Coral Seas Garden

Norman Manley Blvd, Negril Jamaica

Good

Great Hotel staff a little slow 'but your in Jamaica'

Good

"As always I book my families Vacation through Negril One Stop which is very knowledgeable of Negril as they own property there.
This year we stayed at Coral Seas Beach Resort and it is a nice place that can use a bit of improvements. We changed rooms 3 times during our 13 night stay. We had made arrangements for a one bedroom Suite, which wasn't available our first night, so they put our party of 4 in separate rooms. The second Suite was comfortable and really nothing wrong with it, however we had hoped for the Oceanfront Suite. So Michelle from the front desk was very helpful in switching us as soon as it was available. We had that for 6 nights out of our stay and although there was no water pressure AT ALL, we compensated for the fantastic view.
Now the staff is of so friendly especially Roxy, both Ricardo's the bartender and the Security Guard along with Eloris, Latoya, Heather and Erwin.
The grounds and beach are nice, warning if staying here be prepared to waking up to a Rooster at 4:30 A.M.
All in all for the price it is worth it, and you definitely become friends from others staying at the resort. With that I want to say "Ya Man and you think" to Chantal from New Hampshire, Dave and his wife Sue along with their crazy group from Minnesota.
'We will be back down there for another two weeks same time next year, hope to see you all as well'"

• Travel date: Fri 26th of January 2007

Great place !!!

Good

"Spent 2 wks at Coral Seas and I loved it but if you are expecting a 5 star hotel don't go there. The staff is very friendly especially Roxy and Ricardo.... the best bartenders.... the food was great, I have no complaints at all. The only thing that bothered me a little was my AC....It was not working properly so they gave me a fan so I was okay with it. I really like this resort because it's at the end of the 7 mile beach (west end) and it's very quiet.

So if you're not too picky and you like small resorts and cheap too I would suggest Coral Seas Beach Resort.
Yes, expect some bugs.... they are everywhere.... which is normal for a tropical island, just bring lots and lots of repellant.

I will go back next year for sure but for 3 wks. :)"

• Travel date: Tue 9th of January 2007

All the cats dug it

"I've been going to Jamaica since the late 70's, mostly Negril. This trip my wife and I had about 6 other couples traveling with us some of which had never been , so we decided a inexpensive A/I might make it easier since tryiny to organize this group is kind of like trying to herd cats.

The limo ride from the airport was great, champaigne, cold beer welome since the last time my ride was in a 87 nisson sentra that quit running everytime we went under 10 mph

Check in was a breeze, we had the king and queen package from negril one stop, so our apartment (water front) was nice) if not a little dated. a coffee table would have been nice.

The bar was well stocked, service was great, the restaurant staff was the best, sometimes a little over welmed, but our group can do that to the most seasoned waiter. The food was much b etter than expected, nothing really fancy, but can you beat fresh red snaper and eggs for breakfast, or for lunch as a sadwich, and the lobster salad was great. It took some ime, but hey its Jamaica, you're practically on the beach and cocktails are right there, who cares?

The massaage was spictacular, we went to the cliffs property to hang out it was great, snorkreling was perfect. Samuel the hotel manager was very help ful and friendly also. All in all a perfect vacation. Our trip with Tott was perfect, 19 of us to the Pelican bar and black river, we ad lunch at Black River and had a dish called rundown lobster , amazing local cuisine.

We have many local friends in Negril and they were treated with respect and courtesy, which is a big plus with us, since many larger resorts treat the local population without the respect they deserve.

All in all everything was great. We have rebooked for next year, something WE have never done in the past, us stayiny in the same spot 2 yearsin a row..I was born and raised in the resort/hotel business and have been working in hotels and resorts for over 30 years. For bang for the buck, you cant beat Corall Seas."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of December 2006

Jamaican Wedding Paradise

Good

"From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank the Coral Seas Beach Resort staff members and especially Mr. Samuel for taking good care of all of us. I must say, that I did not know what to expect and I based my decision to stay at the Coral Seas on passed reviews. The Coral Seas Beach resort is located directly on the beach. The beach is crystal clear and it is located at the end of the busy negril strip; which makes it a nice destination spot especially if you are going with friends and family. The resort is located nearby clubs and shopping centers. I definitely had a great time and I will be back. Also, Samuel, we (myself and Ed) want to thank you and the staff at the Coral Seas Cliff Resort, for making our wedding the most memorable occasion in our lives. I could have never dreamed of having a wedding as grand and spectacular. The wedding was suited for royalty. The attention to details and your effort to fulfill our every desire is extraordinary. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that (a). wants to have a gorgeous destination wedding (b). likes to get pampered, and (c). enjoys to stay at a place that is laid back (yeah-mon). Samuel you went beyond your way to fulfill our every need. Thank you so much for everything. My advice to Coral Seas in regard to weddings would be to keep Diane as your standing photographer. The pictures she captured were beautiful as well as the video (pure quality). This review is coming directly from a picky New Yorker who is definitely hard to please. Once again, thank you Coral Seas for making our dreams come true. Also, many thanks to our travel coordinator Annette at (---) for handling all the travel arrangements for us and our guests. I could have not done this with your help and guidance. P.S. Enjoy the photos."

• Travel date: Thu 19th of October 2006

The Staff was PERFECT

Good

"I had my wedding at the Coral Seas Beach resort this past June and it was great. The first thing that MUST be mentioned is the STAFF. My husband and I travel a great deal and we stay in all kinds of places from average to the highest of high-end and the staff at the Coral Seas Beach resort rivals any and all that we have encountered.

Samuel, the hotel manager was always on hand to provide whatever I wanted and needed (so was everyone else for that matter). The beach was beautiful and the location of the hotel is perfect. It's at the farthest end of the famous beach (walking distance to downtown) so you are far enough away from the more touristy resorts but close enough to walk or take a very short taxi drive to them.

The rooms at the resort were okay. They are not lush in anyway, but fine. They need a bit of updating in that some of the tiles in the bathrooms are cracked and the decor is dated but it's nothing that should or would deter us from going back (and we are).

The property was extremely safe as security was on hand 24 hours per day. The food was ok and came to the table at an extremely slow pace. The food for our rehearsal dinner and wedding however was FANTASTIC.

If you are planning to have your wedding at the resort, you will not be disappointed. Samuel is great. I highly recommend fantasy floral for your flowers [-] They are located downtown. As well as [-] for your photography. They WERE WONDERFUL AND MY PHOTOS and VIDEO ARE OUT OF THIS WORLD.

I was not pleased with my DJ (he was recommended by the hotel) and if I had to do it all again, I would have gone with one that DMC Video recommended because she was so great about everything she did, I can't imagine she would steer someone wrong in any of her recommendations. Just a tip, make sure you have a list of all the photos you want to have taken; this will save time. Also, ask about printing photos on site as take home gifts for your guests (DMC recommended this and it was a wonderful surprise for our guests).

We will go back to Coral Seas as a matter of fact, I am planning our family reunion and if the folks choose Negril, my whole family will be back in 2007. We had about 50 guests at the wedding and it was one of my best traveling experiences and a lot of that had to do with the resort and DMC Video."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of October 2006

loved it and most of the staff was really friendly

"Coral Beach Resort
First Id like to say I am in love with Negril Jamaica. As for the Resort the resturant staff and the bar staff were wonderful. It took a little extra waiting for the food to arrive, they made everything cooked to order, so the food was fresh. All the staff there was really accomodating and nice. The hotel staff was not always very helpful. But all in all I will go back. My girlfriend and I took our daughters and they had the best time. We stayed there for six days and I basically felt like we were in Paradise. Cant wait to go back and I am in October. This time we are not bringing our girls. Mine is 15 and hers is 17 years old. We will however bring them back next summer."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of August 2006

Coral Seas Beach...OK hotel, Love Negril

"My friend and I (both females in our late 20's) arrived @ Coral Seas Beach ready for our 10 day vacation. We had booked a studio w/ 2 double beds, AC, TV, kitchen. We did not do the all inclusive option, as we like to venture out for food, drinks, nightlife. Room was basic. Screens were not on the 2 front windows which made our room highly susceptible to bugs and anyone could break in (they did have an in-room safe however that was difficult to open, my friend never got the hang of it). Later in the week maintenance finally nailed them up. At night red fire ants enter. And some have wings. Didn't get bit but they made my skin crawl. We were really clean and careful w/ food and drink so it wasn't us. It is their island after all so I gritted my teeth and bared it. Also a 2 inch cockroach scurried around in the bathroom one night and disappeared where I don't know. Another or maybe the same scurried in the kitchen another night. Studio was supposed to have a blender and coffeemaker but didn't. There was hot water most of the time. They did provide dishes and some utensils. Staff was great about loaning us kitchen stuff if needed. Maid service was OK. We tipped $1000J mid-stay and they were more attentive. We had a fresh bath mat everyday after the 1st day. Brought air freshener for the bathroom and citronella candle for the small veranda that we spent a lot of time on. They say they are local friendly - many Jamaicans were staying there at the time and I found that to be true. EXCEPT with the security guards who are NOT local-friendly and have no qualms about hitting on the guests. 1 out of 3 treated us and our guests with respect. One of them walked up onto our patio w/o invitation and demanded to our guest that he give him one of us ladies, whichever one he didn't want. He presumed we could not understand his patois. We told him it is not like that and to go away. We were more offended the next day as we thought more about it. Had we seen this particular guard again we would have went right to management. The other security guy/concierge humped my friend goodbye when she said goodbye. One of the maids saw him and hopefully reported him. So I warn ladies staying here to watch out. Apparantly this type of behavior gets them places with tourists? We were disgusted. For that reason I won't stay here again. Beds were comfortable enough. New bedspreads. OK pillows, kinda lumpy. Lamp didn't work. We drank very little here. Drinks we had were OK. The bartenders were nice enough. They didn't go out of their way to be friendly though. Had a BLT that was missing the lettuce. The beach is great! They have 2 or 3 palapas, volleyball net, plenty of chairs, picnic tables. We did not ever take the shuttle to the cliff location. AC wouldn't shut off for 2 days and then wouldn't work the last day. Coral Seas is OK, next time I am spending a lil bit more and getting a lil bit nicer room."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of June 2006

The staff ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICENT

Good

"We just got back from coral seas beach resort.05/23/06.The fun started with Henry our limo driver(one of the nices people in the world).He made sure we had everything we wanted or needed.We arrived at the resort checked in (All Inclusive King&queen ocean view ) The place is nice, excellent view of the ocean. We went on a very nice glass bottom boat ride and snorkeling. Then had a massage, and a nice limo ride .Mr. Samual Henry and his entire staff could have not been any nicer, special thanks to Richardo & Heather. This will be one of my regular vacations! The staff is what makes this resort a Absolutely Magnificent place to truley have a vacaton!! Everyone needs to visit Mr. Samual Henry,Richardo,Heather,Henry &the rest of the staff @ CORAL SEAS BEACH RESORT !"

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of May 2006

What a great vacation! What to Expect!!

"We have just returned from a short vacation at Coral Seas Beach Resort. First off, we booked through negrilonestop. We went for the King and Queen package and it was great. We were very surprised when the brand new stretch limo picked us up from the airport, stocked with cold Red Stripes and champagne (I was expecting something less). The resort is small and a little old, but very clean and relaxing. The food was excellent!! The manager (Samual Henry) helped us with everything we needed. This resort is right on the beautiful seven mile beach and our room was just steps away. Overall we had a very relaxing week. It was just what we needed. We will definitely be back soon!"

• Travel date: Sun 7th of May 2006

Great place, much more than excepted and very friendly

"We just returned from this resort and it was a blast. We booked through Negrilonestop and got the "king and queen" all inclusive. When we got out of the airport we seen a guys standing outside that said our names, so we went with him and he took us and opened the door on a brand spaking new 300c stretch limo. It was very nice and fully stocked with beer, wine ect.. When we arrived to the reort we got our arm bands for the AI and went to our room, we noticed the AC was not working and reported it, They switched us to a smaller room for the night and said it would be fixed in the morning and sure enough it was, and they even waived the small fee for using the inroom safe because of the hassle. We got everything negrilonestop said we would get, the limo to and from airport, 30 mins message, snorkling from a glass bottom boat, and free transportation to and from the 3 resorts(gardens,beach,cliff) and also a 2 hours ride in the limo where ever we wanted to go. It was just Great.

I've stayed at quie a few AI before and the food was not good at all, but this place it was very good even at the cliff. We did not however go to the garden resort as it did not intrest us. They include all kinds of beers at the 3 resorts not just red stripe and all of the beers are bottled and you can also get any mixed drink, shot ect you want. The Dirty Bananna is really good:-)

The people who work at this resort are the nicest people ever, they go out of your way to do anything for you. The food service was a little slow but they cook everything by hand and how you order it, so most of the time we would order and go to the bar for 25 mins or so and come back.

The resort was not that crowded, im not sure if its always like that or just because we traveled just after spring brake 03-29/04-02 but you can walk 5 mins down the beach and be in party zone. The beach is so lovely there and its a perfect view, the cliffs are also fun and make a great thing to do:P.

Overall this place was great and for only being $100 a night AI with all the things included i said above such as airport ride ect.. this is one of the best places IMOP to stay at and not spend a fortune, as you can eat breakfest at the beach and then go down to the cliff resort eat and drink for free and then roam around on that side of negril and then head back to the beach side all without paying any extra.

If anyone checks them out make sure ya tell them Freddie said hi :P

if u have any questions just email me!"

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of April 2006

Hotels near Coral Seas Garden

Stayed at Coral Seas Garden? Share your insight.

Coral Seas Garden is also called