Country Country Beach Cottages

Norman Manley Blvd, Negril Jamaica

Good

A little slice of paradise in a heavenly place

"I am reluctant to post a glowing review because I want to keep this place my little secret!
Oh well, because this hotel is so wonderful and deserving of much praise, I will write this review. Check out the many photos I will include here.

After a red eye flight, my sister, her husband and I arrived at Country Country 12/26/05 around 11 am. Our room was not ready at that time. We were so exhausted! Although they told us it may be a couple of hours until we could check in, they really hustled to get our room ready for us and we were checked in at noon.

Lee is a staff member who is a "Jack-of-all-trades", and he insured that we had everything we needed our entire stay. He bent over backwards to see that we were comfortable at all times. He even hacked a coconut from the tree outside of our room so we could enjoy the sweet milk. He made sure we had an umbrella with our beach lounges every day. He used his machette to dig the hole in the sand so the wind doesn't knock it over.

The ladies at the front desk were very sweet and helpful; at breakfast, the restaurant staff was attentive. The view each morning from my breakfast table on the beach is unforgettable.

There is an orange juice man on the beach who sells fresh squeezed juice every morning - I suggest you try it - about $7US for 2 one-litre bottles.
Breakfast each day was included in the cost of the room. This was great because it gave us a chance to try the other restaurants along the beach. Lunch and dinner are, however, served at the beach restaurant at Country Country if you choose to eat there.

Yes, the beach is small, but it is so charming. They rake the sand every morning to remove any debris. Seven Mile Beach is a very active place; Margaritaville is just down the way, along with other jumping places. It was so nice to return to Country Country after a day or evening of partying and/or touring Negril; I knew I'd get the peace and quiet I was ready for at Country Country.
The security guards are attentive and will watch over you like a hawk; they keep the vendors away unless you specifically call them over to you to purchase their wares.

The entire beach and Norman manley Road are safe to walk along, even at night. I was travelling alone for the last part of my stay and I never felt threatened; but then again, this was not my first trip to Jamaica and I am comfotable there.

The rooms are rustic and comfortable. I was in the closest room to the beach, room 513. It had a King sized bed and a futon. The room had a small fridge, TV, CD Player, ceiling fan, efficient air conditioning with remote control, mosquito repellent plugged into the outlet (110volt, like in the US), a hair blow dryer, dispenser for shower gel and shampoo.
I noticed that many of the guests were from the UK, Germany and France. I guess they already know the secret of this little place.

I have included some photos of my stay and I hope they convey the wonderful charm I experienced during my stay."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of January 2006

Just what I was Looking For

"We have just come back(Dec 14) and I have to say on my 6th trip to Jamaica I have finnaly found a hotel that ticks all the boxes

Accomodation - Althought he room had not been refurbished yet, it was clean and tidy, veruy spacious. We had a lovely little cottage with veranda, table/chairs/loungers and so on. It felt like we were living in the jungle, very atmospheric!!!

Restaurant/Bar - Excellent drinks and the food was really good with a varying menue daily.

Beach - Allthough small, was very clean and no hassle from the higglers, thanks to your freindly security guards. One thing to note is that it is in shadow through ther day, a bit of shuffling with the sunbeds soon solved that one though.

Staff - Andre and Juniour, what can I say they made the holiday, very freindly very attentive and funny.

Location - You could not get any better than this, right on the beach, close to all the beach bars/restaurant but not right in the thick of it. A nice stroll along the beach was great.

No problem with walking th3e beach at night either. A few higglers but no hassle.

If you are looking for a small/freindly/clean/quaint resort then this is deffinitley for you. We have stayed at Sandels/Grand Lido before but this place nocks spots off the other places...

Loved it!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of December 2005

Country, Country... A step above the norm

"We stayed 3 nights at Country, Country - a small complex of mostly individual cottages. The rooms were much larger than most hotel rooms, the bathroom was very clean and updated (tile floors and tile around the bath/shower). Each cottage/room had an outdoor porch. Not all rooms had a view of the water & actually the beach was pretty small in width. Most of the guests stayed within the parameters of the grounds - I guess to avoid the higglers - which really aren't that bad as long as you pleasantly say no thanks. There are a few along the beach that will play a few reggae tunes for you and those selling fresh caught lobsters in the morning hours.

The facility is well cared for and the staff very pleasant. They have a bar/retaurant right on the beach. The location is great - right on 7 mile beach - you can walk to the restaurants on the beach for dinner - and there are a few notable party establishments within close proximity.

Anyway, We truly enjoyed Country, Country. We wished we'd spent more time there than the other place we stayed at."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of November 2005

Lovely, Friendly place

Good

"Just got back from a lovely, relaxing 10 days at Country Country. The whole holiday was absolutely fantastic, and I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. All the staff went out of their way to be helpful and made us feel like one of the family from the day we arrived. The fact that the place is small makes it more personal too, and our room, literally 10 steps from the beach was perfect.

The beach is really lovely, and although we were approached by salesmen regularly, they weren't aggressive in the slightest, and didn't mind too much if you said "no"!

Negril is a great place, but I'd thoroughly recommend taking a couple of trips out to see more of the country. We went on a couple of trips, and both were great. One day we spent with Ernie (becoming a bit of a legend on this web site!), and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves - he took us to some great places that we'd never have ventured to on our own, and gave us a bit of an insight into the "real" Jamaica.

A fantastic holiday, and we'd definitely go back."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of November 2005

Relax, relax

"A cottage in a beautiful garden felt like a home in the jungle. A perfect place if you want a smaller place where you can meet the friendly staff and make new friends if you want.

My wife and I loved Contry Country and will definitely visit again –
the food @ the restaurant was fresh and tasty – dinners were very romantic

Walking distance local food – entertainment, we enjoyed meeting the local people and loved “the no problem attitude”

we walked the beach in the almost everyday and night felt safe –"

• Travel date: Tue 8th of November 2005

loved it!!

Good

"We stayed for a week at Country Country The rooms were clean and tidy some were getting new ceramic floors at the time. the place was secure and very safe yet cozy and comfortable. The staff was very pleasent and attentive, all of them!!Its a small place very laid back. The food at the rest. was good but the selection was small. It allows you opportunity to venture out for something different.The beach was small uncrouded and plenty of chairs and lounges were avail. the guards keep the "salesmen" at a safe distance.I must strongly recomend that you request "Ernie" to be your driver get him to pick you up a the air port, he'll take you anywhare you please and get you anything you want..He's the best!!Ernie works out of the hotel, ask for him you won't be disappointed. The hotel is just down the beach from Jimmy Buffets if you want to get crazy. We will be returning here soon!"

• Travel date: Fri 4th of November 2005

Best Holiday we've ever had!

"The Country Country in Negril was the best holiday we have ever had and we are certainly going to return! The rustic rooms were adorable, spacious and in my view, ideal. Especially the huge, comfy bed! All the facilities were above average.

The beach itself was crystal clear and everything I hoped it would be. The security guards were friendly and very helpful and you felt totally safe. We liked the fact that nothing seemed too much trouble for any of the staff who helped us out, including when we needed to have a parasol put up, which was really refreshing.

The staff were all very friendly and knowledgable, Andre was a total star, who we consider a friend now. He told us all we needed to know about Jamaica and we told him everything he wanted to know about back home, and his "Banana Mama" rum cocktail is a force to be reckoned with!

Alicia, Lee and Junior were all brilliant too, and made us feel totally at home.

Overall, we cannot fault anything with the resort, accommodation or staff, it was all 5*! We can't wait to come back again!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of October 2005

not what expected

"This was not what we expected, We traveled with our 4 year old boy. The room was ok. Fridge did not work, They didnt serve anything until 7:30, my son was up at 6:00. Got bitten up by bugs. Food was horrible. and very expensive. They say breakfast was included, Well its not breakfast, it is a piece of toast with coffee. Toast not buttered and was cold. Only a tea kettle in the room. Did not supply enough towels. Dark and gloomy in the room. For $120.00 US dollars a night. its not worth it."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of October 2005

Nice Place

"Took my daughter for graduation present and was pleased with the choice. Rooms and staff were great! The view of the sunset is spectacular and the location is wonderful. Didn't have the problems with bugs that I read about just needed to use common sense and not take food to the room or leave drinks without a lids sitting around. Staff was very helpful and informative. Junior made the best Bloody Mary and Jamician Delights. Just make sure you have all your luggage and leave in plenty of time for your return flight. Would do it again."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of September 2005

Fantastic Hotel

"When you read the reviews below, what can I add ... just the same:
This cute just 14 room-hotel is a fantastic place to hide away and relax.
Do not expect adventure and animation teams to entertain you, thank god you won't find them at Country Country! :)
What you do find is a bunch of very nice and helpfull staff who make your stay as comfertable as possible.

Lee: Mister-cellanious, working from early in the morning till late at night.
Sherice: A naughty girl at the bar
Andre: A very responsible guy and great friend
Junior: Long handsome and friendly pouring your white wine
Carmen: Cleaning the rooms singing along (we missed her for saying good bye...)
The Gardener: Everyday without asking he put my chair at the beach at the right place with umbrella ... just for me ...
The girls of the reception: Thanks!
The Most pretty people are locked up in the kitchen, 2 boys and a girl are very good cooks
Taddy "El Jefe": keep on going man.

And last but not least: Ernie the taxi driver: Rent this guy if you want a private tour. We found some other couple and payed a very good price wich was cheaper than the excursions our agent offered us. Besides, if you rent Ernie you will have a tailormade tour and Ernie is a very responsible and good driver which can be very important for driving the crazy roads in Jamaica.
More info on Ernie:
--------------
If we ever go back, it would be for these people!

THANKS GUYS, we love you!
Anja - Cuba-Junky (The Expensive Lady)
Ed

For pictures:
----------------------------
Irie"

• Travel date: Fri 9th of September 2005

A pleasure!

"I had the pleasure of not only booking rooms at Country Country, but also working with Gabi and Monique on planning our wedding there. They were both a pleasure to correspond with. We did a lot of research when choosing our dream wedding location and felt that the Country Country cottages were the best fit. Unfortunately, we had to cancel our plans for unforeseen reasons. They gave us a full refund for our wedding package deposit and were very understanding. We are very grateful, as they did not have to do this. We cannot wait to travel there in the future and hope to celebrate many wedding anniversaries there."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of October 2016

We had a wonderful holiday at Country, C...

"We had a wonderful holiday at Country, Country. Room spacious, clean and comfortable. Two sitting areas outside in the beautiful garden.

Staff friendly and helpful, breakfast excellent, dinner and snacks very good. There are many places to eat located on the beach. We found it quite safe to walk along the beach in the evening.

The beach is stunning water clear no rocks or weed. If you are looking for a relaxing resort this is the place! Enjoy."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of July 2006

Hotels near Country Country Beach Cottages

Stayed at Country Country Beach Cottages? Share your insight.

Country Country Beach Cottages is also called