The Pool at the El Greco Resort

Good

Worst hotel ever! Save your money and do not stay here

Reviewed 9th September 2018

"I was extremely disappointed with my stay at El Greco. In my opinion, El Greco does not deserve its 3-star status and I highly recommend changes to the facilities, training staff on work ethic and customer service. Unfortunately, my stay at El Greco hindered my entire visit to the beautiful country of Jamaica, my family also felt the same. We occupied 3 rooms in El Greco and all of the rooms were unsatisfactory. The room that was occupied by 1 infants and a child was the worst of them all. There was a burst pipe in the kitchen and no offer of an alternative room. Another room had not been cleaned for 3 days and we noticed due to a small stain on the pillow and floor. When we complained the cleaning lady was very abrupt and it appeared the minimum was done to clean our rooms. The TV did not have working channels and was pixilated, in the infant room there were only 2 working channels; one of which was not in english. Upon informing the receptionist and maintenance on the 4th day of our 13 night stay they lied and stated that the cable company and further maintenance would come to fix the issue they never returned. In addition the hotel was very old fashioned and dusty. This would not have been an issue if the lighting in the rooms were lit adequately and rooms were suitable for the number of occupants. The bathroom was tiny and unable to fit an adult and 2 children under 8 in it at the same time, this was an issue when supervising the chilren bathing themselves. Despite our many complaints no alternatives were offered. We had a kitchentte in one of the rooms and was not offered any pots and pans or alternative accomodation when the pipe burst in the Kitchenette. Instead we had to buy and borrow pots and utentils from relatives. As our stay at El Greco continued it got worst with the cab drivers at the resort trying to extort and in one circumstance runing our entire excursion. I would not recommend this resort at all and do not think it was worth the money we paid for it."

• Travel date: 1st August 2018

It was great!!!

Good
Reviewed 28th November 2012

"I stayed at the El GRECO RESORT JUNE 2-05 2005. It was an excellent stay! Rooms was very clean and got fresh towels everyday! Front desk and room services clerks was very friendly. Its is also in walking distances to everything on the hip strip. Word to the wise PLEASE BRING BUG SPRAY Because the MOSQUITES ARE TERRIBLE IN MONTEGO BAY!"

• Travel date: 5th June 2005

Dangerous hotel

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"There are many drug dealers in front of the hote. They naggingly suck around to sell ganja. Not suitable for everyone!!"

• Travel date: 25th April 2005

Great value

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"Recommend this place to all. We found this to be a great place to stay. every one was really friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were huge and you can cook if you want but good food isn't that easy to buy if you are not out and about. If you have a family, try the All American plan for all meals provided but make sure that you have a record of this at booking. The place was safe and close enough to the beach for us but not affected by the noise from the Hip Strip. We had a great time and would certainly return here, it was just the right balance between doing our own thing and being in an all inclusive resort."

• Travel date: 18th April 2005

BEST HOTEL FOR YOUR MONEY!!!

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"I recently stayed at the El Greco Resort with a friend while vacationing in Montego Bay and we absolutely LOVED it! The rooms are extremely clean, the location is ideal because it is only a few steps from the beach, the area is quiet and calm (unlike some spots along the Hip Strip), and the staff is extremely friendly! I had some friends that stayed in other hotels along the Hip Strip and this hotel, in my opinion, is by far the best value for the money. (I would say it deserves more than just a two-star rating.) The people in general are extremely friendly and we were able to tag along on some of the tours. I would HIGHLY recommend taking a trip to Negril and Dunn River Falls in Ocho Rios! Doctor's Cave Beach is wonderful and offers some water sports. We were fortunate enough to meet some very nice (and handsome) guys who took us on a ride on their boat free of charge. In short, I highly recommend staying at the El Greco Resort."

• Travel date: 17th April 2005

I love Jamaica and the El Greco

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"Me and my girlfriend just returned from a 7 day stay at the El Greco in MoBay Jamaica. I have to say it was the best trip i ever took. The El Greco is excellent in everyway. The Room was huge, we had a 1 bedroom suite. theres a seperate bedroom and bathroom with a kitchen and liveing area.. It was perfect. the Gardens and flowers are so so so beautiful, People write bad reviews about this Hotel because they dont appreciate nature and life, there too stuck up to enjoy the beauty around them. my girlfriend was amazed at all the flowers all the fruit trees the lizards, the small things.. the breakfast was great...the view was breathtaking... U will love the el Greco.. And when u go ask for Jermaine, the nicest man u will meet in jamaica.. i made a great friend for life.. Tell him eminem sent ya and to hook u up...LOL.. i could go on forever but this place is perfect.... we went to negril for the day and i personally hated it.. Go with a open mind and ull have a experiance ull never forget.... I lOVE JAMAICA"

• Travel date: 24th March 2005

Yea mon, needs some work

Reviewed 28th November 2012

"I made my annual trip to Jamaica on March 11-19, 2005. I usually stay at a different hotel/resort/guesthouse each year I travel there. This year, I spent 8 nights at the El Greco Resort. Since the owner died about a year ago, the place is not what I know it to be. First off, I had a one bedroom suite. As soon as you come into the suite, you could see that it was in dire need of a paint job. Hand prints, foot prints, black marks, you name it all over the walls. The suite smelled of old, stale cigarette smoke, as though none of the drapes at the windows had ever been cleaned. The kitchen smelled of bug spray, and a few days later I knew why because there were roaches in the kitchen area. The cords were broken on one window shade so it was not operational. The patio tile flooring was absolutely filthy, with dried stains, and you knew it had not been mopped in some time. The tile flooring in the living area was stained, and it appears that the stains can only come out if those stained areas are re-tiled. The front desk attendants are indeed rude, as I have read in other Trip Advisor reviews for this resort. Breakfast was included in my rate, and the Jamaican breakfast was good. I never tried the American breakfast. The cushions on the lounge chairs at the pool were so dirty I did not want to lay directly on them and did not. The resort is ideally located just an elevator away from the "Hip Strip" and Doctors Cave Beach. My package included a pass to the beach which was a nice amenity; the only nice amenity besides the breakfast. The other workers at the resort were very friendly and helpful. The grounds are beautiful, and the units used to be very nice and clean, but not so now. I would not stay at El Greco again."

• Travel date: 21st March 2005

El Greco Resort is the best!

Reviewed 13th October 2012

"My family and I were previleged to have El Greco host our 2004 Family Reunion. It was a wonderful experience from the very first email contact to the night we said goodbye. Loving, caring and very professional staff, especially, sales rep, Mr. Neil. From management to kitchen staff, all made it their job to make us feel welcome and at home. They went out of the way to help make our family reunion the tremendous success it was...it was as if they were part of the family! Peace, tranquillity and love abound at this resort and I think I discovered their secret....they open their staff meetings with songs of Praise and Thanksgiving and Prayer! Now that is awesome! I would recommend the Resort to anyone and tell my friends Neil and Chef Ruby from the Mc Intosh Family Reunion 2004 sends you!"

• Travel date: 20th March 2005

Not too Bad

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"Just spent a week in Jamaica for a wedding. We got the 1 bedroom and it was a bit small due to the layout. However, we enjoyed the breeze that comes through the room when you are sitting on the veranda. You can get down to the Hip Strip in minutes. PLus we enjoyed the free breakfast and rum punch (only on certain days). The staff was nice. If you have a chance to, get the 2 bedroom, it is spacious and it has 2 stories."

• Travel date: 19th March 2005

Had a Great 15-day stay at El Greco

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"My family and I (3 adults and 2 teen girls) spent 15 days at El Greco - 12/21-1/5. We had a delightful time! We had a 2 bedroom villa with kitchen, dining, living room and 3rd bathroom downstairs. We loved the accomadations which were spacious and clean. Because we were on the third floor, we had a very nice view of the complex and the ocean. It was very refreshing to look out the window. The grounds are lush and green with exotic tropical flowers and trees. We felt very safe all the time because of the 24-hr security that is provided. The teenagers didn't mind staying in the villa by themselves for short periods of time when they were too tired to go anymore. The complex was quiet most of the time which was good since the girls had homework to do. All the staff that we came in contact with were very pleasant and easy to work work. This was our second long stay at El Greco in 4 years and it was obvious we made a great choice again. The breakfast that is included in the overall cost was very nice and convenient; we enjoyed it immensely! We normally didn't need another meal until late in the afternoon. The only things we could have used in our villa were a microwave oven and a coffee pot. I spoke to the manager of the villa about that and she assured me that she would make those recommendations to the Board. I recommend El Greco without reservations."

• Travel date: 11th January 2005

This is my home in the sun

Reviewed 13th October 2012

"I stayed at the El Greco Resort last year may and i fell in love with the place, it was clean and tidy, the furniture was not drab and dusty, but something i could feel comfortable using. The grounds made me feel as though i was standing on a set in paradise, my mother and father go every year and stay there and no compliants have been made. I am going in a few months and know i will have a good stay and the prices are reasonable, the staff where not rude but polite, the bell staff were lovely, i would reccomend this hotel.. its just a shame some have experienced a bad time there, maybe its their own expectations / standards or, other hidden reasons why they did not have a good time, but go see for yourself... Long live El Greco!!!! x x"

• Travel date: 6th January 2005