About Couples Tower Isle

• shuttle bus service
  • free airport transportation
  • hot tub
  • free shuttle or taxi services
  • tennis court
  • swimup bar
  • diving
  • adult pool

Good
Good

Wonderful holiday in jamaica

Reviewed Tue 12th of May 2009

"My husband and I are big Bob Marley and Reggae fans and are celebrating our Pearl wedding anniversary this year, so chose to go to Jamaica and stay at the Riu Club hotel Ocho Rios. This hotel is huge and we weren't sure if we would get the quality we were expecting, but we did.

The rooms were nicely decorated and clean, with both a ceiling fan, plus air conditioning. They also have a free minibar, optics with Vodka, Rum, Gin & Whiskey, plus a free safe for your passports & valuables. The fridge contains bottled water, both diet and normal coca cola, an orange pop of sorts, tonic and soda water. There are ice machines on certain levels in the blocks. Information can be found on the pamphlets in your room.

The food was very good with a number of restaurants on site, which you had to book on the day you wanted to attend. This was a bit of a hassle because you had to queue early to book and most people started queuing at about 7am, but the booking desks didn't open until 8am. Also people were allowed to book for others in their party as long as they knew their room numbers. This meant that you could get to the front of the queue, only to be told there were no more early 'sittings' left only the late ones at 9pm, which meant missing some of the entertainment, or if you are like me and don't like eating late, you would have queued for nothing. We wouldn't have minded so much but one day I had been in the queue since 7:15am and there were only about ten or twelve people in front of me. When it was my turn, I was told there were only late bookings left. I asked how could this be as there had not been many people in front of me and was told that one person had booked for 18 peolpe, who were probably all still in their beds. I
complained and as I was only booking for two of us, they let us in the early sitting. This could be resolved by only allowing people to book for up to 4 or 6 people at a time and also letting the queue know when the early sittings were full, giving us the opportunity to either leave the queue or stay put. At the steak restaurant, one waiter said that if we wanted to come again, just tell him on the day and he will take your room number and book you in so no more queuing. We did this once and tipped him nicely for it.

By the way, take plenty of small money for tips as it is expected, especially by some bar staff who can be a bit slow at serving you or give you meager amounts of shots if not tipped, even though we have paid via All Inclusive.

Another issue was that the room fridge was supposed to be topped up every two days. On our third day when it hadn't been topped up and we were low on water, I rang reception to ask for more. I was told that it was only supposed to be replaced every two days, but when I explained that it was our third day and nothing had been replaced, I received an apology and water was sent to our room within half an hour. This happened throughout our two week stay with our fridge only being topped up once, the other times we had to ask. After one such time, someone really topped it up, leaving six beers on top of the two already there, only for someone to come and remove two another day???? These things were resolved quickly and although we shouldn't have had to keep asking, it is not a reflection on the hotel as a whole and did not spoil our holiday.

The entertainment was superb with the animation team working hard to get holiday makers involved in day time activities such as volleyball, socca, reggae lessons aerobics and fun & games, then putting on a really good different show every night. These people never seemed to moan, always had time for you and were really fit. I can say that by far this was the best entertainment I have seen at any hotel I've stayed in and it was towards the end of the second week before they started to repeat any of the performances. The reggae bands were also good. The only entertainment I was not happy with was a man who balanced things on his head or face. He was quite good until he tied his young daughter (she looked under 12 months old)to a chair with what looked like a scarf, the lifted her up and balanced the chair with her on it on his head. What with the noise from the audience & music , cameras flashing, the poor kid looked terrified. I don't know where the health & safety was in that.

Location - It is situated about 15 minutes drive from the town and some of the sightseeing attractions, on a beautiful coconut palm tree sandy beach with clear turquoise waters - paradise. Local attractions are Dunn's River Falls, Dolphin Cove and Mystic Mountain. The trip to Bob Marley's mausoleum was about an hour or two through some beautiful countryside with reggae music all the way there and back - a must for devout fans. We found a hut just 2 mins down the beach outside the hotel boundary, that sold the same trips as the holiday rep and cheaper. In fact they are the same company that the rep books with anyway (Chukka Tours), so you are just cutting out the middle man. As Dunn's river falls was not far, we actually took a taxi there ourselves and paid the entrance fee on arrival. This was much cheaper as if you walk outside the gates of the hotel, turn left and walk slowly, a taxi will eventual stop and ask where you want to go. Negotiate a price for a return journey. we travelled for $10 return to Dunn's and Ocho town on separate occasions for the two of us, whereas the shuttle to Ocho from the hotel want $12 each. Just make sure, the taxi has a burgundy red number plate and they usually have their company name written on the side. Our driver showed us his license and gave us his mobile number for further trips. He was full of interesting local information and was always on time.

Also on the beach just outside the hotel border there are a few 'stalls'that sell most of the same souvenirs that you will find in Ocho town and at the market stalls that set themselves up outside the main buffet area in the hotel a few evenings a week, only they are much cheaper and very friendly, although you may get hassled a little to buy or have your hair braided, plus a few men on the beach will ask if you want to but ganja. Just tell them 'No' firmly but politely and they will not bother you. Here you can buy Bob Marley and Jamaica T. shirts, jewellery, wood carvings, sarongs, Rasta hats & wigs etc. Also you can haggle a good price. If you do go shopping in Ocho Rios, the flea markets there can be a little overwhelming as you are constantly hassled to look at the stalls - which are all the same really. The shops are better, although they will follow you around trying to sell you things and watch out for the 'barman' who will claim to have served you the previous night. They look for your all inclusive bands and try to act as if they work at the hotel and know you. If you are looking to buy some gold jewellery and there is a lot of nice Tanzanite out there, then Gems Palace in Ocho town right at the far end is the cheapest. They also sell a few souvenirs and their bottled packs of sauces were the cheapest in town, plus you can haggle a lower price again. The duty free shops were quite expensive.

If it is cigarettes and alcohol you are after, I found out too late that it is much cheaper at the airport, even after you have haggled your price in the shops. Oh and they much prefer to have American Dollars than Jamaican. Even the trips from the rep were priced in American Dollars or British pounds, although we did pay in Jamaican on the beach.

Talking about the airport, on arrival from Britain, it took us about 1 and a half hrs to get through customs. The airport was very hot so it may be wise to have layers of clothing that can be easily removed, some water and a hand held battery operated fan. make sure you fill in the required forms on the plane with no mistakes, otherwise you will have to fill them in again on arrival.

Jamaica Jamaica, oh I wish I was back there.

• Travel date: Sun 10th of May 2009

Clubhotel Riu Ocho Rios

Reviewed Wed 29th of April 2009

"Gorgeous hotel and location. Loved it, enjoyed everyday of our 2 weeks there. The food and drinks were very good. The themed restaurants, which you have to book, were excellent. Get them booked first thing in the morning at the start of the holiday, as tables get taken up quickly.
Our room was great with a separate sitting area, which overlooked the pool and beach.
Saw a bit of rain, but did not last long, apart from that beautiful weather, the odd overcast day.
The beach and sea are gorgeous and not packed. The pools were nice, one quieter than the other.
Went on a few trips to Mr Motivator's house and did the zip wires and quad biking. Great fun.
Long trip to the Blue Mountains, where you are driven up there and then you cycle back down.
Boat trip, where they served lots of rum punch - gets you very drunk!
Helicopter ride above Ocho Rios.
All in all an excellent holiday, would definitely go back there again. Riu Hotels are of a very high standard."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of April 2009

Were should i start: CLub Hotel Rui (Och...

Reviewed Wed 20th of August 2008

"Were should i start: CLub Hotel Rui (Ocho Rios, Jamaica) is a great hotel.

Me and my cousin wanted a nice girly hoilday so we decided on this hotel, we booked with thomson and got a package deal which was worth the money....

On arrival at the airport: When we got to Gatwick we did not have to queue up we checked straight (when you book a package deal with thomson you get premium seat which means no queueing) the flight was 8hrs I have to amite this is the best flight i have had, the thomson air hostess were very friendly, the seat were actually comfortable, to be honnest the food was NOt bad.

On arrival to montgo bay airport we got are lauagge and got on the transfer coach very quickly, are thomson rep anthoney was very friendly, polite, perfessional not to mention cute :-0) It was a straight drive from the airport to our hotel which took about 1hr 30mins, the scenery on the was to the hotel is amazing... you spend so much time looking at the scenary that you forget about the time.

There was a few problems with the check in but it eventually got sorted out.... Ou room was spaceious and clean, we had a few problems with the maids but once we spoke to the management it was sorted out very quickly.

Food: You will never go hungery there is a lot to choice from, the only down side on the food was that there was not much jamaican food :-0(

Staff: The bartenders Kevon a.k.a kool kat, Jason a.k.a berry, marlon, tremaine, alie, Dwayne, cash money, the water sports staff richi, doniell, strech, mr bigs, and the entertainment guys rohane and jerome they are the best, they made my holiday what it was (great.)They are friendly, funny they had me laughing so much i was in tears

Me and my cousin did no do any excurtions but next time we well, but we did go out side of the hotel to dunns rive, margarita vile, kigston, spanish town we even got to see artist like beenie man and bounty killer perform which was one of the high lights of the holiday, going out side the hotel was great but if you do be careful, at night time dont go out by your self.

Over all we had fun... so much fun we are going back in september :-0)"

• Travel date: Wed 20th of August 2008

Food very poor, great choice but cooked...

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2007

"Food very poor, great choice but cooked badly. Not much for kids to do, kids club really for toddlers. Entertainment gets boring and repetitive especially second week when you’ve seen them all.

Exchange rate at hotel a joke and everything priced in dollars American but you can’t change your money for American only Jamaican.

Don’t up grade your rooms, only difference between standard and junior suite is a sofa, iron and Jacuzzi bath that stinks when used.

This is the first Thomson holiday been on and it will be last usually use First Choice and never had a problem, kids love them to."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of October 2007

I stayed in the Riu Ocho Rios in May thi...

Reviewed Fri 28th of September 2007

"I stayed in the Riu Ocho Rios in May this year. It is a brilliant hotel and after seeing some of the other hotels in the area I realised I definitely made the right choice.

The rooms were always kept nice and cool by the ceiling fan. The AC was not needed to often but if you open you balcony door it will automatically turn the air con off.

Staff were very friendly. Take a lot of dollar bills with you, a small tip is greatly appreciated.

The sports bar does smell a little but it is nice and cool down there and you have the chance to make your own snack. Nice place to go just before the evening entertainment starts.

I only visited one of the a la carte restaurants while I was there which was the steak house! very nice!! The food was just so good in the buffet restaurants we didn’t get the chance to go to any of the other a la carte. After the nightclub closes, the Italian is still open.

The reception will exchange money for you but I found the commission to be quite high.

Your rep will accept your traveller’s cheques and take no commission. People come in to the lobby and sell crafts etc a few times during the week, they will also accept the travellers cheques just make sure you take your passports with you.

I travelled with Thomson Holidays and I was impressed. I used to work for the company and I have to admit I’ve never been very impressed with their flights however, the aircraft they used had been newly refurbished and now had better leg room and seat back televisions. An enjoyable flight.

The journey from airport to the hotel is about 2 hours max! All road works had finished in May by the looks of it! Fab hotel and Fab location! Sandals next door looked very shabby in comparison! Well worth the money! beach is magnificent.

Definitely visit Dunns River Falls and if you like horses go for a ride on the beach (your rep can organise these for you)

Jamaica is beautiful! I was here for a week and I realise now that I should have booked for 2! you can do everything in a week however you may find getting used to the time difference difficult.

Overall this hotel deserves an excellent review!"

• Travel date: Fri 28th of September 2007

This was my first experience on an all-i...

Reviewed Sat 28th of July 2007

"This was my first experience on an all-inclusive vacation and I must say it was a wonderful experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Everything you need is right there on the resort.

The beach, 3 swimming pools and plenty of food. There are several restaurants that require reservations for dinner, so go down early if interested. Also if you are interested in any excursions, those must be booked the day before because they generally leave pretty early. We didn't take the children. They may have had children activities, but it was a romantic time for me and my husband.

The rooms were very nice and clean and the grounds were very well maintained.

I would definitely return.

• Travel date: Sat 28th of July 2007

Fantastic hotel don’t believe any nega...

Reviewed Sun 29th of April 2007

"Fantastic hotel don’t believe any negative reviews.

The complex is very big but the only place where it gets crowded is Showtime in the evenings.

Plenty of choice of restaurants at all meal times.

Staff are very friendly rooms are very clean.

I’ve stayed in lots of hotels and this was by far one of the best!"

• Travel date: Sun 29th of April 2007

Flight is long but the staff and service...

Reviewed Tue 28th of November 2006

"Flight is long but the staff and service were good.

Excellent hotel, staff cannot do enough for you. No problem is too big for them to help with. Food and service is brilliant in all the different restaurants. The French restaurant is especially good but must be booked in advance.

Lots of activities included in the price all worth trying. Good to get away from the children, fantastic atmosphere.

Rooms nice and spacious and are fully cleaned and bedding changed daily. Nice welcoming touch in rooms of wine and chocolates.

One trip which is not included but well worth the money is swimming with dolphins. An experience not to be missed.

Have booked again for next year already, with a view to going again in future years.

• Travel date: Tue 28th of November 2006

We have just returned from our honeymoon...

Reviewed Thu 9th of February 2006

"We have just returned from our honeymoon where we had the most amazing time. You can either relax by the pool or sea all day or make the most of the fantastic watersports facilities.

We were lucky enough to be at Couples while they celebrated their 28th anniversary and were knocked out by the amazing party laid on for us. All of the staff work together to make sure you have the most amazing stay and the food is fantastic although not as traditional Jamaican as we expected.

If you do feel the need to leave the hotel there are plenty of excursions which are either free or if you wish to do something special it can be arranged for a very good price. All in all we had a fantastic time and would recommend this to anyone who likes the idea of a break where anything is pretty much possible."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of February 2006

Jamaican Honeymoon. Arriving at Mo Bay...

Reviewed Wed 31st of March 2004

"Jamaican Honeymoon.

Arriving at Mo Bay airport we booked our transfers at the Couples desk and were whisked to a waiting minibus (via two porters and two expensive tips…. (tipping can be a bit of a problem in Jamaica)) for onward transport to Ochos Rios. We are the only people in the bus.

Ohos Rios lies less than 50 miles from Montego Bay and so I was interested to find out why the transfer was due to take 2 hours. I wish I had remained in blissful ignorance of the reasons. The roads in Jamaica are not good and indeed many are hard to describe as "roads" at all. Couple this with drivers who think that 70mph on a single track, bumpy, winding road is too slow and you begin to get a feeing of the white knuckle ride that we are taking. Overtaking on bends or uphill is not for the feint-hearted. It is dark and we have passed three road accidents…. STOP!!… yuck, too late. We’ve just hit a dog with a blood-sickening thud and the driver is totally unphased - "is a wild one, mon, no problem!" says our driver - I think we have a problem though. The only consolation is that the Jamaicans "drive" on the left - well, notionally anyway!

I begin to get a bad feeling about what is to come….

My husband keeps telling me not to worry - after all we have researched this holiday well (albeit after booking it!) and if expectations are to be met this place better get better - and fast!

Our bus turns off the road and into…. Wow! Look at that. We have left the barren roads and are now surrounded by lush tropical gardens, in front of us is the hotel - Couples, Ochos Rios - wow! Things are looking up!

We are greeted at reception (it is about 10pm) with a glass of champagne and given some forms to fill in while our room is allocated. Couples could brush up on their act here though as the initial impression is spoiled somewhat by the receptionist assuming that we know what documentation is required for check-in. I, wrongly, assume that they would want the forms we had just filled in together with a passport. No, they want our immigration cards, our hotel voucher (whatever that was) and our credit card. This last request makes me slightly uneasy as the resort was described as an ultra-all inclusive, i.e. all food, drink, sports, entertainment and excursions are included and no tipping is allowed - what do they want the card for then. We are both too tired to argue…

A very helpful porter shows us to our room. It is on the 5th floor of the main building, facing the ocean. Having had the experience with the porters at the airport we are prepared to tip the porter but no sooner has he shown us where the air con is he has gone! The no tipping policy must work.

We have been up since 4am this morning UK time and it is now 10.40pm Jamaican time making it 3.40am UK time. We are bushed! Still, best get some food while we can. Tonight is the beach party night so we head to the beach, saving the unpacking for later, to grab some food. Just in time! The chefs are all on the beach cooking all manner of traditional Jamaican food and are about to clear away but we are rapidly found a table by a member of staff and help ourselves to the buffet. We are so tired that we really don’t know what we are eating or how good it tastes… it's just food then off to bed…but not before hanging out our request for breakfast for delivery at 10am…..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Knock, knock…. Eh? What? It's only 8am, who could it be? We go to the door to find our breakfast outside - I could have sworn we asked for a 10am delivery… still we’re awake now.

For the first time we look outside. The sun is shining although it is very cloudy. Our view across the ocean though is fantastic. We look right out onto Tower Isle, Couples very own au naturel island (we're not going there!). Below us is a lawned area with a wedding gazebo and we can look straight down the beach! The beach doesn’t look too big but first breakfast. Fresh fruit platter, natural yoghurt, pastries, cereal, fruit juice and Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee… life is just swell.

Breakfast over with it's time to explore.

The Couples resort is a self-contained complex and, as it's name implies, it is a couples only resort with all age ranges represented from 20s through to 60s. Couples is frequented mainly by people from the USA and Canada although it is getting more popular with us Brits. There was one German couple there too who had won the holiday (lucky wot-nots). It is an ultra-all-inclusive resort which basically means forget your money and get on with having a good time. The only extras are treatments in the beauty salon, extra trips if you want them and the gift shop.

So, doesn’t sound cheap? Well, it's not what you would call cheap but it is not unreasonably priced for what you get. Shop around and you can get the 2 week package for £1600 each (flights, transfers, 1 week at Ochos Rios, air transfer for one further week at Couples Negril). So, what do you get…..

Food

~~~~

This has to be the most important part of my holiday and was I spoiled! You could eat almost 24 hours a day. There were 5 restaurants ranging from a beach grill to a gourmet restaurant.

The beach grill was open the longest and served things such as hot dogs, burgers, nachos with chilli and the Jamaica speciality of jerk chicken, pork and fish. We only used this eatery for nachos on the beach - believe me it is a surreal experience!

The "main" restaurant which served breakfast, lunch and dinner was much like any other hotel buffet-style restaurant. The food quality was good and selection excellent. During lunch there were musicians playing by way of entertainment.

One of the highlights of the eating experience was the pasta restaurant which was situated on a jetty over the sea. It made for a most romantic dining experience. Then there was the Veranda restaurant, a kind of semi-formal restaurant of European Jamaican fusion.

Then, the piece de resistance had to be Le Gourmet, a French style formal restaurant. Men were required to wear long trousers and closed shoes and the ladies skirts or dress pants. The food here was divine and the piano player first class. We ate in here three times and wished we could have eaten here more (this was the only restaurant you had to book for as it is very popular). I have had many a meal in a fine restaurant which has not come up to the standards here and where I have paid in excess of £50 per person.

~~~~~

Drinks

~~~~~

Many all-inclusives are slammed because you will only be served local brand drinks. Not so here. The locals are available, and who could go to Jamaica without trying the Red Stripe Beer or the Appleton Rum, but so too were the premium brands and you didn’t have to ask for them, they were used automatically. Wine and champagne were also included which I understand also to be unusual. The wine list was particularly good - not a house wine in sight!

Being a pair of softies our favourite drink turned out to be a blended fruit punch - not a drop of alcohol in sight just pure manna from heaven - 100% pure, unadulterated tropical fruit blended with ice - perfect for those hot balmy days......

~~~~~~~~~

What to do?

~~~~~~~~~

Where do I start? Water sports were included in the price, including diving (for beginners and experts alike) as were land sports such as tennis, squash, basketball, volleyball and gym. If you are into water sports you will prefer Couples Negril as the beach and bay are better. The squash courts were excellent, glass backed and air conditioned. All equipment was provided and it was first class.

Feel like taking it easy - well there is a small pool, the beach or some jungle gardens to explore. The pool was nothing write home about although the pool area was pleasant.

The beach was also quite small, especially in comparison to Negril and there was a tendency for sea weed to build up in one corner of the beach due to quite a strong on-shore wind. The staff did keep sweeping it clean though so it wasn’t a problem. The sea was also not as calm (although by no means rough) as in Negril and seemingly not as warm. This in part was due to the reefs lying just off the coast which created a few waves when combined with the on-shore breeze. You did have a bar service on the beach though - raise your red flag and a waitress will come to take your order - be prepared to wait though… in Jamaica it's "soon come" which means see you in about an hour!

There were plenty of loungers on the beach and by the pool and no problem getting a couple no matter what time of day you ventured out. The beach was never crowded (possibly the weather - although it was still very hot?) and I never once felt packed in or regimented.

The gardens were simply beautiful. You could sit in swinging can hammocks (for two!) in the jungle or find yourself a hot tub hidden in a gazebo. One word of warning though…. hubby and I decided to lay in a hammock one night to chill out for a while. We took our favourite fruit punches with us. It was a little warm that night and we soon became restless and decided to go back in. As I re-entered the hotel the tiniest of screams escaped from my mouth…. In my punch which I had been drinking was a beetle about an inch and a half in length! Thank goodness I had been using a straw!

Fancy escaping? If you go to Jamaica personal safety should feature high on your to-do list and venturing out on your own should only really be done with caution. The hotel though takes care of this for you and there are daily trips out which are free. We went to Dunns River Falls - a must do climb of 900 feet of waterfall - yes, you really do climb up it through the water! and the Prospect Plantation where we had a historical and nature tour. Both were first class. There were also shopping trips organised although we did not go on these as we had heard that you get a lot of hassle to buy.

There were also glass bottom boat trips and a sunset cruise - well it would have been a sunset cruise had it not been thick cloud! Both were excellent!

~~~~~~~~~~

Entertainment

~~~~~~~~~~

This was fairly low key. The restaurants had live music most of the time and this was generally very good. The evening entertainment was poorly attended on the nights we passed through and didn’t seem particularly good. There were various activities throughout the day organised by the hotels ents team but these depended on people willingly participating as the staff did not coerce or force people to join in (unlike the stories you hear about Sandals ents teams).

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Accommodation

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The accommodation was hotel-style and the rooms were well appointed. You had everything that you could want. A very nice touch was that upon arrival on the bed were two towels folded into swans sitting beak to beak to form a heart shape between them.

The usual toiletries were provided but one unusual thing was that they provided aloe vera gel for use as aftersun or on insect bites. Very thoughtful!

Staff

~~~~

At Couples you will get the most attentive service you are likely to get anywhere. It may at times be slow but that is the Jamaican way. Everyone was very helpful and eager to please. At times it seemed that you couldn’t take a sip from your drink at meals without a waiter being there to top you up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Were there any moans?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, the weather…? We went all the way to Jamaica and it rained! According to the tourist brochures there is a rainy season staring in May/June through to October. We were there in April and according to the Jamaicans there is no rainy season, it rains whenever and boy, does it rain! It was still hot though and the showers rarely lasted more than a couple of hours so no problem mon!

Only other moan was that the room service breakfast always turned up at 8am no matter what time you ordered it (and if your tray was not back out by 9.30 you got a call from reception asking you where it was!)

There is just so much I could say about this hotel and all of it good. If you are looking for a first class holiday in a luxury resort you could do worse than look here. I can't wait until I get the chance to tell you all about the second week in Negril - it was very different!

What about the credit card? - it was a security measure apparently - nothing was charge to it.

Oh, yes, and what about that nude island - I couldn’t possibly comment!

• Travel date: Wed 31st of March 2004

Marriage license problems

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"My husband and I got married in Ocho Rios in July. The wedding was fantastic, literally only took 15 minutes of planning. The resort was nice (somewhat outdated) and the people were great. There were multiple power outages which were kind of a pain to deal with but overall we had a nice time. However, it is now the middle of October and I have not received my marriage license. We were told 10 to 12 weeks so I called on the 12th week and was told that was how long it took to process then it would be mailed. Mid-October I am still without a marriage license which is quite frustrating as I cannot legally change my name anywhere and we paid $150. When I call no one seems to understand my concern but it is a big deal. I would not reccommend getting married there unless you are not changing your name. I would like to report them to the better business bureau but who knows if that would help!!"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of October 2003

Loved it!

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"The only gripe we had was the transfer from the airport, as usual we end up choosing somewhere with a long un', over an hour :/ Next time we'll get a helicopter and arrive in style :)

We booked the best we could afford, *ahem, the cheapest, a mountain view room, imagine our surprise when we were shown to our 'ocean view' room. I glanced at the missus while the guy was showing us in and mouthed the word, 'shush'.

From there on in it just got better, food was great, loved the bayside restaurant, loved the fact that that 'premium drinks' meant just that.
Nice atmosphere, staff pleasant, even though you've got to remember they get paid a wage and are not supposed to accept tips, which I ignored and got better service for. I scuba dive and the lads that run it are excellent, (if you go, which you should, tell Dennis, Marcus from England said hello and hope he's keeping well). Getting the scuba lads a beer after a dive is a good idea for preferential treatment.

One minor thing, I wanted to learn to water ski but you had to be up early before the sea became, (in Curtis's words) "too choppy mon", early being 8am'ish, too early for me after a night of cocktails and local homegrown 8)

All in all a great adults only resort, would definitely go back tomorrow if the world didn't have so many other fabulous places to visit.

10/10"

• Travel date: Sun 5th of October 2003

Hotels near Couples Tower Isle

Top traveller tips for Couples Tower Isle

• curlysign by curlysign

"All in all this was a fantastic holiday, and I really didn "

Couples Tower Isle is also called