Aerial shot from Now Garden Punta Cana

• adults only amenities
  • casino
  • butler service

Good

Not quite what we expected

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"We just returned from Edehn- new resort only open 3 weeks. Lots of things to work out- not finished- no bowling alley or casino like advertised- and won't be done for close to another year. The pools were great- the beach was great. We did not dine in the restaurants- only the buffet- which was above average, but unless you ate the things cooked on the grill, most things on the buffet were cold. Entertainment each night, but did not start until almost 10pm- we took a child- so couldn't participate that late. The hotel was overbooked- so many people had to be put up at other resorts as they had no room at the inn. We had to complain about our toilet that did not flush- after 3rd day of complaints- we got moved to another room, but had to get nasty with the management first. Lots of people not satisfied with things- No clocks in room- no clocks anywhere- so take a watch. Lots of mosquitoes- so take bug spray. Don't take money for the casino- not finished yet. Take advantage of the special rates, cause when it's done and up to snuff- it will be a pricey place to stay- just our feelings. All in all, we had a good time- just the little inconviences- like nobody speaking English good enough to really understand what you are saying."

• Travel date: 28th January 2008

Hated one thing - leaving!

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"Trip from the airport is short compared to most of the resorts we have stayed at in PC. Instant gratification upon arrival - the bar by reception had a football game on a huge screen and plenty of beer and chips and hotdogs to offer while we waited for the desk to assemble our room key package! Our room had an edgy, unique design, but a definite lack of privacy. I was not relaxed with the glass panel doors on the shower and WC either - sounds are amplified, and the thought of a panel coming loose where bare feet tread gives me chills. There were a few mosquitoes dancing around the ceiling, but by the end of our week they were gone. Our maids did a fantastic job, and our room was always spotless with chocolates on the pillows each evening. The toiletry collection was extensive and delightful, and there was a hairdryer and heaps of fluffy white towels, and new beach towels every day. The fridge was stocked with beer, coke, water, candy bars, olives and peanuts, and there was a coffee maker with coffee packets. We didn't see an ice machine, but room service would no doubt bring it. Speaking of room service - its included, and available 24 hours. We had a bottle of bubbly sent up for our anniversary which we sipped in our jacuzzi tub full of bubble bath. A rare treat!!! The ala carte restaurant food was excellent. Some of my favorites were filet mignon and broiled carribean lobster, shrimp tempura, cheesecake and hazelnut mousse cake. At the buffet and Olas restaurant by the pool I always enjoyed pizza, salads, olives, and grilled, baked or fried fish, and lots of fresh tropical fruits and drinks. Waiters Daniel, Antony and Mateo were especially attentive and helpful, and the bartender at the service bar was lightning fast. Carlos and Ramon were pushing the pina coladas at the two small pools along the beach, and Fernando was great at getting the swim up bar crowd rowdy and feeling good. Stretching class was a great way to start the day - and water aerobics helped burn off some of the extra calories. Other great activities were beach volleyball, the trampoline in the water, rum and cigar class, and fancy mixed drink lesson. Carlos Garcia runs the watersports and gives lessons at 9:30am so you can take the equipment out later on your own. (I think I probably would prefer another lesson) The theater is not finished yet so the shows are in the plaza beyond reception. Each show is different and greatly entertaining. My husband likes the dancing and I liked the big band night. We both really liked the roof top Tahntra bar under the stars - sea breezes gently stirring the curtains surrounding the deep red cushioned lounges and the flickering scented candles. There is even a small pool up there if the dancing gets too hot and heavy. (careful what you wear though - there is a window through to the view of the plaza below!) Sad to say our only complaint was the unbelievable rudeness and prima dona attitudes we overheard from some of the other guests. We sincerely hope our host country will excuse us the ignorance, dishonesty and poor manners some of us so brazenly have displayed. We had a wonderful time and give much thanks to all the staff at EdenH."

• Travel date: 27th January 2008

All packed no place to go

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"I wish that I had an opportunity to rate this resort....but Edenh cancelled our reservation with only 5 days notice! They are shut down to finish construction! Our travel company called to inform us that we are now in another resort. One that I did not chose or that I would have if given the opportunity. So, now I spent a lot of money on a vacation that I do not want and I am sitting here with my bags packed with no compensation offered for the hassle and headache that I have. Thanks Edenh for throwing us out and chosing our vacation for us. Can't wait."

The Good And The Bad

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"My wife and I just got back yesterday from The Eden H Real Arena, This review is based on my experiences travelling the Caribbean. We mostly go to Jamaica and to Mexico and are really laid back non frivolous people. So now for the run down. The good 1.Willie the bell man definitely give him your bags and treat him good he will take care of you. He went above and beyond for my wife and I. 2.The sports Bar , Jose is a great guy defiantly take care of him too 3.The food is good also our favorite restaurants were the Asian (sit at the hibachi), The American has steaks and lobster…….They also have prime rib and Lamb almost every day… 4.The rooms in the paradise club have Jacuzzi tubs on the balconies 5.Being a new resort I didn’t expect the gardens to be very lush but u can tell in a couple years the landscaping will be very nice 6.The staff is very nice and accommodating (knowing a little Spanish goes a long way ) 7.Definitely do not miss the circus show probably one of the best I have seen at an all inclusive 8.The Bar upstairs is open air and has a pool The Bad 1.Construction and hammering all day even past 7 pm….. Never got fully relaxed because of all the commotion 2.Mosquitoes (I expected this so definitely be prepared ) 3.Had to switch rooms four times and had people walk into our room with thinking it was there’s. Also we arrived at 4 pm and did not get a room until 1030pm 4.I understand it is a new resort but on multiple occasions we had to wait over an hour in the restaurants to get our appetizers…. For warning go with the flow but don’t be afraid to speak up because they are a little understaffed and worked hard so just be nice and remind them... (If you tip before the meal you will definitely get better service) 5.Lots of drainage issues in the hall ways so be careful 6.People fighting over beach chairs on multiple occasions because there are not enough. I had to get up on my vacation at 7am and still did not get a great seat on the beach…(get towels the night before so you can get down there early and drop them off) 7.Way too much beach traffic it was like I was at Panama City on spring break with all the boats, parasailers and helicopters …..Also the water has a lot of seaweed because of all the boat traffic so get to the beach early for less muck.. 8.We got lucky because the next day they had to send numerous amounts of families to other resorts because of overbooking and brought them back the next day or so Make sure to get an even numbered room in the 1000 section and the odd numbers in the 2000 section for less noise and workers being outside your door. This is just a rundown of our week there any questions I will be happy to answer…Just understand this is a new resort and I believe it will be nice for certain types of people but in my opinion it was just ok nothing special to make it an exclusive destination….Also if you are golfer be prepared to pay extremely high dollar amounts to play the Nicklaus course (Cap Cana $360 us) and teeth of the dog($230 I believe) which is an hour and a half away . By the way Most of the elevators need to be worked on or are not working at the moment in the 1000 section….. The rating I have given this resort is at it stands now but in our opinion it will never be better than a 3 .5 to a 4 star.."

So So Vacation

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"As I sit down to write this review, I am torn. The property is beautiful and has alot of potential, but they have issues that I am not so sure they can solve. Yes, the hotel is under construction, but there are certain issues that I've been blogging about that may not be easily solved. The construction did cause many problems such as room shortages, dusty rooms, leaky pipes leaking into people's rooms and noise, but there were other problems that made the vacation not-so-good. For example mosquitos in the rooms and noise and the not-so-private bathrooms. I can go on and on. I want to be able to put the illustrations next to my comments though, so I am going to use my blog for that. http://edenhreal.blogspot.com/ I am going to start writing it now, and hopefully finish it a week or so. If you are going here, know that they do improve the things they can improve on every day. For instance when there was a shortage of lounge chairs around the pool, the next day they put out about 50 new ones."

• Travel date: 26th January 2008

Awesome Vacation

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"Hi All: First of all, I would like everyone to know how hard "Punta Cana Mike" works. He works 16 hour days, and hasn't had a day off in two weeks. We returned from EdenH yesterday, and we had the pleasure of meeting Mike. He has a wonderful personality, always a smile on his face. When we arrived he showed us around the resort so we could find everything easily. We found Mike amazing. This vacation was by far the best vacation we have had in the Caribbean in 5 years. The staff were very friendly, the food great, the atmosphere wonderful. There is so much offered at the EdenH. Drinks are served pool side and on the beach. We tipped them well, for the simple reason, they did not expect to be tipped. The servers treated everyone the same. Remember: You are on vacation, and if you cannot have a good time at this resort, the fault lies with you. Any new resort has its problems, which they will work out in time. These people bend over backwards to satisfy the tourists. There is absolutely NO reason to be rude to the staff. We would go back in a heartbeat to the EdenH."

Great resort-

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"Spent four days at Edenh Real and really loved the experience. Really only opened for a week before we arrived. A few minor start-up glitches, but not worth complaining about. Clean, upscale, friendly staff, great food, spacious rooms and beautiful beach."

Well Worth The Money!!!

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"Just got back this morning from a one week stay at the EdenH. I'm going to try and answer all the concerns that I have read in the forums and share my honest experience. we were 2 friends (female) both 41 ...We travel together every year for a week away from the cold winters here in Montreal. We arrived at 2am and check in was very fast. Upon arriving to our room, we saw that there was no separation between the bathroom and bedroom area...UH UH..this was not going to work...The next morning, i went to reception and w/out even asking, we were upgraded to a club room with private bathroom and Jaccuzi on the balcony and the best view i could ask for... It is true that the staff do not speak much english but we managed to get by and if not, they found someone who could understand us...However, English or not, they FALL ALL OVER YOU...I cannot comment enough on the service ALL over the hotel!!! The grounds WILL be beautiful once everything fills in, they are planting and planting but the hotel was much more finished than i had anticipated...the beach is great although there is a lot of seaweed in the water, it is not clear at all...i guess its because there are so many boats all the time...butnone the less, its a beautiful green turquise and the sand is powder white... the pools are great..swim up bar, and at 3pm...is my favorite...they come around with trays of pastrys and cookies at the pool and beach for tea time...You can get whatever you want both at the pool and the beach..and ser vice is quick and friendly...and I noticed they don't linger for a second in hopes of a tip...(I did tip though, they work hard) Our room was great..Plasma TV with all the American stations...A/C was FREEZING, it does take about 3-4 minutes for the hot water to kick in... We ordered breakfast to our room a few mornings...24hr room service is surpisingly very fast and fresh!!! The food, I have to tell you was perfectly ok...with the Habatchi grill at the Japanese restaurant being the best and most plentiful...The portions at the a ala cartes are very tiney...I never left hungry cuz I had soup appetiser , meal and dessert...but you will see what i'm talking about... The main area has an outdoor square that is beautiful...at night the entertainment takes place there...and they serve drinks...You can linger after the show or head on up to the Tantra bar on the roof where you will find covered beds, light up tables, a small swimming pool and funky music till 3am... The sports bar opened while i was there...TV'S a bar, cappucino machine and snacks... I read a review that stated that there wasnothing to do at this hotel and that it was a small resort compared to the mega ones...Well, Last year I stayed at the Barcelo Maya Colonial in Mayan Riviera..THIS WAS ENORMOUS!!!!! I loved it...but i was bored at night...this hotel has far more to oofer at night..they will be opening a coffee shop and an ice cream parlor..The thatre will open in March, Casino, Disco as well...How much more can you cram into an evening after you've been sitting in the sun all day?????? I am sure you will read negative reviews in the next few days as everytime I was in the lobbly there was much chaos!!! they really need to improve their reservation system..they were turning people away, reservations were lost...they were placing people smack in the middkle of the construction (there is a block of room s not ready yet and it is very noisy and dusty)..People were very very angry and lots of shouting...If I were you, i would disregard those reviews...Stuff happens..they are still in the "Soft opening stage"...the kinks will get ironed out... Overall...We had an AMAZING time...Not to sound obnoxious..But when i travel..its always a 5*..and this far exceeded my expectations...They will only improve... If you really want to be pampered, beautiful grounds, pools, beach, lots to do...I would suggest this resort before the prices go up to what they should be for an excellent 5* You do have to keep in mind though that the plants have not bloomed..color is lacking, in that at other resorts, there are lots and lots of flowers..but they are planted and it will be beautiful... I had an amazing week..weather was super hot and sunny... there are plenty of bars and lots and lots of stuff to do both during the day and at noght..it caters to famillies as well as singles, older and younger...You can keep busy or tuck yourself away at the beach or at one of the smaller pools and just vege... I forgot to mention...the buffet restaurant has an outdoor terrace which i have never seen before..i loved eating breakfast ouside...the Italien restaurant WILL have their terrace open shortly..its ready but not operating..You can litteraly stayoutdoors from the moment you wake up till you go to sleep.!!!!"

Loved our stay!

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"We really loved our stay! Would definitely go back! We really enjoyed the beautiful beach and thought the food was excellent. We preferred the buffet over the a la carte ones. The rooms and service overall were good. It is a resort that is still being finished...mostly just finishing touches. This did not effect our stay too much."

• Travel date: 22nd January 2008

Edenh Real Arena

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"Punta Cana is the most amazing place I have ever been!! We stayed at the Edenh Real Arena, it had only been open a week so there were some kinks to work out but the service, workers and mostly the beach made up for it. This resort is will definetly be a 5 star hotel. We met alot of people that have stayed in the other resorts and they said that this one is the Ritz Carlton of the island. I will be going back next year, eventhough the price for this resort is going to go up to almost 500 - 1000+ per night. yea but it's soooooo worth the money. oh and if you go make sure you meet Luis from the roof top bar and tip him well, he will take care of you every night, and henri from the down stairs bar also. I have pictures on myspace, just browse my name Ricky Sanderson its the one on the second page not the one without the profile picture. You'll have to request me as a friend because my page is set to private."

• Travel date: 21st January 2008