We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall

Main Road Little River, Rose Hall, Montego Bay Jamaica

Good

Great Experience!

"Ours was a family trip of six people and it was overall a GREAT experience! The hotel is new but already running very well (we gave just four stars on service due to small glitches during our six days there). The staff was very attentive and friendly and worked hard to provide anything we asked for. Food was delicious at every restaurant and even though we dined late and missed much of the entertainment, what we did see we enjoyed! Drinks flowed at all times inside and outside and the only criticism would be that they were weak many times---but again, when we asked for a change it was provided with a smile. The staff is wonderful and made the difference in our stay at the Grand Hotel. My husband and I definitely recommend this all-inclusive, adult only vacation spot!"

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of March 2009

Pleasantly surprised!!

"I must say that we were a little worried about this hotel. I had to jump through hoops just to make our reservation. Their website was down and Iberostar sent us through all sorts of changes. We booked soley based on the previous Tripadvisor reviews. (By the way, the website is up again and working properly.)

This place was awesome. From the moment you step into the foyer, you're treated like royalty. Luckily for us, the place was practically empty. I guess the word isn't out yet about this place. It was as if we had the entire place to ourselves.

I can't say enough good things about it. The service is impecable, the food is head and shoulders above that of any all-inclusive in Mexico, and the rooms were lovely. I would recommend the Aqua Bar at night. There's live jazz and singing there almost every night.

I could go on and on about this place; but, I'd rather highlight some of the wonder staff members that we met while there. Kirton, our personal butler, was attentive and accessible. Sean, the teppanyaki chef, was wonderful. Waitresses Shashanna, Petra-Gaye, Opal, and Antoinette were also friendly and helpful.

Do yourself a favor and visit this hotel. If you're a fan of the ocean, I do suggest you wait until the waters are a little warmer."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of March 2009

Great luxury and value

"My wife and I generally prefer staying at smaller boutique hotels to big all-inclusive chains. But even with our predisposition, the new Iberostar Grand won us over. While there is room for improvement, the Grand gets top marks for delivering about as much quality, luxury, and sophistication as you can expect from an all-inclusive resort, at a very competitive price to other resorts in its class.

We stayed for a week in mid-February, at a time when the hotel was maybe at 30-40% capacity. Since there is not a whole lot of information about the hotel on the web, my review will start with an inventory of the things that the Iberostar Grand offers, followed by a summary what we liked and disliked about the hotel

Amenities
Restaurants
Breakfast (served at the main restaurant from 7:00-11:30): buffet (the usual stations for eggs, waffles/pancakes, omelets, fruits, cereal/yogurt etc.) plus a la carte items (various omelets, eggs Benedict, cold cuts, lobster blini, etc.)
Lunch (served at the beachside restaurant): buffet items (a large variety of salads, cheeses, cold and grilled seafood, grilled meats, and desserts) plus a la carte menu (a 5-item menu with grilled lobster, burger, fish of the day, veggie burger, and something else)
Dinner – served at the 4 a la carte restaurants: Italian, Gourmet, Japanese, Surf ‘n Turf. The main buffet restaurant is also supposed to be open for dinner, but was closed during our stay
Plus access to all restaurants in the Iberostar complex

Beach and pools
Beach beds and recliners, 4 infinity pools with 1 swim up bar, hot tub (though more like lukewarm tub), towels (as many as you want), drinks service, sun blocks and lotions, books, swim goggles and water toys

Room
iPod radio, DVD player, flatscreen TV with all the major network and cable channels, 24 hour room service, mini bar (liquor, wine, soft drinks, bottled water, potato chips, replenished daily), safe, balcony furniture (including a swing), network access to internet (but not wireless), menu of pillows, access to library of DVDs, butler service

Bathroom
Bathrobes, Jacuzzi bath, electronic scale (potentially a very bad idea!), 2 sinks, hair dryer, oversized shower head

Bars
Swim up bar. lobby bar, cigar bar, night club bar

Health club
Shared with the Rose Hall Suites. New equipments and a juice bar. There are also outdoor tennis courts and basketball nets on the property.

Game and computer room
Pool tables, internet access, board games

Likes
The friendly staff
Knowing that a common complaint at resorts is the sour attitude of underpaid and overworked staff, we can’t say enough about how genuinely friendly, cheerful, and willing to help just about everyone at the hotel was, from wait staff to maids to security guards. Even though sometimes the expertise and knowledge was lacking (see Dislikes), the great attitude counts for a lot. The staff was one of the best things about our stay.

Excellent food
The food at the Iberostar was by far the best we have had at an all-inclusive. Most (though unfortunately not all) of the meals we had are on par with good restaurants in a major cosmopolitan city. A lot of effort and craft went into the preparation and presentation of the dishes, even at the buffet lunches. And there’s definitely no skimping on ingredients. The lobster that is available for lunch every day, for example, is a full lobster tail from a 1.5 lb+ lobster. For a foodie like myself to look forward to every meal at an all-inclusive, it’s saying a lot.

Lots of nice little extras
As evident from the long list of amenities, there is a lot that’s included in our stay. Some of the nice little touches that we really enjoyed include the very comfortable beach beds to lie/sleep on and the in-room Jacuzzi,

Good location
A real bonus to only be 20 minutes away from the airport. Not that we took advantage of it, but we were also a short free shuttle ride to the shopping mall

Nice beach
Not outstanding but very good. Clean soft sand, lots of space, and secluded (not once did we see any vendor hawking their wares). Again, the hotel is new and there were few guests, but even if there are twice as many people, there is still a lot of beach to spread around at the Grand. The sense of quiet, relaxation, and spaciousness of the adults-only beach is something we especially appreciated when we walked down to the other Iberostar properties. The beach at the RH Beach is packed and noisy. The beach at Suites is more lively and crowded than the Grand, but not as crazy as RH Beach.

Stylish design and décor
A big modern hotel like this will not have the charm of the type of boutique hotel that has colonial architecture and lush gardens, but we love our sleekly decorated room and the elegant, South Beach-like feel of the hotel. Yes, it may be nice to have more of a Jamaican feel, but we knew that’s not the experience we signed up for in choosing to stay at a Spanish international hotel chain.

Rooms for Improvement
As much as we enjoyed our stay overall, we also felt that the Iberostar is not yet a well-oiled machine and appeared to still be working out some kinks. On one hand, we want to cut the hotel some slack since it’s still so new and the staff are still getting trained. On the other hand, if they are having some issues now when the hotel is hardly busy, it may only get worse when the hotel is full. Most of our issues are fairly minor, but should be stated to provide a balanced review and to give a sense of the type of things the hotel needs to work on to meet its aspiration to be world class.
- We had one request for our butler when we checked into the room: a cable to connect my laptop to the network. It was promptly forgotten.
- For a room service breakfast scheduled for 8:00-8:30 am, we received a 7:00 am call with questions about our order, followed by arrival of our breakfast at 7:20.
- Even though a dinner reservation for 7:00 pm was confirmed, when we got to the restaurant we learned that they actually booked us for the 8:30 seating
- Some of the wait staff seemed less than knowledgeable about the menu and wine list and at times were over-anxious to clear our plates.
- The shower did not drain well and threatened to flood the bathroom on a few occasions
- The food at the Japanese restaurant and, surprisingly, at the Surf 'n Turf, were sub par. We were prepared for and got some flawed attempts at tempura and sushi, but considering how other hotels guests raved about the Surf 'n Turf, it was very disappointing. Maybe they just had an off night, but my porterhouse was overcooked and undergrilled

Overall, our week at the Iberostar Grand was fantastic. We have never stayed at an Iberostar before, but on the basis of this experience, we definitely recommend the Grand and will consider Iberostar for future vacations."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of February 2009

Heaven on Earth! Excellent!

"This Hotel is Spectacular!!! My husband and I just returned from five days of heaven on earth. We have stayed at the Four Season, Ritz Carlton and other Iberostar resorts and this hotel was even better that we expected. The grounds are gorgeous and well planed out with great detail. Our room was luxurious, with beautiful linens and comfortable beds. We can’t say enough about the staff from our private butler, housekeeping, concierge, wait staff and entertainment star friends who attended to our every need. The Food was the best we have ever experienced at an all-inclusive resort. We loved the fresh juices at breakfast and my husband enjoyed the abundance of lobster.

Twenty-five years ago, we went to Jamaica for our Honeymoon and have had little desire to return. Now, we can’t wait to go back to Jamaica because of this Hotel. I cried when we left because the staff made us feel so pampered and special. Our trip so was memorable and we only regret that it was not longer. We will be back!"

• Travel date: Wed 25th of February 2009

one of the best vacations ever!

"We stayed at the new Iberostar Grand in mid February for 4 nights and our only complaint was that we had to leave too soon. This hotel is fabulous. We've stayed at other very nice hotels in Mexico, but this stands alone. Our room was ocean front, and we loved the view. All rooms are large, clean, beautiful, and very comfortable. The mini fridge is well-stocked; I cannot imagine what else you would need in your room. We ate at three of the restaurants and found the service good at all, but the surf and turf was our favorite. If you love lobster or shrimp, you'll have plenty of opportunities to enjoy it. The outdoor restaurant (poolside) for lunch has both a buffet and menu; you can get just about anything you want. If you're still hungry/thirsty...there are butlers there to help you ,24 hour room service, and a fun swim up bar at the pool. You'll love it here; don't hesitate to book it. I cannot imagine anyone not loving this place.
There is a shuttle that will take guests to a near-by shopping area, if you are interested.
Enjoy your trip!"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of February 2009

Six Star******

"Newly constructed resort ,within a 20 min. drive from Mo Bay airport, and an easy 4 hr. flight out of Toronto, Canada. Excellent accommodation,(we booked an oceanfront suite) fantastic food,and among the best customer service we have experienced in the Caribbean...Special thanks to Executive Chef, Mario Gonzalez, Crystal and Shanti(?) from the Entertainment Staff, Kirwan, our Butler and Renee ,our Restaurant Hostess,all of whom made our stay memorable.We most certainly would not hesitate to book another stay at this hotel and highly recommend it to anyone considering a luxury adult vacation in Jamaica.
The only improvement that we could suggest is to perhaps provide more outdoor,evening dining.
Many thanks again to all for a wonderful vacation."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of February 2009

Iberostar Grand put Ritz to shame...

"I wanted to share with our recent experience at the new Iberostar Grand in Jamaica.

Each year my business partner and I reward our company’s exemplary performance by taking them away for a few days of rest and relaxation. Our arrival at the Iberostar began at the recommendation of our travel agent Karen Murray of Classic Travel out of Richmond Virginia. Karen has consistently supported our organization with great trips and this time she hit the mark again.

This trip will be everlasting in our team’s memory because of the exemplary attention to service detail your staff demonstrated to our company. Beginning with Pilar and her gracious welcoming and attention to detail to the fact that she sat in my room getting my internet connection to work. It was apparent that there was no task to small for her or any of your staff. Sandy and the front desk staff made checking in a new experience. Aldaine our floor butler greeted us and made us feel immediately welcome and ensured that everyone’s room was accurate and to their liking. Pool and activities staff of Crystal, Felicia, Robert and others continued to ensure we were comfortable and happy. Monroe at the pool bar ensured we were well hydrated. I am certain there are another dozen employees, who I am sure I have failed to mention.

The food selections were outstanding as well. We returned twice to the Surf & Turf. Additionally, the spa offered many great options.

I could go on and on, however, I just wanted to let you know that you have created a truly special experience at the Grand and we cannot give it a higher rating or recommendation to your resort. We cannot wait to return.

Best of luck with your opening year."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of February 2009

Best vacation we ever had

"This by far is the best vacation we have ever had, we had the pleasure of being guest number 5 and 6 at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall.

For the past 9 years we have been taking two to three vacations a year and have stayed in the various hotel chains with 4.5 to 5 star ratings. This experience has been by far the BEST we have ever had.

From the moment we stepped off the bus and were greeted by the friendly staff, we knew we were in for a "special treatment".

Once we signed in we were escorted to our room by our Butler, yes "our butler", this is one of the features of the "grand" experience.

I can not express in words my impression of our room when I first walked in. The room was absolutely gorgeous, the decor is amazing, the bed linen was beautiful. If that was not enough the bathroom was just as amazing, his and hers bathrobes, slippers and all the toilettries you can ever need.

There are four Restaurants at this hotel ( Gourmet, Italian, Japanesse, and Surf & Turf) and every one were excellent. The presentation of every plate served was amazing. The friendly staff at each of these restaurant made the experience even more enjoyable.

The pool area is absolutely gorgeous, the pool consierge, pool bar tender and waitresses took care of everyone's request. I was amazed at how much pampering we were getting, everytime we would leave our pool chair our towels were changed for fresh ones. The beach and pool side service was top notch.

The entertainment at the hotel was also very good. The "Star Friends" coordinators headed by Felicia did a great job at keeping us entertained. Every night there was a Dance show in the theater, we attended everyone and thought the Dancers did a great job.

If you are not into the theater type shows, there is also a lobby bar that has live entertainment every night. The bar tender there is also very entertaining. (Santino keep up the great job, your tricks kept us entertained)

For all of you DIVERS out there, the Dressell Dive center on the Iberostar property is top notch. The staff at the center is very friendly. We took a 10 dive package and did the best dives ever. We both have about 50 dives behind our belt and can say that the dive sites they took us to were simply amazing. We saw things we had never seen before (10 foot long nurse shark, sea horse, sea turtles and the most beatiful corals) All the dive sites they take you to are beatiful but a must is the ROSE HALL REEF.

I can go on and on about this fantastic hotel, we spend the most amazing two weeks of our life. This hotel by far is all about service. On our last day of our stay we were approached by the Chef of the Gourmet Restaurant and he asked us if we would like to have a personnalized meal prepared exclusively for us that night. How can you say no to that....did I mention that this hotel is all about service..... we were treated like royaltie that night - it was all about us. Thank you so much.

On our final day as we were waiting for the bus to come and pick us up, we were advised that there was a call for us at the reception, it was our butler Kirton calling to wish us a safe trip home. Althought the entire staff at the hotel did a fantastic job, having our butler call on his day off to wish us well was special.

Again, when it bacame apparent that our bus forgot to pick us up - the hotel staff were again very attentive and arranged for a limosine to drive us to the Airport.

In closing we would like to thank everyone at the resort for making our stay so memorable.

Anne and Mario
Montreal, Canada"

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of February 2009

Hotel, Staff, Resort, and the Best Food (a true 5 Star)

"I have never written an online review, but as Tripadvisor reviews helped me make our final hotel choice, I thought it only fair to provide feedback. My wife and I were fortunate enough to be one of the first guests to ever check into this resort. If the Grand continues what it has started, it will become a top MBJ destination for travelers. I have traveled perhaps not extensively, but significantly for both work and pleasure. I have been fortunate to have stayed at some very nice hotels and resorts. The Grand not only stacked up with the best, but the service and especially the food was second to none- inclusive or otherwise!

My thoughts are as follows:
We had an Ocean front room that was modern, tasteful, functional and spacious. In addition, the bathroom size, fixtures, and set-up made both of us seriously consider some home renovations. The porch was semi -private and well divided from the room next door and had a nice seating area and swing. One of the highlights of everyday was having breakfast with this wonderful view of the ocean. BTW we went to the breakfast buffet one morning and although its was extensive and very good, I would recommend taking advantage of a plentiful meal that can be delivered, it’s included and hey your on vacation.

After breakfast we would go to the spa/gym. Both of which were still being finished, but very functional. In fact the equipment at the gym in both quantity and quality was outstanding. My wife also took some great spinning classes. The gym also had small but nice juice bar for after your workout.

Have lunch at the beach side restaurant. Great view and great food! There was a main course to order off the menu, as well as elegant buffet of appetizers, salads and additional main courses (as well as an ice cream bar). The rock lobster tails were grilled to perfection and the seafood salads were both interesting and delicious. BTW their red martini is a great way to ease into the day.

We stayed beach side / pool side and read books, dipped in the pool and enjoyed a few Dragon Stouts (if you like Guinness this is a great local alternative- careful high alcohol beer). The resort was not crowded at all, so the entertainment staff was not really in full swing, but very nice and willing to play games or entertain those willing. I would imagine once the place gets full, it may be lots of fun.

We dined at three of the restaurants. The Surf and Turf and The Gourmet were both outstanding! Get the surf and turf at the … yes you guessed it… and I recommend the Veal at the Gourmet. The Japanese was fun, tasty and a good casual change that stacked up to any in the states if you are tired of white table cloths. Every evening the entertainment staff put on a show, but we did not attend as we preferred to relax at the piano bar.

Bottom-line, we had a 5 star stay and we look forward to going back!"

• Travel date: Thu 29th of January 2009

Far exceeded our high expectations

"We have had the pleasure of travelling to Jamaica as a couple approximately 7 times and have always stayed in upscale luxurious all-inclusive resorts. To name a few....Sandals Whitehouse, the RitzCarlton Montego Bay, San Souci Ocho Rios. While we enjoyed all of our previous stays, we cannot begin to describe how amazingly surprised we were by our stay at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. This resort had only opened two days prior to our arrival. In fact, we are guests #19 and 20. The location was absolutely perfect....15 minutes from the airport but felt like miles away. The views from everywhere on the property were outstanding. Every room has an awesome view of the pools, the beach and of course the ocean. Our room was oceanfront and situated on the corner of the hotel. We spent many hours enjoying our balcony, especially the swinging chair which every room gets.

One thing we really liked about this hotel was that everyone is at the same level. Everyone has a butler suite and receives the same outstanding service. We were so taken by our room we ctemplated never leaving the room. One peak outside the window changed our outlook. The bedding in the room was equal to the RItzCarlton and far exceeds all other all-inclusives we've stayed at.

The resort is uniquely layed out in three pools that are quaint, romantic and all combine into an infinity pool which overlooks the beach. A view I saved on my blackberry for those rough days at the office! The pool concierge was extremely accomodating and made sure our chairs were perfect, our towels were replaced every time we left, and our drinks were replenished at 1/2 empty! The pool bar was awesome. The drinks were top shelf and flowing freely! As we found with all staff members, the bartenders at every bar were extremely friendly, easy to talk to and very professional. We enjoyed each and everyone we had the pleasure of meeting.

In our opinion, food is always hit or miss in all-inclusive resorts. At the Iberostar Grand, food is definitely a main attraction. All guests we had the pleasure of meeting raved over the food and we shared their opinions. The service of the buffet for lunch is outstanding, very elegant, and extremely high quality. You have the ability to order lobster or steak at every restaurant at every meal. Presentation would compare to any upscale metropolitan city and we would encourage other fine all-inclusives to come see how to "do it right."

Lastly, the staff at the Iberostar Grand made our stay truly memorable! Everyone (and we mean everyone) from our butler, to all of the housekeepers, to the bartenders and servers, pool concierge, and of course, the amazing recreation staff went above and beyond to make sure we were having the vacation of a lifetime. We never passed by an employee (groundskeepers and security staff included) who did not stop and smile at us. Talk about customer service. Another top quality this resort truly does right!

"Star Friends" are the recreation staff headed by Sergi and Felecia and they have hired and trained an outstanding staff who really know how to both let you enjoy your alone time and engage you in activities when you want. They definitely added to our vacation and we are grateful to have met them. Every night, you are invited to a Show. Each night a group of professional entertainers "entertain" you by presenting an outstanding show each uniquely different. This is their sole job at the resort and they are truly entertaining. We enjoyed each show. Afterward, they have a nightly disco which is both lively and entertaining!

We met some amazing guests on our retreat there and they definitely enhanced our vacation (Donna, Howie, Ann, Mario, Mike and Lisa!) Thanks for a fantastic time. We all marvelled at how impressed we all were with the Iberostar Grand.

This was truly an amazing vacation, one we will never forget and a place we both strongly recommend to others and visit again.

In closing, we have travelled to the finest all-inclusives in Mexico, Jamaica and the DR, and not one even came close to the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. You would be crazy not to make this place your first choice!

Chris and Jodie
Annapolis, Maryland"

• Travel date: Wed 28th of January 2009

Hotels near Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall

Stayed at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your insight.

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall is also called