Banana Shout Resort

West End Road, Negril 3004 Jamaica

Improvements are unbelieveable!

Good

"I have been staying at Banana Shout every year for five years now. I knew Milo had a great energy when I met him for the first time last year, when he first purchased the property. When I arrived this year, I could not believe how incredible all the changes were...the new bar, the gardens, the cleanliness of the rooms and even the new stereo system! I look forward to returning to Banana Shout even more now."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of March 2007

Great Experience

"I was very pleased and satisfied with the Hotel Banana Shout in Negril Jamaica. Milo the owner of the property was a excellent host. The accomedations were amazing and the view was breath taking. I enjoyed my stay and already looking forward to next years visit at Banana Shout. I recommend Banana Shout to anyone that is visiting Negril Jamaica.

Carmela Anaclerio"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of December 2006

Paradise!!

"I found a home! GREAT ATMOSPHERE, walking distance to everything, great coffe and drinks, great food! I found aFAMILLY ! THE owner is just a Genuen great Person! ALL the cottages are great, the Rooster House as lot's of energy , THE DOLFIN for the lovers! I DID NOT WANT TO LIVE !! I MISS IT BRING ME BACK THERE, SOOOOOOOOON COME JAMAICA!

THANKS YOU MILO AND SHY BOY!"

• Travel date: Mon 11th of December 2006

Very nice

"Just spent two night at Banana Shout at the end of October. It was our last two nights of our honeymoon and a week stay in Negril. Banana Shout was a perfect way to end our week. We stayed in the main two-story cottage as they were rebuilding the two closer to the sea due to the hurricane. Banana Shout is what it is - a natural very laid back cottage on beautiful grounds and wonderful views of the sea. It was just us and the owner Mark staying and he was very accommodating. We throughly enjoyed the cliffs and cave with the shower (they have built in stairs and dive platforms that youu can also bring beach chairs down to lounge in). I really enjoyed floating and swimming down towards the lighthouse. Banana Shout is quickly recovering from Ivan and will be as beautiful as ever. I would definitely recommend this place for a relaxing and quiet getaway. No restaurants or entertainment crews just a beautiful view all to yourselves."

• Travel date: Thu 4th of November 2004

Banana shout rocks

Good

"We spent 2 night s at Banana Shout and it was great. Wished we would've stayed longer. The caretakers are incredibly friendly and very knowledgeable. The property is fairly secluded and with only five cottages there is very few people around. The view of the ocean is great. Watching the waves crash against the cliffs was most enjoyable. You will not be able to snorkel here, the water is too rough, but you can go down the road a bit and snorkel there. You will hear some car traffic in the mornings, but that is unavoidable anywhere on the cliffs. We liked staying on the cliffs as it seemed more flowing with local flavor and less touristy. If you're looking for good time in the real Jamaica go to Banana Shout.
Definitely recommended."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of July 2004

nice but ......

"The Banana Shout Resort is a nice setting but unfortunately it is right next to Rick's and Rick's blasts their music into the night . If your looking for a quiet place , go someplace else ."

• Travel date: Thu 19th of June 2003

Awesome sunsets

Good

"This is a special place in a very special part of Negril. Great value for money: I paid just $50 for a stunning cottage right by the water's edge. It had a kitchenette, huge bed, table and chairs, a deck with a hammock and a large private garden. A great place to relax, read, and rediscover yourself. You'll need to eat out, or buy food to cook for yourself, but the owners will tell you all the best places. There are two negatives: for a few hours in the evening (about 5-8pm) you'll hear the slightly cheesy house reggae band from Rick's Cafe next door; also the sea was too rough at Banana Shout to enter. I highly recommend you go to the 8am yoga class at the Rockhouse.....then you can sneak into the pool and swim in the cove by the hotel (the water there is calm)."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of June 2003

naked nirvana

"I have been to Banana Shout 3 times now, and love it for its privacy. There are only 2 ocean front cabanas and in the off season, there are not many visitors. this is the best time to go in my opinion. clothing optional on the cliff---there is no better feeling than swimming in the sea au naturel and then drying off the same way in the caribbean sun. many great eating places nearby.....see my Naturally magazine article on this place.
Dusty Rhodes"

• Travel date: Sun 8th of September 2002

Wonderful and Relaxing

"I have stayed at a variety of places in Jamaica but Banana Shout is by far the most relaxing laid back of them all. You won't have any luxuries there but you will have a hot shower and a clean bed to enjoy and you will have the best hosts and view Jamaica has to offer. Banana Shout isn't for everyone....if you like to have fun, relax, read, and feel safe and comfortable then this is the only place in Negril to stay......"

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of January 2002

Hotels near Banana Shout Resort

Stayed at Banana Shout Resort? Share your insight.