Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa

• infinity pool
  • casino
  • adult pool

Good
Good
1901

Honest ya' mon!

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"Our flights into Mobay were fine. The transportaion wanted us to wait for something? But could tell the bus was ready to roll, so we did. We asked to stop for red stripes on the way, if your not thirsty just wait. The bus stops literally 5 minutes (or less) from the resort. We drove right up to the Lady Hamilton side, I went to check in, K grabbed our luggage. They tried to put us in building 14, on the JA side. After I already upgraded to the Lady H. side thru Cheapcaribbean. Also was told by Cheapcaribbean that we would get the 1-bedroom suite. Well didn't get the suite but did have a nice room in building 28, 2828 to be exact. Nice distance to everything, considering "everything was on the Lady H. side. It had 2 ocean views (we were near the point). Asked the bell boy where should we eat tonight he said the Negril buffet. The Jacuzzi tub was nice, only used it once. Did not take long @ all to fill, the water was too hot for me to get in, lol. The room was kindof dark for our liking. Needed to use our headlamps to see into the closet & the safe. The Safe worked just fine. The cleaning ladys were quite spurratic to say the least. One day 9am, two days later it was 5:30pm & our room was not cleaned up yet. We are not messy people & we had been gone from the room for 7 hours. We did make sure we left a tip for the maid & the mini bar stock boy everyday. so if they missed us, than they missed their tip. The shower smelled like pickels,? Hmmmm. Turned on the TV once, Denver news! We dont even get Denver news, we get New Mexico news, got a chuckle from that one. Got ready for dinner, funny thing the Negril buffet was never open, not one time while we were there...hmmmmm bell boy?(Owen). I Dont think anyone tells you there real name. The boy who stocked the mini bar said his name was Bruce, a couple of days later I heard one of the cleaning ladys call him Chirs..Hmmm. The buffets were just NASTY, B, L & Dinner yuck. We only went to B-1 time. & Tried to go to the "continental B" one time only also, but there was confusion as to where it should be? Hmmm.. The other problem we have is actually not with the resort during the buffets but with the customers. People act like they have never seen food before, or that its going to be "all gone" before they are full. Pushing, cutting in lines. This was our 8th All Inclusive & the worst lunch buffet we have ever incountered. Good thing we are not big eaters. The dinner buffets (only 1-Mobay open) were more of the same-also only went to D-buffet 1-time. More people there acting like there will be no more food, rude people....forgot to pack there chill. However we did make it to all of the Al a Carts, except one & that was due to a 45 minute wait, for Posiden the "seafood" ala cart, @ the farthest beach on the LH side from the menu it was mostly fish dishes. There was a very nice family waiting & said they were @ there 40 minute mark already. Im not much of a cooked fish eater, so we went to the Creole ala cart (xmaycia). Got right in. Had a wonderful meal. We saw the same family on our way back to the room that night, asked how was the seafood, the mom said you would not have liked it, it was too "fishy" for HER. We LOVED the Asian! Went there twice. Once just ordered the sushi, the server got a nice tip that night :-) Fyi, the soups here are very large & noodley & sweet. Skip the soup, save room for dessert, we thought they had the best "different" kinds here. The steak house was good (also went there twice) One time I just ordered all 4 appetizers. Nothing else. I always tip extra when I order wierd. K said the steak @ Pastafarian was the best he had (also went there twice). The setting there was nice especially on a breezy night, right over the main pool. Neither of us have had Indian food before. Neither of us like curry. But it was "different" & definatly ediable. There was a very rude Indian family dining while we were there, very very rude to the server.....shame. The bars, well the alcohol was a bit dissapointing, very very cheap vodka & mixers, think Skor & Dekyper schapps, <shutter> the bottom of the barrel appleton rum. Only red stripes @ Mrs. Lou's bar. Only people in there had there noses a little to high in the air for me. But im bold so i would go in & get our drinks whenever possible. Skyy vodka here also. Cheap stuff just makes me fall down drunk & way to hung the next day. The sports bar was OK, very well lit, considering the rooms were so dark. lol! If you tip the cook, he will wrap up food for you to take to your room. Well maybe if you dont tip too? Who can say? The Disco.....If they turned the music down a couple of deciples they might justget some people in there. Way too LOUD! When they opened the door you could hear the music @ our room! Thats why they only had 2 or 3 people in there whenever we would take a peek. & I LOVE my music bumpin! but that was rediculous. I've closed many a disco down in my day but we did the two step here, one step in & one step out. The Infinity (main) pool was very large, pretty nice, but there is no way they will be able to keep up with the maintenance on that thing... .NO WAY! There was already this green alge looking stuff caked in the "so called" hot tubs..not hot by any standards. There were alot of the tiles coming off & some already had this green mess under them. The adult pool on the LH side was very deep im only 5 foot 4 & had to walk on my tip toes. However the hot tub in this pool was warmer. This pool had the tiles coming off pretty good here too, but no green mess. I thought the spa pools were the best, when the hot tubs werent over flowing. lol! Its really a nice area, covered for the most part, quiet, relaxing, no bar nearby though. The fountains in the middle pool were pretty neat...didnt need a massage after playing in those for a while. There were also some cool showers there five of them, but only two were working. The (very) little lazy river to the outside pool @ the spa had the most tiles coming off. All of that work for all of those tiles, litlerally there has to be 2 million tiles (no joke) if not more throughout the complex & they couldnt use a good waterproof glue? Hmmmm.... The beaches are not large or pristine, nice enough for relaxing & reading a book & getting a nice tan. The best snorkel beach was small near the adult pool not many chairs or palapas. K hit a pokey rock, in his water shoes on the beach, in the sand on the beach. I thought he would need a "stich" but he refused. Men...Yes, the beaches need to be cleaned up, we saw the "beach cleaner uppers" doing there job.....joke, joke. The beach we could see from our room 2828 was the worst for rocks & what not. The one with the lifegaurd chair, never saw anyone in the chair. As people have said before & I agree, someone was in a hurry to get this place completed. The walk ways are beveling pretty good already, the pillars are by no means straight anywhere, lots of crooked things, bricks in front of the spa were being re-worked. The day we left they were already tearing up the whole Lady Hamilton side entrance/parking area, so no pick up & no drop off on that side unitl it is fixed. We would not want to be here when the place is full, & one driver told us they are planning on adding 900 more rooms! I hope I dont sound like I am complaining. im not ,Im just a very honest person who tells it straight up. As we all know vacations are what you make of them. This was our 3rd trip to Jamaica & I have to say this resort did not give me the Jamaican "vibe" that I have felt @ other resorts in JA. I felt like I could have been in Mexico, or Florida, or Michigan for that matter at any givin resort. Didnt feel like we were in Jamaica. Untill we left the resort. But I will save that for another post. Did we have an IRIE time, of course we did, we were on holiday! Any place is better than work & shoveling snow in November. Honestly I would recommend the resort for first timers to Jamaica. But not 2nd timers or beyond. Were we dissapointed...no, we are easy going & usually know what we have gotten ourselvs into. We always have a good time where ever we are, thats just us. Will we return.....to JA yes. Sorry for the spelling, grammer, what have you. Not a journalist... more of a #'s person. KNKTRAVELS"

• Travel date: 21st November 2008

A fine and fun hotel

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"We stayed at the Grand Palladium in Jamaica last week. We booked thru Discount All Inclusive. com and had a wonderful experience. They have visited this resort and were able to give us all the details from first hand experience. It is a new hotel only opened since June of this year. The buildings and grounds are all new. The staff as well are also new. We found the physical layout to be quite imposing. This place is BIG. You have to bring your walking shoes to get around. They do have a covered walkway if the weather is bad. They also have a reliable and frequent shuttle service with "yellow" golf carts that operate as a guest taxi service. The drivers are fun and courteous and the cart is a little quirky. When it backs up it announces "Attention Backing Up" but it is in Chinese. By the end of the week we joined in the chorus and learned a little Chinese. The food is good. We liked the inside buffet better then the outside. We also like the Creole and Steak restaurants the best. All of the ala carte restaurants were very good. Our favorite bar was the Sports Bar. The bartenders were fun and kept the party going. The sports bar also has a small grill and serves burgers, jerk chicken, patties, etc. The Spa is wonderful. It is new, well staffed and cheap. $50 for a massage and many other services. The Massage was first class. One of the best I ever had in Jamaica. Word of caution. When it rains it pours. The hotel is located on a point and the wind hits the hotel in bad weather. The floors are new polished marble and they get wet. Watch your step when it rains....which doesn't happen much in sunny Jamaica. Overall we really enjoyed the place. Good food, friendly service, lots to do and you can't beat the price. Our travel agent recommended this place and we were pleased with the advice and wouldn't hesitate to use Discount All Inclusive to visit grand Palladium again. L and F"

• Travel date: 19th November 2008

Yeah mon! We had a great time at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort!

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"We had a great time at the Grand Palladium/Lady Hamilton in Jamaica! My husband and I went to The Grand Palladium/Lady Hamilton in Jamaica Nov 5-12, 2008. We arrived at about 130 pm, and check in was a breeze. We were greeted with a cold glass of rum punch and lots of smiles! Our room was not ready, but we were given our wristbands and told to go enjoy some lunch and come back in a while to get our room keys. We ate lunch. played bingo while having some drinks and eventually got our room assignment. A friendly bell-person (Carl) helped carry our bags up to our room and gave us a tour. We stayed in a one bedroom suite on the Lady Hamilton side. The room was great! Lots of space in the living room and bedroom combo. Two balconies (both with ocean views!) both with chairs and a table. We were in building 28, room 2831 (third floor). Our room was well taken care of every day with towel art on the beds and fresh towels everyday. Turn down service every evening was a nice surprise. Other reviewers had complained of the beds being hard, and they were a little firm...but they are obviously new. The pillows were nice and fluffy, and I was even able to get an extra one and a blanket when I requested it. The jacuzzi tub was great! I tried it the first night. It only took 12 minutes to fill up (not the one hour other reviewers mentioned) and the water was nice and hot. The showers have hand held shower heads which made it nice when you were trying to wash sand off your feet after walking the beaches. Our mini bar was stocked daily. We so liked the COKE LIGHT and BIGGA ORANGE that we requested only those sodas be stocked, and our wishes were honored happily by Chris our mini-bar stocker. The hotel is beautiful and well taken care of. There are workers out working on the landscaping and cleaning the beaches everyday. There is still some construction work going on in areas, but we were never bothered by noise or workers. The resort is rather large and spaced out. We loved the openness... but be prepared to do a bit of walking. If you stay on the Lady Hamilton side, buildings 26, 27, and 28 are the closest to the main pool, lobby and restaurants. The food was good at all of the restaurants we went to. Breakfast is buffet style in the MoBay. Everyday there are similar offerings. My favorite was a made to order omelet and lots of fresh fruit. Buffet lunch in the Blue Lagoon restaurant overlooking the main pool with open air seating was always nice. Typical buffet style menu, with the addition of fresh fried burgers and a made to order pasta station. Lots of fruits and salad veggies, deserts and soft serve ice cream. Wait staff was good at clearing off tables during busy times, and brought drinks and refilled waters in a timely manor. We had lunch one day at the Poseidon restaurant which during the day serves an abbreviated menu of Burgers, Salads and sandwiches overlooking Sunset Cove Beach. The breeze was very nice as we enjoyed lunch after a morning lounging on the beach. We visited it 3 of the Ala Carts BUBBA'S, PASTAFARIAN and El Mariachi Mexican restaurant. The steaks at Bubba's were great, cooked to our order both times we visited. The pasta was enjoyable at Pastafarian. The Mexican food was a little spicy, but the margaritas helped cool us off! lol! We were celebrating our 20th anniversary, and had a special dinner that night at Bubba's. Even though they do not take reservations, guest services was able to make a reservation for us. We were lead right to our table even though there was a long wait for others, and we were surprised with a table decorated in flowers in a semi-private room. We went to the dinner buffet twice. Jamaica theme night was good, and we got to sample Jerk chicken, jerk pork, curried goat, ox tails, bamma bread, meat patties and lots of other specialties. We also visited on Mexican night. I didn't find as much to enjoy on that night, but we did like the fresh made to order Fajitas. Overall the buffets were good. Our only complaint was that the hot food didn't always seem as warm as it should be, and often the juices and milk out of the dispensers was not as cold as it should be. I did not notice that the food was overly salty as one reviewer had mentioned, in fact we did have to add salt to most things. There was always the fresh fruit and salad veggies to enjoy. Drinks at the bars were always poured strong... no watered down drinks here!! We enjoyed getting to know the bartenders and trying their "specials". Big shout out to Roy and Andrea at Las Brisas Bar and Leroy at the Swim Up Pool Bar. The Entertainment/Activity team worked hard to provide non-stop activities during the day including water exercises and water polo in the main pool. Bingo, trivia and Patois lessons along with dance lessons at the Las Brisas Bar/activity area. There were volley ball games, ping pong tournaments and our favorite ~ couples boccie ball! Joining in the activities was fun...especially since you can win bottles of rum! :-) The Scuba Caribe water sports team was very helpful. although we never got to take the snorkel tour we wanted to since Hurricane Paloma had stirred up the sea and made it very cloudy for a few days. The beaches are constantly being worked on by a crew of landscapers. They were in pretty good shape on Wed and Thursday... but the waves picked up when the Hurricane came through and washed away alot of the sand, and kicked a lot of debris on the beaches. There was a time when the waves were so big that some of the beaches were closed and all the lounge chairs were pulled up to safety. The teams of workers were on the beaches as soon as possible trying to restore order. On the Las Brisas beach there is sand missing in some areas and the landscaping fabric was showing, but they were working on it every day to improve conditions. The Sunset Cove beach was great for relaxing and swimming, and also had lots of lounges and thatched beach umbrellas. Staff was quick to offer to pull up a lounger when new people came down to the beach. The Coral Cove beach was much smaller, but secluded (it is near the adult only pool). We did some nice snorkeling there right off the beach and saw lots of fish. My advice to anyone going would be to bring beach shoes or water shoes to wear at the beaches. The shells and coral bits can be sharp, and there are rocks coral in the water. We also saw lots of sea urchins hiding in the water and weeds when we snorkeled. There were always plenty of towels available and it was never hard to find an unoccupied lounge chair. The pools are huge and fairly clean. They are surrounded with plants and flowers, and I did see occasional flowers floating in the pool. I did see people cleaning it everyday, including someone with a snorkel in the main pool replacing the tiles that have been coming loose. Be careful in the Adult pool on the Lady Hamilton side, there are quite a few missing tiles. There is plenty to do in the evenings. The entertainment team puts on a show every night, and sometimes has out side groups come in to perform. They try really hard and involve the audience in the shows. Special shout out to Entertainment director MR GO, and his team (Lady Chocolate', Sugar, Bubbles,Mr Bond, Crazy Legs, Chez, Spice, Candy and all the rest!) They really made our stay memorable! After the show there is live entertainment (usually reggae band music) in the Infinity Bar, and the disco. The Entertainment team heads to the Infinity bar to mingle and dance with guests, then goes to the Disco to get the dancing started there too. We had a great time overall. It was great to meet new people from all over, and to relax and have fun. The staff was friendly and always helpful! We will definitely be booking another vacation to this resort, and will also be looking at Grand Palladiums in other areas too."

• Travel date: 17th November 2008

Greate for the price

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"The resort is still in opening mode and some things don't go real smooth. We booked through Cheap Carribean.com and got a great price. $1800 for 2 including Air from Atlanta. I do not recommend using the transportation from Cheap Carribean as they wanted us to wait until the next plane arrived so they could send us in a full van. After a 30 minute wait and my constant complaining, they finally put us with another couple that had been waiting in a van. When we arrived at the resort (40 minute drive), the driver went to the wrong front desk so we loaded back into the van and drove over to the correct front desk (the resort is so large they have 2). Check is was very quick and efficient. They do not have an orientation as some of the other resorts do, but they are very friendly and will answer any questions you have. We sent a e-mail requesting ocean front (even though we paid for garden view) and when we arrived we had a room on the 3rd floor overlooking the ocean. The room is good, flat screen tv, wirlpool tub, stocked fridge (though you don't get a choice on what they put in it). We even saw the guy filling the refrigerator and tipped him $5 to put in more diet coke instead of orange soda. That only worked that day so we gave up. There is security visable at all times just standing around the grounds. It is a very large resort and is over 1/2 mile from end to end. We were near one end and the sports beach where the jerk chicker grill was was at the other end. Got lots of walking exersize. There do offer you the option to call for a golf cart and someone will come and pick you up if you don't mind waiting. The beaches are in need of additional sand. The swimming areas are OK. With the resort less than 20% full, there was no issue at all. The sports beach refused us flippers to go snorkling but offered us a $35 snorkle tour. I spoke to the general manager about this and the sports beach then gave me flippers (but they were not happy). The adult pool and beach are very nice and the bar there was the most friendly. They only offer better liquor at one bar and it is upstairs near the main pool. The other bars offer bottom shelf booze. They have the best lounge chairs I have ever seen and they have lots of towles (you just pick up a towel at the pool, beach or wherver. You don't have to trade them out). The food at the breakfast buffet is excellent! The best buffet breakfast we have had on Jamaica (this was our 14th trip). They understand how to make breads and cakes much better than the other resorts we have stayed at. The general buffets for lunch and dinner were just acceptable. The dinner restaurants were pretty good, just not open enough. Only 2 of the 5 restaurants were open on any one night. In summary, very nice for the price as long as they are not crowded. With only 200 guests they were able to do a very good job with the service."

• Travel date: 13th November 2008

Grand Palladium Reveiw

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"My wife and I returned from this resort and our honeymoon 11/09/2008. Will give our complete overview as follows. The complex is quite large so be prepared to do alot of walking. Good walking footware a must. There is a valet cart service available however. People with small children should have strollers. There is alot of marble and brick areas that can be very slippery when wet. The staff is very nice and the many dining areas offer a wide variety of food in the theme of the country represented. The food is excellent and offered in 5 star presentation. This is an all inclusive resort, however small tips to the waitstaff goes a long way in them remembering you as a guest. We had a junior suite and the room was ample, considering the amount of time spent there. Flat screen TV's with various channel selection. The sleeping and sitting areas were nice. The bathooms are spacious wih jaccuzi tubs and shower. The shower setup had the shower spray headed towards the door, so it got the floor wet as the door did not seal tightly. With all the marble and tile flooring, the buildings can be noisy at times with echoing of slamming doors and occasionally loud people. The grounds of the complex are very well kept and any construction, minimal, that is underway did not affect us at all. There are several pools, wonderfully maintained. The oceanside beach area is small and rocky and not like you might imagine as a caribbean beach. There are many poolside activities during the day. There is also live entertainment, usually starting after 10pm. Personal items needed at the stores on the complex can be pricey, so it would be advisable to prepare ahead for your trip. As honeymooners, we were treated to a special honeymoon dinner at the Poseidon Restaurant. If you are honeymooners, be sure to mention this on your reservations. Ask for Dwight on the waitstaff, and mention the name "Rusty", he will remember at the Poseiden Restaurant. A great waiter. It would be advisable to leave any expensive jewelry or keepsakes at home. Unfortunately, my wife's designer sunglasses and designer glass case were stolen from our room. There is an ongoing investigation into this issue. In summary, you will not be disappointed in your choice of this resort. We are already considering a return trip. We rate this facility an "A". Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. Your "subject" Grand Palladium/Lady Hamilton."

• Travel date: 12th November 2008

Don't pay attention to the negative reports!

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"My husband and I stayed at the Lady Hamilton Nov 1 - Nov 8.... what a wonderful trip! The ONLY thing I would change if I could would've been the weather! It rained every day, and we only had 1 full and 2 half days of sunshine - but we were in Jamaica! No problem! Arrival-customs line up was extremely long, but after that, smooth sailing. ** The flight attendants will advise you only need 1 customs card per family - not true, every person needs to fill one out...fyi to save you time! Check in-quick and painless. We arrived late in the evening, were quickly given a drink, our wristbands and package with keys, a map etc. we went to the bellboy to advise which luggage was ours, and sent to the buffet which was wonderful... we went to our room, and our bags, a bottle of rum and a fruit plate awaited us. Very nice. The resort-is grand! Very large, much to do and see. The grounds and beaches are being worked on daily, they are doing a wonderful job. The Food-Amazing! I am a picky eater - very picky! We loved all the a la carte restaurants we tried. Our fave, which we went to 2 nights was the Creole! Try the pepper shrimp at the salad bar! Lunches overlooking the sea with Jerk chicken and a cocktail at the Poseidon was our favourite! You will be pleased with all the choices, quality and presentation! Staff-very friendly! Roy at the beach bar made a very cloudy grey day a wonderful day! Tamera at the adults pool kept the drinks flowing! Latoya at the Infintiy bar is the sweetest woman I've ever met! Thanks for the conversation and drinks! The rooms-clean, bright and spacious. Sure there were a few missing tiles from the pool, the toaster broke one morning (which they quickly replaced), the pool isn't 100% clean, the interlocking is smooth in all areas and the beach is quite rocky (do bring swim shoes!) but you're in JAMAICA! None of the above ruined or even disrupted my stay. The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton is a beautiful resort, with beautiful people! Go and experience it! You won't be disappointed!"

• Travel date: 11th November 2008

No problem mon

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"We booked our trip on cheapcarribean.com all of the information that they gave us helped us prepare for the trip. When we arrived in Montego Bay we were directed to our bus area. We were a little concerned because it said Grand Palladium Negril. This is ok - we were put on the bus with people going towards Negril. We were the first stop. The bus company was Paradise Tours. One thing that was odd, but seems to be the norm is the bus picked up several local people along the way to the resort (they all turned out to be employees of the resort). Also, forget about a time schedule, a Jamaican minute can be anywhere from 5 - 30 minutes, but hey you are on vacation mon! When we arrived at the resort, the check in took all of about 5 minutes. We also arrived at about 12:00 and the room was ready so they gave us our key right away. We had requested an oceanview room and were provided with it. The view was beautiful, we were in building 13 which is in front of a little beach that most people do not frequent. We stayed in a junior suite, the room had everything you needed. The one and only complaint we had about the entire experience was the bed. It was rock hard. Mind you - we are quite spoiled as we have a sleep number bed at home and can adjust to our liking. The food - there was a lot of variety in the buffets and they were quite good. Dinners were good as well - one wierd thing(at least for me) was they expected you to order everything at once, for example, you could not order the appetizer and then your main course. I definitely recommend that you pay attention at the front desk as to which restaurants are open each day. As it is best to plan this. Also, if you want to eat at Bubba's(steakhouse), make sure you go early. Also, pay attention to the time as they only seat until 9:45 p.m. The drinks - they are very accomodating on what you want I reccommend the pina colada and banana colada with spiced rum on top. The pools - gorgeous pools The spa - we had swedish massages, wonderful! They also have a pool spa that has jacuzzis, steam room, sauna, and a variety of different outdoor showers - check it out, it is hard to explain. The beaches - Sunset beach is nice, try the kayaks. Remember what everyone has said about the beaches - a little rocky and grainy - but hey you are in Jamaica - no problem mon! Mayfield Falls - We used a Juta taxi to take us and another couple to Mayfield Falls riverwalk. The taxi driver will wait for you and you are not on anyone's time schedule. The riverwalk was wonderful, you walk up the falls in the river and get to jump into them. Ask for Lamar as your guide, he was great! Bus ride back to Mo Bay - Remember what I said about a Jamaican minute? This is the one case that this was not the case. They were very efficient in making sure that we were at the airport in time. All in all it was a wonderful time, it was our first all inclusive vacation and there were no surprises - the tour in the taxi and the massages were our only added expenses. Just a note - it seems that many workers only work for tips - so make sure that you bring a lot of 1's and 5's - they all treat you right!"

• Travel date: 30th October 2008

Long but detailed

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"My wife and I celebrated my birthday and our first wedding anniversary at The Grand Palladium Resort Lady Hamilton from October 4-10. The following is a review of our stay...its long, but detailed. Check in Check in was smooth and uneventful. I had emailed the hotel ahead of time to let them know it was our anniversary and when we checked in we got special wristbands showing it was our anniversary (comes with some perks; chocolate, champagne and fruit basket in room and special dinner at a restaurant of your choice). Room Room was in the building we requested, spacious although pretty bland, it’s a new hotel not yet to capacity so consider it a work in progress but comfortable nonetheless. We stayed in Villa 34 room 3421 with a partial ocean view (see pics). Some of the finishing seemed to be a bit rushed as the shower door and bathroom towel racks were all crooked. Also one night we decided to use the Jacuzzi tub and that lasted for 5mins. Once we turned on the jets the motor began to overheat and filled the room with unpleasant smoke. Hotel staff was notified and I am sure they would have offered us another room, but we only wanted to try the tub so it was not a major issue. Any issues we had they addressed rather quickly. All in all the room was fine. Beach There are four beaches at this resort and three of the beaches are cleaned and manicured on a daily basis. Here is my breakdown: Sunset Cove: This beach is located at the far southern end of the resort on the Lady Hamilton side. It offers all your water sports, and has jerk chicken at lunchtime cooked right next to the beach bar. The Poseidon restaurant is also located at this beach. There are two drawbacks with this beach. The first is if you are staying on the Jamaica side of the resort, this is the only beach that offers water sports so it is a long haul. They do offer free shuttle service throughout the resort. The second is the water is very murky, not a good place at all for snorkeling. (see pics) Coral Beach: This beach is located close to Sunset Cove, also on the Lady Hamilton side. This is a very small and private beach. The water is very clear and good for snorkeling. The adult swimming pool is also located here at this beach. (see pics) Las Brisas Beach: This is the resort’s flagship beach as it is the largest of the four beaches. This beach is located on the Lady Hamilton side of the resort. As I mentioned earlier, there are no water sports here, only at Sunset Cove. Now while this beach is great for sunbathing and lounging around, it is below average for swimming. While there is some sea grass, the major issue is when entering the water is that you are exposed to sharp rocks for the first five feet depending on where you enter and if you are not careful you will injure your feet. It is recommended that you wear water/aqua shoes when at this beach. The water is clear and snorkeling is not a problem, plus there are some coral formations to explore. The beach bar is closer to the main pool so it is a hump to go and get drinks and return to your spot. The resort should consider putting another beach bar in the middle or employ beach waiters for drinks. (see pics) Gully Beach: This beach is not ready for use. There are several large rocks and little to no sand. It is right in front of Villa 11 on the Jamaica side of the resort. You could take a beach chair and lay down and get some sun, but I wouldn’t recommend anything else until they complete the reconstruction of this beach. (see pics) Pools The resort has four pools. The main pool is located at the center of both wings of the resort, the adult pool located on the Lady Hamilton side, the spa pool also located on the Lady Hamilton side, and a relax pool located on the Jamaica side. Food Before getting into detail about each restaurant I have to point out that I was expecting a lot of local foods and if you think you are having some kind of Jamaican dish everyday, think again. I had to beg and plead to get some local specialties such as ackee and saltfish at breakfast. It’s nice to cater to tourists and keep the menu bland but when I travel I like to be able to taste the local faire and for us it was a little disappointing. Anyway this is our review of the resort restaurants: Poseidon (Seafood and Steak): This is where we had our anniversary dinner, and it was the best food we had on our trip. The steak that I had was perfectly cooked and tasted amazing. My wife had a seafood dish that consisted of squid, mussels, and shrimp. The presentation was quite good. (see pics) Bubba’s Steak house: Well, if you are a person that eats at steakhouses, and know what a good steak is and how it should taste, then you will probably be disappointed here. First, the selection of steaks is pretty small. You have a veal porterhouse, and a New York Strip. My wife ordered the porterhouse and asked for it to be cooked medium. It came back overcooked. She returned it and the replacement steak came back overcooked. The cook has not mastered how to properly cook steaks yet. If you are a carnivore, like my wife and love a good steak, wait until to get back to the states. Xaymaica (Creole): This is not your traditional creole place. The food was good on it’s own but as someone who likes creole food, not up to our expectations. I think the chef that works at Bubba’s steak house also cooks here when the steak house is not open because I ordered a rack of lamb medium and it came back well done. Negril Buffet: Overall the food here is prepared very well and tastes good. There is a lot of selection on any give theme night and the breakfast selection was also quite good. Now keep in mind if you are a very, very picky eater, you may not want to venture with food you have never tried before, so if that is the case you may find the selection limited. The other buffet, Mo’Bay was not open during our trip most likely due to low occupancy at the resort. Pastafarian (Italian): The menu is very simple and refined, but the food here is also good. The pasta tastes like it is freshly made and it is cooked to perfection. The sauces are tasty and do not overpower the dish. Blue Lagoon Lunch Buffet: This is located directly across from Pastafarian, if you are looking for a casual lunch experience this is the spot. You get your food seat yourself and enjoy the views of the main pool and the Atlantic Ocean. The food selection is not as large as Negril, but you can find something to satisfy your appetite. The Lotus House (Asian): This restaurant has a lot of selection from various Asians countries, Japanese, Chinese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Polynesian and Singaporean. The food was good, the sushi was decent and the main dishes were very tasty and well cooked. Sports Bar: If it’s two in the morning and you for some reason have a late night/early morning craving, then this is the place for you. It is open 24hrs and serves things like hamburgers, fries, nachos and other types of snack foods. It also offers your traditional sport bar amenities such as ping pong, pool, table soccer and has a lot of televisions. Staff The staff was very friendly and willing to help with any of your wishes. At no point did I feel like I was not being catered to. No one was rude or abrasive at any point. Entertainment Well this part of the review is mixed. Being of Caribbean decent I look for different things when it comes to entertainment than others. The resort has a very large theatre area where they perform live shows and casino night. They have an entertainment group from Spain that is in charge of developing the shows. I will say that most of the shows were clearly works in progress and need a lot of improvement. The one thing I really didn’t like is that there was very little Jamaican flavor to the shows, in fact they had more of a mainstream and little Spanish feel to them. My attitude is that I am in Jamaica, not North America or Europe, I want real Jamaican music and entertainment. They also have a wide variety of entertainment by the pool area during the day which was more fun. They have dance lessons, drinking games, beach and volleyball just to name a few. The resort also has a mini golf course, tennis courts, and an all purpose field. It also appears that they may be constructing a batting cage. The mini golf course is really a waste of time with no challenge whatsoever. The tennis courts are nice and the all purpose field during our stay was being used for archery. Also be prepared to here all the Bob Marley music you have every heard in your life! (lol) Internet access The resort has an internet café (cyberhut) where you can buy an access card and use their computers, or if you have you notebook, you can purchase a wifi access card to use in your room. The resort also has free wifi in the lobbies, however it is very slow. Conclusion This is a nice resort, I would say right now it is a 3.5 out of five. There is still a lot of work to be done, and some of the rough edges need to be smoothed out. One of the key things they need to add in order to be considered a five star resort is room service, having to leave your room and head over to the sports bar to have a snack or a late night meal is a little much. And you cannot leave any of the restaurants with food and take it back to your room. I understand that they want people to show up at the restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so what they can do is limit the room service from 12midnight to 5am. I think that is a happy compromise. They need to have waiters on the main beach or build another bar so it is convenient for guests. Lastly they need to make the guests feel like they are in Jamaica, not just some island. More Jamaican music and entertainment (other than Bob Marley). There is no doubt that as the largest resort on the island of Jamaica, the Grand Palladium will make several improvements and strive to be a top flight getaway. Would I return……yes."

• Travel date: 23rd October 2008

Great Place to stay for the money....

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"We recently returned from the Grand Lady Palladium in Jamaica and it was awesome !! I went with my brother and his wife and he we had a great time. Here is the bottom line, for $2200, you get 9 great restaurants, all the alcohol you can drink, a fantastic Villa down by the adults only section, and the most amazing pool you have ever seen. The one downer is they need more beach sand.....so if you are a stickler for an awesome beach.....you may want to wait a few months. My wife and I had fun playing Volleyball, swimming, ping pong and pool in the sports bar, and had a huge luxurious room...the place was also only at 25% capacity, so the service is awesome.....free snorkeling and kayaking as well.... Without a doubt this is the best place for the money, if you just want to relax and drink and eat...... I give it a 9.5 out of 10, and it would be a 10 if they had more beach sand........"

Great Resort Vacation

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"This was a great resort. The staff, rooms, food, pool, drinks, everything, was above reproach. Special thanks to Roy at the ativities bar, Jovian and Roy at the pool bar, Curtis & Sydroy, the poolmen, and Faithlyn at the resturants. You guys are the bomb!"

Hotels near Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa

Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa is also called

• grand palladium lady hamilton resort & spa
  • grand palladium lady hamilton
  • grand palladium lady hamilton resort & spa lucea