Polkerris Bed and Breakfast

13 Corniche Road, Montego Bay JMCJS Jamaica

Good

ANOTHER EXCELLENT STAY

"I have been staying at this B&B since 1996. I am never dissapointed. Excellent location and staff. Spacious, airconditioned rooms with cable tv in lovely armoires. Refrigerator. Private bath. Scrumptious breakfast served on the patio with your choice of American or Island fare. The innkeepers also own the Pelican restaurant just down the road. Walk to world famous Doctors Cave Beach Club. Sight seeing tours easily arranged. My favorite spot in Montego Bay. Minutes from the airport. Look forward to my next trip."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of May 2008

Wonderful

"This place is fantastic. Peter and Elaine Scudamore were superb. They also own the Pelican and the breakfasts come from the restaurant. They have a wide variety and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming. Elaine is good with giving advice and they're both extremely accomodating.

My husband and I were here for 2 nights and we loved it. The rooms were very clean and beautiful, equipped with a nice frig and view. The rooms were also nicely soundproofed. The pool was amazing. Very quiet with a wonderful view of Montego Bay. It's up on the hill, but easy to access walking through the gates and shortcut they provide.

We would definitely stay here again. They were so nice and were very willing to arrange transport to and from the airport through Dixon.

We couldn't have had a better experience. Highly recommended."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of May 2008

Wow

"Now this IS a lovely property. Very high end place. Stunningly beautiful.
Excellent location. Walkable to the hip strip. Excellent security (trust me I was locked out several times lol).
Gentle staff. Never intrusive. Appeared out of no where.
Super clean, HUGE luxurious rooms (nicest I've stayed in Jamaica).
The pool is lovely. The setting is spectacular!!!!
This is not a place for party people. It's a great spot for those who wish to chill, relax and enjoy the quiet.
It's a lovely spot for vow renewals, small intimate wedding, or honeymoon.
It would be a lovely way to begin or end your vaca for those flying out of MB early or arriving late.
I wouldn't say it's a little child place necessarily.
This is very close to a 5 star type of luxury. Tons of towels, fridge in your room, tv with satelite.
Owners on site.

Very good value as well. Same price as the Wexford but this includes a full american or jamaican breakfast and the accommodations are far superior to the Wexford.

Thank you Peter, Elaine, Gladys and Helen. I look forward to seeing you again."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of April 2008

Wonderful stay at Polkerris

"We stayed at Polkerris for one night on the day of our arrival at Montego Bay and we truly enjoyed our stay. We chose it based on the other reviews from tripadvisor. We had planned to tour the island in a hired car, and the hotel was very easy to find from the airport. Corniche road is sign posted and the directions given by the owner Peter Scudamore on the phone were very helpful.

I was taking my parents on a tour of Jamaica for their first visit as my wife is from Jamaica. Everybody was impressed by how the place looked when we arrived. The rooms were big, very clean and decorated with taste. Overall the place is so well maintained that it looks almost as new, with fully grown gardens on the front and at the back by the pool area.

The only minor drawback was that the road to get to the house had been turned almost into a track by construction vehicles for another hotel, but we had no problem driving to the hotel (and we were not driving an SUV either)

Our hosts were very friendly and even offered us help when our plans for the day had to be changed last minute. They gave us a warm welcome on arrival and some refreshments.

Breakfast was lovely, with fresh fruits and juice, served outside by the pool and you get a choice of a typical jamaican breakfast or french toast / eggs etc.

We highly recommend Polkerris to anybody staying in Montego Bay."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of April 2008

Excellent for Business

"I stayed for a 2 night business trip and was delighted that I chose the Polkerris based on other Trip Advisor reviews.

The property was exceptionally clean and well maintained. My room was large and a match to any 4 star international hotel in terms of quality and amenities. The hosts and staff were attentive, yet unobtrusive and as I left early I was able to enjoy breakfast at the excellent Pelican Restaurant rather than in the property itself. Elaine (hostess) came down to the Pelican ensure that I had no difficulty getting a free of charge breakfast; I didn't but it was a nice touch.

It is easy to find by car and a very short walk to the "hip strip" with its shopping, bars and restaurants.

The only minor issue was the coverage of the wireless internet network, which required a wander around the property to locate hot sopts. However, I will definitely stay there next time I visit Mo Bay."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of March 2008

Irie Mon!

"Wow... where to begin...

This is a beautiful bed and breakfast located on top of a hill on the south end of the "hip strip". A private path or the road will take you down there.

Room was very comfortable. Beautifully landscaped property with a nice pool and deck area. Breakfast served every morning on the patio by the pool.

Peter and Elaine are wonderful hosts who helped make our stay very enjoyable. Helen and Grace took care of us by keeping our rooms immaculate and serving us wonderful breakfasts!

Everything on the strip is within walking distance, including Doctors Cove Beach, which is the best beach in the area.

Mr. Dixon took care of our transportation including a trip to Dunns River Falls, which I highly recommend.

If you don't need to be constantly pampered and drowned in alcohol with an "all-inclusive" resort, and want to relax and experience MoBay on your own, this is the place to stay."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of February 2008

Loved Polkerris!!!!!

"I booked this b&b based soley on the reviews from here and I am so happy I did. I felt as if I was staying with family. The b&b is a up a hill off the main strip and is very private. We were the only ones staying there during this time so we got very lucky.
We were delayed hours getting there and as someone else said, the driver was at the airport when we arrived with our names on a sign....we were both relieved and surprised! This driver (Nelson) is also available to take you on tours throughout your stay which was very helpful. He was very knowledgeable about Jamaica and showed us places we may not have seen on our own.
Every person we came in contact during our stay was super friendly, helpful and kind, espcially the hosts! We had nice conversations with one of our hosts Clarissa and we even got to try some local drinks!
We had a king room, bed was ok-could have been softer but that is the only semi-negative thing I can say about our stay. The room is a nice size with a beautiful view of the water. The room also had a nice tv, large closet and a mini-fridge which is always great to have. The a/c worked great! We didn't use the pool when we were there but it was very nice looking with a rock waterfall wall on one side.
My favorite part of the b&b is the terrace, we spent a lot of our time out on it and it is where breakfast is served. It is very large with several tables and chairs to lounge on....the view is spectacular....overlooking the water and mountains of Jamaica! Every morning we were given our choice of homemade breakfast.....it was delicious especially the dumplings and coffee!!!!
I cannot express what a wonderful place this is....we will definitely return to Jamaica and to Polkerris....when we were there is was very difficult to leave."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of December 2007

The best kept secret in Montego Bay

"My husband and I have just returned from a five night stay in Montego Bay at the Polokerris Guesthouse and we had the most beautiful, wonderful time. Polkerris is a beautiful guesthouse on a private road in Montego Bay and the owner Mr Peter Scudamore kindly arranged for us to be met at the airport by a driver Mr Dixon. Our flight had been delayed and we were not sure if the pre-arranged driver would be there but sure enough, there was Mr Dixon with our name board held high!

What can we say about the accommodation, service and our hosts. It was all first class and five star. We were greeted with home made lemonade and showed to our rooms where the air condition was already on for us. The room was HUGE!. We had the premium room with a king sized four poster bed, remote control sky tv; safety box, fridge with separate ice bucket (which was refilled every day); there were even separate beach towels provided. The property also boasted a beautiful pool which was so clean and warm with ample sun loungers laid out.

Breakfast was included which consisted of blue mountain coffee, fruit juice, fresh fruit platter and a cook breakfast of our choice which was different every day. Marica was our housekeeper and we could not commend her enough. One day we took an all day trip which meant that we would leave before she arrived for breakfast and she prepared this, wrapped it al up and put in our fridge for our return! The grounds are beautiful and well kept and all the staff were extremely friendly.

We would also recommend the Pelican Restaurant which is about a five minute walk from Polkerris as is the beach and all the other fracilities and can be accessed by a private path which runs through the property immediately opposite which is owned and occupied by Peter Scudamore as well as housing other rental accommodation. The food is excellent and serves a variety of English/American/Jamaican food at exceptionally good prices and very generous portions. In fact we eat there virtually every day. As it happens this restaurant is also owned by Peter Scudamore.

We will be going back to Montetgo Bay and without a doubt we will be staying at Polkerris from now on and would not hesitate to recommend this place to family and friends."

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of September 2007

Great Place to relax

"This is a Place what has it all. The best breakfast from the best Restaurant (Pelikan ) in town. The view is great and the Staff is friendly. It is very clean and beautiful. Great Place for anybody anytime to relax."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of February 2007

Hotels near Polkerris Bed and Breakfast

Stayed at Polkerris Bed and Breakfast? Share your insight.

Polkerris Bed and Breakfast is also called