Beach House Villas

Norman Manley Boulevard , On the Seven Mile Beach (beside T-Water Beach Hotel) , Negril , Jamaica , Caribbean

Perfect

"Stayed in the 1-bedroom Garden House apartment for 6 nights for our honeymoon. It could not have been any better!!!!!! Our apartment was beautiful and immaculately clean and everyone was so nice. The housekeeper even did our dishes for us every day!! I would recommend Beach House Villas and Negril to anyone!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 20th of January 2007

Summer vacation 2006

Good

"My husband and I took our daughter and her girlfriend to the Beach House Villas in August for 7 days. The beach was perfect, the bartenders and staff at the pool bar/grill were great, and the security was present, but never obnoxious.

The room itself was very nice, our bedroom was large with plenty of storage space. When the housekeeper found out that we had 2 girls staying in the living room,, she arranged to have a bed brought up for one of them.

The towel exchange was great, no need to cart wet beach towels back to your room every day. And the local kitties, which the grils loved and adopted for the week...lived on our large porch and greeted us every time we went out.

The front desk staff leaves much to be desired, they are not helpful with making travel arrangements, or with billing questions. Had this not been our 17th trip to Jamaica, we would have had a hard time arranging transportation to the grocery store or back to the airport.

The guys that run the snorkel boat that parks in front of the Villas are very nice, and we all had a good time getting to know them after they took us out snorkeling. They even took the girls out for free a second time.

There are not too many places witiin walking distance to eat, so taking a trip to the local grocery store is a good idea. Plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables are available from the fruit lady that makes her rounds each day."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of December 2006

Awesome!!!!!

"Love this place!!! The staff is so great. Clive can make a great drink!! It almost feels like you're staying with a family. Ya MON! Only a few glitches. Pipes were replaced one day and we had no water for a few hours.. and one night electricity went out for 1-2 hours but all the hotels around us also lost power so it wasn't the hotels fault.. (hey, thats just Jamaica). I would go back in a heartbeat. In fact I WILL go back to Beach House Villas... Dean the driver was awesome. The food was also good.. man do I miss the Ackie and Saltfish for breakfast.. The locatation is awesome.. Pretty much smack dab in the middle of the beach. Our villa was amazing.. Large porch overlooking the trees (we stayed in the Jungle Room) and nice and cool with working AC and nice hot water with a large shower stall.. Very clean too.
This is a great property for people really wanting to experience the true "Negril" If you are into being pampered and want 5 star service, then Maybe Sandals is better.. Me.. I could NEVER stay at Sandals.. Beach House Villas rocks.. Wish I was there right now."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of November 2006

Best on Negril Beach

"Can’t say enough about Beach House – have been there many times now and will keep coming back!! The Villas are huge with big kitchens, and feel more like a home than any hotel I’ve ever been in. Crystal clear turquoise water for my swims, good food at the Irie Beach Bar and Restaurant (the lobster thermadore is my favorite) and friendly staff (thanks Vinnette and crew)…. I always hate to leave. As far as Negril Beach goes, Beach House is far superior in quality to the rest on the beach hands down. See you again soon!! Sandy, Fort Lauderdale Florida"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of October 2006

Love the Property

Good

"We travel to Jamaica frequently and our favorite place to stay is at the Beach House Villas in Negril. Recently we booked with your company a 5 night stay in the penthouse suite at the villas from May 20th through May 25th 2006. We have stayed in this room previously as we love the view, the room layout, privacy, and our favorite part the private sundeck. A great part of our stay is always the welcoming and friendly staff. They truely do make you feel like you are right at home. The manager of the property is always pleasant and very accomadating. She is very prompt and professional when handling any concerns. We just can't say enough about the friendly and welcoming atmosphere at the villas.

As we do enjoy this property and hope to return to it in the near future, we would like to express some concerns with the upkeep of the penthouse suite. The room just did not seem to meet the standards we have experienced in the past.

The restroom. For our entire stay we had three out lightbulbs that were never replaced. The toilet didn't flush appropriately, as every time we flushed we had to take the cover off the back to allow the water to fill. One of the sinks had a broken faucet handle, like it had been cracked off.

The kitchen. We had gone to the grocery store to pick up a few things and upon returning, we realized that the refridgerator wasn't cold only the freezer was working. We contacted the front desk and they immediately sent a maintenance man to help with the repair. He said let it sit for about 25 minutes and call me back if it still isn't working. We did call him back, as the problem wasn't fixed. A service was called to take care of the problem. After a few hours, everything was in order. We do appreciate the prompt service to this problem, but it was still an inconvenience as we had warm groceries, and wanted to get started cooking lunch/dinner on our first full day. The kitchen supplies also were not in order. We again called the front desk to bring us forks and pan covers as we had none. We received them in a matter of minutes. However, we feel that the kitchen should've been checked for these basic things before guest check in to avoid these inconveniences. On another day our water was turned off for a couple hours due to a broken pipe. We were notified in advance that this would happen.

We do have a few other concerns that we feel should be attended to. The ceiling fans were covered with so much black dirt and dust that you could see it falling over the edges of the fans. The walls and ceilings need to be painted, as we could see water spots coming through the paint. Every set of curtains in the penthouse were broken, as they couldn't hook on the curtain rod any longer. Because of this, we couldn't comfortably close the curtains at night. We used our hair clips to keep them together so nobody could see in our room during the night. The phone jack in the bedroom was not working, as we tested both phones in it to make sure.

When putting some of our things in the drawers in the bedroom we found a big surprise. Drugs were left in one of the drawers from a previous guest. We don't feel like that is something that should have been left for us to see.

Our favorite place, the sundeck. We discovered on the sundeck 3 tables and one broken beach chair. It seemed as though the sundeck was being used for storage. Again we feel that this area should be maintained for guests just as the seating area outside our front doors. We called for beach chairs to be brought up for us, and as usual they were brought up promptly and without any problems. On several occasions other guests were utilizing our private sundeck that was part of our private penthouse accomadations. We feel a clearer sign should be posted to communicate this. We did notify the manager and she handled the situation promply.

The overall cleanliness of the property was in order. The restaurant service and food was always to our liking. The beach was clean and maintained as well.

We do enjoy this property, but feel that for the money spent to stay there, the penthouse should be up to at least basic standards. The rooms should be inspected before guests check in, as any unforseen issues can be handled by the property prior to guests arrival."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of July 2006

best of the best

"The Beach House villas have been my home away from home for the last 7 years. I have traveled all over the Carribean and been to Negril over 30 times in the last 20 years. No where have I found the staff as accomodating, friendly and kind as I have here. Jamaicans are friendly in nature, but this staff goes out of their way to make sure that my guests as well as myself have everything we need for our vacation. I have referred family and friends to this lovely friendly place and no one has ever been disappointed. Year after year I return to see the familiar faces-of staff and of guests. Once you go, you will be back. They will all be thrilled to see you once again! The IrieVibes restaurant and bar is a great place to hang out -Delroy, Garrett, Sheldon and the rest of the staff have become like family. They want you to enjoy your stay as much as possible . They are always willing to do what it takes to make you happy. Hope to see you there!!! Patty"

• Travel date: Wed 12th of July 2006

no place better in negril

"I was fortunate enough to stay at BHV on 6/1 - 6/10. The professionalism of the staff from Teri in the states to the staff in Jamaica could not be beat. I had a studio for 5 days and then moved to a 1 br villa for the rest of my stay. The "jungle" studio was beautiful and if I had known, it would've been fine for my entire stay. The 1 br was to die for. It had all the amenities of home including a full kitchen. The beach and bar service was great. The bartenders were fun-- Delroy, Clive and 'The Dr' all had specials. Believe me, you can just sit at the bar all day and have a drink with each shift!! Make sure to try a Delroy Special. There is nothing like it. All I can say is I will be staying here every time I come to Jamaica. You would think after 10 days of being there I would be ready to leave but I wasn't. When it did come time to go, their driver, JInx, was very professional and offered great conversation back to the airport. How could I forget to mention the food. Have Sheldon, one the cooks, to make a jerk chicken pizza for you"

• Travel date: Tue 20th of June 2006

Hard to find fault

"We've stayed here twice, most recently in April 2006. We were part of a large group - 25+ people - and we took all of the beach house, reef house, penthouse, a garden suite and the sun suite. We booked it because of the location (there was a music festival going on next door that week that we were in Negril for), and because of the roof deck over the penthouse - large enough to hold us all for parties and such a great view.

If you want A/C, modern rooms, lots of space, TV, phone, room service, nice beachfront, onsite bar and restaurant, kitchen and living room, this is a great spot. It's not the cheapest for sure, but everything is modern, clean, comfortable and works well.

The restaurant (Irie on the Beach), now run by the same folks that run the one at Rondel Village, is MUCH better than when we stayed in 2003. Breakfasts were around $5-6 (we loved the Jamaican breakfast and the callaloo and cheese omelettes), dinners mostly around $10 (loved the curry chicken and escoveitch fish). Everything we tried was very good.

The music at the beach bar was louder than we wanted almost all the time, set to the bartender's tastes more than ours, though we gave them a few reggae cds they rarely played them. It was kind of annoying and kept us away from the beach bar some of the time. Otherwise, the bar staff was attentive and friendly, especially once they realized we weren't spring breakers (we came as that was ending). The wait staff was even friendlier, and food service, while certainly on Jamaica time, was not as slow as I've experienced elsewhere. You can call ahead and they'll let you know when food is ready if you like.

I found the front desk staff to be very helpful and friendly, though we had a glitch - our penthouse room was occupied for the first night we'd booked it, though i had confirmed the room a week in advance and booked it 6 months prior, somehow we were not able to take our room until our 2nd day. We booked partly through a company called Sunsplash and they messed up so many other things I'd say it was probably their fault rather than Beach House Villas'.

The staff offered us a floor of the reef house for that one night and we were OK, but it was not a great start. I didn't care too much for the baggage guys - had I known $1 a bag (for 7-8 bags) was not acceptable (much eye rolling and looking at tip, looking at me, looking back at tip) I'd have carried my bags myself. Live and learn.

We shared the PH with two others (4 total) and the staff had moved extra beds up and made them ahead of time, it worked very well, the rooms are so large. Our bed was very comfortable.

The maids were fantastic, did a great job, very respectful of our space and always willing to come back if someone was sleeping in or whatever. We didn't use a safe for our valuables and didn't worry about our things at all, they're all long-time employees. I was thrilled to tip them well.

The buildings are very close together and there isn't much common space besides the beach area, but the beach area is large. Visiting friends (local or otherwise) were never a problem, though I'd call the gate to let the guard know we had someone coming ahead of time and if they were not known the guard walked them back to us.

BHV keeps a stack of floaty rafts and toys for guests to use, which was nice.

This is a good review, overall, but I was less than thrilled and would probably not choose it again unless we had a huge group again - for that it was perfect. I had just come from a few days on the cliffs at Catcha Falling Star which was SO friendly and mellow and small and personal that the whole beach scene - vendors, loud bar music, people everywhere - was rough. I didn't like BHV much at first, but most will probably find it's a great place to stay in Negril. I guess I tend to prefer more tropical feeling, smaller, hotels, and this is more modern.

But it's hard to beat that penthouse roof deck view...highest point on the beach, we saw some incredible sunsets, and we felt very safe, comfortable and taken care of at BHV.

This was our 15th or so trip to Jamaica.

Thanks to my friend Chris of creative.visn.net for the last couple of photos."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of June 2006

Irie on the Beach Groom's Party-the best!!

"We had a beach barbeque at Irie on the Beach (at Beach House Villas) on the night before my son's wedding. We made all of the arangements by email, so I was a bit nervous about how everything would turn out. We dealt with Maggie, who answered our emails promptly and was so very helpful. The party was the BEST!! We had 52 guests, and many said that the chicken was the best that they had ever eaten (jerk chicken with the sauce on the side). The guests who had eaten several meals already in Negril said that it was their best meal there. Maggie arranged for torches to be lit, a bonfire, a mento band, and a fire dancer. She even arranged on short notice to have birthday cake for our grandson, who would soon turn 3. The restaurant setting was lovely...in a less congested area on the beach than where our hotel was. We couldn't have asked for a better party! We recommend this place to anyone who wants a groom's party with excellent food and entertainment!"

• Travel date: Sat 4th of February 2006

The perfect place to stay

Good

"I did a lot of research and decided our group of 9 would like it best in a small non-AI property on the beach. BHV was the perfect choice. I walked the beach several times and it looked like BHV was as nice or nicer than all the other small hotels (AI's excluded) that I saw.

We stayed in the Beach House which I highly recommend since it is closest to the beach, in fact the sand starts right outside the door and it is steps from the bar. The web site gives a good description of the floor plan as well as a bunch of very accurate pictures. Also, the view from the balcony is beautiful especially at sunset. Steven took us up on the roof too at sunset which was even more spectacular.

BHV does not have a pool which I somehow foolishly thought was a negative. With its absolutely beautiful beach there is no way I’d have spent any time by a pool if they had one, so don’t worry about that.

What sets BHVs apart is the wonderful staff. The bartenders Beverly and Delroy are simply fantastic. Steven the guard kept the annoying beach vendors away and Buju kept the beach raked and immaculate looking. They have a 24-hour guard so that’s nice too. Jinx the driver seems a little cranky sometimes but once you get to know him he’s cool too. He even made pattie runs for us for afternoon snacks.

The drinks were reasonably priced and great, especially Beverly and Delroy’s rum concoctions. We bought Red Stripe out in town (just ask Jinx to stop) so we kept the fridge stocked, but they were just US$1.50 at the bar. The food is good, not great, though breakfast was very good. The cheese and vegetable omelet was really tasty and they made good hash browns. I did not really like the Jamaican breakfast though.

If you like somewhere small where you get to know the whole staff and they look out for you and treat you with wonderful personalized service, then this place is for you. It’s in a great location, right on the beach and within walking distance of Selina’s, Fattie’s and all the live reggae bars on the beach. Jinx is always available (or his assistant) to take you up to the cliffs and he’ll always be right there to bring you back too.

I gave it 5-stars as that seems to be the scale here and I was 100% satisfied. That’s not to say it’s like a typical “5-star” resort like a Hilton or Ritz. It’s just for the small Negril beach hotels, I think it’s one of the best. You can’t go wrong here."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of November 2005

Hotels near Beach House Villas

Stayed at Beach House Villas? Share your insight.

Beach House Villas is also called