Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Rose Hall Main Road Little River, Rose Hall, Montego Bay Jamaica

Great Time and Great Hotel

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"I just recently got back from a stay at the new Iberostar Hotel in Rose Hall Montego Bay Jamaica. Located in Montego Bay Iberostar Rose Hall Beach is right on the shores of Rose hall Beach, the most exclusive beach in the area and is just 20 minutes from the Montego Bay Airport I was told. It actually takes longer because of ongoing construction but I got there safely enough after a somewhat lengthy flight out of Newark NJ. Here is a small breakdown of what the hotel provides:

On the Beach:

Game Room
Dance Lessons

24 Hour All-Inclusive Plan
All meals, including our a la carte Japanese Tepanyaki, Steak House and Cajun
All bars and beverages: unlimited international and domestic cocktails, beers and soft drinks
Daily and nightly entertainment, shows and activities
Complimentary mini-bar in every room
Room Services from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.

I got to the hotel in the dark that same night but I could tell it was a nice place. The first thing to notice is that this hotel/resort is kept very clean. There is a night crew and people during the day constantly dusting or polishing the marble floors. I checked in and someone walked me to my room. I was in a room that I believe was brand new, on the third floor with an ocean view. The room next to me was still under construction. I need to mention this resort only has been open since May, 24th so there are some things that are not done including the two new hotels scheduled to open next year in 2008. The room is clean and the bed was really comfortable. The room is equipped with a programmable safe, TV, mini-bar, two tables and a couple of chairs. The bathroom in the room is very roomy with plenty of towels and amenities in case you forgot something. I woke up to a great view and a balcony with two chairs and a small table that wrapped around the corner of the building. House keeping came a little later in the day which was fine because I sleep late.

I headed down to breakfast and found the dining area to be clean and the staff working very hard because of late comers to breakfast. There was all kind of fruit, pancakes, omelets, bacon sausages, and everything else you can think of. Mind you breakfast is done at 10 AM so if you sleep late you have to go to small restaurant down the beach by the catamaran launch. It is open for people to eat in-between meals. This is an all inclusive resort but I tipped the staff because they were very professional and catered to your every need.

The pool area is great. There is a swim up bar and staff there offers some basic drinks and beer. The blue mountain bar in the lobby has the best selection of mixed drinks and looks to have more inventory than the pool bar. If you need or want something special the swim up bar may not have it. The staff has activities arranging from ping pong, aerobics, dance lessons, and drinking games. There is a focus on speaking Spanish so some instructions given by the staff are in Spanish and English for activities. On a side note I believe the hotel is Columbian owned so the resort caters to Spanish speaking clientele. There is staff to help you book trips outside the hotel in an office outside of the main lobby. If you need internet access there is a small room off the main courtyard with 4 terminals that is free but you may have to wait awhile to use them. There are a lot of people on the terminals during the day, especially kids.

There are three specialty restaurants in the hotel that require reservations. They are free but require a dress code. I never made it to anyone of them because I would have rather had traditional Jamaican food rather than Cajun or Japanese.

I think the thing that impressed me most was that all of the staff really seemed to get along and were genuinely having a good time. It did not seem contrived at all to be honest. In fact I enjoyed the staff and all of the energy they had entertaining the staff 14 hours a day. These kids worked so hard. The band in the theatre was excellent and all of the performers were great as well. There was dancing, musical performances, and different themed nights depending on the day of the week. People were very engaging to the adults and kids alike.

There are some people that said the resort is boring but part of that is maybe because the resort is new. Certain kinks sometimes need to be worked out and I am sure it will improve with time. No hotel is perfect and I don’t understand why people don’t understand that. I would definitely go back to Iberostar. I am sure things will be taken up a notch higher next time I go back."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of August 2007

I've been to Paradise!!!

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"I had the pleasure of spending 8 days at the Iberostar Resort in Montego Bay. I can't express how wonderful and accomodating the staff were. The entertainers,especially Carla, Natalie, Hot Dog, Mad Dog and that charming Elvis were truly amazing individuals. Gary, Phillip and Cordiff always saw to it that my drinks were cold and tasty and they even named a drink after me,( the DAISY) The rooms and views were fabulous and the food was heaven sent. The pictures online do not do justice to this beautiful paradise on earth. I can't wait to return and see my "old friends" at the Iberostar Resort.
Thanks for making my vacation a relaxing and memorable one!!!
Counting the days until I can see you guys next year!!!!
Daisy Mayol"

• Travel date: Sat 28th of July 2007

Heaven

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Another family who were very fortunate to stay there because of Rosehall renovations(travelocity was no help). Unfortunately, we did have to stay a night at the very, very horrible Starfish resort (blech), but after we complained to Rosehall, they moved us here.
Excellent place! Everyone was very friendly and helpful. No complaints except one minor one for us, there weren't many kids in the kids club, although my 3 dds loved the staff very much. Only advice for anyone wondering, bring some nicer clothes because of the restuarant dress codes for a couple of the places-which btw were very nice and tasty! Enjoy it here like we did, we''ll remember our vacation forever thanks to this place!"

• Travel date: Fri 20th of July 2007

All inclusive is not so all inclusive......

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2012

"My husband and I have stayed at an Iberostar property in the Dominican Republic before and had an amazing time. Unfortuntely the brand is not consistant. From check in to check out, we were pressured to tip everyone & when the tip was not good enough, we were told it was dissapointing. We left a tip for the housekeeper each day; the first day we werent given any towles, we ran out of tiolet paper & never received another roll, we reported to the public relations manager "Loretta" 3 times that our water pressure was low and it was never fixed. We were over charged $15.00 in the hotel suite shop, we were charged Jamaican prices and argued this but lost our battle with worker in the shop. Too late at nite to see a mngr, reported to front desk - never recieved a phone call from mngr to fix the problem or give us our money back. Violet with tropical tours was abrasive and untruthful, not expaining the extra excursians as they should have been told. While at dinner one night, we were haggled by our server and shown pictures of the jewelry her family makes while eating at the buffett. We should not be "sold to" at dinner at the resort we are staying at.
1. No ATM and they will NOT cash a travelers check - bring US dollars, they are good in Jamaica. You will only get Jamaican money back from an ATM.
2. All enclusive here is not so all enclusive, bring at least $300 for tipping.
3. Only 3 restaurants; Cajun, Steakhouse, and Japaneese. Depending on your length of stay, you can only eat once, twice ect.. at these places. Other nights are buffett where the food is different if you are from the U.S., if your kids love pizza and pasta then you are okay.
4. They are too supply you with bottled water, beer and soda in the mini fridge, even after tipping the housekeeper, it is not restocked as it should be daily.
5. Rocks in the water at shore of the beach making it hard to walk, bring water shoes with appropriate bottoms. The rocks will hurt your feet.
6. NO NIGHTLIFE, no dancing, little to do at night if you are single and/or a young couple. They offered stage shows that were loud and unfun.
7. Watch out if you are a woman or young girl by yourself at times in the resort. If I was not accompanied by my husband, I was cat called and hit on. "Lincoln" at the poolside bar especially made me very uncomfortable coming outside the bar to talk with me. Waiting at the bathroom for my husband, I was openly hit on by the housemen, pool attendents, maintenance, it was very uncomfortable.
All in all, the bad experiences were outweighed by the good ones, I was with my family and we had fun. If you like fitness, I did beach aerobics daily, water aerobics, reggee lessons, and ran the beach. I would go back to Jamaica but NOT this resort. Hopefully with time they can improve."

Fun Time in Jamaica

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"I just returned on 7/19 from this resort. My friend and I took our 2 daughters who are both 15 for a girls weekend. We loved it! We had 2 oceanfront rooms which were really nice. The staff was great. They had activities all day and the girls participated in many of them (volleyball, archery, darts, shooting etc) The pool water was warm and Kenny and the rest of the crew were fun. They were always having some game or competition for anyone who wanted to take part in.

The food was good. The buffet had several choices each night. We also ate at the hibachi and steak restaurants. We were unable to get into the cajun restaurant. The only downfall with the restaurants is its hard to get reservations, We ate at 8:30 most nights which was fine since there was food available all day to snack on. We tried to get into the cajun place but were told it was booked. When we walked by it was empty and asked if we could possibly get a table but were told it was full. Several tables were vacant. After we ate at the buffet we again walked by the cajun restaurant and it was still empty. I don't know why we were unable to get in when it was clearly empty all night. The other restaurants were very good and service was great.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The bartenders are the best. If you want more liquor in a drink just ask they will put as much liquor as you want in the drinks. Gary and Michael at the pool bar were awesome. Richard in the Music Bar was also great at night. We never went up to the lobby bar. The Theatre was fun at night and ended with dancing most nights which our girls loved.

The hotel only opened in May of 07 so they are still working out some things but I'm sure it will just get better and better. I never heard any construction noise at all. They are building 2 more phases which will make this resort even more awesome. I would definitely return to the Iberostar. I travel a lot to different resorts and this one was great. I have been to Mexico several times and the people of Jamaica were so friendly I'm sure I will return."

Great Hotel, Beautiful Country

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"We were there from June 30th to July 3rd for a long weekend getaway. Booked an ocean view suite on the third floor, and I must say that I was very pleased with the accommodations. The property itself was very well maintained and the staff really go above and beyond to make your stay pleasant. The breakfast was great, about everything you can imagine, including fresh fried donuts. The lunch and dinner buffet was above average, but the service was always great. We had dinner at the Japanese restaurant one evening and the food was ok.
The only downside for me was the water. It was very rocky for the first ten feet and the water was more of a Florida green rather than the turquoise blue found in other parts of the island. The hotel is still dredging, so the water issue will be resolved by the end of the year.
Definitely looking forward to going back soon.

PS - The hotel was only about 30 mins from MBJ airport. The airport also does not have air conditioning in their departure check in area (very uncomfortable)."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of July 2007

Rose Hall Iberostar Top Notch :)

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"We just had the BEST time there.Met wonderful friends with families including Debs422 from OK.We stayed there also June24-July1 and cried basically the plane ride home to Tx.The staff are Tip Top,Food excellent and the Lobby bar staff....(super)2 staff names to mention when you go there are Ryan and Leeza...We also are repeat vacationers to Iberostar chain. I actually can see this climb up the ladder to be as Memorable as the other countries Resorts.Remember PERFECTION takes time was only open for 1 month as we were there BUT we heard nothing But laughter from all,very good place to make friends forever,BUT most of all....Good thing come from those who wait!!
We are going BACK."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of July 2007

Iberostar Rose Hall - Wonderful

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"Stayed 6/24 to 7/1 and it was a wonderful property with a wonderful staff. We never heard the construction. The property was beautiful - in typical Iberostar fashion. The employees of Iberostar - all of them- not just the entertainment staff - were absolutely fabulous - second to none. Hats off to them!"

• Travel date: Thu 12th of July 2007

Loved the Iberostar MoBay

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"My husband and I with 2 children ages 5, 11, had a wonderful stay at the Iberostar July 1 0 July 5. Very relaxing, clean, and great food. Entertainment through out the day and well into the night at the theatre. Tne staff was wonderful and the chefs were great!
Keep up the good work. We will go back before the year is over."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of July 2007

Beautiful hotel, great service

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"This is a brand new all-inclusive hotel. The staff and guest service are amazing, super accomodating. The food is first class with buffet dining for breakfast and lunch and buffet and three restaurant options available for dinner. Beware of the Japanese restaurant - very slow service and nothing more than a Benihana experience. The Cajun restaurant and the dinner buffet are both delicious! Free drinks everywhere with very nice bartenders.
The design of the hotel is absolutely beautiful - Spanish hacienda. The rooms are spacious, supurbly cleaned every day. There is in room fridge stocked with soft drinks, water and Red Stripe daily as well. TV with US satellite channels.
We enjoyed our stay (6 days) and I recommed this property both for it's service and design!"

• Travel date: Sat 7th of July 2007

Hotels near Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Stayed at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your insight.

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel is also called