Beautiful Cliffside

Catcha Falling Star - Incredbile, Serene Experience

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"I have now been to Negril a few times and have stayed at a variety of hotels. I have to say one of the most incredible, serene places on the cliffs that I have now had the pleasure to stay at, is Catcha Falling Star. I stayed at CFS for six nights in late February, in one of their newer suites (Sun) and was totally impressed with the location and view. There really is no 'bad' location on this beautifully manicured, lush property. The room, with a seperate bedroom was huge and attractively decorated. The kitchen was well-stocked, full sized refrigerator, micro and hot plate. Even though I was on vacation, I actually made lunch a couple of days & enjoyed it. I don't even like doing that at home...Ha! There was always extra towels, face clothes...anything you'd truly expect to have! All the staff was amazingly professional and friendly and went out of their way to fulfill my needs. The added bonus was having a lovely breakfast served when 'I' was ready to have breakfast. I generally don't spend alot of time on the hotel property when I'm in Negril, but this gorgeous place kept me there for quite a few days in a row. They have a lovely cove to swim in and sun around and I can't wait to go back and visit the bar and hot tub that was being completed while I was there! I look forward to staying at CFS again, very soon (I hope) and want to thank everyone there that made my stay so wonderful!"

• Travel date: 6th March 2007

We will be back... SOON!

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"What a funky, fun, quiet, romantic, exotic place! This is the real Jamaica I remember from my last trip there 35 years ago. A previous post said the pictures on Catcha's website can't capture the beauty --- I'll second that! My wife and I stayed for three nights in the Libra, a cozy bungalow 25 feet from the cliffs overlooking Catcha's private ocean cove. The cabin had a wrap-around veranda, plantation shutters, a 15-foot ceiling, and wonderful charm. We arrived late in the afternoon, just in time to hear the Caribbean music from world-famous Rick's just down the coast as they celebrated one of the most stunning sunsets we've ever seen. The standard breakfast is eggs or French toast with fresh coffee and orange juice delivered to your veranda, but I'm guessing you could arrange to have just about anything you wanted with a little advance notice. Be prepared to walk or taxi (a unique experience in Negril) for lunch, dinner, or basic shopping. We preferred to walk to Rick's (good drinks, mediocre food), Pirate's Cave (great drinks, great food, fun cliff diving), the Rock House restaurant, or the store for snacks and Red Stripe. If you like great jerk chicken or pork, you'll only need to walk 100 yards on Lighthouse Road to hit one of several little smoker stands. The grounds were beautiful and intimate. The staff was pure Jamaican-friendly. If you love the water, sunsets, romance, and charm, you'll love Catcha Falling Star in Negril. We are returning in June."

• Travel date: 1st March 2007

Catcha Falling Star-Heaven on Earth

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"My husband and I went to Negril Jan 27th-Feb 3rd 2007. I wanted to try several different hotels so we booked the first two nights at Catcha and the last two nights at Cintronella. We had a backup plan (the Westender Inn) for the three nights just in case we were unable to find a hotel for the three nights. The first 2 nights of our stay, we stayed in Gemini II. We were pleasantly surprised to find a CD player/radio in the room. The room was small (we knew that from the website) but clean and nicely appointed. The view was wonderful and the staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast is part of rate. You put your order in in the morning and they will deliver it to you on your patio. On our first full day there we told the manager that we were going to go tour hotels to stay in but wanted to know if they had an open rooms for the time we were looking for. They had the lower level of the Leo available. We toured several properties that day but but none could beat the location (they are centrally located in the cliff and right accross the street from a mini mart) So we spend the next three days in the Leo. Look on their website and you wll see wonderful pictures but real life doesn't even compare. Beautiful property, wonderful staff, great food. I highly recomend it!!!"

• Travel date: 15th February 2007

Catcha Falling Star was GREAT !

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"I just got back from a stay at Catcha Falling Star. I have been coming to Negril for 15 years and have stayed at many places. The Catcha, is in a great location for walking to places to eat. It is a bonus to have satelite tv ,wi-fi and a full breakfast included each morning. The staff is wonderful and very accomadating."

• Travel date: 10th February 2007

Quiet, exclusive, and private

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"I've wanted to have a romantic cliffside stay in Negril ever since I lived there 15 years ago. Catcha Falling Star gave us that plus an exclusive, quiet and private retreat with awesome food (breakfast included) and a gorgeous view of the sea. The staff were enormously accommodating making sure we were well taken care of. Swimming was exquisite with a cliffside cove swimming area of 30ft deep clear turquoise water; you could see the bottom. And although the sea was rough when we arrived, it did calm down somewhat and once we got the courage to go in it was a blast swimming and not too tricky to negotiate the ladders out. Our room was small but very comfortable with a fridge, very clean and an excellent queen size bed. And of course, because it's Jamaica, everything was "no problem!". Highly recommended."

• Travel date: 26th January 2007

Beautiful and relaxing

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"We moved to Catcha Falling Star after a poor experience on the beach. My family and I loved this cliffside resort. We have stayed at 2 other resorts on the cliffs and 3 on the beach (while our kids were young). The staff is friendly and helpful, the property is beautiful and the accommodations amazing. We had two king rooms, living area, kitchenette, indoor and outdoor shower, and huge veranda (with breakfast table, hammock and daybed). The ocean views could not be beat. You can even see the cliff divers from Rick's Cafe! We are already booking a stay for next year."

• Travel date: 21st January 2007

A nice, quiet week in Negril

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"I stayed in a small cabin at Catcha for a week this New Year's holiday, and had a great time. I will say that I prefer the beach in Negril, as I'm used to walking to entertainment, restaurants and shopping. But I wanted a more quiet trip this time, and Catcha was a smart choice. My cabin was small but comfortable and clean. I had a double bed, refrigerator, microwave, CD player, a/c and television. Everything was kept very clean - did I already say that? I especially loved my verandah - the view every morning when I had breakfast was exactly the same as in the pic on their website. I had a friend staying in one of the new units, and they are really nice. The breakfast is included and though it wasn't a huge meal it got the day started nicely. Lots of coffee, fruit, eggs, toast, and a few strips of bacon. Got me thru the morning without having to worry about trying to cook first thing. The only reason I didn't rate this experience 5 stars: I had to burn mosquito coils 24/7 because after my first night I woke up with a dozen bites. I don't usually have this problem when I stay on the beach, and it was kind of a bummer. But I seemed to be the only guest who had mosquitoes so maybe it was me? Anyway, I would rate this as a great place to stay if you want peace and quiet, or a romantic setting. Not great if you have kids, because you are on the cliffs pretty high up, and not good if you want to be able to walk to a lot of places to party and hear live music. Though Rick's Cafe is 2 doors down, it's the only major place with live music and that ends every night around 9. All in all I had a great trip. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. The management and staff were great, and it's definitely a place I would stay again."

• Travel date: 13th January 2007

In Love with Catcha

Reviewed 20th October 2012

"I had been planning our trip to Jamaica for months Nov24th-Dec2nd. It would be huby's first time to Jamaica. We stayed at Catcha for the first three days of our trip and ended up wishing that we had stayed there all six days! We got there on a rainy day but didn't matter since we were so happy to be there, away from the cold. We were met by the staff who are quite friendly, ended up getting an upgraded room :). Someone else was in our booked room, so instead of having her leave they gave us another cottage which was better than the one we booked. The cottage has a lovely little bathroom-very clean, i started unpacking all my girlie stuff in there. We had no water problems the whole time! The cottage is small but cozy, comfy BIG bed, didn't get much sleep lol...wanted to see and experience everything! A little TV with cable which showed most of the time, except in heavy rain but i was happy to watch local channels one of which tells of the happenings in the area and came in handy. There was also a mini fridge and microwave. Nice porch outside which we ate on from time to time and ended up drying clothes. The property is beautiful. I will try to post some pictures later. Everyone on staff was helpful. They helped us to get a driver, who we used the whole trip and the breakfast was great...my Mom's Jamaican (so am I) and in catering so i know good Jamaican food. Rooms were cleaned daily. We felt safe the whole time on the cliffs and roamed freely during the day, at nights we always used the driver. Overall the atmosphere was peaceful and relaxing which we really needed. Swimming on the cliffs was fun. The staff helped arrange a snorkeling trip for us also. We also ended up going on a Day's trip with TTOT which was alot of fun (with 2 other couples) and one of our best days in Jamaica. I must say that those three days was probably the most fun i had for 2006. On returning to Boston,i'd sit and think about my time at Catcha and wish i were still there....if we should return to Negril i know where we will be staying."

• Travel date: 10th January 2007

An incredible hideaway

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"We spent Christmas at Catcha and never wanted to leave! The staff is charming, the location unbeatable, and the cottages are great. I have always loved the West End of Negril and this is my new favorite place."

• Travel date: 3rd January 2007

Catcha Great Vacation Spot

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"We just returned from a fun week. Great views from private cottages on cliffs above the Caribbean. The property has great access to the water for swimming and diving. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. We also enjoyed the breakfasts served at our cottage which were included in the price. I would recommend Catcha Falling Star to anyone looking for a quiet and relaxing location free from the crowds and commercialism at the Negril beach."

• Travel date: 29th November 2006

I traveled to this hotel with: Boyfriend...

Reviewed 9th September 2006

"I traveled to this hotel with: Boyfriend/girlfriend, friends I recommend this hotel for: Young singles, An amazing honeymoon, Tourists. My visit was for: extended vacation Would I stay at this location again: absolutely! Wonderful hotel. We only stayed there a couple of nights but visited friends daily during the week and a half we were in Negril. The staff were easily the best out of the 4 hotels we stayed at in Jamaica. Loved the fact that you had breakfast included! Sounds stupid, but in Jamaica it takes a long time to get food, anywhere, and having a hot breakfast waiting for us when we woke up made all the difference. Spent the days snorkeling, cliff diving, and laying out on air mats. It was a lot more laid back than the beach hotels and didn't have people hassling you to buy stuff. Also right across from a convenient store."

• Travel date: 9th September 2006

Hotels near Catcha Falling Star

Catcha Falling Star is also called

• Catcha Falling Star Resort Hotel
  • catcha falling star negril
  • catcha falling star hotel