The Spanish Court Hotel

1 St Lucia Avenue, Kingston Jamaica

!! Great Staff !!

"As with all new hotel , The spanish court lived up to almost everything i expected . I have stayed at pretty much all the hotels and guest houses in the New Kingston area and the "Spanish Court Hotel " stands out . What i didnt expect was to be overcharged when i arrived there. I made reservations online, but when i arrived at the hotel i saw the price had went up and i was charged a higher rate . I guess with all the great reviews below the hotel decided to raise the price the day i arrived which was july 3 2009 . My reservations were made weeks in advance luckily i had my confirmation email to prove it . The decor here is exquisite ..there is no other way to describe it .The staff "Impeccable " , friendly , professional and trustworthy . The room sizes are decent with a nice size bath tub in each bathroom . The pool is small but okay for this size hotel . I was impressed by the hotel room keys , once you leave your room everything shuts down . ( I am all for saving energy so the hotel scored major points here )
My friends and i werent too pleased with the breakfast selection . The continental breakfast is meagre , I would say this is something the hotel needs to work on and i had seen where other reviews stated this fact . There has to be variety in juices , fruits , pastry , coffee and tea etc and when i asked about local cuisines twice i decided it was time to give up ( shameful) ! Overall i was impressed with the decor and the staff . I visit jamaica quite often and i would stay here again . Simply put the hotel is fairly new , the location is perfect , and the staff is great ."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of July 2009

The place to stay when in kingston, Jamaica

"I was at a lose end and wanted somewhere to stay which was in the centre of Kingston, Jamaica. I stumbled across Spanish Court Hotel and decided to book a few days. If were talking about value for money, impeccable customer service, fanastic rooms with all the amenities, safe, central to all the night clubs with a 5* + tag..Spanish Court Hotel is the place. What you see on line is exactly what is offered at a price that's affordable, especially for a person on a strict budget. Don't just take my word for it ...stay and believe...The only problem I have is that this hotel will become very popular very fast..."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of June 2009

Couldn't be better.

"My fiancee and I spent a very lovely weekend at this hotel. In spite of some dubious reviews on other sites, we picked the hotel. It turned out not to be a mistake. We had a great getaway and the staff was nothing short of formidable; kind, respectful, and very willing to go beyond the call of duty just to be of service. I'd definitely stay there again."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of June 2009

Spanish Court Hotel, Kingston Jamaica

"21-25 May 2009

I viewed the Spanish Court Hotel online and called the hotel to ensure that the hotel looked exactly as depicted on the website and they informed me that it did.

When we got there we were not disappointed. The hotel entrance look fab, I then said "okay your hotel entrance looks great but what do the rooms look like because you know everything that glitters is not gold" and she said "no because it might be platimum!!!"

Well I confirm that it is platimum :-) what a great hotel, it's a boutique hotel in Kingston Jamaica. It's like a hotel that you would expect in Europe under the description of boutique.

The price is a steal $135 for a double/twin room. The service from beginning to end was exceptional; nothing was ever too much, such friendly people (staff and guest).

Breakfast was simple but good and if you wanted more than a continental breakfast there is the opportunity to request and pay for such.

It is a clean hotel, which is very important in a hot country.

We told everyone we met what a great place it was and I'm happy to let you know.

I hope it does well but still has room for me when I need to book because once you discover this gem in Kingston you will want to book everytime you visit Kingston, Jamaica."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of June 2009

Enjoyed our stay

"We found the hotel staff very friendly, the room was a nice size and very clean. It is not a large hotel compared to the others, but after going for a walk and checking the others out, we were very pleased with our choice. If you want a good taxi driver ask for Kenrick who is based at Spanish Court ... absolutely brillant. Not a huge choice in the restaurant menu, but what we had was excellent. Free continental breakfast and laptops for intenet."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of June 2009

Nicely decorated hotel with good potential to become a great hotel!

Good

"We loved our stay in this hotel. The decor was really nice, fresh and up to date. Staff were very friendly and helpful. One night we had a small problem with our room, but they took care of it straight away and we were offered a free dinner.
Having said that, there are a few small things that I am sure they will sort out shortly, as they have only recently opened. The terrace with the pool has no bar - the manager told us they were planning to address that shortly. There are not too many lounge chairs, so if you want some leisure by the pool area you have to be either lucky or early. Service in the restaurant was very friendly but slow. Menu for both lunch and dinner was limited, but the quality of the food was fine. The breakfast was slightly limited, but enough to keep you going for the day! Also, the minibars were not yet filled when we were there and there was no hotel directory or room service (yet?). The room we got was good size.
However, the friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness and very nice design made our stay quite pleasant! Also the complimentary wifi was a nice touch!"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of May 2009

Superb decor - a real gem for Kingston

Good

"Kingston is not as famous for its hotels as the resort areas of Mo Bay or Ocho Rios. However, The Spanish Court Hotel is a little gem in a big city! I stayed here not long after the opening so there were still a few teething problems, which I am sure have been ironed out now. However, the decor is simply amazing................it is fabulous boutique style hotel right slap bang in Kingston! All mod cons the rooms are superb. The dining room is elegantly casual and the food was excellent. I would certainly stay here again."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of May 2009

Best hotel in Kingston

"The place is new and fresh and this place is great. Free internet and continental breakfast all for only $125 a night when the dump (Hilton) charges $240"

• Travel date: Tue 26th of May 2009

Very Impressed and Pleased

"My wife and I just returned home from a five night stay at the Spanish Court Hotel. We echo the favourable comments made by the two earlier visitors. We were impressed with the decor and cleanliness of the hotel but mostly we very impressed by the consistently high quality of the courteous service offered by each and every one of the staff that we met. The mere fact that the various staff members we encountered asked for our names and then remembered them and referred to us by name each time we met thereafter, added a special touch to our visit. We would definitely return to the Spanish Court Hotel and we would strongly recommend it to others. Not meaning to exclude anyone but special commendation to Andren, Marlon, Brenda, Nicola and Simone. Thanks for making our stay enjoyable. Christopher & Harriett Crooks"

• Travel date: Thu 21st of May 2009

Awesome stay at The Spanish Court Hotel in Kingston, Jamaica

"My stay (April 10th - 16th 2009) at the Spanish Court Hotel was absolutely perfect in every way. Service from all the staff at every level was truly outstanding--everything from questions about room reservations, my likes and dislikes was handled in a timely, professional and extremely competent manner. I am still raving about the decor of the Hotel and fantastic customer service. I'm not always easy to please but I was delighted with every thing and every one. I especially enjoyed the stuff shrimp that was extremely tasty and delicious.The atmosphere is friendly and inviting. Everything went well!! All the staff (Kimberley, Dwayne, Leroy, Mr. Johnson, Nicholas, Patrick, Marie, Elizabeth, Nadia and others who's names I did not get) were extremely friendly and helpful! I would recommend The Spanish Court Hotel to anyone looking for a wonderful time. It was so enjoyable!"

• Travel date: Wed 29th of April 2009

Hotels near The Spanish Court Hotel

Stayed at The Spanish Court Hotel? Share your insight.

The Spanish Court Hotel is also called