Royal Decameron Montego Beach

2 Gloucester Avenue St. James - Jamaica, Montego Bay Jamaica

Good

Amazing-can't wait to go back!!!!

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"Had to write this review after reading other peoples-the few bad ones...what are you people talking about? I obviously did not stay at the same hotel you did! The hotel itself was lovely, the grounds impecible and the food varied and very nice (with the added bonus of the on site Chinese resturant). However the best asset the hotel offers is it's staff. I have never been to a hotel where the staff have been so attentive and friendly...they really made the holiday! Shawn, Clement, John, Junior, Okiefe, Carlington, Cornet, Welton, Stacey, Carter, Earil, Horrace (to name a few) were just amazing!!!! Thank you so much!!"

• Travel date: Mon 5th of July 2004

A memorable week

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"We have just spent the most wonderful week at Montego Beach Resort. I returned on June 29th and my only wish is that I could have stayed an additional week. Anyone who is looking for a nice relaxing vacation at an affordable price, this is your resort.

When we arrived at the hotel we got a warm welcome from Raymond (much love from Perry and Janice). The dining room staff were extemely attentive. The food was great. The entertainment was better than I expected; I did not expect to see real professional entertainers at a resort.

All my love to the friendly ladies at the front desk. Carter keep up the wonderful job you have been doing. Much love to Shawn at the bar."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of July 2004

A fantastic holiday!

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"I've just come back from spending two weeks at the Montego Beach Resort and I am wishing I'd never got on the plane home!

Jamaica is a wonderfull Island and you will not be dissapointed with this hotel. I was very impressed with the standard considering the very reasonable price. The staff here at this hotel though make the holiday extra special. Everyone is so happy and laid back and will do anything to be of help. The range of food and drink is vast and the extra chinease restaurant on site is a bonus.

The hotel is situated on a long stretch of private beach and is a very short walk from the centre of Montego Bay.

I would highly recommend Jamaica and the Montego Beach resort to anyone wanting a very good value for money holiday on a beautiful Island.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!!

Carla"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of June 2004

Montego Beach Resort

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"We spent a week at MBR and overall it was good. The staff is very accommodating (big hello to Carter). The food was allright, but the Chinese restaurant on the grounds left much to be desired. The room were nice and spacious. The lounge chairs were very uncomforable, as they had no padding. There wasn't too much going on during the day, even though there was a list of activities that were suppossed to occur during the course of the day. The night life is so-so, mostly the House Band or local enterainment. The "hip strip" was fine, no problems walking around. Definately go to Margaritaville .. its a must see. If you are looking for a quiet resort with not much to do but relax, MBR is for you. If you are looking for something with a little more day time activity and nightlife, I'd suggest checking out another resort.
Please contact me with any questions!"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of June 2004

Awesome, will return in September

Reviewed Tue 16th of October 2012

"We arrived in Montego Bay, Jamica on MAY 26th. We were greeted by our tour guide/ friend Sheri at MBR. To be honest, I've stayed at Jack Tar Villiage in the past and found the hotel to be in the same exact order as before. To say the least, I WAS PLEASED from arrival to departure. The food was great. The rooms were nice and as I expected them to be for the price we paid. We paid to stay at MBR not the RITZ. So with that being said, in my opinion, this hotel was five stars for the price we paid. The grounds are well kept, the hotel security made me feel safe. I walked three miles daily at home, and awakend at 5:10am to walk the" Hip Strip" for exercise, and I felt really safe! No one bothered me and I enjoyed my walk every morning. I did go past the front gate and for those traveler's who stay on the resort, you're truly cheating yourself of the nice culture and the beauty that Jamaica has to offer.
If you have any questions please feel free to email me. My friends and I really enjoyed ourselves and will return in September. The trip in May was our 7th one and we are looking forward to the 8th in September.
Regards to everyone reading this review, and to the ones who will take the chance to visit a beautiful country such as Jamaica.
Irie,
Candy"

• Travel date: Wed 9th of June 2004

getting back to like jack tar village

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"i have just return from a 1 week vacation at montego beach resort;last week in may. i have been to this resort 7 times when it was called jack tar village.i have pleasent memories but when i return the hotel is still on going transfermation/eg painting of rooms an outside painting of entire hotel.food is still as good and overall hoel is getting back to normal.the one major stumbling block is entertainment day/and night.enertaiment coordinators there is not enough off and night time entertaiment is dismal, bring back good old days of jack tar with stage shows. mr ching the owner wants to put hotel to be run by somebody who knows how to run it and retuen it to its former glory."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of June 2004

holiday of a life time

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"my first holiday abroad and it was fantastic. four friends went and when we arrived it was amazing. when we arrived at our resort it was all we hoped for and more. the hotel was spotless and all staff were happy, helpfull and always willing to oblige. the views were stunning the beach cleaned daily. there was always plenty to eat with a wide variety of choice so we thank 'big chef' for this. there was always plenty to do or space to just chill out. the excursions were great from swimming with dolphins,climbing a water fall to taking a tour to the local villages and schools and seeing the real jamaica. with special thanks to shawn, juan, big chef, andrea, janice, carter and of course clement who looked after us every day at the pool bar. we had a wonderful time i highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be going back next year. thanks to all for a great holiday."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of June 2004

A perfect 3* resort

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"Wife and I spent 7 days at the property (April 4-11.) We have found TripAdvisor highly trustworthy in all our travel adventures; therefore, we hope to leave an accurate impression for future travelers.

Prior to our trip, we found the reviews from foreign visitors fairly negative. We can understand the frustration for those who paid a lot of money and travelled the distance.

Our assessment: We lived in Hawaii for 10 years, and have been to the top world resorts on Maui, Oahu, and Kaui. We have also been to resorts in Corfu, Malaga, and Phuket.

This is a definitely a 3* property. For its stature and price (on a US package deal), our experience was overwhelming enjoyable and relaxing. The climate, resort activities, and foods met all expectations. No doubt this is not on par with the superb Ihilani resort (built by JAL) on Oahu. The foods were not what we would make at home or with friends. But the drinks were free and always available. We had choices (somewhat limited toward the end by repetition) in the buffet.

The sandy beach was small and the ocean vast. We kayaked to look at jets landing at the nearby airport. A million-buck experience.

The staff was superbly friendly to friendliness.

Overall, we highly recommend this property for a reasonable price.

Bon voyage"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of May 2004

Happy relaxed holiday

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"Allocated on arrival 20/4/04.Hi everyone MBR special hello Carter you may be 3* hotel but all of the staff 5*plus every one who works here is very helpful attentive & friendly. Every where is spotlessly clean.Bathromms could do with a revamp but heck your just in to get washed & out.Go to the managers cocktail party there is a lot effort put into this. its held on a Monday night at 6pm- 7. also the best entertainer of the week a guy by the name of Baldy he is going places.If you can find someone to share a taxi availiable front of hotel, you can do all the trips with him we used Jerry.we bought all our gifts for our family from Breeze gift shop turn right out of hotel 100yds along road turn right into st. James place Peter gave me a fair & hassle free price Hi to all the nice people we met Heather,Alan Ray, Michelle, Jenny, & Maureen,Names are numerous memories plentiful"

• Travel date: Sat 8th of May 2004

Montago Dream Resort

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"I´m back from a 2 week stay in the MBR.
It´s a really nice place where everythings offered.
You can swim, do party or just can take a beautiful view to the sea.

i can recommend this hotel, i´m glad that i´ve been there.

Thank you and best greetings to all the friendly people i met there.

Respect to the staff, suny, michael, sharon 00, theresia, friends of canada and friends of England.

We´ll all see us again

Special greets to both gensis and carter for good entertainment...

ONE LOVE Johnny G."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of April 2004

Hotels near Royal Decameron Montego Beach

Stayed at Royal Decameron Montego Beach? Share your insight.

Royal Decameron Montego Beach is also called