staff were great. Always happy to help. The rooms were clean with a/c that worked and hot water. House keeping did a great job. Fresh towels, floors swept and mopped and flowers were left daily. Towels aren't plentiful, so if you like more than one, I suggest you bring some of your own. The small fridge was great to have to keep your beverages nice and cold!! Keep in mind that you're not staying at a 5 star hotel. You pay for what you get. If you are looking for a resort style place to hang out for the day, Hidden Paradise isn't for you. If you are looking for clean, affordable accomodations to sleep in, then I highly recommend this hotel.

Mama Flo's restaurant is across the street on the beach side; a mere 2 minute walk. The food is good and reasonably priced. However, don't go there in a hurry. Service was very slow. Once again it's a trade off; good priced food with not so great service.

I recommend you take a taxi into town and do a little grocery shopping. Get your water, pop, rum, beer etc. there. It is MUCH cheaper than on the beach and as I mentioned, the fridge in the room keeps these things cold.
A very good restaurant with wonderful prices and service is Mom's Place. It's about a 5 minute walk down the beach. You won't be disappointed!

A little word of advice: don't leave any sort of food or drink open in the room. It will takes only a few minutes for these little ants to swarm the open food/beverage. And...the little things bite!! Once we learned this lesson, there were no ant problems.

We didn't use the pool at all. The beach and ocean are awesome. It was no problem to go down the beach and use other hotels facilities; pool, lounge chairs etc. Also, you MUST go to the cliffs (West Negril). Once again we had no problem going to another hotel and using their facilities. You can jump off the cliffs and snorkel right there. No need to pay for one of the snorkel trips because snorkelling off the cliffs is as good as it gets.

We really enjoyed our vacation in Negril and will be returning next year."

• Travel date: Fri 11th of March 2005

Pleasant little hideaway

Good

"My husband, infant son and I just returned from an 8 day stay (2/8/05-2/15/05) at Hidden Paradise Hotel. The hotel had lovely, well tended grounds, although it did not look as shown on the internet. The rooms were large, clean and simply furnished with good, strong hot water whenever we needed it. Water pressure was a little low but since I have been to Negril 6 times and know that hot water is usually a problem at most hotels but to my surprise it was plentiful. The A/C, ceiling fan and cable tv worked as they should and a mini fridge was provided with the room. Other than food the only additional charge was for the safe deposit box which was $3 U.S. per day plus a $50 U.S. deposit. The staff were for the most part friendly, they spoiled our son shamelessly, the manager was visible and accesible, eager to offer conversation or handle your every request quickly and efficiently. The standout of the hotel for me was the breakfasts...I wish we had chosen the breakfast plan since we winded up eating breakfast there everday as each days' breakfast was as outstanding as the first. We were greeted with a pot of Blue Mountain coffee, orange juice and fresh fruit before we had our main course (several choices were offered as well as the cook would fix anything you even hinted at) while we chatted with other hotel guests and enjoyed the view of the Great Morass. If I had one complaint it would be that the beachside was not as well tended as the garden side, it should have been cleaned daily (which it was not) and the staff at Mama Flo's restaurant were not attentive at all. The food was reasonably priced and tasty but service at the bar and restaurant left a little to be desired. Overall, I would chose to stay here again as the pluses far outweighed the minuses."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of February 2005

Truly a hidden Paradise

Good

"we have just returned from 18 days at hidden Paradise.the property is exactly as described on the net.The grounds are beautiful,the rooms are always clean,the staff are all outstanding.Any problem is quickly fixed.I recommend taking the breakfast with your room.This is a family run hotel and it sure shows.The hotel is affilated with Moma Flo;s resturant which is directly on the beach,just across the road from Hidden Paradise.we ate there many times and i highly recommend it .The airport pickup is a great deal and well organized.I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a laid back enjoyable,well priced holiday location.We will be returning next year hopefully for a month."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of February 2005

BEST SERVICE IN NEGRIL

"This was my second stay there. It was great. All the people who worked there were friendly and nice. MaMa Flo's was the best food cooked on that stretch of beach. I would and will return over and over. The rooms were kept clean and breakfast was ready when we were ready."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of August 2004

Will Definitely Return to Hidden Paradise

"Hidden Paradise is definitely a breath of fresh air. It's a smaller property on Norman Manley Blvd (right across the street from the beach), which means it's quieter and more intimate. The room was clean and well furnished. Included in my room was a fridge, phone and cable tv (there is a safe in the room, $3.00 extra per day). Breakfast was also included in my rate and it was the best meal of the day for me.
The pool was kept clean and there is a bar right alongside, where I enjoyed many breakfasts. Great central location on the strip. Friendly staff. Highly recommend Hidden Paradise."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of September 2003

Left after one night

"The hotel did not pick us up at the airport as planned, so we were stranded and had to get our own transportation. When we finally arrived, the room and the property were not at all what we expected but we decided to overlook the transportation issue and stay. We had also paid to have breakfast included while we were there. The first morning we went up to where breakfast was supposed to be served (we had ordered the night before) only to be told that they didnt have our order, and that breakfast couldn't be made for over an hour - even though we were there at the time we were told to go. The kitchen staff told us to go for a walk and come back later for breakfast. We went for a walk alright, down the street until we found a new hotel. We immediately returned and checked out. Please save yourselves the trouble and pay a little bit more to stay somewhere else."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of September 2003

They Named It Correctly

"oh my god...hidden paradise,is just that...what a nice place to stay...and clean too...and accessible to everything.....i had an awesome time...the pool in the back is up off the ground and way cool...the place is so clean....the staff is very friendly....and i will definetly go back and stay here..."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of May 2003

Hotels near Hidden Paradise Resort Hotel

Stayed at Hidden Paradise Resort Hotel? Share your insight.

Hidden Paradise Resort Hotel is also called