Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa

Rose Hall Rd, Rose Hall, Montego Bay 000000 Jamaica

2070

Loved the Wyndham!

"My husband and I and 12 others went to the Wyndham Rose Hall from April 23-27th and we had a great time! We went all-inclusive and it is the only way to go! We were a big group but we all got to do the things we enjoy...snorkeling, kayaking, shopping, Dunn's River Falls, lazy river! It was great! We enjoyed the food, it was only mediocre at times, but it always hit the spot and the desserts were amazing! Our group varied in age from 21-55 and everyone had a great time. I would recommend it to anyone. My husband and I also traveled to Sandals Montego Bay and stayed there for 4 days and we DO NOT recommend you go there!"

• Travel date: Thu 29th of May 2003

Can't wait to return !

Good

"Wow! I just returned a couple of days ago and am already missing Jamaica. I read all kinds of reviews about the Wyndam Rose Hall before I went and most were very good with a few that were marginal. I loved it at the Wyndam and would recommend it to anyone going to Jamaica. The rooms were clean and average but the rest of the resort was fantastic. The restaurants were above average and the service was EXCELLENT ! I have never met more gracious people in my life. They were willing to do whatever it took to accomodate you.Kudos go to the water park and especially the water aerobics instructor, Everton. He is fabulous. I went on an apple vacation and our representative Michelle was outstanding! We met many return customers and they said they have tried other hotels but none were as charming and warm as the Wyndam Rose Hall.Thanks Wyndam for making my first but certainly not my last vacation to Jamaica a wonderful time."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of May 2003

AMAZING TIME but horrible eating times.

Good

"I stayed all inclusive at the Wyndham from 5/1-5/4 with my boyfriend and had an amazing time. We signed up for Wyndham by Request and they upgraded our room to an oceanview...that would have been great if they didn't have jackhammers going off in the morning right beneath our patio. We had an amazing time just relaxing at the beach and spent hours in the lazy river. There were kids, but they weren't too bad. The food was only mediocre. They didn't tell us till we arrived that 2 of the major restaurants/snack area was closed, so we were stuck with the buffet and the rest. w/reservations. I tend to eat late/we kept missing lunch and THERE IS NO FOOD BETWN 5 AND 6:30. VERY FRUSTRATING. The golfcourse is absolutely gorgeous. be warned that they require a caddy and they charge the caddy to your room...it's not part of the upfront fee you pay when you sign up. The nightlife was stale...we played with the slot machines one night and then paid to play bingo another night....definitely not a place to go for parties, which was fine with us b/c we were there to relax. The staff was ok. The wynfham could have been better, but the lazy river totally saved the trip. :-) But next time, we want to check out Negril...heard it was much more fun compared to montego..."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of May 2003

30 something couple loved it!

"I am an avid traveler through the Caribbean and loved the trip! Don't listen to the complaints. Our room was great and we always found food we liked at the buffet. The brownies were awesome! It seems to me that people are expecting 5 star gourmet food for a four star price. My boyfriend and myself must have picked the perfect weekend May 16-20 to got to Jamaica. (If you want great service travel on a non-holiday weekend). The hotel seemed to be half full as the pool and the beach had plenty of room to sit in the sun or shade and the resort also had very few children. We chose the Wyndham for a relaxing vacation, good food and quality time together. That is exactly what we got! We spent the days swimming in the ocean, riding on an inner tube in the lazy river, playing a little basketball, drinking by the pool bar and most importantly enjoying each others company. for the cost of the trip ($400 less than hotels in Negril) we got what we wanted and more! All the staff were very helpful and we loved the room. I will be back soon!"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of May 2003

fun, but service needs improvement

"My boyfriend and I just got back from a 5 day stay at the Wyndham in Montego bay (May 8-12). It was our first ever all inclusive plan, and overall, it was defintely the way to go. The water park was the higlhlight of our trip - the lazy river is defintely worth the stay. You can float for hours, and you can even float up to the swim up bar. Carrying the room cards were a bot of pain, and would have preferred wrist bands, but it was not a huge inconvenience. Let's talk about the service...we all know that the jamiacans are very laid back - which is great, BUT it got to a point where the wait staff at the pool bars would completely ignore you - getting a drink takes a while - first, the staff has to notice you, and then when they serve you the drinks, you have to wait for them to run your card and then you have to sign. Again, not an inconvenience, but slightly frustrating. The food was very very average ...nothing too special, and not a lot of options. I must say I was very dissapointed in the food quality. THe only exception was the three palms restaurant - words cannot describe the food there. Three Palms is a 5 star and you should make a reservation when you get arrive at the hotel. Luna di Mare was very fancy and the service was excellent, but the food was above average, not outstanding. I recommend the ATV tour and the Luminous Lagoon tour.Also - this resort had a lot of children around. We enjoy children, but you should be prepared to be around them constantly at this resort. Some of the parents were not always watching their kids and it got a little anoying after awhile.All in all, we had a good time, despite the bad service and average food. Make sure you go to wyndham.com and sign up for wyndham by request."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of May 2003

Best vacation I have ever had!

Good

"We stayed at the Wyndham from May1-6th. I have to say that I have never felt so relaxed. Make sure that you sign up for Wyndham by Request. Upon arrival, we received a room upgrade. We had a beautiful view of the golf course and ocean. The beach was wonderful. The staff is up every morning making sure that the grounds are meticulously taken care of. I dont understand why people make such a fuss over the card system for all-inclusive. It didnt bother us at all and it was nice to have the receipts to look back on to see what was included in our package. There was never a line for towels and the staff was generous to exchange for dry, fresh ones when needed. The water park was so much fun. We drifted on the lazy river for hours. The pools were glorious with plenty of room at the pool side bars. Speaking of bars, the Gazebo Lounge was our favorite. We spent every night relaxing under the stars with a beautiful island breeze blowing. Make sure that you ask for Erica or Tweetie. They are the best two servers that we have ever met. We made fast friends and will keep in touch in the future. The one set back that I can think of is the food. It was very average. We went to the Luna De Mar for dinner where the service was excellent and the desserts were decadent. All in all, it was the best vacation I have ever had. I will definitely be back next year."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of May 2003

Great place for families!

Good

"My wife and I and our two kids (ages 11 and 7) spent the week of April 17, 2003 to April 24, 2003 at the Wyndham Rose Hall. I expected a decent, well-rounded resort, but the Wyndham exceeded my expectations. The water park and pools were excellent, the beach was good, the scenery was fantastic (it fit my definition of "tropical paradise") and dining options were adequate. The food choices (particularly the terrace buffet) was just right for our kids. I'm a golfer, and would have loved to have played on the adjacent course, but my wife is not a golfer, so I could only stare and yearn about playing on the beautiful, and apparently quite challenging, course. There was always something going on in the evening adjacent to the pool complex (i.e. Jamaican bands, various tribute bands, crab race betting, magic/fire eating shows, etc.). However, if you turn in early, make sure not to get a courtyard-facing room, because the activities/bands are quite loud until 10:30 p.m., or so. Our room felt a bit worn, but the view from our balcony on the 7th floor more than made up for the room's shortcomings. We strayed out of the complex a few times; once to go horseback riding, another time to go into Montego Bay to take the underwater viewing boat, and a third time to go to Jimmy Buffet's Margauretteville (sp?) bar/restaurant. The hotel offers various tours right from the lobby, usually for groups of eight or more. The hotel couldn't make it more convenient. They offer everything from a simple shopping trip into Montego Bay to a full-day multi-purpose jaunt into Ocho Rios. Also, if you wish to stray off the family but not in a tour group, very dependable and professionally-staffed taxi service is just outside the front door. They will take you anywhere at any time, without the need to notify them ahead of time. They are also very good about making sure they are there for your return trip. It's a bit costly, but the convenience and dependability is worth the price. I was skeptical going ithing" system of drinks and food, but we found it to be quite manageable. Getting a drink was almost always quick, and drinks could be had at any number of locations on the property, including at two handy pool bars. If you or your family are looking for a place to relax and enjoy the sun, water, and palm trees, and if you're looking for friendly bartenders and an accommodating wait staff, the Wyndham is a very good choice. For what it's worth, Gregory Hall was the best bartender on staff. He was at the pool bar when we were there, and he was friendly, quick and excellent with adults and kids alike."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of April 2003

I would Go Back

Good

"I went to rose hall with mixed emotions. every other review I read was negative. I spent 7 days with my wife , 16 year old son and 13 year old daughter and had a WONDERFUL time. My kids only want to go back there and nowhere else. I cannot understand all the stuffy reviews because you can do what you want here relax, play, drink golf , etc.The all inclusive really was great, EXCEPT FOR SIGNING for everything it really makes it hard on you and the bartender or waiter to full understand what is going on. the rooms were adequate , the beach was a bit small but the pools and the water park were GREAT. the food was OK go to the JAVA CAFE, I WOULD GO BACK"

• Travel date: Tue 15th of April 2003

Wyndham for cheaper!!

"I went to Wyndham in December 2002 with my boyfriend. We booked online through hotwire, which gave us the amazing rate of $98/night! Our rate was amazing, but didn't include the all-inclusive plan. We inquired about adding it to our package but found that it cost way more than any person could eat or drink in a day... That said, we did a little poking around and found out that the locals often eat authentic Jamaican food at a nearby stand. We were stuffed for what amounted to $3 (US dollars)!, so it definitely pays to ask around... That said, we had a fantastic time without the all-inclusive plan-- The Wyndham for $98 a night could not be beat!!!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of April 2003

Loved it!

Good

"My husband, daughter and I stayed at the Wyndham Rose Hall the week of March 9-16, 2003. My husband & I stayed there previously in 2001. We had a great time. The landscaping is beautiful, the waterpark is a lot of fun and the Jamaican people are the most genuine I have ever met. The hotel posts a board with daily activities beginning at 7:30 am and running until 1:00 am. Etherton the exercise trainer was great and the activity planners the "Windjammers" provided lots of fun entertainment. The rooms could use a little updating but the people and the hotel in general make up for it. The restaurants were great. Say hello to Gregory at Java's Cafe. The buffet was served with a different theme each evening. My husband is already talking about returning to Jamaica and Wyndham Rose Hall."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of March 2003

Amazing!

"OMG! This holtel was amazin!! there was nothing bad about it, i made soo many new friends i.e angela, yoki, oneil etc...
The bedrooms were very nice, the first thin g i look at is the bathroom which was very nice:)
there are also flat screens in the room and a nice size bed which i loved!
Youu definately get youur money's worth, thats why i definately plan to go back there soon.
there is lots of entertainment for the kids, like they have a games room with wii's, computers, playstation2, pacman and even put on movies for them to watch but outside there is alot of watersports for them, differnt slides in the second swimming pool, and even an activity centre if youu want to play an odd bored game or read a book:)
The food was exellent i even made friends with all the chef's it was amazing, and i would definately recommend it to anyone and everyone at all ages!:)
Hope youu make the right choice and book Rose Hall:)
From AJS from England "

• Travel date: Fri 20th of March 2009

Holiday Heaven!

"What can i say?
heaven!

Everyone enjoyed it! ..more than enjoyed it!

the staff are amazing people, and as we are a lively english family we got on well, theres loads of stuff to do, day and night, as i said the guys there will do anything for you,and make every effort to keep you smiling!

yuki, ricardo, richard, vanty, coreetha, alicia...talk to them all.
they are great people, made the holiday, still in contact with them a year later!!!!

rooms were great, clean, air con nice, weather great, food LOVELY! drinks just as lovely, they made some pretty nice cocktails, the facilities are great!

would recomend it to anyone!"

• Travel date: Mon 9th of March 2009

Hotels near Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa

Stayed at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa

• AJS by AJS

"Loved the food at the resturant and liked to white house and horseback riding "

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa is also called