About Beaches Negril Resort & Spa

• paid wifi
  • fishing amenities
  • free airport transportation
  • hot tub
  • free shuttle or taxi services
  • paid internet
  • butler service
  • lazy river
  • water park

Good

drugged and raped - all included

Reviewed Tue 17th of July 2018

"My 18 year old daughter was given a laced drink directly from the bartender at Club Liquid - the same bar where the teens and tweens hang up until 10:30 PM!!!

She was then taken from the club by another "guest" into a bathroom and RAPED, SCRATCHED, and CHOKED.

I cannot recommend this place."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of July 2018

Excellent Family Destination

Reviewed Mon 20th of June 2011

"Hotel facilities were great but what made our holiday was the staff who were extremely friendly. The kids camp was fantasctic. We enjoyed the place so much so that we have booked to go back next year."

• Travel date: Fri 17th of June 2011

This was our fourth visit to the Carribe...

Reviewed Tue 15th of July 2008

"This was our fourth visit to the Carribean, although first time to Jamaica. The people and staff were fantastic and the hotel beach was one of the best we've been on. Very well kept with plenty of sunbeds. The waterslides and Lazy River were excellent and the trip to the local Cool Runnings Waterpark just up the road is worth it if you like scary water fun. My 10 year old son and I went horse-riding at Paradise park whilst my husband studied for his PADI open Water diving test back at the hotel. We can recomend both the horse-riding trip and the diving there.

The down side is the rooms are 'shabby'.Not what I would call 5 star compared to other Carribean hotels. In both rooms we had there were holes in the walls left where previous nails had been and the bathroom floor, tiles,bath, bath panel and fittings were chipped, broken and grubby and numerous plumbing problems. If you get allocated rooms 510, 520 or 530- insist on a move. These rooms are right next door to the disco. By the third night when you have recovered from the journey you will hear, at best the constant thump, thump, thump of the music until the early hours, at worst the side door (assume the fire escape) regularly gets opened and the music is so loud you may as well be trying to sleep in the middle of the dance floor! We did get moved at our request, but very poor that rooms are just yards away and familes are allocated them.

Plenty of things to do whilst the sun is shining, but when it rains you are left to either huddle round one of the two beach bars, or stay in your room. The entertainment staff were just all sitting in their staff room when the beach games were cancelled because of rain - even though there is a 'Big Top' covered area where alternative games could've been put on. Also too much emphasis on trying to get more money out of you, either for extra services, photos, spa treatments. X-box room excellent for kids and grown-ups (if you can't fit round the bar when it rains).

A bit disappointed to find the boast of 5 restaurants not really true. Two are just holes in the walls either serving pizza or burgers and ice-cream (very popular with the kids who can pick up an ice-cream when they have got to the bottom of the water-slides) and another one is adults only. Food OK. Only the Mill restaurant varies it's menu, all others are fixed.

Overall a good holiday but not as good as other less expensive hotels. "

• Travel date: Tue 15th of July 2008

This was our annual holiday to 'our seco...

Reviewed Mon 17th of April 2006

"This was our annual holiday to 'our second home' that is how the Jamaicans treat you when you have visited their country more then once, you are family. (This was our third time)

We arrived at Montego bay and were pleasantly surprised by the work that had been carried since out last visit the year before, there were two big noticeable differences at the air port, air conditioning and the terminal had been extended, by this I mean we didn't exit the plane via steps onto the tarmac, but into the airport.

We were then directed to the sandals/Beaches lounge after clearing customs, where the holiday truly starts, you can help your to complementary drinks and cakes, until your bus is ready to take you to the resort.

The bus ride is about an hour and a half, and the roads are not all flat, but the drivers do their best to avoid the pot-holes, but at the same time, give you pieces of information about their beautiful country. At the same time you also notice how the people live out there, some in big beautiful house, and others that live in what looks like a shack. The first time I saw this, I was a bit concerned as to what the resort would be like, thinking that the brochure would have been altered to grab your attention, how-ever this truly was not the case at all.

Wonderful colours, wonderful grounds, and almost everything done for you. As you arrive at the resort, you are shown into the lounge, and offered a cool fruit punch drink, and cold flannel to refresh your self with, while the staff book you in, you don't even have to worry about leaving your luggage unattended, no-one touches it until your are ready to be shown to your room.

This time our room was located to the nightly disco venue which I was a bit concerned about, (I heard nothing from in while in the room, the whole two weeks there)

The beds are big enough for a whole family, and you have you hanging space, shoe racks, shelves and drawers, complete with television, radio clock and hot drinks maker.

We quickly refreshed and changed and went to 'The Mill' for dinner, this is one of the restaurants which is a buffet style, meal, and offers a wide range of food, and a different variety each night (this is based on a theme night e.g. oriental, beach night etc) This is where we first recognized by staff who welcomed us 'back home' The restaurant staff were wonderful, always making a fuss of our little boy, commenting on how much he had changed from the previous year, and the restaurant manager always made sure that there was something each night I could eat due to dietary requirements, and if nothing, then something was prepared for me.

After we had eaten we headed out to see what else had changed at the resort, and walked past the photographic shop, where again another member of staff hugged us (yes she too remembered us from the year before) again and again, this happened, even the resort general manager remember my family.

Within the resort there is plenty to do, the children have a kiddies camp that they can do a whole range of activities, including painting t-shirts, stories with the sesame street characters, swimming, make hats and many more.

There are two pools, both with swim up bars, three whirlpools, and a water park which has a lazy river, two water slides, and a decking area that has water jets, that shoot upwards, (the children loved running through this) You then have endless white sandy beach that you can chill out on, and on the sea, you can take part in snorkeling, aqua bikes, windsurfing to name but a few, my husband last year completed his padi course, and this year used it as much as he could, taking his camera with him.

In the evening, the entertainment changed nightly, from beach party, to guest and staff talent show, to family fun night. Once these ended (approx 10.pm) the disco started and carried on until the early hours, as well as the bar next to it.

You also have the option to do tours outside the resort , last year my husband and I complete with our then one and half year old climb the famous Dunns River falls, and also visited the black river which is famous for crocodiles and also climbed the YS Falls, all with beautiful views and scenery, and all with extremely helpful staff that work at these attractions.

This year I did the horse back ride which firstly takes you up through the mountains and then back to where you started the trek where you have a quick rest, and changed into swim wear and horses changed into swim saddles, then you are taken down into the warm sea on your horse. We also climbed the Mayfield falls, as well as go for a stroll over the largest bamboo bridge.

At the end of our two week trip, I pampered myself in the resorts spa, (this is not complementary but worth paying that little extra)

Again we were sad at having to leave, the staff had once again treated us well, and took care of every little thing, they all knew of our little boy, and had tried to take him home.

I would honestly and truly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a holiday to relax, explore and unwind. The best of it, you don't need cash when you go to the bar, during the day, and the measures are not typical measures!!!

The words you here almost all the time….

NO PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of April 2006

On arriving in Montego Bay I must confes...

Reviewed Sat 30th of April 2005

"On arriving in Montego Bay I must confess I was not over impressed with Jamaica. As we drove to the hotel we passed really desolate places, people on the streets with their homes consisting of huts mainly perched on hills. I was starting to dread what our hotel was going to be like. After 1 and a half hours travelling from the airport we arrived at our hotel.

The hotel was beautiful. it exceeded all my dreams.

Wherever you looked there were staff everywhere. we were greeted and taken to the lounge where we were given a nice cool refreshing fruit drink. while we drank this a member of staff booked us in. within a few minutes we were taken to our hotel room. As we walked to the room the rain started to get very heavy. Even though upset with the weather the room was beautiful. But more than anything the room was spotlessly clean . We had a balcony overlooking the area where they held the weddings. Which was lovely as we were getting married a week later. it gave us the chance to watch other weddings.

The hotel had several swimming pools lovely restaurants and a shop. My children were spoilt by all the staff. The staff were so friendly and so willing to assist you in anything. The food was plentiful with a wide choice to suit anybody. The hotel had entertainment every night which was just superb. All around the sea and pools were lots of lifeguards which was very assuring to parents.

Our wedding was handled superbly, I couldn’t have had a better wedding it was just so beautiful. In the evening there was beach discos for the young adults all in all what a fantastic holiday. After two days of rain the weather was very hot. but even with the rain there was always something to do the hotel really caters for everybody’s needs. when it was time to go home none of us wanted to leave. This holiday was the best ever holiday I have ever had, the staff the country the hotel just everything about Jamaica is fabulous.

Jamaica has so much to offer, we went to Dunns River falls we swam with the dolphins, this holiday really was the holiday of a lifetime. There is not a day that goes by that we don’t think of Jamaica it truly is a beautiful country and our hotel is everything you could ever dream about. Kath Dighton.

• Travel date: Sat 30th of April 2005

Family Fun Resort

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"My family of five, kids ages 13,10, and 9 stayed at Beaches Negril Nov 23-28, 2003. We stayed in a suite which consist of a king bed, sitting area with a double pull-out sofa bed, roll-a-way, T.V., plenty of dresser drawer space, large dressing area with double sink, and bath. We had concierge service-which consist of stocking refrig., turndown service, making dinner and tour reservations. The kids had the time of their lives with the Fun Pals doing pool and beach activities. My oldest daughter loved the teen disco. My husband and myself felt safe because Lady Nordia (AWESOME FUN PAL) stayed with the teens every step of the way. The food was great to good, depending on the restaurant. We found that the Seville, Teppaneski(Japanese-what fun!), and the beach bar-b-que theme night to be the best. The food court has something to please any kid. The water activities and beach are great. There is snorkeling, sailboats, hobiecats, watersking, banana boat rides, scuba dives, and a huge fun water trampoline. The water is clear and the beach goes for a few miles. The night entertainment range from great to funny. We enjoyed the light hearted Jamaician entertainment. The only complaint that I have is for the money, room service should be offered at the suite level. Shop around for the best deal and enjoy!!! We all had a great time."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of November 2003

Not Bad for canadians j/k Not worth the cash

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"i stayed with a group of 7 with me and my lady in a garden view room in march of 2003- the resort wasnt bad but it felt like we where not welcome- gaurds with shotguns and so on- the drinks werent good at all and the service was really bad- im a person who can put up with a lot of #$%@ but to pay over $1500usd for bad service is very sad- also the location stank- i went to party but the age group was more 13-17 and 26 and up which just wasnt me- overall the place was nice but i think staying anywhere in the carribean is just not worth the cash- now i hear that day passes to natives are given out which is totally rediculous- if a native stays there for the same price as me ok- but to mix middle and high class people with the natives of Jamaica is a serious mistake in managment- if you go book activities way in advance- watch what you eat and dont expect much for your buck-"

• Travel date: Fri 28th of November 2003

Great family resort

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"My wife and I, plus 11 yr old son, had a fantastic holiday at Beaches Negril. Our room had a king bed and sofa bed for Luke. The room was spacious, adequately furnished, with fridge, hair dryer, iron / ironing board, remote controlled a/c.

The food, the staff and the activities were first class. We made an effort to speak 'patois' and the staff and locals responded with charm and friendliness.

We walked along the beach to other resorts, such as Beaches Sandy Bay and Sandals but were happy to return to our home, Yeah mon!

The water sports were great fun, though there appeared to be little or no tuition available, especially for water skiing beginners.

The beach is beautiful and the sea lovely and warm. The grounds are immaculate and full of birds (feathered and non-feathered variety!).

The only negative thing to say about the holiday concerned Air Jamaica, who offered a lousy service, with long flight delays and no communication with their customers.

I will return to this resort, but not with Air Jamaica!"

• Travel date: Fri 14th of November 2003

Loved It

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"We've just spent a week at Beaches, Negril and I would like to strongly advise this resort to any families planning a vacation in Jamaica. Myself, my daughter, son-in-law and 1 year old grandson enjoyed beautiful accommodations, great food, loads of activities, very friendly and accommodating staff along with the most beautiful beach in all of Jamaica. The only complaint I have is with a few of the guests who chose to be rude and overbearing to the staff of the resort or got obnoxiously drunk forgetting that they were in a family resort. I would rate this as excellent value for the money."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of November 2003

Beaches made my wedding day a dream come true!

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"If you are searching for the right place to host a destination wedding, Beaches Negril is it! We originally booked our wedding and honeymoon at Couples Swept Away, and then we took a weekend trip to Jamaica to view the resort, and decided that Couples was not what we were looking for! Don't get me wrong it was a very nice place, but it just was not a good fit! It was too laid back for our taste, we wanted something a little more upbeat! We had 10 family & friends that would be attending our wedding, and we needed somewhere nice, and affordable for them too! Some of our family & friends stayed at Sandy Bay which is also owned by Sandals, which also owns Beaches. Sandy Bay was less expensive than Beaches,and they had fewer ameenities, but the best part was that if you stayed at one of the Sandals resorts, you could play at any of them, so some of our more budget minded people stayed at Sandy Bay, and spent the entire day at Beaches with us for the entire day! Other times they stayed at their own resort which provided great service,and activities as well as entertainment. Frustrated, and not sure what to do, we struck out walking down that pristine white sandy beach, and we looked at several different resorts. Sometimes we were stopped by security, and we simply told them that we were there to see the wedding coordinator. As we walked along the beach we came upon Beaches Negril, and people were having a good time, there was music,and it was lively! We looked at each other and said "now this is what I'm talkin about." We walked onto the property, and went to see the wedding coordinator. She was not available, but the sales manager (Nicole) was available and we explained our situation to her,and she was more than happy to show us around the property, which by the way was absolutely beautiful! She then took us to several spots that they hold weddings, and said that we would be able to choose. Once I saw the gazebo on the beach I knew that this was the place for our wedding. Because we only had a little over a month to change our arrangements Nicole gave me a thorough list of everything that I would need to do to meet the filing deadlines for the license. Couples was nice enough to forward my paperwork over to Beaches, which meant less work for me. Not only was Beaches beautiful, but everyone was wonderful. The wedding coordinator (Nadine aka Keisha) was also wonderful as well as helpful. She made sure that everything that I needed,and wanted for my wedding day was in place. It was so strange how everything went so smoothly. It was as if it had been rehearsed! Everyone knew their role,and performed it exceptionally well, from the coordinator to the waiters,and waitresses. I guess its because they do this so much! They are definitely experts in my book! If you asked them to do something their response was "no problem maam" The best advice that I can give is to take the trip down to see the resort, if you can, they offer an over night trip to see the resort at a reduced rate, and if you can't go take my word for it you will not be dissappointed. Also you can save money by taking your own decorations for the gazebo, and take your own toasting glasses,and cake knife. They get you on the extras ie... cake knife $45.00 from resort, cake knife from walmart $9.00. Also don't forget to go to Beaches website and look at their specials,and download the brochure. They also offer the weddingmoon, which is a free wedding if you stay 5 days. If you decide to have your destination wedding there, just be patient they are not the qickest responders to emails,and phone calls, but they will get back to you! Not in your time, but in Jamaican time, they do not get in a hurry for anyone, for any reason, so don't put yourself thru the frustration, just leave a message and or send an e-mail, and someone will get back to you! This turned out to be one of the best decisions my husband and I could have ever made concerning our wedding! I felt like a princess on my wedding day! We will go back every year for our anniversary!"

• Travel date: Sat 11th of October 2003

Our Family's Best Vacation

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"After spending countless hours searching the web for all inclusive family resorts and obtaining opinions from friends and travel agents, my wife and I decided on Beaches Negril.

The trip included our children who are 19, 16 and 14 and was a celebration of our 25th anniversary.

Not knowing what to expect and after reading the various reviews, we were cautious and curious.

Beaches Negril could not have been a better choice. Our children are already asking when we will go back.

Don't expect lobster, prime rib and champagne but expect to find what you've paid for, a fun filled family resort with good security and plenty of things to do.

Beaches will be our choice in 05."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of October 2003

Wonderful Time at Beaches Negril

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"I read most of the reviews on this website and I will have to admit that I was a little skeptical about going to Beaches Negril. However I found some of the reviews to be true and others not true. Before I tell you how my vacation went you need to keep in mind that you cant please everyone. Recently my girlfriend and I visited the Beaches in Negril Jamaica the first week of September 2003. We had a wonderful time, first we flew out of Philadelphia on Air Jamaica the plane left on time and we arrived in Montego Bay on time. We were directed to the welcome desk for Beaches and Sandals. We gave them our names and were told to stay with our luggage and porter came and took them to the bus were we had about 1-1/2 hour bus drive to Negril. Everyone there was very helpful along the way to Negril we stopped at a small rest area that was operated by Sandals and were told that we could get a drink but it was not included in our package. We did not mind this since it was hot there. Upon arriving at Beaches we were told that our vacation started here and not to worry about anything. The young man asked if we wanted a drink and to please sit in the welcome area. After a few minutes he came with the keys plus he indicated that we were upgraded to another category. Arriving at our room it was very clean, the view was wonderful and the refrigerator was full with bottle water, soda and beer. The first thing that we did was that we went to the Dive shop and sign up for the scuba diving. The guys at the scuba shop were wonderful Tiny, Clink, and Calvin. We went diving for 3 days and I will have to admit the diving it self is not as good as Bonaire, Cozumel and Turks and Cacios however these guys made it all worth while. The food was great you can always find something there that you will like to eat. Since it was September they did not do all the activities that they had on their handouts. We had to go to the activity board everyday to see what has changed. The shows were great especially the Mad Hatters Dancers. We also took the trip to Dunns River Falls and of course climbed the falls. This ride is very long and the road is still under construction from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios but definitely worth the trip. We also left the resort a few times and felt very safe. We first went to Margaretville and had a wonderful time there no problems with any of the locals. We even had a very nice long talk with Stacy who was our waitress. Another time we went to Ricks Café this definitely worth going to see the guys jumping and diving off of the cliffs. One day we did have a maintenance problem but after calling the front desk they were there to fix the problem in 10 minutes or so. The guys at the pool bar were great they made sure that your drinks were full regardless whether they were alcohol or not. The fruit at breakfast was fantastic and the jerk pork and chicken was fantastic also. My girl friend and I are single parents and we are definitely considering bring our children to Beaches Negril. This was a fantastic trip and I will be turning to Beaches Negril one day."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of September 2003

Hotels near Beaches Negril Resort & Spa

Top traveller tips for Beaches Negril Resort & Spa

• Philip by Philip

"Plan your week so you can experience it all. "

• danielle66 by danielle66

"Be careful and stay together. "

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa is also called