Hotel Gloriana & Spa

1-2 Sunset Boulevard Montego Bay, Jamaica West Indies, Montego Bay Jamaica

Loved Glorianas

"I stayed at Gloriana's mid-July 2007 and thought it wuz excellent considering the price & cleanliness. The staff was also cool. They didn't bother us at all. I saw plenty of other tourists there as well. It was my 2nd time in Jamaica & i'd definitely stay there again. I only paid $70 per night for 2 people. U cant beat that. the location was pretty good too. and the food there was great. our room was back in the cut. it was kept very clean. we even had a little porch area that had 2 chairs to chill outside if we wanted. there's not many outlets & bring ur own hairdryer & towels for the beach. My first stay in Jamaica was at an all-inclusive resort in montego bay. I personally would not want to do another all-inclusive because they want to just keep u there on the resort. and we wanted to experience the real jamaica - the people, the food, the parties. and that's just what we did & loved it! we met some real thorough guys that treated us very well. we got to go to negril, ocho rios, nightclubs and also saw the fire water - very cool! the one guy i hooked up with was such a sweetheart. he took us to his home. he's a young man & lives w/ his family. & they had a palm tree in their back yard. he got the ladder, climbed up & got a coconut, chopped it open w/ a machete & put a straw in it & handed it to me! how sweet. we're going back again in february but this time we're staying in negril. i felt like negril seems a little more chill & modern as far as how the tourists interact more with the jamaicans. I definitely left my heart in Jamaica! :) ONE LOVE mon."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of September 2007

a wonderful place

Good

"HOTEL GLORIANNA.................. WOW A WONDERFUL PLACE TO STAY.... I was there thru Hurricane Dean and I couldn't have felt more comfortable then where I was. The owner( Miss G) is one terrific person. We were without power and water for 2 days as there wasn't a generator there, but the staff!!!!!!!!!! WOW They couldn't do enough to make you feel comfortable,,, we couldn't leave the hotel area but really there WAS no reason to. The pool was great, food and drinks exceptional; prices moderate and NO PROBLEM MON!!!! This is not a high class place, it is a homey, comfortable place ,surrounded by caring people."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of September 2007

Best hotel in Jamaica

"WOW!!!!!!! the experience me and my family had at the Gloriana hotel and spa was wonderful. The staff is kind and very flexible. They try there hardest to allways make us feel at home. Its clean, safe and a family style inviroment. They accomadate the rooms they have ,and the number of beds in the room with the number of guests stayin at the hotel. I would rate this 100%!!!!!!!!! i would tell every one about this hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 16th of August 2007

Hotel Gloriana is cozy

Good

"Wide variety rooms,from small and cramped up to suites with 4 beds, which we discovered as they tried to accommodate our group and allowed us to look at several rooms until we found one that was "just right". The staff tries hard to please. The place was clean and I felt safe. My children and I enjoyed the jacuzzi style pool. And the buffet each morning was worth the money. They had an outdoor cafe and bar that was very friendly and just occasionally a little slow. But the overall experience is I would go back to Jamaica and plan on staying at the Gloriana over an all inclusive anytime. It is within walking distance of the Hip Strip and Docs Cave Beach. And tell Ms Gloriana "Hi" for me. She is a dear."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of July 2007

Best of Montego Bay, for sure...

Good

"I actually stayed there unexpectedly five years ago, when my cab driver drove me from Kingston all the way to mo bay. He couldnt find the original place I was supposed to stay at so he took me here. It was awesome. The most friendly staff(except the manager, she's kinda mean, unfortunately) But everyone else was amazing! You will love it!"

• Travel date: Sun 6th of May 2007

Loved It

Good

"I was introduced to this Hotel in 2001 and I was shocked that the rooms were large and clean and had a small refrig. and plenty of space. If you get a room in the front then you will have a patio with front view. the band/bar is great, the pool and outside jacuzzi is good too. They have room service and a kitchen to order food all day. I loved the place cause it's only 3 minutes from airport and the shuttle bus picks you up. It's a comfy place and the staff if great. I have stayed 3-4 times and lovew it. If your a 4-5 star person don't try it. Cause you will notice every little crack and crumb in the place. Over all I will stay over and over cause it's in the perfect place and walking distance to hip strip and they make you feel right at home plus they have internet service for you 30 minutes for a small fee. You can't beat it exspecially if your not going to be in the room all day."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of March 2007

O.K. for location and price but not for a relaxing vacation

"The purpose of me choosing the hotel was because I was visiting my boyfriend and it was close to his job. The rate on this hotel was good, but the room we ended up with was very very small the king size bed took up 3/4 the room. The hotel and the owner was made into a book and movie and the staff is pushing you to buy the book and the DVD. The food was mediocre and the price was ok. The hotel is within walking distance to the "Hip Strip" so please leave the hotel for a good time. The hotel says the "happening" place to be was the pool, but only good thing about the pool was the music that was it.
I would not stay at the hotel again for many different reason but mainly I did not feel comfortable and it was not really clean. By the way as soon as my boyfriend left for work, all kinds of men were hitting on me and I did not feel safe there without him."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of March 2007

JAMAICA!!!!!!!! Ya MON

"I have been to Jamaica a couple of times before. It is a beautiful country!! My experience at Hotel Gloriana was amazing!!! Last year in Feburary was the first time I stayed there. I refuse to stay anywhere else. The staff at Hotel Gloriana are amazing!!! They are freindly,polite and a pleasure to be around.

As far as the rooms go.. they are always clean and well taken care of. Hotel Gloriana has the best rates. To be honest, just to be in Jamaica is luxury to me. I don't need no extremly fancy hotel to stay. I mean as long as it's clean and air conditioned .. what more can u ask for?? Hotel Gloriana is the perfect for that.

It's Location is perfect! You are minutes away from everything .. U can walk to the "HIP STRIP" where there are amazing little gift shops etc ... Doctor's cave is close by and Margarita Ville only minutes from the beach!!

My advice to those planning a trip to MO.BAY .. Is to stay at Hotel Gloriana.. becasue here u can't go wrong!!!!

Sabrina"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of February 2007

Wonderful Service!

"Wonderful service, helpful staff. delicious food. espcially loved the homemade pineapple and mango juice drinks! would stay there again anyday!"

• Travel date: Sat 10th of February 2007

Always a pleasure...

"Found this little gem of a hotel by accident when we asked the locals where was the best place to stay in Mobay - this is the 4th time I've stayed at Gloriana and it's always been a pleasure - the staff are so lovely - nothing is too much trouble for them and nearly all of my friends have stayed there as well. Definitely value for money and it has such a lovely personal touch - its local to everything you need - local restaurants, clubs, beaches and bars and only 5 mins from the airport. The rooms are spacious, clean and well looked after.

On the minus side I'd say that the restaurant is expensive (but we found some great local restaurants which were cheaper) and the rooms located at the front of the hotel could do with double glazing to reduce the outside noise.

It may not be of 5 star standard or to everyone's taste, but I love it and I would definately stay there again."

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of November 2006

Hotels near Hotel Gloriana & Spa

Stayed at Hotel Gloriana & Spa? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Gloriana & Spa