Pool

• adults only amenities
  • butler service

Honeymoon in Hell

Reviewed 21st July 2012

"I truly do not understand how this resort has been rated so high. My husband and I have visited many resorts in Punta Cana, as well as other countries in the Caribbean. I have lived in tropical countries on the beach, my family is from this country and I come back at least once a year. My husband and I were married at another resort about 20 min away and had such an amazing experience. We decided to book Zoetry for our honeymoon for more privacy and tranquility. Ok, so the good – for the most part, the staff is very sweet and interested in taking care of you. The amenities such as laundry service, room service, etc are excellent. I’m a health conscious vegetarian and found the food quality here in comparison to most all-inclusive resorts, really superior. That’s pretty much where it ends. We had booked a swim up room for 9 nights. The first 3 days we spent talking to the front desk, our travel agent and figuring out how to get out of there. We arrived around 3pm hoping we would be escorted straight into our room, since early check in was requested, that should have been more than enough time to get the room ready that day. The room wasn’t ready and so they brought us to have some lunch. We were waiting for over 2 hours before we finally asked what the hold up was. When we were finally brought to the room it was hot! I’m usually freezing in hotels, instead I was sweating. We called maintenance 3 times to have the AC checked. With several other maintenance issues in the room, no one offered to move our room. The pool was absolutely filthy!!! We love relaxing in the pool and had booked a swim up for the convenience. Unfortunately, we actually couldn’t even swim in the pool because of all the debris, insects, and garbage. Finally we went away from our room to the other pool, hoping it was cleaner. Not only was it just as filthy, there was a crab about 1 foot wide at the bottom of the pool!!! The wooden deck was falling apart – wooden planks were broken off so you can actually slip and fall into the pool. The pool floor was also stained and rusted. We decided to speak with the front desk regarding our concerns. It happened to be the same gentleman that checked us in. When asked about cancellation policies and such, he informed me that he didn’t know but that the woman in charge would be in on the following morning. When I asked him if he was interested to know why weren’t happy there, he laughed and said of course. We went through a few of the issues and his response about the crab was, “Yeah, some times we have little crabs get away”. I was shocked. That evening my husband and I walked around and went to the lobby bar - we were attacked by mosquitoes! I grew up visiting this country, and lived in the tropics as an adult. I get the issue with bugs and such in this climate, however from my experience at resorts here, the ones where mosquitoes rule are the ones that the grounds aren’t very clean. There is a filthy pond with stagnant water in the middle of the resort. All around the resort, from afar the landscaping seems lush and beautiful, but when you’re up close and personal, is obviously neglected. That evening I contacted my travel agent who reached out to the resort and had someone at our door the following morning. The front desk manager was very apologetic and tried to address some of our issues (AC, sliding doors in room not working, balcony door and curtain not opening, pool cleaning). He offered us a free couple’s massage at the spa. We waited a day knowing that not everything would be perfect, but hoping that at least the pool and AC would be addressed. The pool wasn’t great, but at least an effort was made to make it better. Unfortunately, by the following morning the AC wasn’t functioning again and the pool was just as dirty as before. We finally decided we had had enough and wanted to enjoy the rest of our honeymoon elsewhere. We had paid half the money for better quality at the last resort we had come from! When our agent contacted the hotel, they were told that we would be penalized $900 if we checked out early!!!! We really didn’t have a choice to stay or go, but at that point it was counting down the days. I had a just married banner I put outside our door, which I had designed and ordered from home. Someone took it down and we never got it back. I would have understood if it wasn’t allowed, but I paid for it and would like it back or to simply have someone communicate that. The resort had booked a very large group and the noise throughout the days and nights was shocking for a “tranquil” place. An abundance of complaints from many other couples were constant while the group was here. We had spoken to several managers or supervisors whom attempted to keep us happy by offering extra amenities, but really, the basics such as maintenance that are not met, can not be rectified in a couple of days. We were given a couple’s massage at the spa. While we were waiting to receive our massages, we were soaking in the Jacuzzi, and found a roach swimming with us. Later that day we had water leaking through the bathroom ceiling and flooded the bathroom floor, all the tissue paper and towels. The following day, I woke up at about 1:30am with a roach on my foot. When we called the front desk for spray, they sent us mosquito repellant. At that point I just started crying and asked for a manager or supervisor to stop by our room. The following morning, we were finally cleared of our cancellation fees and left to finish the remainder of our honeymoon at a different resort. Countless couples during our stay attempted to leave or succeeded in leaving early. It’s truly a shame to have a great concept for this resort and not know how to execute it, or really not care. Our once in a lifetime vacation quickly went down the drain and we can never remake those memories. We will never even remotely consider any Zoetry resort due to this experience and I strongly encourage others not to waste their money or special occasions here. I also find it interesting that in recent posts, Zoetry responds to positive comments, thanking reviewers, and not negative ones to address issues. Alain, general manager, I never once met you throughout our stay, I understand you were unwell, however I would have loved the opportunity to discuss some of our concerns with you. We feel that the main issue of concern is maintenance. Workers always seem to be working, but perhaps you are understaffed or really lack true leadership. Whatever the issue, the resort overall is so poorly maintained that a star rating of 2-1/2 would be incredibly generous. Roberto, at the front desk was unhelpful and rude. He was dismissive and uncaring of anything you had to say to him. Having him as your greeter when you walk into a resort and working as your reception, is shocking, off putting, and says a lot about how the place is maintained. There were some pretty amazing staff members that we absolutely loved and really helped us make it through our stay! Chelly (entertainer), Joaquin (bartender), Juan Carlos (room service) and Juan Carlos (supervisor). "

• Travel date: 21st July 2012

...wonderful!

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"...My wife and I have traveled a little. from 2 through 5 star, allinclusive, and hotel only ... Zoetry provides professional service in the most relaxing way, the resort is well placed in a quiet spot in the ocean - a 20 min walk to other resort fronts shows the power of the Atlantic!, with life guards calling people in while at Zoetry guests wade in the calm waters!! WOW!! ... To be fair, the resort is in its first season with new owners, and our only complaint was twice late night room service was very slow, albeit at a time when two restaurants were busy too ... Honestly one of our very BEST experiences! A tribute to the staff and owners."

• Travel date: 3rd March 2010

WE LOVED IT

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"From the moment we were greeted at the Punta Cana airport by the hotel van --complimentary champagne aboard -- to the sad time we bid the Zoetry Agua farewell our experience was wonderful. Originally we had set our sights on either Caneel Bay in St. John or the Eden Roc on St. Barts but were honestly frightened by the $750/night price tag at Caneel and the $1,200/night price tag for the Eden Roc. Wanting to spend a touch less we started looking at other places and never having been to Punta Cana but having heard some good things about the area we did the bulk of our research here on TripAdvisor and decided to take a chance with Zoetry Agua. We stayed from February 9 until February 20th, 2010. Simply awesome. As other reviewers point out, and to be fair, the Zoetry is not the Ritz nor Four Seasons, but so what? If there is a friendlier and warmer resort staff on this side of the universe I want to be introduced to them. The staff truly made our vacation. I am fluent in Spanish, which certainly helped, but we had nothing but FANTASTIC experiences with EVERYONE at Zoetry, top to bottom. Everyone was charming, beaming with good grace and incredibly desiring of taking care of us; by the end of our stay we were truly sad to leave. As an example of the type of service here, Martina found out we were looking for some mamajuana to take back with us and had not found any and unknown to us she went out and bought some for us to take back and gave it to us as we were about to leave. Amazing, we tell you. We are sure to leave out some names here but would genuinely like to thank in no particular order the Front Desk personnel (Jonathan, Willy, Luis and Carlos), the Canoa lobby bar (Jose, Gregorio and Kelin), the Room Service help of Wellington and Eddy, Juliana and Amapola of Housekeeping, the entire staff of the Indigo Restaurant/Lounge (Pedro, Martina, Yordana, Yolaine, Kenny), at the Fork Restaurant Damary was delightful, while Ambioris, Enrique, Freddy and Patricio seemed to be everywhere we looked. Christina, the activities director, was incredibly accommodating and at the spa Rafaela is great. Overseeing it all is the General Manager, Natalia Redondo, who is one of the most gracious hoteliers we have ever encountered, anywhere, period. BRAVO NATALIA. As you can tell, we got to know many of the staff: Zoetry is that type of place. For the two of us, we paid about $540 per night during our stay, which included a beautiful room with incredible balcony, ALL the food we could eat, ALL the top-shelf alcohol we could drink, ALL the international phone calls we could make, transport to and from the airport and a few other things I'm sure I'm forgetting. Though foodies are bound to be disappointed, we found the found good. All in all, we thought the whole experience incredible value for money. Our aim was to unplug, relax and go to a place where we could read a book or lounge about on the beach and feel good about just unwinding. The Zoetry was perfect. But keep in mind, Zoetry is a SMALL resort -- 51 rooms total, it is in the Uvero Alto area, which is a good hour away from Bavaro and the Punta Cana "scene," and there is not really much to do, other than to relax, of course. So if you need the casino, the disco, shopping, bars, and lots of people note that you might be happier elsewhere. Zoetry while a resort in name is really not what you would imagine a resort to be. Also, not sure I would come with kids, as you've got the great staff, a fantastic beach, a solid spa, the three restaurants and that's about that. And to our anal retentive traveling friends, keep in mind this is the Dominican Republic not Switzerland, there are bugs aplenty and sometimes things don't always go as planned. Going with the flow and rolling with the punches is important to ensure a good time. :) If you're looking to simply relax, amid a lovely setting with an incredibly amazing staff we wholeheartedly recommend the Zoetry Agua. We applaud and salute the resort."

• Travel date: 23rd February 2010

The ultimate resort for relaxing!

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"We were looking for a small resort for just a few nights....needed a place to relax and we found it in the Zoetry Agua Punta Cana. We have been to many different islands in the Carribean and different sized resorts. Zoetry is the perfect setting---quiet, great beach/ocean and most of all outstanding service. We were picked up at the airport (shortest time from flight to car that I have ever experienced) and the trip with our driver and guide was great. The Zoetry staff is possibly the best we have ever had at a resort. They were friendly, happy and very willing to accomodate our requests. I am leaving out many of the staff but David, Jeremy, Jose, Martina, Carlos were all great. It seemed that our stretch of beach was much better than what we saw when we walked in either direction from the resort. The water was definitely the best---calm. The food was very good----I ordered grilled lobster tail (off the menu) twice and was excellent. All restaurants were great. We enjoyed the live music and it was different each time we heard it----sax, guitar, accordian. The spa was nice and a great setting. I had a massage and the indian scalp massage. We stayed in an ocean view suite (taino) which was nice with a living room, open courtyard and separate bedroom/bathroom area. It usually takes me a couple of days to get into vacation mode and relax. At the Zoetry, we relaxed immediately. We willl definitely return....loved it."

• Travel date: 22nd February 2010

Wonderful experience

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"although not a four seasons or ritz Carleton etc,The resort was top notch. Our plane was delayed 2 hrs but yet the resort driver was waiting at the airport with a private car. The staff at Agua were amazing, they were there to please, and always did it with a smile. They made the stay worthwhile. The all inclusive meals and drinks were non stop. The chefs and waiters made any order you wanted and as much. The meals were excellent, the wine good and top shelf liquor. The only poor part of the food was dessert...but that kept the weight down. I said I'd mention the fabulous waiters David and Jeremy, but it would be a disservice to all the other staff that was greAt. The beach was long and beautiful and well groomed. The resort was quiet, but that was what I wanted. I'd highly recommend this place. You could tell that the ownership cared and if there were problems they would be immediately fixed. The massages were good....avoid the manicure, pedicure. The water was gorgeous."

• Travel date: 20th February 2010

Worth Every Penny

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"As I did at first, many of you will think this resort is too expensive. Here's what you are paying for and why it is worth the money: > Privacy, no crowds, no waiting, no reservations. Simply put, this resort is you and maybe seeing 20 at any given time. > Room. Get an ocean front 2nd floor. We upgraded once there to room 50 and it was perfect. Massive balcony, bathroom/shower/wet area overlooking the ocean, doors open all night with sea air breezing in, best view in the morning to see the sun rise. Worth every penny of an extra $124 p/d. > Food. Great (not amazing) as most everyone mentions. > Staff. Get to know Enrique at Indigo and the world is your oyster. All inclusive means that you DO tip. $2-$3 at breakfast, $5 at dinner, $5-$10 for a day of beach service. > Spa Treatments. Way overpriced. $110-$140 for a 50 min massage or treatment. Yes, this is a 5 star resort but the Dominican economy and staff qualifications are not. The best massages in the States are rarely over $80. > Spa amenities. Great pool, sauna, steam. Locker room does not stock products, (what?!), shower leaked everywhere. > Transfer. Perfect, comfortable, friendly, personable, on time. > Beach. Awesome morning walks, great during the day, excellent service, fun party one of the nights. > Wine. As a Sommelier, forget about it. I think between the transfers from the airport/distributer/storage it all sees too much heat which destroys it. > Change. Take a lot of $5 & $1 bills. $20 in tips per day was my estimate. > Pool. Colder than the ocean. > Room Service. Fast, efficient, timely. Use it!"

• Travel date: 17th February 2010

Excellent Honeymoon!

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"My husband and I chose to stay here for our belated honeymoon. I did some extensive research into hotels and where to stay and I am so pleased I did as it was how I came across this wonderful hotel. From start to finish Zoetry offers pure relaxation. It is so quiet at times it felt like we were the only people staying! The gardens and surrounding area are beautifully set out and designed. The rooms are all wooden decor with high thatched ceilings and bathrooms as big as the bedrooms! It is worth paying that little extra for the sea view at the front of the hotel. The beach is lovely soft sand, and as we were early risers due to the jet lag could often be the only guests out there! The pool is also beautiful to sit around to get out of the breeze. The sun loungers are to die for with lovely comfy matresses and pillows. This is an all inclusive resort but you would never know it as there is an extensive menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We had breakfast brought to our balcony every morning! My husband is also quite a fussy eater and nothing was too much trouble to accomodate. All alcohol is premium branded. Finally I would like to mention the staff! They were so friendly and helpful. They ask you your name once and then will remember the whole time you stay. They bring you drinks and food when you haven't even asked! You cannot go wrong! The barman Gregory is also very entertaining and always willing to offer you his 'special' cocktail of the day. This could not have been more ideal for our honeymoon. Total relaxation and quiet. I would recommend this to anyone who wishes to be pampered for a week and totally get away from it all in beautiful surroundings. Nothing is too much trouble."

• Travel date: 11th February 2010

PURE RELAXATION!!!

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"We just return from the Zoetry PC and it was a week of pure relaxation! I will have to agree with the previous reviewer on everything mentionned so without repeating I will try to be short. THE VIEW: If you have the choice, reserve a beach front room, it is not comparable to any larger resorts we've been with the ocean front room. These room are 15 steps from the sand but again other room such as swimout have beautiful pool and garden views also. THE ROOM: We had a large bath and ceramic shower with the windows that opened. The first night when relaxing in the tub I found out quickly that the mosquitos are making their way in the room easily. Very clean room, the maids were there 3 times daily to wipe the harwood floors with lavander detergent, cleaned, chance towells, turn down service with 2 bottles of water, chocolats and flowers. The bar was replenished daily. There is a bag for your laundry to be washed. We used it and the second day it was all clean and folded, super touch. We also used the international calls privilege with no problem, very fast and clear sound also. THE SPA : Nice, large beds aoutside the pool area to read, we upgrades the 20 minutes massage for an hour and was good. My husband used the steambath everyday and appreciated it. ACTIVITIES : We took the horse backriding and were disappointed. They don't let your run with the horse and their reason is that some don't know how to ride but being with to guides it would be nice to seperate the goup if needed to really enjoy the ride. You ride to the ranch and now they are very pushing you to buy from their store and no worries, you have no money on you, they will charge it to your room and you come back on a taxi car. THE BEACH : Just unspoiled and long long beach...We are beach lovers! FOOD : We enjoyed not having any buffet (except Saturday night on the beach). All a la carte menu and that's what we like. If the management is reading this, I would have a suggestion concerning the side dish, try to be more creative or add more variations in the mash patatoes and the julienne vegetables. They are very good but are repeated with every meat at any restaurants. It's no joke you can order delicious lobsters at any restaurants, my husband ate lobsters 6 nights out of 7... AH THE STAFF : They are special people, They make a point of knowing your name and calling you but it, that's a nice touch. We made a test by not tipping at the beginning of our stay to see if they are really trying to please without money and they are...Always making sure that everything is to your satisfaction and Manuel's smile is just precious. Thanks to Enrique for the special coffees at night and all of the resort staffs... If you are seeking for a recharging vacation for 2, this is the place. We will certainly go back if we travel just the 2 of us. I don't think it's the place to travel with a couple of friends or either with the children. Hope this was helpfull and happy travels!"

• Travel date: 10th February 2010

Top notch, quiet, relaxing vacation

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"We stayed at Zoetry from 31 Jan – 7 Feb 10 Here is a little bit about my husband and I, so you can decide if our priorities for an AI are similar to yours. Since walking is basically our sole form of exercise while away, we usually book large resorts so we can do lots of walking within the confines of the resort. We like a sit down menu for dinner and to be served, buffets are not our thing, night life (disco) is not important to us. We are easy going and so far all our trips south have been good, although some have been better than others. This is our 22nd all-inclusive and our 10th time to Punta Cana. I always like to know where others have stayed so I know what they are comparing so here are some other resorts we have been to recently: Excellence Punta Cana (EPC), Iberostar Grand Paraiso (IGP), Sandals Whitehouse (SW) in Jamaica, Excellence Playa Mujeres (EPM), Grand Lido Negril (GLN) and Iberostar Grand Bavaro. IGB is our favorite resort to date. We had fully intended on returning to Iberostar Grand Bavaro which would have been our first repeat ever. I couldn’t find any other resorts that seemed to compare. I was watching Zoetry but it seemed very expensive and there weren’t many reviews on it. We were waiting to book IBG last minute as the prices seemed to drop a few days prior and about 10 before our travel date I found an extraordinary offer on Expedia for Zoetry. It seemed to good to be true so I couldn’t pass it up. Overview: As soon as we exited the customs area I saw my name being held up and we were wisked via a luxury SUV to Zoetry. This was my biggest concern because in the past we have always booked packaged vacations that included transportation. We were offered champagne or water. The drive took about an hour. How nice not to have to wait for a bus to fill up before we could leave and not to have a dozen stops at other resorts enroute. Room: Our room was room 49. An oceanfront which is what I booked. It seems there are only around 8 or so ocean front (2nd floor) and deluxe ocean front rooms (ground floor walkout with plunge pool) so you may want to book what you actually want as opposed to taking a chance of an upgrade on arrival. I had requested ground floor, not knowing they were all the deluxe and thought we would upgrade upon arrival, if need be. Our view was fantastic. I could have stayed on our balcony for the whole week. Absolutely amazing. A view of the infinity pool to our right and straight ahead nothing but beautiful beach and ocean. There was no way I was changing this room for any other room. I had written ahead and found out the cost to upgrade from the basic room to ocean front was $57 per person per day. My upgrade cost the same at time of booking. The room itself is large and spacious. A walk in closet with his and her hanging space. Lots of shelves and drawers. A stocked fridge including M&M and Pringles. Any amenities you could think of but we couldn’t find an iron in the room (which we requested and never got). A separate private room for the toilet and bidou. Two sinks, large marble shower with a showerhead and jets down the front. A fruit basket and bottle of rum. From our bed we could see the amazing beach and water. Absolutely heaven. Grounds: A leisure walk from lobby to beach which is end to end is 10 minutes tops. This resort is the smallest we have ever been with just over 50 rooms. The grounds are nice and well maintained. Beach: We have been to Punta Cana many times so knew what to expect, absolutely beautiful. This particular part of the beach seemed the most beautiful we have seen. The bavaro beach is always full of people and activity. Since this area was quiet with very few people it had a beauty all it’s own. Mornings on our deck, afternoons on the beach I was truly in awe of the beach. There was no seaweed and the few rocks were easy to see and avoid. Water shoes are not required. The sand entering the water is soft. There was never a problem finding chairs in either the shade or sun. The chairs on the beach lay flat and have pads. Around the pool single bed mattresses are offered. Lots of umbrellas for shade in both locations. We stayed on the beach everyday. Pools: I can’t comment on the pools as we spent all our time on the beach. The infinity pool was nice to look at from the far end looking towards the beach. We didn’t see many in the pool the week we were there. No one was using their plunge pools either. Housekeeping: Our room was very clean, fresh towels both in the morning and evening. We had pringle chips, M&M, snickers, beer, pop, water, some single servings of hard liquor. Our mini bar was not filled daily but all we wanted from it was water so brought our own up from bars. We requested extra pillows, shaving cream etc and these requests were filled the next time we were in our room. Staff: All the employees were very friendly and could not do enough for us. This is the first resort we have gotten to know staff names and they knew ours. We had turn down service most nights, fresh towels were brought and chocolates were put out. We got a bulletin called Sundial daily reciting the events for the next day, what restaurants would be opened, the temperature etc. This is also where the included horseback riding is announced and one can then sign up. We were offered different snacks on the beach ranging from nachos to shrimp cocktails. Menus were offered on the beach to order your lunch. At breakfast our last day we were offered sandwiches for the trip home. We never had a problem with language as others have mentioned (we speak only English) but we usually ask for what we want in a single word. Weather: Sun, sun and more sun. Everyday was gorgeous with winds blowing on the beach. Hot in the sun and cool under a shade hut on the beach. Gym and Spa: Walked quickly through and there is not a treadmill, there are a couple elliptical machines and some weights. Breakfast This meal was a la carte not buffet. Perhaps because of the low occupancy buffet food would have sat to long and gotten cold. Coffee, juice, water, a bread basket with breads and sweets and a variety of jams were brought to the table. The omelet was very good and the rest of the egg dishes were ok. The first couple days we found coffee refills usually had to be asked for and were slow so after the first day we started making coffee in the room before going for breakfast. We did notice the service improved as our week went on. The food came in a timely fashion. Lunch: This meal was offered in the ocean view restaurant and the food was ok. We had a couple dishes that were very good and some that were just alright. Would be nice to have a larger menu available, as after 7 days the menu seemed a little boring. Most days there were one or more menu items not available. The service was very good. Perhaps pizza and ice cream could be added to the menu. Dinner: We tried all 3 al la cartes. We had excellent dinners in the Amaya restauant, our favorite. Very good dinners and very nice atmosphere at Fork. My least favorite dinner was a very tough steak as part of a surf and turf at Indigo’s. Reservations are not required at any restaurant and the service was always very good to outstanding. Occupancy and kids: Upon arrival we were told about 13 rooms were occupied, mid week 36 people total and by the time we left it seemed there were more. I had booked this resort thinking it was adults only. After I booked I realized it wasn’t. There was only one well behaved child when we arrived. A few more kids by mid week. The night before we left 4 young guys arrived and were splashing and playing in the pool. In my opinion this resort has not really planted it’s roots as far as clientele yet and depending who the other guests are during your stay could have an impact on a vacation. Complaints: Our main problem was the air conditioner in our room never cooled below 23 and we found this warm for sleeping. We choose to sleep in a very cold house in both the summer and winter, this is important to us. We made numerous requests to check on the air conditioning but this was never fixed. Not as important to us but a small inconvenience was in order to get hot water in the shower the pressure was sacrificed so even though the shower looked impressive it was not really. Finally, mosquitos were a problem at this resort and I got quite a few bites even with bug spray on. A fogging is done in the evenings and does seem to help but an exact time would be nice as we were caught outside a couple times during the fogging and it is intense. As a side note, as it may be important to someone else our room had no bathtub only a shower. The Good: This is by far the best view we have ever had. Definitely book an ocean view as it is well worth the view. Never at any resort and especially not in Punta Cana where all the resorts seem to sit back from the beach have I seen a view like this. Most of the dinners were quite good. The days were quiet and very enjoyable. All employees were pleasant, friendly and didn’t seem to be able to do enough for us. Conclusion: We enjoyed our vacation at this resort. We knew when we booked it would be quiet and we quickly got into the zen mood. We missed night time entertainment. We ate our dinners later than usual, around 8 but after that there was nothing at all to do. We would have enjoyed at least some light entertainment in the lobby bar. This resort is perfect to recharge. It is suitable for people traveling alone and would also work for friends traveling together. It is perfect for couples as well. We enjoyed our week, we enjoyed doing nothing but would probably not return to this resort as we do enjoy larger resorts with more walking space and central spaces for gathering places in the evenings."

• Travel date: 10th February 2010

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana where LIFE is Lived ARTFULLY!

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"Stayed at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana January 27, 28th and 29th. From the moment you pull in the driveway… I was met by Kelvin who offered me a cool towel to freshen up with Then Roberto brought me a tea of the day!... Telling me about the resort as he walked me to my room… Each step of the way from the lobby to my room my eyes gazed upon the beauty and the serenity that is Zoetry Agua Punta Cana! The motto for Zoetry is “The ART of LIFE”…I like to say “Living LIFE ARTFULLY at Zoetry! For truly my 3 days there had me living the Rhythm that is serene and lovely and totally ZOETRY! Each day unfolded and the magic that is Zoetry took over and brought me to a very happy and peaceful place. Beside the undeniable beauty and location of the resort which truly is BEAUTIFUL and the location allows easy swimming in the calmest part of the ocean in that area! The Management and STAFF are what add to the MAGIC of Zoetry! Natalia Redondo the General Manager has hand picked an AMAZING STAFF of People who are all Dominican and truly enjoy being there and interacting with their guests! Their love and happiness for life soon becomes YOURS! It certainly became mine! Kelvin who meets guests as they arrive along with Roberto at the Front Desk, Jordany at the Beach making sure your drinks are fine, Gregorio at the Lobby bar and so many Even the entertainment of the guitar and sax play in the morning while dining at the Amayan Restaurant…and then the strolling musicians at night and now they have added Chris Blizzard a talented singer who I’ve seen and know from past trips to the DR! The food that I experienced there was delicious! Each meal a special treat! Breakfast is at the Amayan Restaurant! Do try the French toast! LOVED IT! Lunch I had at Indigo and it was Seafood Ceviche Lobster and then Key Lime Pie…like none other I’ve ever experienced! I enjoyed dinner there and also in Fork the restaurant in the lobby! Loved the Dominican Style Beef Stew Yum and YUM! All of my senses were soothed and pampered throughout my stay but before I close I must mention the Spa at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana. It took my breath away in just the beauty of its offerings the relaxing areas, the state of the art spa equipment are all wonderful, I had an aromatherapy treatment and a hydro therapy treatment with Rafella who took me away to a very relaxed place! When it was time for me to leave the spa she told me she had been to the room 3 other times to wake me but I was sleeping so soundly she just didn’t want to disturb me! My 3 short days at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana took me to “My Happy Place” And I will return there in my mind and heart often until I come back to “Live LIFE ARTfully! If anyone wants to see my albums of pics that I am still working on I would be happy to share or to answer any questions."

• Travel date: 6th February 2010

Simply lovely

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"As the other reviews have said, this hotel is just wonderful. The rooms are so spacious with beautiful wood floors, gorgeous bathrooms, and great architecture. We actually spent half our stay in an ocean front suite with a private plunge pool and then the second half in a suite with an extra living room and outdoor shower area. Both were spectacular and the nicest rooms and views we have ever experienced at a hotel. We brought our 2 year old son along on our trip and this probably wasn't the best place to bring a kid as he was the only child there all week. It is incredibly quiet and relaxing so we were hyper-sensitive about bothering other guests as he frolicked in the pool. That being said, our babe had an amazing time and was in his glory with the super cool pool that snakes throughout the resort and the calm, turquoise ocean just feet from our door. I would really recommend this place for a quiet place to relax as a couple. When I read some of the reviews of this resort before we went I thought some were fake because people reference staff members by name. After returning I will attest that they are all true. The staff are the nicest people and you do end up knowing them by name by the end of your trip. Jordany, the waitress at the beach restaurant and bar would, without solicitation, bring my son a fresh papaya juice by the pool every morning. All the staff were so kind to us and our son and it felt quite genuine. Some other reviewers mentioned that it was challenging communicating with some of the staff who only spoke Spanish...that was indeed the case for a few staffers but this is a Spanish speaking country so I don't see that as a fault. There was always someone nearby who spoke fine English. We've been to a number of nice resorts throughout the Carribbean and my husband and I agreed that this was our favorite. The food was quite good-- especially the breakfast. Our one critique of some of the food, particularly lunch and dinner, was there was too much salt used. The food seemed quite fresh so they should let the food speak for itself a bit more. The spa is GORGEOUS and very relaxing. There is an enormous hot tub, sauna, steam room and other amenities you can use at no charge. It was my birthday when I was there and when I went in for my massage they had the room all decorated for me with a fresh fruit plate with a candle. The one other challenge is the mosquitos. The hotel makes a lot of effort to manage the insects but they still win at nght. We had mosquito bites all over our body. By 5pm be sure to lather yourself up in chemical insect repellent (we tried the au naturale stuff the first few nights and it didn't work). During the day the skeeters aren't a problem at all."

• Travel date: 5th February 2010