Beautiful hotel!

• self serve laundry
  • babysitting

Great place to Get away

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"This is a terrific place for people who need a hide away for a weekend or " Need some privacy" the services might not be extremely fantastic but the room i stayed in was in excellent condition facing the beach and the beautiful sunset. its nice for friend who like to hang out and chill. They serve very nice Jamaican meals and their staff are very friendly and considerate. I think this resort is not for the so sophisticated people but for those who wish to unleash and unwind in a casual atmosphere with NO DISTURBANCE. I enjoyed my stay and will be planning to visit Ja. Grandiosa sometime in December. I just want to say to those who place their add about how disgusting this place is that they just pay for what is offered. If they need Terrific services all they need to do is book in The Ritz Carlton or Riu Tropical where everything is everything. Stay Cool. Irie Jamaica"

• Travel date: 26th November 2003

Great Rate and pleasant service

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"My significant other and I stayed at the resort from August 28 - Sept 8, 2003, (11 days). The resort it self provided modest room accomadations, which included air conditioning, hot water, cable television, and optional view of the garden or ocean. Also, rental car service was available at a moderate price.We loved the atmosphere and persons who provided exceptional service. The resort is about five minutes car ride from the beach, hip-strip and heart of the city. It is not advised that person's try to walk to town, unless they enjoy walking, and don't mind the traffic passing by.This resort is definitely for persons who want a quiet getaway with a loved one. The resort does not provide any live entertainment, but there is a bar, dining room and swimming pool on the premises. Prices for alcoholic beverages are resonable. It is strongly advised that currency is exchanged to Jamaican Dollars to eliminate tourists being taken advantage of. ( A great currency exchanger is the "Central Cambio" which is located various places in town. Remember, persons providing services in Jamaica, especially, to tourist, are trying to make a profit, and the Foreign currency is attractive and a tourist could be considered a target.Renting a car and exploring Jamaica is key. Don't lock yourself in your room, or be content with being at an all inclusive compound hotel. If you go to Jamaica, get the "real Jamaica, " that which engulfs the people in the surrounding towns and food shops. Be Jamaican for your vacation, you won't regret it.If this sounds attractive, visit the Jamaica Grandiosa Resort for Great Rates and Pleasant Service.Sincerely,All American in Bronx, New York"

• Travel date: 9th September 2003

The Hell Stop!

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"August the 18, 2003, 3 of my firends and I arrived at this hotel and were really pissed off with what the hotel had to offer. For starters the windows were messed up and could have been broken into easily. We requested the Ocean View and Refridgerators. We didn't have none of this waiting for us either. The lady at the front desk told us that if you go up to the next floor you could see the ocean. So we asked about the refridgerators. They said there was only one left, but we needed 2 because we had 2 rooms. They brought us this ran down, rusty refridgerator and it smelled so bad. There was no carpet on the floor and in the room I shared with my sister we had two run ins with a lizard. The first was when my sister moved the curtain back to look out the window and this little lizard jumped on her arm after this I was ready to go home. Later that night we came in our room and found a lizard on the wall. We were too scared so we splet in our friends room. which wasn't any better because instead of lizards they had ants, but as it got dark the ants went away. The rooms smell horrible. You dont barely have light in your room. The airconditoners are bad they don't kick out good air. The air conditioner in my room was close to dying, they had put grey duck tape around the wires. The pool is disgusting, there was algee at the bottom of the pool. The resteraunt was nasty. There was dirt all over the floor, it looked like sombody had a mud wrestling match on the floor. There was never anybody at the resteraunt either. It was so far from town, we called ourselves walking to the beach that was apparently 15 walking mins away and almost got hit by semi-trucks, wreckless drivers and we were chased by a dog. My advice don't be fooled by the pretty pictures on the internet. Stick with a hotel that you're familiar with or let your travel agency set things up for you. We stayed at this hotel for one night. The next morning our travel agency sent us to the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort and we were there for a whole week and loved in there. The Resort sat right on the beach. I took pictures and will be delighted to e-mial them to you if you don't beleive me."

• Travel date: 2nd September 2003

Beware

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"You get what you pay for, the place is cheap $$. So expect the same service. The restaraunt was supposedly open, but the food was a choice of chicken and fries, although to be fair they would serve the chicken fried or fried. The bar was no better, you never got quoted the same price twice, they actually tried to charge me an additional $2 for getting a redstripe light on top of the $5 for regular redstripe. The morning breakfast was no better, It didn't matter what you orderd, they brought back what they think you should have, which was swimming in grease. when I complained I had the wrong meal, they told me that's what I could get tommorrow. This place make Fawlty Towers look well organised. Just stayed one night, then moved on as fast as we could to couples Ochio Rios which was fantastic, and the place we will go to again and again. Good points about the Grandiosa hotel, hmmmm! Well It's in such a bad state It should be getting bulldozed pretty soon."

• Travel date: 21st July 2003

Good overall place, especially for the $$

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"I stayed 6 nights at the Jamaica Grandiosa and enjoyed it to the max. It was a pleasant, but small hotel located a couple of miles (5min taxi ride) from the hip strip. The rooms were clean, fairly spacious, contained refrigerators, and a safe for your valueables. The pool was small, yet nice and the restaurant and bar were very good. I found the staff to be very friendly and accomodating. People went out of their way to make my girlfriend and I feel comfortable and informed. I agree this hotel is not "The Ritz Carlton," but for the $$ it is well worth the value. Also, they provide a shuttle to the Doctor's Cave beach daily and its free until 4pm. I would recommend this hotel if you are on a budget and looking for a small hotel to just get away and unwind. Keep in mind you will have to leave the hotel for entertainment, but it is only around the corner."

• Travel date: 11th June 2003

Travelers BEWARE

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"Dump does not begin to describe this hotel. It is completely run down. There is no air condition in the common areas including the lobby, the bar and the dinning room. The rooms have air condition but they are on a timer and shut off constantly. The pool was so murky you couldn't even imagine where the bottom was, the Missippi River is clearer than the pool. The hotel is located in the mountains next too...mountains and nothing else. For what you spend in taxi fare your money is better spent on a more central hotel. It cost $14 to go into town and to the beach and the driver expects a tip on top of that. The food was the worse food I ever had on vacation. I had better Jamaican food in New York. Not to mention it was not fresh and often warmed up from the previous day (confirmed this with a local). The room...if you enjoy watching waterbugs and lizards walk into your room, from under the door, as if your in their home than you will love the rooms. There was a spider web in my bathroom that took up half the ceiling, I wonder how the cleaning people missed that and what else they missed. The bed and pillows are like a Flintstone flashback however, I think Fred got a better nights sleep. The service...The lights were out in my bathroom and for two day I requested they be changed but to no avail; Good thing I know where everything is. Leaving this hotel was the highlight of my trip."

• Travel date: 11th June 2003

Great Place

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"I stayed 2 days in Mobay on my way to Portmore, Bull Bay, Kingston area. This was in 2000 I was there. If you are looking to stay on the beach well this is not the place. It is in the hills but only a few min from the strip area. Most of the Caribbean is full of mountains and winding roads so that is nonsense. The reason they did not mention they are not on the beach, it because they are not on the beach common sense. It does not cost $15 dollars to go around the corner its only a 5 min drive. You can walk but I would not recommend it, the walk is only for the seasoned travelers. If you go to the city part its a little longer about 10 min; you will be driving down hill and around the corner to the left. The beach area is no more than a ½ to a mile away that is not long at all unless you are lazy. You will have to go to the rear of the hotel to check in because it is on a hill. The rooms are clean and the floor is ceramic tile some carpeted but most homes in the Caribbean are. The pool is not an Olympic size but you dont need it there is the beach on a little bit away and it is clean. At nigh the gates are locked and there is a security guard on duty. Most hotels in JA have a guard of some kind. The atmosphere is great the front desk the bar/restaurant area and you will see a fountain on the left side when you walk in of from the check in area. There is a top deck you can look out over the mountain side. At night you can take wonderful photos really nice. I would say you will enjoy the accommodations I did. You are better off traveling in the USA if you are going to bring an attitude of I am superior than you which Americans tend to bring and nit pick about everything not good."

• Travel date: 12th April 2003

Quiet

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"Quiet and peaceful. Bare-bones yes, but I felt safe and comfortable. If you're looking for in house excitment, it's not for you."

• Travel date: 5th March 2003

what a dump

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"The hotel was a run down shanty. It was so far from the town. If you wanted to go into town however you had to risk your life because the roads were so windy and the cab drivers were horrible, it was down right dangerous!!! By the way, they don't mention they are not on the beach or anywhere near it. It takes 15 dollars each time you go down to the beach---why go to jamaica and stay in the hills. Swimming in their small pool was not an option either, I think they cleaned it a total of once while we were their. Byer be ware. Don't go, I warn you--I was so disappointed I made my boyfriend by us tickets home earlier than schedualed!!"

• Travel date: 18th January 2003

Friendly and Quiet

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"I stayed at the Grandiosa a few years back during a college spring break trip. The Grandiosa was a great choice. It was quiet and has only 40 or so rooms, so it was not overwhelming and filled with lots of students. The hotel is very spacious and is very pretty -- on a rooftop with a gated entrance. There are great views and the rooms were really nice. Some are clustered together, others are more secluded. My room was in its own wing, basically and the hotel is very pretty. Marble halls, spacious common areas, lots of plants and many open areas and courtyards. The entry to the hotel is really neat -- there is a comfortable sitting area and a great water fountain with fish. The bar is awesome. My friends and I got to know the bartenders and they made great fresh frozen drinks/ The restuarant seemed nice though we never ate in it. I would definitely recommend this hotel. It is off the strip and is very secluded and worth the visit."

• Travel date: 10th December 2002

Hotels near Grandiosa Hotel

Grandiosa Hotel is also called

• jamaica grandiosa resort
  • the jamaica grandiosa hotel
  • jamaica grandiosa hotel