About Iberostar Selection Rose Hall Suites

• infinity pool
  • casino
  • lazy river

Good

Very Relaxing trip! Iberostar does it again!

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"This is the third time we have stayed with Iberostar. The first two times were in Mexico and we thought that place would be very hard to beat. The Rose Hall Suites is only a few months old and it is very nice. It's very clean and the staff are extremely helpful and friendly.

The rooms are wonderful. Large bathroom with a soaking tub and a stand up shower. Two sinks. Decent amount of closet space. I can't complain at all. The room is brand new.

The service was great. Thy replaced our phone and we hadn't realized there was a problem. They also double checked the DVD player that went with the nice flat screen TV.

The resort wasn't very crowded which made the Star friends a little more interested in getting you to "join in." But they were very nice and extremely helpful. Damain was the best! He's being moved to the Grand part of the hotel that opens next month. They're lucky to have him. Ray was also great at the front desk along with Kevin."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of November 2008

Very Impressive

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"Myself, my sister and 2 girlfriends went to the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for the week of November 14th-21st, 2008.
Our first impression was “WOW” This resort is beautiful!!! By the end of our stay our impression did not change. It was an amazing week.
We checked in late at night, and it all went well. We were greeted with smiles and a frozen Miami Vice drink. (Mmmmm)
The rooms are very spacious and clean. The balcony was huge, and our view of the pool and the beach was stunning.
We planned this trip for one reason only, to relax! And we did just that.
The Beach was beautiful, the water was soooooooo warm. The infinity pool was so clean and alluring, we spent many hours at the swim up bar. The bartenders Dexter, Dennis and Ardley were awesome. Our waitress “Shanike” was the best. She looked after us at the beach and by the pool; we never had an empty glass.
The food was always fresh and tasty!! The omelets were great. We had lunch most days at Aunt Ruby’s, and it was never crowed and always good.
We went to the Japanese twice, it was the best! (My opinion). The Gourmet was also very good.
The Service was the best ever!!! The Activity People (Star Friends) were so friendly, and kept us entertained by the pool, and the shows at night were amazing. These guys & girls went out of their way to make sure we had a good time. A big thanks to Kenny, Rocky, Miguel, Robert, Carlos, Fitzroy, Shane, Kerian and Tyrone (from Tyrone’s Canadian Jewelry Store…lol)!!! (Wah Gwaan?)
The only downfall was the weather. The last 4 days of our trip we had some rain, and it was very cloudy and windy!
We had no problems with checking out; in fact they let us keep our rooms late, as our bus wasn’t picking us up until 6pm.
The resort is very modern, and very beautiful! It was only 43% full! That made things very peaceful and stress free. We often said they made us feel like Rock Stars!!!
This was my first trip to Jamaica, and I cannot wait to got back……….to the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites!!! Thanks to all the Iberostar Staff for making our trip to Jamaica unbelievable!"

• Travel date: Sat 29th of November 2008

Excellent Vacation !!!!! Great Resort!!!

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"I am a travel agent and very picky about the places we stay. The Iberostar Rose Hall suites was a great trip. The staff was the Best. We took Patios ( Patwa) lessons that they offered at the pool daily. Patios is the language spoken in Jamaica. We seen one of the best shows I seen in awhile, it was the history of Jamacia. The food was excellent and overall, would recommend this to anyone. We stayed at the Iberostar rose Hall beach in June and that was very nice but I would pay the xtra price and stay at the Iberostar rose hall suites in a heart beat.
Exchange privilages with Iberostar rose Hall Beach ( Adjacent)

Airport 20 Mins away

Room Very clean and beautiful. Very large room. Nice bathroom with a Large tub. We had room 3127 overlooked the pool and ocean.

Food Mexican resturant was wonderful. They had an appetizer bar and then the main dishes. I had lobster and it was wonderful.
Steakhouse was very good. It is outside overlooking the ocean. What a great view. Did not get bite up by bugs
They also had a gourmet and meditterean rest. OVerall the food is great. The steakhouse was the only one outdoors.

Beer: Red stripe light, Red stripe and Heineken
Top shelf liquor : JIm beam, Jack Daniels, Johnny walker, Absolute, Kahula ect.....

Beach Beautiful, alittle rocky but very nice. The water was warm. We were there the day after Paloma ( tropical storm)

Pool what is there to say about the pool... Amazing they had a lazy river, swim up bar and an activities pool.

Staff they were the best. We loved Rocky. He was so much fun. There were so many activities to chose from. Dance lesson, bingo, games, soccer on the beach, volleyball, archery and the list goes on.

For all you people that stayed at these types of places know that when you leave your room you are outside. Well, not here!!! This pplace is Air Conditioned. It is like a regular hotel. indoor hallways, lobby, and resturants.

Finally, we stayed at the Iberostar rose hall, Iberostar Lindo, Maya, Grand, Tucan and by far is the top of the line besides the Grand."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of November 2008

A tAste of AMbiance

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"My home girl and I decided at the last minute to fly out to Jamaica...
"ladies weekend escape". It was during REggae SunFEst so our options were limited. We wanted to stay in a luxury upscale all-inclusive resort...away from the excitement where we could mellow out...but within traveling distance to all entertainment. Iberostar was just that. THe hotel decor screamed "ELEGANT"! The staff was attentive and nice. Poolside activities were awesome...the host has ALOT of energy.The bartenders were friendly fabulous. THe "on the beach massage" relaxed our souls while the body scrub softened our skin! The food was great! We Loved it!!!!!!! Overall, better value than the well-knowned adjacent Ritz-Carlton, which in not all inclusive!"

• Travel date: Mon 24th of November 2008

Rose Hall Suites exceeded expectations

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"We had been to Rose Hall Beach 4 times before, so we can provide an objective review of the Suites. Although we love the Beach, the Suites far exceeded our expectations. The food is absolutely terrific - Executive Chef Lucas does an outstanding job of planning and executing all the dishes. The pastry chef is an artist. One night for dinner they served filet mignon, lobster tail, shrimp and a full sushi bar among many other items. Smoked salmon was available most days for breakfast and lunch. The steak hose is fabulous and they use the same steaks as are served at the Beach steak house. The Mediterranean and Gourmet restaurants are elegant with great menu selections, but we found the Mexican less desireable - the food was bland, dried-out and somewhat greasy. The Resort since it is new has some other minor start-up issues which I'm sure they'll resolve with time - not worth mentioning here.

The people working there are outstanding and genuinly friendly and helpful - if you don't see it just ask since they are all extremely guest-focused. Loreto Lazo, the Manager of Guest Relations, is a very caring and warm person who is dedicated to making your visit problem-free. Dwight the Bars Manager (I think 7 bars) is always cheerful and helpful.

Dressel Divers, the dive operation I have dove with all over the Carribean, is just plain outstanding and professional - safety first. This was my 5th dive trip with them at Rose Hall and the memories I bring home are priceless. They give free pool dive try-outs - I would encourage everyone to try it and become scuba divers.

The rooms are much larger than the Beach with double sinks and sepeate shower and tub - very spacious. Nice LCD flat screen TV's in the room with a stocked mini-bar. The furnishings throughout the resort are elegant and tastefully integrated.

The beach is beautiful with more sun than the Beach resort - so you can select either shade or sun. This is truly a 5 star resort that I highly recommend - I know we'll be back and are already planning a return in April."

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of November 2008

Wonderful, Beautiful Hotel

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"Where do I begin? This hotel is fabulous!! I have been to Jamaica several times and I can honestly say this was one of the best experiences I have ever had. My husband and I usually go by ourselves but this time we decided to take the whole family-our two kids, ages 7 and 1 and the two grandmas.
Check-in was smooth and short-less than 10 minutes. We were greeted with welcome drinks and warm geniune smiles.
Then made our way over to make dinner reservations for all the nights we were there-no problem getting in to the restuarant we wanted or the time we wanted. Now, I will say that this hotel just opened and was not busy-I think only around 65 guests in all. That will surely change soon!!
We went to our room-we booked two suites. WOW! The rooms were nice and spacious! Nice king bed for us and a pull out sofa for our 7 year old, and they provided a nice crib for the baby. The bathrooms were spectacular-nice and spacious as well, with a separate whirlpool tub and shower.
We were off to the beach and pool. Nice infinity pool and spacious beach-very clean too. We were greeted again, this time by the Entertainment staff! They loved the kids and were again so genuine and friendly. Shout out to Fitzroy, Robert, Carlos, Andrae, Rocky, Kerian, and LaShana!!! Love you guys!! These people were incredible and really made you feel special. They knew our names and greeted us everyday!!
We had drink service on the beach and at the pool. Never had to get up and get our own drink! That was amazing! We were so attended to, we were in heaven!
There are several activities to choose from. I think we did them all. Volleyball, Bocce Ball, Soccer, Archery-you name it!!
We ate at the Steakhouse-let me say, we have eaten at plenty of nice steakhousees, and I can honestly say this was one of the BEST! We also ate at the Mexican and Gourmet Restaurants. These were excellent as well! The buffet for breakfast and lunch were exceptionally good. I cannot say a bad thing about any of the food. There was plenty of variety and different selections EVERYDAY!
The hotel's nightly entertainment was awesome too! They have a theater with shows every night as well as several bars. Be sure to go see Alrick at the Music Bar!
We took our 7 year old to the Kids Club-she loved it! We also hired a nanny for two nights-very reasonable price and the kids had fun! Thanks Meisha!! The girls miss you!
All in all this hotel is wonderful and I cannot say enough about it!
I will absolutely, positively go here again. We plan on going next April.
Go see for yourself how beautiful this hotel is and I promise you will have an amazing time!
Ya Mon! Everything's Irie!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 19th of November 2008

Enjoyable Vacation. No major complaints

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"We traveled with another couple to the Iberostar for a week in late October. We had read the reviews and so were prepared for some potential challenges. I am happy to report there were none.

We arrived in the evening and check in was quick. We were in our rooms within 30 minutes.

Weather: Sunny every day. We found that afternoon clouds would roll in after 2pm but it did not rain.

The beach was clean, the water warm and the drink service from the "beach butlers" good. It was a short walk to the beach bar and as others have mentioned we enjoyed the service of Garfield. While the beach is not long you can certainly go for a nice walk up to the new hotels Iberostar is building.

Rooms: Clean, large and well maintained. Our friends were missing a TV Remote and one was provided quickly. They also had a problem with the air conditioning cycling on and off. A call to the front desk and it was fixed the next morning.

Food: This is the one area where I would agree with other reviews that while the buffet was above average the restaurants would rank as adequate. We liked the steak restaurant. The omlet station in the buffet was great.

Service: We did not have any problems with service. We did not find the staff pushy or rude. When we were on the beach they would come and ask if we wanted to participate in the programs and would leave us to our own devices if we said no. The "merchants" selling items from their surfboards outside of the buoys on the beach were amusing and not bothersome.

We enjoyed the fall getaway and would go back to the Iberostar. We traveled in the offseason so the hotel was not busy."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of November 2008

What Paradise should look like

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"What a vacation! We do go often to nice places, but this one beats them all. Never expected this from all inclusive. We stayed at the end of October through beginning of November for 7 nights. We got an upgrade to ocean view (since hotel was almost empty) about 20 guests (not sure, whether it was due to a low season or due to our great economy or hotel being so new). Rooms are gorgeous with marble bathrooms, nice balcony and beautiful views. Pools are great. The beach is one of the best I have ever seen. Really taken care of. No seaweed, white sand, beautiful water. Better than Turks & Caicos and Aruba. Food is excellent, even though only 1 specialty restaurant is open per night for dinner. Breakfast was excellent too and lunch was ok too. You won't be hungry, as there is a great variety to choose from. Service was excellent. Everywhere. From front desk, to room service, to waiters, bar, entertainment personnel, everybody goes above and beyond their job and nobody ever asked or expected tips. And when they did get it, it seemed like they really appreciated. I highly recommend this place!"

• Travel date: Sun 16th of November 2008

great security ;great staff

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"our stay at iberostar rosehall suites was fantabluos ,leon the security guard was awesome he does not fit to be a security ,he is way above that ,i think he should be working at public relations.i am the owner of an hotel and trust me ,anytime he comes to the state there is ajob i have for him.leon is someone whio melts the guests away with charm ,smile care and knowledge.he could give me an history of all the attractions ,tours in jamaica;he could even brief us on our history.i was stunned.leon ensure that our tv cable restored ,on our first night he showed us to the steak hose/and so many other good things.all the other staff are nice ,always smilin.the bartenders served good cocktails.entertainment good but need jamaican flava ,too many sexual inuendos .need live singers to perform too muh dancing.front desk excellent ,food wow wow wow wow wow mad!!!!!!!.i must be back.pure class."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of November 2008

Iberostar Rose Hall Montego Bay, Jamaica

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"Welcomed with smiles and drinks. people wonderful, excellent. Rose Hall Main Road Montego Bay - Little River P.O. St James Rose Hall, Jamaica Tel: 1 876 680 0000 • Fax: 1 876 680 0007...
Everybody services you. Our kids came and went as they pleased. Tons of [email protected] SWIM, DANCE, SPANISH, SNORKLE, SCUBA, SHOWS EVERY NIGHT, and more. They have there own team to entertain you 24 hrs a day, WE LIKED CARLOS, MEISHA, ROBERTO, AND NEISHA. buffet all day, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with SPECIALTY RESTAURANTS LIKE JAPAN,STEAK, and more(pants needed). 6 bars for drinking 23 hrs a day, oh, there are 3 hotels regular, suites (we stayed at), and just opened grand (no kids). member services helps is in the lobby,**** THE BEST PERSON IS WAYNE **** HE SHOULD BE MANAGER. wayne and my husband planned, dinner under the stars for 2, night on the town, and kids taken care of and feed. the people at dunns fall delievered the dvd case we bought of the event with no dvd. wayne contacted the people obtained our dvd and had the dvd mail to our home, with in one week. beautiful ocean view from our room with big balcony. dophin's cove and dunns falls was a great time for team work. buy water [email protected], they are 30-50.00 us dollars each. don't go the there market with colors buildings, they are over prices 50.00 dollars for a wooden mask, nope shop at the first stop and the 2nd to last stop on the shopping tour. no need for us outlet adapters. purified water. eat cong.... we will being back to this hotel..."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of November 2008