Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

The Point, Lucea Jamaica

Good

Had a wonderful time/birthday!

Good

"I just returned a couple days ago from the GP. I actually had a wonderful time.

The resort is really huge and grand! We got there on Mon 8/4 and left Fri 8/8. Check-in was easy and quick. After taking 2 planes, getting through customs at the airport and the ride to the resort, I was ready for the cold drinks and towels at the front desk.

After we got our bracelets and room keys, they took us to our 1 bedrm suite via 10 passenger cart.
I was so glad the bellboy took our bags up..we were on the 3rd floor.
The room was very nice. Flat screen tv's and a nice view of the ocean. Loved the jacuzzi tub

We ate at a different restaurant every night. They rotated and there was a choice from 3 or 4 a night.
At breakfast we ate at the buffet. Nice variety of stuff to eat. I do think they should have little signs telling you what some dishes are but it wasn't a big issue.

I went over to the spa and had a full body massage that was great. Some of the services weren't offered yet.

We went on a tour to Negril to Ricks Cafe and did some shopping on the way.

There is a lot of construction still going on but it didn't bother us and we never heard any work at night.

When this resort is completed, it will be a really nice place to stay."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of August 2008

BEST JAMAICAN VACATION EVER!

"My vacation at The Grand Palladium in Jamaica was fantastic! I have been on many vacations and this was by far the best one yet. Jamaica has always been somewhere I wanted to go and it is one of the most beautiful islands I have ever seen. The Grand Palladium was the most amazing resort I have ever been to as well. Since we had so much fun just being at the resort we only went on one excursion. There was no need to leave, because there was always something going on! There were five of us traveling together and every person I traveled with enjoyed the Grand Palladium as much as I did.

The first night we got to the resort the management was there to greet us, which made us all feel very special. We had a problem with one of our traveler’s scooters and they spent over 2 hours fixing it for her (no charge). Everywhere we went on the resort we were treated like royalty the entire 8 days we were there.

When we got to the rooms we were very pleased! We stayed in a one-bedroom suite, which had two balconies with spectacular views of the ocean. My favorite thing about our room was the Jacuzzi tub. It was extremely relaxing after a being at the pool all day enjoying as many drinks as you possible could handle. The room also had a mini bar that was restocked daily and the maids did a terrific job of keeping every thing clean and neat.

The food was also amazing and the presentation was beautiful! We were all scared to try the Jamaican restaurant because we knew nothing about Jamaican food but it ended up being our favorite! Oh and I cannot forget the Mexican, because it too was one of our favorites. In all honesty every restaurant we ate was very satisfying. Don’t think that you will go hungry on this resort because every meal starts off with an appetizer and ends with a dessert leaving you very fulfilled. It was truly overwhelming how great the food was!

Relaxing and having fun is defiantly something you can even out at this resort! The main pool is used for both. And the view of the ocean is over the top. All day the staff occupies you with different games, aerobics, or dance lessons. But, if you want to just sit back and relax in the pool or swim up to get a cocktail, No Problem! We also enjoyed the relax pool. It’s a lot smaller than the main pool, but it is much more personal. The service there is fantabulous! Another pool we enjoyed was the adult pool. We spent two days there and it is one of the best places on the resort because the view is gorgeous. There is a private cove below this pool that is absolutely breathtaking. The honeymoon suites are also next to the adult pool, which are located on yet another one of the most amazing beaches I have ever seen. I didn’t get to check out much of the spa but someone I traveled with said it was "unbelievable"! That’s something I am looking forward to my next trip back because I heard there is a lazy river there! Believe me 8 days was not enough time to do everything!

The entertainment staff was the highlight of my vacation! They made sure you were never bored or left out! Even if it was raining they made sure to make the best of it. By the end of our trip we were all so sad to leave them, because they truly felt like family. I cannot forget about the bartenders and waitresses either, because they also made are vacation unforgettable. The bartenders were so much fun and always made us laugh. The waitresses were all so extremely nice and by the first day you felt like one of their best friends

The nightly entertainment at theater was very exciting to watch and the costumes the dancers wore were gorgeous! Also, be sure not to miss the nightly entertainment at the infinity bar! The resort brings in local Jamaican groups to lively up the night with singing and dancing. Afterwards we would all head down to the disco at 11pm. This was the place to unwind and dance till 2am or later. If you work up an appetite from all the entertainment and dancing throughout the night make sure to stop at the sports bar located directly next to the theater and across from the disco. This bar is open 24 hours and is a great place to get a burger, fries, quesadillas, nuggets and much more.

The date we arrived at The Grand Palladium they were not even open a month. Believe me it did not matter! It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen and the staff was more than accommodating. They truly made it feel like home and I cannot wait to go back.

We were very worried when we read some of the reports about the resort, but found that everything was unfounded. IT IS GREAT!!!!! I do not feel that our vacation could have been better. We were overwhelmed!!!

For more info go to: [-] they have been right about the new resort.

SlideShow of Our Vacation go to: [-]"

• Travel date: Sat 9th of August 2008

FAB Hotel, Loved it.

Good

"“Just returned from “The Grand Palladium”. Stayed between 22 and 29 July 08.
Amazing, Absolutely fabulous looking hotel. Extremely “grand” to look at, however the hotel is still in the latter stages of completion with still another phase to go, but with very little building works to be seen. Out of the 10 restaurants planned we were able to visit 4 during our stay, plus 2 buffet restaurants and they were absolutely fab. Service was however a little slow considering the hotel was not operating to it full occupancy capacity. The main public areas of the hotel had amazing décor which screamed relaxation; however we failed to grasp the real heart of the hotel, as there was no “Lobby Bar”, and the nearest bar was some distance away from the main public areas, and mainly attached to the waiting areas of each restaurant. This made it difficult to take in the opulence surrounding whilst sipping a cocktail. There was only one main bar at nights , on a very large scale, which hosted some form of entertainment at nights. There were no smaller quiet bars around if you wanted to get away from the noise, even the “Reading room” with a bar was attached to the main bar which was quiet noisy.

All the rooms were allocated in Villas style buildings some ten minutes walk away from the main reception, shows, restaurants and main pool with activities, however there were other small pools dotted nearby. The Spa and entertainment theatre were open and a live band played every night. There was also a disco and 24 hrs sports bar that was open, serving snacks. Two shops on the lower reception floor were open and there are plans for many more. The bedrooms although large, lacked the defined qualities of a junior suite; it was just a large room with a sofa bed and small table with two chairs. The fixtures and fittings left a lot to be desired. (Apart from the flat screen TVs, and Ipod station docs)My toilet seat broke on the very first night. I had to have a shower fitted and sit through an hour of loud drilling whist it was being done. The bathroom above us leaked through each time they turned on the whirlpool bath, there was no lock on the outside of the Patio door, and I had to ensure that my husband was on the other side to let me back in if I went out on the balcony. Although the room were cleaned on a daily basis,the cleaning left a lot to be desired,with cleaner leaving wet floor which one could easilly slip on, our bathroom mirror was not cleaned for the entire duration of our stay, nor bath cosmetics replaced, or tea and coffee etc. there was no ”room service” and the thought of walking 10 mins to get to the 24hrs sports bar out of restaurant hours ensured you went to bed hungry instead.

However, on a more positive note, the staff were extremely helpful, often going out of there way to please. Guest services were keen to take suggestions or complaints in hope of improving the level of service daily. The entertainment staff worked hard to ensure that everybody was having a good time, both day and night. We had a fabulous time and didn’t let the little things spoil our time there. The Hotel will be the place to be in Jamaica, as it is certainly “Grand”, to look at and once completed will be amazing. It is well located for some of the major tours around the island. i.e, “Rick Café” Jeep Safari, Horse Riding” Margaritaville”and all attractions in Montego Bay/Negril areas .It is not however suitable for the elderly or those with walking difficulties, as there are no lifts, and the distance involved on reaching the main areas of the hotel from the bedrooms. I would recommend going to this hotel, but only in another couple of months, or on completion as it’s truly an amazing place to look at.
I will most definitely be going back to The Grand Palladium as we had a “fab” time."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of August 2008

Will be Great in the Future...For Now Pack Your Patience!

Good

"Overall, I think that in time this resort will be great. However until then, pack some patience and remember you are in the land of "No Problem Mon!" So relax, take a breather and enjoy!!!

That being said, here's a brief synopsis of our vacation:

The Airport:
We arrive early due to a flight change in Atlanta. Yet we didn't leave the airport until 2 hrs after our arrival. No Problem Mon, We are in Jamaica!!! Left the airport, it took us another 2 hrs to get to hotel, (haha..we ended on a tour bus that kept breaking down)...No problem, Mon.

The Hotel:
We finally get to the hotel and it is huge and beautifully decorated! Check in was quick and easy, but our room wasn't ready. We were given our bracelets and told we could go to the bar or get some lunch. We opted for lunch since we were hungry. We ate buffet, it was ok, I am a picky eater, but still managed to find some things that were good.

The room:
After Lunch, our room was ready. We requested a king sized, ocean view room. Which we received. We were in building 15, rm 1514. Upon entering the room the view from the door way was great!!! We stepped one foot on the floor and it became a slip and slide. (Too funny...took a lot of effort and a lot of whoa to make it from the door to the bed) The maid had just mopped and the room was very humid so everything was wet...No Problem Mon!!! Make the best of a not so good situation. Also, if at all possible don't use your credit card to make phone calls from the room. My cell phone lost it signal, while I was on an important call, so I used the room phone to continue my call. The call lasted aprox 6 minutes and cost me $46.90, even though the room posts $2.50/minute.

The beach/pool:
The beach was small. In the water were lots of rocks. So be careful of where you step. Workers were always on the beach removing rocks and doing so other things, so in time the may get rid of some of the rocks. The pools were great!! I think all of them were opened. The relax pool and bar stays open til' midnight.

The Spa:
I received the combination treatment at the spa, cost about $140. Lasted 80 minutes. You receive about 5 treatments.

The resort is so huge and there is a lot to say about it, but I think I've said a lot already. Just remember the resort is new. The staff is new and still being trained, but they work really really hard to give you great service. If you take along your patience, I think you will have a great time. If you are one that likes things done right the first time and are rigid and straight, I think you should wait a while before going to the resort.

I would defiantly, recommend this resort to others. However, I don't think that we will return because of its size and once it is fully operational at full capacity, it would be a bit overwhelming for us.

Enjoy!!"

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of August 2008

Depends what you are looking for...

"I went by myself for a last minute trip to escape boyfriend troubles so my only objective was to be on a nice beach...

the room....fantastic!! the bed was great, the resort has all junior suites and up, bathrobe and slippers, even a docking station for an ipod next to the bed and a great flatscreen tv.

the food...breakfast and lunch buffets were great but i was not too impressed with the a la carte restaurants for dinner. not terrible but if you are a food person, you might be disappointed.

the beach....the reason i went.....not crowded but that is because the resort has only been open for a month...at full capacity, the beach will be too small for everyone. so many rocks in the water. i kept stubbing my toes....

the staff...so attentive and willing to help (whetheror not you tip them)...all of them are still learning though so you do need to bring a little patience with you...

there is still a lot of construction and landscapers everywhere but there are plenty of activities, pools etc to distract yourself with...

i would go back except for the beach"

• Travel date: Fri 1st of August 2008

Will Be A Great Place To Stay

"My husband and I just returend from a vacation at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We were so not sure about staying at the hotel before we got there, but it turned out to be more that just a pleasant suprise, it ended up being more that we anticipated and was a great getaway for the two of us.

The hotels are going to be two of the best in Jamaica. They just opened this month, and there is still things being worked on that you can see every day but none of it was really a bother. THe resort is already a very nice resort and the first impression you get when you get into the lobby is really a great first impression.. We have been to Jamaica many times - first time was in 1980 - and I must admit, there are really no hotels that give views of the pool, the beach, the sea and the coast line like these two properties from he public area. The bar over the main buffet restuarant was our favorite hang out....very view places in Jamaica have a view like that....

The rooms were really big - we stayed in a real one bedroom suite - that was well appointed, flat screen tv and a great view of the sea..which we did not expect.....the food was very good and a big suprise, lots of variety and the staff - you can tell were new and still getting trained but they were great and very accommodating...

If you look past the fact the hotels did just open, and you could see things being worked on, you will like this resort. now....it is in a great location, close to the airport, and not in a crowded area with all kinds of other hotels...

We are already looking forward to coming back here to stay in the suites out on the point, where the rooms all have an ocean view ocean front view...and are for adults only.

All I can say is try it, you will like it....we had a great time and I cant wait to come back"

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of July 2008

Excellent value for money, food was great

Good

"Just got back from Grand Palladium Jamaica yesterday. Spent 4 nights there. Wasn't sure what to expect but for the great price that I got, couldn't be that bad. I was surprised. There were not that many people there since it is new, but pool was always busy. The room was really nice and big, and my wife loved the tub. Food was much better than I had in Punta Cana last year. The mexican restaurant was our favorite. There were lots of staff members around so you felt like you had your own private butler. The casino is not open yet, but that didn't bother me. Overall, we had a very relaxing time and met some nice people. I understand that this chain also has hotels in Punta Cana and Mexico in case you want to check it out."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of July 2008

Could have been so much better

"Positives

Great rooms

excellent service in parts

Great pool

fab complexe (when complete)

Negatives

No casino

No 24 hour room service

No main Spar

No Entertainment at all (as the theatre was incomplete)

Only 2 restaurants (with no option of alternative food as promised) however this still was unacceptable as we had paid for the full selection.

A Beach area covered in hazards

Extremely poor unprofessional cleaners, who would knock on your door 3 times within about 5 seconds then walk straight into your room, this also happened with the guy who topped your mini bar up, complaining made little or no difference.

And to top the holiday off, the GP allowed workers into the bar area at night and one of them decided to steal my cigars, which is totally unacceptable and should have had police intervention, with no apologies from any of the management team the following day, (it could have been credit cardsor passport)

I could and will recommend this hotel however not at this moment in time, due to incompletion of numerous facilities!"

• Travel date: Fri 18th of July 2008

New Resort and its First Review

Good

"Brand new resort just opened and we had a great time, only 200 guests which meant the staff could not do enough for you.

Only 30 minutes from airport, great check-in and met with a cocktail. Room very spacious well decorated, large bathroom and huge shower. We were very happy with room we stayed in building #11 closest to large pool and the small relaxing pool, and 2 minutes walk to all restaurants, reception shops etc., great building to stay in.

Pool - huge with lots of chairs and shade, nice swim up bar overlooking ocean. Pool always clear, warm and well maintained. We had waitress service bringing drinks around for you - 4 1/2 star

Food - very good we were actually impressed and the la carte ones, especially the Indian best curry's, and food I have ever tasted, try the butter chicken amazing - don't be afraid to try you will be surprised - food 4 1/2 star

Staff - 5 plus, so friendly and are very happy to have jobs. Please tip even if its only $1. You can't go anywhere here in Canada unless you tip, so why be any different in Jamacia.

Beach - not the best I have seen, not really for walking on lots of small rocks, although they are clearing most of them away for guests. I think that is why the pool is so big and beautiful to make up for beach.

In closing - this resort when complete will be huge they call it a small city, with approx. 2, 500 guests - if anyone wants to ask me any questions feel free to email me [--] thanks"

• Travel date: Tue 15th of July 2008

Enjoyed Grand Palladium Lucea Jamaica

"My five friends and I wanted to get away for a weekend so we chose the Grand Palladium Lucea considering that they had a opening special on.From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, we were treated like Kings and Queens.We arrived the Saturday morning about 10:00 despite check in time being at 3.We were told that as soon as our rooms were ready we could get our keys. So we tagged our bags while having our welcome drink and left them with the bellhops and off to breakfast we went.

We went to Xamayca, the Jamaican restaurant for breakfast and it was excellent. A long with eggs and bacon and such delights they had Jamaican dishes like ackee and saltfish and stewed chicken, and they were all very very tasty and well cooked. After breakfast we went to the front desk and of course our keys were ready and this was about 12 noon. We were driven to our rooms in carts and our bags brought to our rooms. Each room had a shower as well as a jacuzzi and upon entering we were greeted with a plate of fruits and chocolate covered strawberries, that was very welcoming.

After we settled in we went to the pool that appears to be endless, then we went for lunch at the Blue Lagoon restaurant.They had quite a few options, too many to name, but it was good. We were seated and served the bartender's special a drink that was very special indeed.
We had dinner at the Italian restaurant and at Bubbas steakhouse. The ribs was the best I ever had, the meat literally melted off the bone, very very tender.The Italian was also excellent and the clam chowder was rich and flavourful. When we went to the Blue Lagoon the waiters prepared the same table we had the day before and they brought the same drinks making us feel very appreciated and special. The club was good, the music was lively and the vibe was right. For those not into nightclubs there was karaoke in the huge theatre,that was also fun.
Check out was at 12 noon but the front desk allowed us until 6 pm. At about 5:45 pm the bellhops came for us and drove us to the lobby.It was a wonderful stay, the property is beautiful and the staff is very very polite.

Being a new property there were some "new property issues" but this did not affect our stay at all. There were a few water fountains that did not work and we had to call maintainance to get our jacuzzi working but they came right away and we did not have to call them again. I would definitely go again as we did in fact get the 5 star treatment."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of July 2008

Wedding Worries

"From November 17-22 myself and my now husband selected The Grand Palladium Jamaica as the venue for our wedding. Our wedding date was Saturday November 20, 2010 we were expecting this occasion to be one of the happiest in our lives, unfortunately it was not.
The overall appearance of the resort was breathtaking, but other standards were not up to speed. I previously made reservations for my guest to gather at one of the restaurants for a rehearsal/ meeting of family’s dinner. We were unable to meet at the one I chose because it was not open at the time and would not accommodate my group. I didn’t receive knowledge of this until the day of. The wedding coordinator had no recollection of the reservation.
Although we traveled with our own DJ, we had to rent the speaker system from the resort. During the reception, the music was muffled and very low. The guests were also unable to hear the toasts and speeches. The wedding coordinator was unavailable for assistance during the reception because she was in a meeting for a wedding the next day. We also had to share our space with another group; we were separated by a sheet. There music was overpowering our group, making it impossible to enjoy our reception. I was also told by the wedding coordinator that I would have the entire section to myself.
The wedding coordinator also needs assistance, or extra staff. At 6 pm, the reception area was being set up. Cameras were just being placed on tables. It started late and then the guests still had to wait another hour to be served. There is not enough info on hotel activities and restaurant operating hours. The staff needs help with organization and it starts with management. The guests’ rooms smelled like mold, which required several guests to change their rooms. There was a huge lack of communication for our large group, making it impossible for us to all meet up. Guests were divided between the two sides. The wedding coordinator made no attempts to retrieve guests list from reservations manager, who had names to properly room guests at least 2 weeks prior. We reserved almost 20 rooms, and had over 60 guests attending the wedding. Everyone had the same complain, No organization. There was little to no accommodations for the bridal party. We almost couldn’t eat because there is no room service and no take out, so my maid of honor had to plead with staff to take out food. Our pick up was late for the wedding.
As far as the wedding photographer, we were also unhappy with his work. When we were looking over the pictures and discussing the flaws, Mark gave every excuse for the poor pictures. Due to the fact that it was an evening wedding, the sun started setting and he continued shooting. The pictures were dark, unfocused, blurry and slanted. He continued to say that he did not have the right equipment as far as lenses and lighting for better quality pictures. I felt as though he was unprepared for the job at hand. We were unable to pick any of the night shots because of this matter.
One of the most serious issues was my aunt being trapped in the elevator for 45 minutes. There was no alarm, little air and no assistance for the entire ordeal. She had to pry herself out of the elevator injuring her thumb. She is a senior citizen.
Before leaving the resort my husband and I met with Maria Hoffman, Guest relations manager, to try and come to some sort of resolution. We were unable to do so and she agreed to contact us as soon as possible. My wedding experience was a huge disappointment. I feel as though after our money was spent, there were no intentions of fully accommodating us. No one checked on us after the wedding and no one was available for questions or concerns.

• Travel date: Tue 8th of November 2011

Great food, suspect service

Good

"I must say this was my first time to Jamaica and all in all the food, drink and resort provided a lot to offer. Being on the stairs and hiking 3 floors with luggage was a bit of an inconvenience however the suite was spacious and beautiful. As regards the cleanliness that was not a problem neither. The "stocked" fridge had 2 red stripes which you were supposedly charged if they had to restock your refrigerator. Being that there was a swim up bar right next to our villa I didn't care too much but if you say there's gonna be alcohol in the fridge please have enough to get more than a mosquito drunk. My only qualms are with the service or lack thereof as regards the wait staff in particular the women on the resort. When asking for assistance at dinner or at a bar I was met with rolling eyes, sighs and just taking time in general. In fact I one time asked a woman did she have a problem and was I asking for too much as she didn't seem to be to responsive to my requests. The resort is not cheap and perhaps I had my expectations to high but in paying over $1000 US to stay there I expected to be treated like a king a, prince in the very least. The male bartenders were very engaging, funny talented, etc but even the female friends I was with noted how the women displayed the aforementioned attitude problems. As much as I enjoyed the resort I must say when my time was up I was glad to go back home due to a few bad apples spoiling the barrel. Will I return again that is to be determined but the customer service or lack thereof needs to be noted."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of August 2011

Hotels near Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

Stayed at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

• patwms4u2 by patwms4u2

"I would stay in Montego Bay not at the Grand Palladium "

• patwms4u2 by patwms4u2

"The Half Moon Gulf Tennis Resort and the Ritz Carlton "

• kantourist by kantourist

"You wont regret this trip...... "

• sparks623 by sparks623

"Not capable to accomodate large wedding parties. "

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa is also called