About Siesta Hotel

• spanish amenities
  • iron
  • babysitting

Good

Clean down to earth affordable hotel and one of the world best beaches.

Reviewed Mon 29th of December 2014

"Anyone complaining about their stay at this hotel obviously paid for wine and expected champagne.
I paid four times as much on my last (champagne) visit and the Siesta, while somewhat dated, is as clean, more friendly, and closer to both the beach and the shops, so I enjoyed my stay here more. It is perfect for swimmers and sub aqua divers. Rooms 1 to 5 avoid the uphill walk, but the other higher rooms enjoy better / sea views.
Manager Nima is a delightful caring christian gentleman who will do all he can to help you enjoy your stay. Room 5 is my favorite, and I can now afford to return twice a year instead of once....... and drink champagne!

• Travel date: Thu 25th of December 2014

Great little hotel

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Just returned from a weeks stay here . Booked direct with hotel .
No problems at all . We had a basic room which was on middle floor of rear block . Had hairdryer, iron ,fridge, air-con. bathroom a little tired but everywhere was cleaned well every day . Staff all great and helpfull . Manager always around and although we didn't need him he seemed to sort out anyones problems Restaurant on site was ok . Say hello to Beverly there if you go ,very sweet and helpfull .
Spice island shopping mall close by and Grande Anse facilities also BBC/ Morne Rouge not too far away for a quieter beach .
We hired a jeep through clive at mini moke & jeep rental picked up and dropped off at airport .
Also booked flights direct with Xl who were fine .
Don't go expecting 4* its very basic but thats what we payed for & would stay there again."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of March 2008

The Lone Bargain in Grand Anse

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"We fly standby as airline employees, so we "walked up" to this hotel upon arrival in Grenada. After looking over out potential room (#21), we accepted it and stayed for 8 days. It was a good deal compared to the other hotels in Grand Anse.

Most of the hotel rooms are set back, up a hill from the nice pool and small bar/restaurant (which opens at 6pm and remains open 'til 11pm whether or not there are patrons). It is a healthy walk up that hill, but no problem for us. The balcony of our room on the third floor offers an unblocked view of the big cruise ships docked to the north a few miles away in St. George. The management continues to improve the place after Hurricane Ivan's wrath a few years back (some of the furniture is still second-hand) and we understood these issues after staying a few days and cannot hold it against them. Frankly, this island has made a remarkable recovery since Ivan.

Free internet was available during business hours down in the office. We had an in-room safe and were well-served by the pleasant cleaning staff. The front desk personnel were friendly and every issue which arose (including a broken clothes iron) was quickly resolved during our stay. For now, there is limited cable TV (5 channels, to be exact, including CNN and HBO -- perhaps that will improve in time).

The hotel is located within a 5-minute walk of Spiceland Mall, which includes a modern IGA (with a small deli) as well as a great carry-out Chinese restaurant (Chopstix). The beach is an additional 5 minute walk from there. Nearby restaurants are excellent: we recommend Le Maison (more local than really French, and it offers pitchers of draft Carib beer) and especially Le Boulangerie (best pizza in Caribbean). There's also a hot dog stand across from the soccer field (where an Austrian cooks up authentic Vienna sausage).

The transportation system here is inexpensive and convenient. For just $2.50 ECD (about a buck) you can jump in a van and head in just about any direction from Grand Anse. It's safe (as is walking here) and the vans pass literally every minute on a weekday -- and frequently at nearly all other times.

The people of Grenada are quite friendly and laid back and are proud of their recent independence (1974), flying their flag on their vehicles as their Independence Day approached.

We will mark it down as another island well worth visiting, the Hotel Siesta is a true bargain with its many amenities and central location in the tourist district."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of March 2008

Great Stay!

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a week in January. We absolutely loved it.

The staff were so helpful and friendly, especially the restaurant where we had breakfast most mornings.

Our room was very comfortable and clean. We had everything we could need - including a small fridge and free wireless internet. They told us that they're soon going to bring in more TV channels. We don't watch much TV on vacation anyway, but still a good thing for those who do! The pool area is fairly small, but really nice.

The hotel is close to a beautiful beach (Grand Anse), a mall and fairly big supermarket, other restaurants (Boulangerie, Carib Sushi, Di Vino Wine Bar) and shopping centers. It's a short walk to the bus route to St George's (cheap and fun). The location is perfect. You don't have to hire a car or even get a taxi, except to and from the airport, of course. We got a taxi to go to a really nice restaurant - The Aquarium.

We plan on returning whenever we can."

• Travel date: Fri 15th of February 2008

Great choice!

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"I am a student at SGU. Me and my boyfriend were staying in Siesta for 5 days before the beginning of the Spring term. We were very happy that we booked this hotel, because it has affordable price, it is only 3-5 minutes away from the Grand Anse Beach and it is on the route of the free school bus. The last fact was very important to us, as we went to campus and back very often. The room was clean and nice. It is not a luxury hotel, but it has everything you need for a pleasant short stay. A pool, a restaurant, nice views. We booked through Expedia, thus avoided 18% surcharge, charged of you book directly with the hotel. I would recommend this hotel as a great option if you are on a budget. It might not work as a place for a romantic vacation or honeymoon. What we basically were looking for was a clean room with comfortable bed and AC, close enough to the beach. We had it all at Siesta. The staff was very friendly, daily maid service, food at the restaurant very good. We will definitely consider this place for our next stay."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of February 2008

Not that great

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"While we only stayed one night, since we were traveling from California to St. Vincent, I would not recommend this hotel. We had two rooms, one for my husband and myself and the other for our grown daughter and granddaughter. The light in the bathroom of my daughter's room, didn't work and there were lots of moths and bugs in the room. Our room was okay but they were so uncomfortable in their's that they slept on top of the bed. Maybe we were given these rooms because we arrived around 8pm and had to leave at 5 am for the airport. Still, it was unacceptable. The night manager who greeted us was very nice, but I would not recommend it."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of January 2008

Peaceful accomadation

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"My wife and I stayed here this our third visit. We have been to posh and have paid posh prices, but, all we really need is clean comfortable, and no hassle. Well, this hotel allows you all that.
I will stay it is more guest house than hotel appeal, and it is a plesant stay for the price and location, seeing that it is it is situated next to so call upscale high price hotels. Once in Grenada I will always stay at the Siesta."

• Travel date: Sat 17th of November 2007

Lovely, Clean Hotel for the Price Range

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"My husband and I have stayed in Grenada many times and we were impressed with the newly renovated Siesta Hotel near the Grand Anse Beach in St George. It reopened last October after being devasted by Hurricane Ivan. The bathroom was brand new, and the room very comfortable. Although it is a block away from Grand Anse Beach, we had a beautiful view of the water. It is also a short taxi ride to the airport. The staff were very friendly and helpful."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of August 2007

Siesta Hotel a sign of how Grenada is recovering after Ivan

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"Grenada is not about large impersonal all-inclusive resorts. It's about small welcoming hotels like the Siesta. Great value, very friendly and a really lovely place to stay in a great location.

Our straightforward room was very comfortable - two large beds, a fridge and Air Con - which could have been quieter but we didn't need it at night because the night sea breeze aided temperatures are perfect for sleeping 'in the buff'. The views from the balcony across Grand Anse towards St George's (the capital) were fabulous - The onsite pool and sunbeds were great.and Grand Anse beach itself a gentle 400 yard stroll away. Nearby (within 200 yards) a really good restaurant with great views - 'La Belle Creole' - difficult to spend more than £25 per head on a really great a la carte meal with drinks. 200 yards in the other direction go for good value meals at La Boulangerie (really good pizzas and pasta) and Le Chateau - for good food and draught Carib beer. In between the Spiceland shopping mall should you require a 'retail' fix.

Grenada is recovering from the ravages of Hurricane Ivan and if you are an independent traveller looking for good value accommodation then we think the Siesta will suit you. Check out their website.

If we get the chance we'll be back.

Jan and Danny"

• Travel date: Wed 31st of January 2007

Very good value

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"My partner and I stayed at the Siesta Hotel in 2001 and 2003. The first time we booked through a travel agent. We liked the location and the tranquility so much that we stayed there again, but booked direct. It was badly damaged by Hurricane Ivan in 2004 and I don't think it has reopened yet.

It is in a very convenient location near Grand Anse beach (but not on the beach itself). It is set back up a hill and has lovely gardens and a pool. The room/bathroom was basic but had usual amenities and we were on the first floor with a balcony and distant view of sea. It was quiet. There were not very many amenities and the restaurant only served breakfast (no lunch, dinner or bar). It is probably not so suitable for young children unless you are prepared to keep them occupied.

It is next door to Blue Horizons Cottage Hotel which has a restaurant and bar, though we preferred 'Le Chateau' which was about 100 metres down the road. There were plenty of other places to eat nearby (other hotels and restaurants within walking distance). For independent-minded adults, as a self-catering or 'room only' base it was fantastic. We had a couple of problems but the staff were very helpful. The problems are now irrelevant as the hotel will have been refurbished if/when it re-opens. I would go there again."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of August 2006

good value

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"Its been a few years since i stayed at the Siesta,but having recently stayed at another hotel,unconnected with Siesta,and allegedly rated the same;then I wish Id retuned to Siesta.The staff were gracious and worked hard -it was their own business so obviously in their best interests to do so!The place was immaculately maintained,and everthing it purported to be.I didnt however, sample the Greenflash restaurant,so am unablr to comment on that.I am going to stay at their sister hotel next time i visit,which i looked around recently,it promises to be even finer than the Siesta!"

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of February 2004

Hotels near Siesta Hotel

Top traveller tips for Siesta Hotel

• Frank K by Frank K

"Choose your room on best level to suit your requirements. "

Siesta Hotel is also called