Bar-B-Barn

Norman Manley Blvd 7 Mile Beach, Negril Jamaica

Good

Perfect for what we needed

"The Bar-B-Barn is by no means the worlds nicest hotel but if you are going to Negril to have a good time and be on the beach all day then there are no problems with it. I was just there for Spring Break for a week and it was fine. The maid did a very nice job cleaning the room everyday and as a result the room was always in good condition. The beach is nice, the bar is fun, and the pizza across the street is some of the best in the world...seriously. You get your money's worth at the Bar-B-Barn."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of March 2006

Loved Negril but, not this hotel.

"Negril was beautiful and I do recommend that people visit. Just don't stay at this hotel. The bedding reeked of mildew, the lights in the rooms were constantly blinking, the air conditioner made it difficult to sleep due to the constant flow of ice it sent crashing to the floor. There was also no soap in the bathroom and the service left something to be desired as well. Try the Point Village instead. It'll be worth it."

• Travel date: Fri 17th of February 2006

Check It out!

Good

"I stayed at Bar B Barn for 6 nights a few years ago and it was so relaxing and peaceful. The meals were delicious and affordable. Their spot directly on the beach is lovely,come have drinks and/or a meal and catch some rays, go swimming, take a nap in your very clean and cool room. No one has mentioned that you can also rent a vehicle here as well. If you would like to rent a scooter or motorcycle? Go directly across the street and there you have it.
There are many places to see, nice bars and dance places on the beach to visit. Such as Alfred's, they have great food and drinks and a really good DJ named Damion! If you are not sure about where to stay,spend a couple nights at Bar B Barn, it won't take long to feel at home. The staff is very attentive, some places here in Negril at even more expensive places, the staff could care less!
The exchange rate if you change over your money here ... is not too good, change your money at the bank or at the Cambio,it's about a hundred feet from the gate of Bar B Barn to the left, if you are facing Norman Manley Blvd. Also if you like/love jerk chichen? There is an awesome cart right out front at night. {My favorite meal here was the ackee and saltfish for breakfast- yummy!!}"

• Travel date: Tue 31st of January 2006

dinner at Bar-B-Barn

"I'll admit, the hokey name made me skeptical of the food at the Bar-B-Barn, but dinner there was one of the best meals of my life. I was with a group, and Norm (the chef) prepared a menu personally for us. I had a lovely fresh salad with raisins and beets, jerk pork with fried plantains, carrots and chocho (a local squash-like vegetable), and rice, and fresh vanilla ice cream with fried bananas. I can't attest to the hotel, but the food at the Bar-B-Barn is amazing--you won't be disappointed."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of October 2005

Cozy & Romantic

"I stayed at the Bar-B-Barn Hotel on August 02, 2005 for 2 nights and I must give my gratitude to the staff and General Manager at Bar-B-Barn, they were the warmest set of people I met in a long while. I walked into the hotel blind folded; I knew nothing about the property. The staff assure me that I would not be disappointed. I stayed in a Deluxe, King room, the ambiance was really cozy & romantic, I liked that, the room had high wooden ceiling, with fan, A/C cable tv and a refrigerator. Bar-B-Barn is located on Negril's famous seven mile beach. This hotel is great for families and couples. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay at a beautiful property without breaking the bank. I will be sure to return to Bar-B-Barn Hotel on my next visit to Jamaica. Once again thanks to the staff.

Best regards
Sonia"

• Travel date: Wed 24th of August 2005

Foodies Paradise

"If you are looking for a family owned property where the food is prepared by a Master Chef, and the beach is just a whisper away -- this is it! The staff are terrific, especially Elaine, and will make sure you are taken care of. Great for couples, families or single travellers, like me! And the best surprise is the price! You have access to beach, reggae, sights and sun, at a fraction of the price of the all-inclusives (which despite creature comforts, are still like being in jail!) I plan to make an annual trek here before the college weeks, of course..."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of February 2004

Return Trip Was Just As Nice

Good

"I spent Christmas and New Year at the Bar B Barn. Norm has changed the landscaping and added a fish pond. The sound of the running water was a nice addition. He has also spruced up the entrance to the beach.The food was excellent as usual! It is hard for me to eat anywhere else.
His prices are reasonable and the food is tastes good and is artfully presented. Everything is fresh, fresh, fresh!A nice surprise was the Sports Bar that is across the street. There you can play games and eat Norm's succulent pork, chicken or lobster jerk. Steamed fish also.
Plenty of TVs for watching sports. The best part is talking with Norman and his wonderful wife Susan and having them make you feel like a part of the family!"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of January 2004

Great Little Property!

Good

"I just returned from Negril and Bar-B-Barn and I have nothing but rave reviews for it. It is a small but world-class, personal property where the staff gives you responsive, personal attention and is very good at attending to your needs. My room was spacious and clean. It included plenty of closet and drawer space and was cleaned immaculately every day. The food in the main dining room was prepared very nicely, and having dined at many of the most notable restaurants in North America and Europe, Bar-B Barn was above par. I think on one occasion we waited a bit longer than we would have liked, but since we were on holiday with nowhere in particular to go, we didn't mind much. The staff will book tours, horseback rides, parasailing, snorkeling, etc. for you, and since it is not an "all-inclusive", you have a lot of flexibility and freedom to roam. We felt very safe in Negril and had no problems. We thought the salon would do well to add some leg waxing services in addition to the facial waxing that they do. The beach is lovely and well kept. You will feel very comfortable at Bar-B-Barn and will feel refreshed when you leave."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of January 2004

My review

"I stayed three nights here in September 2002. Very nice modest place - rates are decent. Nice vegetation. Situated right in the middle of the action and very safe at the same time with security in the evenings. I showed up without a reservation at 11:00am one day during the week and the receptionist was very unfriendly and made it seem like a big inconvenience for her to check me in which upset me. The female bartending staff and waitresses were not friendly either and breakfast usually took 1 hour to serve! - I also heard them screaming at each other and the cook. Nonetheless, I took the breakfast and dinner package and the food was EXCELLENT! Most memorable dinner was at Bar'B'Barn which was the steamed red snapper dinner! The security guards and cleaning staff were otherwise very nice."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of October 2003

Bar-b-Barn is the Best!!!

"I stayed at the Bar-B-Barn May 31st, The staff was great! So friendly and warming. The owner will see that you are happy and having the best possible stay. They serve delicious breakfast and centrally located on the seven mile beach. Try the Dirty Banana at the bar and go lounge on the beach and run into the water, and at night enjoy the sweets sounds of the ocean. Rooms are so comfortable and clean, and large sizes, with cable and a/c. Will be Back!"

• Travel date: Mon 9th of June 2003

Hotels near Bar-B-Barn

Stayed at Bar-B-Barn? Share your insight.

Bar-B-Barn is also called