About Deja Resort

• hot tub

Good

Gloustershire Hotel is the WORST!!!

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"First, the management doesn't give you the warm Jamaican welcome you expect when you arrive. They hardly greet you when you're out and about the hotel grounds. My room...was parking lot view, not garden. I had to hold the back of my remote control to keep the batteries in while chaging the station. Then the cable was fuzzy. I had to run my shower for 30-40 minutes before the water became hot. There were ants in my room and I had trouble requesting for extra towels. I was awoken late at night and early morning because you can hear every car that passed by the hotel...some playing loud music or blowing their horns. Vendors outside the hotel constantly harrass you constantly to purchase something or provide assisstance (for an outrageous fee). I even stepped out on my balcony to get some fresh air and I was approached by locals.When my balcony door was left open, kids were yelling up to my room just to get my attention. After a few days there, my air conditioner stopped working and I was moved to a larger room at no charge. Once inside the room, there was no linen on the bed. I left and when I returned, my new linen had blood stains! The breakfast buffet had some good food and the bar/restaurant is reasonable and comfortable. Overall, this was one of the worst hotels I've stayed in and I've stayed in low to high class hotels. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone in their right mind!"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of June 2005

Way Cool!

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"My friends and I stayed at the Gloustershire Hotel May 6th-9th and I must say we had a WONDERFUL time during our stay. Yes, the rooms could use a little decorator's touch, but overall, it was a great place to stay. The staff was awesome and very helpful...Hi guys!!! We were right on the strip and the beach was directly across the street, which was cool.

I do agree with the other reviewer who mentioned that if you're looking to just "lounge" around the hotel, it's probably not the hotel for you. We were in and out of hotel majority of the time...enjoying the outside atmosphere, but had a comfortable bed to lay our heads on. The breakfast was excellent as well.

I would definitely recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of May 2005

Don't believe the Gloustershire bashers !

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"Although I arrived a day late, owing to our wonderful friends at Air Jamaica, I was really pleased with this hotel for the duration of the stay, i.e. 2 weeks. This was my 1st time on holiday in Jamaica.

I had a larger room than some of the others, being located on a "corner" site. The room was large and the A/C worked perfectly. Bathroom was fine despite a small hole in the bath and the shower fitting waving around in the breeze. My companion and I found these things to be of little importance as long as they performed their function, which they did well of course. Room was thoroughly cleaned every day and towels changed without fail! TV had loads of channels but was not really needed as there was so much to do on the strip. Breakfast buffet was mostly the same dishes daily, but tasty and delicious and as good as the Pelican in my view. We did some trips to Ocho Rios, Dunns River Falls, Kingston and Negril...the ladies at the desk were extremely helpful and were happy souls..

Loved the Hotel's position which was across the road from the best beach in Mobay..i.e. Doctor's Cave Beach..absolutely brilliant ! Try the Groovy Grouper beach bar's excellent cocktails (food was poor though). I never used the pool in the hotel as the beach was so wonderful.

The management of the Gloustershire Hotel specially allowed me an extension of check-out from midday to 9 pm, on my final day owing to the weird midnight hour of Air Jamica's flight to Heathrow, and at no extra cost, which effectively gave me the whole day free.

Great comfort and service... I'll definitely consider the G for my next trip to Ja !!

My fondest love to Sharon who was in charge of the breakfast accounts most days.

Air Jamaica needs some work on its ground procedures and in-flight food and movie apparatus quality..perhaps a bit of investment !!

Overall a great holiday which was mainly down to my stay at the Gloustershire...It's not 5 star but extremely cost effective.

I lived in Barbados for 5 years and Jamaica still retains by comparison, some of the needed "unspoiltness" which I loved, probably owing to the size of the island and its population...long may it continue !!"

• Travel date: Sat 30th of April 2005

Great Place on a budget

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"Two Girlfriends and i stayed at this hotel April 5th through the 12th. Apon arrival i was a little nervouse about staying considering it was not a beach resort, however this year we had to vacation on a budget. To our surprise the Hotel was great. The staff was very friendly, helpful and informative. The bartenders were all very kind and wanted to make us happy. The pool was decent but if your in Montego Bay on a budget this hotel would be a great option. Clean spacious for it's price in a great location."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of April 2005

Loved this hotel!!

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2012

"Don't read the bad reviews they are not true, these are people who complain about everything. I read the reviews before I went to Jamaica and I was scared about the hotel. But come to find out that it isn't true.
It is a nice clean hotel, comfortable beds fluffy pillows and with great room service everyday and clean fresh towels and I had requested additional towels the very first day and they didn't hesitate to do that for me so for the rest of my stay I had extra towels everyday for the beach and pool they had there. The staff is friendly and nice!! very helpful. Also you get a complimenty drink apon arrival which is very unexpected and charming.

The hotel is very quite I didn't hear any noise from other guests. But there was some noises from outside every once in a while ..but that is how it is in the city, just like any other lively city in the states as well!! you have people with the systems in the cars every where!! it wasn't annoying you just hear it for 5 secounds, they are normally just driving through..
Also the room had a small balcany so you could see the beach and the street and see what is going on the scenes were beautiful !!.

The nice part about the hotel is that the beach is right across the street you can't get any closer to that !! the Price for the hotel compared to other hotels was a great deal ( got reservations on travelocity for really cheap!)
It's located on the hip strip VERY SAFE place...we walked up and down the street and the locals are very friendly ..yes they did beg for money or wanted to us buy their crafts..but that is how they feed their families. If you tell them no, your not intrested,you'll come back later or you don't have any money to buy anything at the moment they will leave you alone. They don't force you to buy anything. but over all we'll be visiting again and will be definatly spending our nights at the Gloustershire Hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of April 2005

Good for a short Stay

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"I stayed at this hotel from March 22-25,2005 after relocating from a neighbouring hotel due to horrible conditions. Jason at the front desk was very helpful as well as Keisha. The room was clean, comfortable and large enough for us. The tub needed to be be recaulked but it was clean.
The buffet breakfast included was delicious and we got what we wanted
"a true Jamaican cuisine".
It would have have even been better if the hotel was situated on the beach but for three days, it served the purpose."

• Travel date: Fri 8th of April 2005

great location

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"The location of the Gloustershire was great. We stayed there from Mar.19th thru the 25th.The beach is directly across the street and it is right in the middle of the hip strip. Yes, it is not the Ritz or any other of those fancy hotels but it is convenient and the Jacuzzi and pool are a nice feature. The food is not that great, but go right across the street and the food at the resteraunt on the beach are great.This hotel is mostly for young people and might not be enjoyed by the older crowd, as it can get loud sometimes.It is not a place to bring the kids because of the noise and partying, but the half moon hotel is defintely a great place for families and it is beautiful if you are willing to spend the money."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of March 2005

Good Base Hotel

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"I stayed at The Gloustershire Hotel February 21-23, 2005. I am a travel agent and was on a personal vacation with my husband. I am a certified Sandals specialist, so we spent much of our time at the Sandals resorts during the day, and returned to The Gloustershire at night. The location was great for my husband and I. We loved walking the hip strip both during the day and at night. There were many cool shops to browse through. The Fantasy craft market was also a lot of fun. Our room was always very clean. We had an oceanview room with a balcony over the hip strip. I enjoyed sitting on my balcony every morning and watching all the hustle and bustle on the street below. My husband ate at the restaurant one morning, and he said that the food was average. The swimming pool was very small. The pool and jacuzzi area in general were not all that nice. This is a good hotel for travelers who do not plan to hang out at their hotel all day. It is for those who plan to be either at the beach all day, or on day tours.
Our last night in Montego Bay we ate out at Margaurite's at Margaritaville. AWESOME!! We ate overlooking the ocean, which was lit up with underwater lights at night. All of our food was prepared right in front of us. Very romantic!"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of March 2005

Great turning 40 in mobay

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"I went to MoBay from 2/21-2/25/05 to celebrate my 40th birthday. Normally I stay in Negril, but I wanted something different this time. The Gloustershire staff was great. My first night I was ill and the clerk had meds to make me feel better. MoBay has changed for the better over the years. I celeebrated my 40th at Marguerite's by the Sea which is on the water adjacent to Margaritaville. I was seated at the best table and the staff even sang happy birthday along with a piece of cake. Doctor's Cave beach was great and the bar atmosphere is fun. You can just stay there all day. Can't wait to go back in July to celebrate being 40 all over again! My friends in Jamaica don't call me a JAMERICAN for nothing. Happy travels"

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of March 2005

Convenient, Economical, and Great Staff

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"I stayed at the Gloustershire the week of March 10th. The Gloustershire is defintely economical and convenient. Me and 3 friends stayed at the Gloustershire for 4 nights and had a blast. It is not the most modern hotel and does needs a little work but for the most part it is clean and a comfortable place to lay your head. You really have to have open mind and not expect the Ritz. Your in Jamaica and you are paying $80 a night. Can't beat the combination. If you enjoy hanging out by the pool this is not the place for you. Go across the street and enjoy the beach and drinks and food from the Groovy Grouper! The rooms were clean and had no trouble sleeping due to the noise other reviews mentioned. The location of the hotel is right in the heart of the hip strip. There are lots of places to shop and eat and the beach is literally across the street. The staff was very charming and catered to our every need. The bell boys were excellent carrying our luggage to our rooms. I would stay again at the Gloustershire!"

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of March 2005