Aqua Negril Resort

Norman Manley Blvd , Negril , Jamaica , Caribbean

Good

Aqua ...... Absolutely Awesome

"When we came across Aqua Negril online while searching for a better alternative to the all-inclusive hotels, we thought we found a gem. When we arrived, we knew we found a place we'd have to return to anytime we visit Negril! Liz and Ken were specular hosts. We were greeted with a pitcher of rum punch in our room, just as requested, and our room was exquisite. We stayed in the blue oasis room and did not regret it! Patio with a view of the ocean. Plenty of room. Bathroom suite, fantastic. Private. Gorgeous. Romantic. Perfect. Loved it.

When it comes to the breakfast served each morning, we don't think we can say enough to convince you of how delicious it was! We loved it so much, we asked for seconds, despite being a bit embarrassed..... but we couldn't help it! It was just THAT good. Liz is a phenomenal cook. She even made special dishes for our vegetarian requests. Incredible.

To give a review about Aqua Negril and not mention the staff at the bar would not do this review justice. Linton, the head bartender, was one of a kind. We had so much fun just sitting at the bar talking to him! His female counterpart was just as fantastic. They definitely are a big part of the reason we want to return. 65 types of rum. Great location. Any type of drink we wanted. Just writing about it right now makes me want to book another trip as soon as I can.

If you're looking for a first-class tropical b&b with a staff that goes above and beyond, this is for you. Take it from us. We will be back."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of March 2010

Beyond expectations....and they were already set high.

"I'll keep this simple and sweet. My intention is not to sound pretentious..... but to give great credit where credit is due. My wife and I have been fortunate to have been able to travel to many great international locations and stay in 4 star and 5 star facilities exclusively. When reviewing AQUAs website...... you are drawn to the perfection and professionalism that it depicts. But we all know websites are most often decieving with the fancy photo work and well scripted sales verbiage. AQUAs website is real.....Liz ....who owns "and" runs the place with her husband..... is real. Talking with her on the phone and exchanging emails prior to our trip was wonderful. She answered all questions and gave guidance to all inquiries I made. The website and my interaction with the owner made my expectations great. Upon arrival I was so elated to see such a place of perfection. Everything perfectly clean. Not one construction defect noticed, and I am a construction company owner. Everything modern and cutting edge. Details in design and decorating that could make Architectural Digest Magazine. The facility, the staff, the food and drink, the atmosphere, the feeling of " being at home with our sister " blew us away. Exceeding all expectations.....and they were already set high. As people walked up and down Negrils 7 mile beach....I lost count of the number of people who stopped to take pictures....point.....and generally gauk and stare at the luxury my wife and I were laying there enjoying. Great work Liz.....and you know we will see you again. Alex & Lisa"

• Travel date: Sun 7th of March 2010

Perfect, perfect, perfect!

"Wow!!! It all starts with the perfect hosts Liz and Ken who have made a beautiful first class home right in the middle of Negril's seven mile beach and welcome guests to stay in one of their 5 guest bedrooms. They make you feel at home and everything deserves a 5 star rating. We still talk about all the amazing breakfasts, what a special experience, we can't wait to go back. You should see the reactions of people that come to tour the property, they all say the same: "we wish we were staying here..." Marcia and Linton at the bar took care of us and played wonderful music all day. No details were spared. Don't miss the jacuzzi around sunset, what a magical view!"

• Travel date: Thu 18th of February 2010

Aqua is Amazing!!!

"My husband and I have traveled all over Jamaica and stayed in many hotels, but we enjoyed our stay at Aqua the most. What is special about Aqua are the owners Ken and Liz. They go out of there way to make you feel comfortable. They are so friendly and nice. The rooms are private, spacious and super clean and their home is beautifuly decorated with exotic art pieces. I love the private beach front and Aqua bar just footsteps away right on the water. There is also a hot tub on the deck which makes for great sunsets. The gourmet breakfast is soooo tasty...from the homemade traditional Jamaican breakfast to just regular scrambled eggs it was delicious! ...the best food we ate in Jamaica. Ken and Liz made our stay in beautiful Negril so memorable and would recommend staying at Aqua. We hope to be visiting them again soon. One Love"

• Travel date: Mon 4th of January 2010

Our best 'relax and getaway' vacation ever

"An oasis of comfort and civility- basically, you are welcomed into the lovely home of Liz and Ken- beautifully and artfully decorated, large comfortable rooms, fantastic warmth and hospitality, all amenities, great breakfast, great staff. The minute we walked in, after a long journey, we were welcomed with a relaxing vibe. A first class boutique hotel. If you are looking for Negril without the hassle of Negril and the confines of a closed in resort, this is the place. Great relaxation, 5 star comfort, great beachside bar, hassle free sun bathing, great security. Lovely hot tub overlooking the sunset. No pool, but you do not miss it. Highly recommended, no reservations at all. We basically stayed on sight and relaxed for 4 days. For those who just vegge out, our only suggestion for Liz and Ken- afternoon tea with snacks and perhaps food available at the bar. We loved it!!"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of November 2009

Paradise in Negril

"We just got back from 5 days at Aqua Negril and I can't stop thinking about the best hotel I've ever stayed at. I found it by chance googling jacuzzi and seven mile beach and my luck was amazing because what I found was really paradise in Negril.

We arrived from the airport to what can be better described as a villa with 5 rooms than a hotel, and were greeted by the owners Ken and Liz, two of the nicest people I've ever met.

we started off with a drink at the Bar with the great Bartenders Linton and Marcie and sat on the beach while the sun set enjoying our Mojito and "Linton Special." This became our every day ritual having a drink at the bar at sunset relaxing with our new friends Ken, Liz Linton and Marcie.

The room we stayed in was gorgeously appointed, all brand new as the hotel was completely renovated a year ago, so it feels so clean and comfortable. The beds we very comfortable and the bathrooms were huge. For those like myself who need air conditioning in the hot summer months you'll be very happy as the room has a professional ac that provides amazing comfort after hot and humid days in the sun.

That night we also hit the jacuzzi which is on a 2nd floor terrace overlooking the beach. It is a grand jacuzzi that could easily fit 10 people and it has privacy curtains surrounding it if you like so you can block out the world and just see the stars above.

The first morning we awoke to a home cooked gourmet 3-course breakfast of egg souffle with lobster, homemade yogurt and granola and some of the most delicious fruits I've ever eaten. Liz is an amazing cook and every day we had a different special including crayfish and ackee, french toast, homemade sausages and ham and on and on.... She introduced us to many new fruits we've never had and delicious Jamaican spices and dishes. We dreamed about these breakfasts every night.

The beach at Aqua Negril is also a special part of the hotel as they keep it clean and free from the normal hustlers scene on other parts of seven mile beach. Here no one dares to try and bother you to buy something etc.. as they have a security guard right on the beach discouraging anyone from bothering you. This is a very important aspect of the hotel because other places along the beach you are constantly asked to buy weed and bracelets and etc.. while not aggressive or unsafe in my opinion it would be unrelaxing so the fact that you can spend the whole day chilling at aqua negril's beach without any bother is a great plus.

Ken and Liz were such great host's and made us feel like we were staying at a family friend's home. The comfort I felt there was unlike anything I've experienced on vacation, and I have traveled all over the world and stayed at some of the best hotels and I can honestly say this is the best I have ever experienced. The safety of their guests is also something they take seriously and at both the front and back of the hotel are security guards, again Negril felt completely safe to me but this added a level of security that made you feel as safe as if you were in your own home.

Ken and Liz were also great in giving us tips about where to go for dinner and nightly entertainment, and because of that we had the most delicious food every night.

I really can't say enough nice things about this place and have spent the last two weeks making everyone I know jealous of our trip. Ken and Liz have truly created a special paradise on the beach. Since there are only 5 rooms, even fully booked the hotel and beach is basically all to yourself with an amazing staff and gracious hosts.

We will be coming back to Aqua Negril for sure and sending everyone we know here.

Ken and Liz thanks so much for making our vacation one to remember.

Dan and Denise"

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of August 2009

Negril”s Best Kept Secret

"This is not your ordinary Bed and Breakfast. Walking down the seven mile beach of Negril, this house stands out from all the rest. It is the luxury of a 5 star hotel with the personal touches of two great hosts. Ken and Liz showed us around their incredible house, each room perfectly decorated with large bedrooms and marble bathrooms. In addition, the house has amenities that include a large Jacuzzi and an outdoor bar. The bar is open from 10 to 10 and the bartenders are very entertaining. Linton (aka “Slick Willy”) and Marsha made every day exciting. Liz also provides her homemade jerk peanuts that were amazing. Her recipe was even published in a local Jamaican magazine. Don’t let the Bed and Breakfast label fool you. We are not Bed and Breakfast folks and stayed at the more popular Couples Swept Away Resort. We wished we had stayed at the Aqua Negril Resort and when our vacation takes us back to Jamaica, that is were we will be staying.

Bill and Millie"

• Travel date: Wed 6th of May 2009

We want to live here!

"The Aqua Negril Resort is the finest property on Seven Mile Beach! We ran into Liz and Ken at their bar (which makes amazing drinks BTW), and they gave us a tour of the few unoccupied rooms. If we owned, rather than rented, I think we would copy their interior decoration. Unbelievably romantic and we hope we can stay there in 2010!

Also, you should definitely try their brunch! French techniques with local ingredients."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of March 2009

Hotels near Aqua Negril Resort

Stayed at Aqua Negril Resort? Share your insight.