view

Good
19211 reviews

Majestic vacation

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"I won't repeat everything in previous reviews so I will give my highlights: Room: Arrived Dec 15. Check in was super fast, was brought right to the Elegance Club. I booked Elegance Club junior suite, got room 4136. Room was beautiful everything worked just fine. Some details looked rushed like marble cut but not finished, grout missing in certain spots, TV not mounted on wall, switches wired backward. But it all functioned OK so we didn't complain about anything. We did hear of this shower flooding issue in another room. Ours had a little lip in the tile to prevent this. We also used jacuzzi every day it was awesome. Maids always left fresh flower petals every day. Grounds: Everything was super clean and staff was working nonstop to keep it this way which we appreciated. A few things are not finished such asa couple fountains not having water in them yet, but minor stuff. Bali beds at pools were so nice to relax on. Club terrace bar was beautiful also don't miss it! Food: We thought food was average with exception of Japanese steakhouse. That was fantastic, lots of sushi to pick from and the hibatchi was tasty and entertaining. French restaurant sea bass dish was very good, but other courses were just OK, soup was very salty. Only 2 entree choices to pick from at this place which we thought was too little. Italian was good, we went for breakfast and lunch also. The buffets were typical buffets, lots to pick from so you can find things you like. They made fresh pitchers of fruit smoothies at Flavours buffet, great! Also the pineapple was so sweet I couldn't eat enough of it. We never got sick and we tried everything. Beach: Excellant like other reviewers posted. Elegance Club: The private lounge was very nice with free fast internet connection. They always had snacks, drinks and espresso machine too. Aromatherapy pillow menu was not available yet which we were disappointed in. We got 3 bottles of liquor (Baily, johnny walker black and vodka). Also had bottle of champagne waiting for us and a Majestic polo shirt and hat. Staff: Cannot say enough about the staff they were so friendly and accomodating. Everyone always had a smile and greeting for us. Service was very fast at restaurants which I'm not used to in caribbean. Plates were taken as soon as we were done, coffee and drinks refilled, etc... Its helpful to know a little Spanish if you have a question about something but you get used to it after a couple days. The animation team was fantastic and shows were decent every night. We went to the disco one night at Majestic Colonial and had a fun time. We walked way down the beach past Rui and found some local shops right on the beach. Prices here were way cheaper then at the resort. Would suggest going there and haggling with them, don't take first offer they give you. have a great time!!!"

• Travel date: 22nd December 2008

great fun but watch out for the mosquitos!!

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"Visited the ME from Dec 11-18. Two familes with young children. We have a one year old and my sister has a three & five year old. Rooms - We had a majestic junoir swim-up suite. The room looked gorgeous when you first walked in, but as the week went on we noticed that the workmanship looked rushed which was unfortunate because the finishings were beautiful. We noticed a sewage smell in our shower on most days that would only go away if you ran the shower. There also was A LOT of mosquitos. We usually travel twice a year to the carribbean and this was definitely the most mosquitos we have ever encountered. I would strongly suggest bringing room bug spray. We were told be another guest on the last day that you can tell the management about the bugs and they will spray for you. We would have been reluctant to do so with our little guy in the room as we would not have known what they were using to spray. Spoke to some people on the plane who stayed at different resorts and didn't have the same problem with bugs. That being said, it was a comfy bed and we didn't spend all that much time in the room so it was good enough for us. Beach - Amazing, amazing, amazing!! We spent our mornings on the beach every day with the kids. It was perfect! One of the best I've been to. Pretty wicked waves and undertow a few days, but I love playing in rough water. Not great for the kids, but they enjoyed the sand just as much as the water. Pool - the pool was our afternoon spot. Most of the pool has a ledge a few inches under the water that works perfectly for little ones. Food - no complaints. Found something every day that our little guy would eat. A few tummy issues amongst our group, but nothing too bad. We did eat at all of the resturants during our stay. Strongly recommend the Steak House. Staff - Fantastic!! I feel that the staff go out of their way to make your stay great. We especially found Ronnie (sea & see during the day, flavours at night), Dulce (Flavours/Day, Steak house/Night) & Blas (Flavours/Day) to be exceptional. They really helped to make our stay special. I was worried because we had read about exposed wires all over the place in other reviews/forum. There are exposed wires in many places, but I found them to be in areas that you shouldn't be walking anyway! eg, ponds & gardens I didn't find them to be close to the walking paths or within reach of tiny hands. We also had a great photo session with Kelvin & Fillipe and had some casual pictures taken by Laura on the beach one day. We are very pleased with the pictures we purchased. All in all, one of my favourite vacations ever. The resort is going to be amazing when it is all done, but it is wonderful right now as well. There is lots of work going on, but I didn't find it interfered with my vacation. Would be pleased to answer any questions."

Nice time at the Majestic Elegance

Reviewed 22nd December 2012

"After AA forced us to miss our connecting flight to Punta Cana from Miami, we arrived a day late to the ME. From recommendations from TripAdvisor message boards, I arranged our airport transfers through http://www.dominicanairporttransfers.com/ which I recommend. It was US $130 roundtrip for 7 of us. The driver was waiting for us, so we were able to skip the multitudes of other people waiting to offer or arrange our transfer. Anyway – just a shout-out for that company. Due to us being a day late, they’d actually already been at the airport the day before waiting on us when I called, and they didn’t charge extra or anything for having to make the trip 2x for us. Also – we just saw a credit on our accounts from Bookit.com (who we booked through). The resort refunded us a night’s stay due to us not being able to arrive when we’d originally booked. RESORT ARRIVAL We arrived at a very impressive and huge open-air lobby. As we checked in, we were served the Majestic’s signature drink (non-alcoholic when you check in, but trust me, ask for one of those with rum at the bar. You will not be disappointed), and we were given refreshing cloths. We were upgraded one level up to the swim-up suites. We didn’t ask for the upgrade, but we didn’t question it. The check-in was quick and our rooms were ready (4 pm’ish?). ROOMS I was nervous about this resort because I was the one responsible for 7 of us being there, so I was looking at it with a very critical eye from the beginning. I was first scared because I saw a mattress outside of our room when we got to it, and I thought, “wow, it’s really not complete. They’re setting up beds as we check in!!” But it was for a 3rd bed in our room. We had 3 of us in a double room and they brought an extra bed for us. We had originally assumed 2 of us could sleep in one bed and the 3rd would have their own bed, but the full beds are small. Unless you’re a big fan of spooning all night, I’d request a king bed. Since we were 3 singles, 3 separate beds worked ok. The room was big enough to accommodate 3 beds. There was a bottle of (Brut) Champagne (you can request a refill bottle - I know, who would want one, right? but after one, it doesn't matter so much anymore) and a fruit plate waiting for us. Upon first walkthrough, I immediately noticed a few craftsmanship issues: one light fixture was crooked, like a level hadn’t been used to put it up, there was recessed lighting in a nook above each bed and there was a spot where a hole had been cut and then they figured out it was wrong and they cut another hole for the light – the first hole was poorly patched and painted over, the marble (‘ish?) shower looked wonderful (and was – 4 different water outputs which was very relaxing), but some of the faucet fixtures had holes a bit larger than the fixture (it appeared they didn’t have the right tools to accurately cut and fit holes for them? So that was a little unappealing cosmetically), the showers did leak into the toilet area (but not into our room and it wasn't an overwhelming leak), our TV wasn’t on the wall (which wasn’t a concern at all) but it didn’t work and our ceiling fan didn’t work. We called about the ceiling fan and the tv and a repair guy showed up in less than a minute. He was able to fix both. The only other issue with the rooms was that our A/C didn’t seem to work as well as others in our group, but it was adequate and we did have a sewage smell/fresh drywall (yeah, if you can imagine that?) that was quite overwhelming upon first walking into the room, but we got used to it quickly, so it couldn’t have been that bad. It was MUCH worse our last day there, so we weren’t sure if it was an issue of more people starting to check in and straining the plumbing or not? This smell was not an issue in the other 2 rooms our group had. Although these cosmetic issues aren't impacting on my fun, I do think if they're aren't reviewed and fixed, it will affect people's overall perspective on this resort eventually. In the beginning, they can be overlooked, but they shouldn't still exist in an established 4 star (5?) resort. Some in our group had maid/turn down service 2-3x a day with the maids making the beds if they’d been in for a nap, but we only had maid service 2x in 5 days. They have sensors outside the rooms that tell the employees when the room is occupied so they know when they can enter and one of our roommates slept at odd hours, so that might explain the sporadic maid service. The swim-up rooms are nice and will be nice when the landscaping is better. The ground outside our room was lumpy and the shrubs separating us from our neighbors are baby shrubs and not exactly effective. It wasn’t exactly a ’garden’, but if the ‘gardens' outside the Majestic Colonial’s equivalent rooms are any indication, this will eventually be a very nice amenity of these rooms. RESTAURANTS Japanese – We sat at one of the Teppan-yaki grills. They serve chicken, beef, shrimp, fried rice and vegetables. Not as good as some of the ones I’ve been to, but it was good for an AI. Italian – In our group we covered most of the menu selections. Everyone was happy with their main selections. Their Caesar salad was made with real anchovies, which I’m not used to, but it was ok and the chicken on it was a little dried out and tough. See/Sea – The buffet by the beach during the day, seafood restaurant at night. I had the continental breakfast here once (so-so), and I ate lunch here daily. Good variety, but my favorite was probably the pasta station. This is converted to a sit down Seafood restaurant in the evening. Two of our group tried it one night and they weren’t impressed, but once again, this could be hit/miss. Steakhouse – I didn’t go to, but my group did. They were disappointed. They said the food wasn’t that good and the portions were too small. To present the other side of this, we did talk to other people who’d eaten there and they liked the restaurant a lot, so it sounded like it was hit/miss. Gourmet (didn’t try) Flavours – the buffet for breakfast/lunch/dinner near the lobby. Similar to the lunch buffet. I only ate breakfast here once. It wasn’t great, but it was suitable. I’ve had better at AI’s. It had the right stuff to be a good breakfast buffet, so hopefully it will improve. I never ate there for lunch, but the dinner buffet was decent. As with any buffet, some of it is great, some is not so great. I particularly liked the pizza, pasta and lasagna. I’m of the mindset that you don’t go to an AI for food quality and this was sufficient enough that I’m on a ‘post vacation diet’, so clearly I did not starve. BARS/DRINKS There are plenty of bars throughout the property. Not all of them are open all the time, but there is always at least one open within a short distance. The “Majestic” drink is awesome and even the Pina Colada was better than most I’ve had. They did have some premium alcohols as well, so that was a nice perk. The bartenders at the main lounge area seemed to know a wide range of different drinks which is always nice to experiment when they’re free, right? POOL The Pools are VERY nice – winding throughout the length of the property from the lobby area toward the beach. Plenty of lounge chairs and little palapas for shade. Since we were there when the hotel wasn’t at full capacity, we always had options for a quieter place to lay out or the option to be down by the activities and the swim-up beach bar. BEACH The beach is beyond beautiful. I could not ask for more. I didn’t participate in any of the free water activities, but it appeared to be open and ready for kayaking, windsurfing, etc. They rake the beach for seaweed and are out picking up trash all the time. The sand is wonderful, the water is clear, blue-green and good enough for swimming out a bit and in either direction for a while. ENTERTAINMENT We went to the Michael Jackson, magic, and Circus show and the “Night of the Stars” (Cher, Celene Dion, Janet Jackson, Britney Spears, Usher, Freddie Mercury impersonations). The staff works hard to put on a good show, and they were entertaining. Two nights we ventured to the Sports bar/Disco after the theater show and it was fun to go and dance for a little while. They have a few tv’s and a DJ that plays all kinds of dance music. It’s a small area and smoking is allowed in there. There are a lot of lounge areas that make it nice for just hanging out and drinking, talking, playing games, etc. in the evening. CONSTRUCTION One entire building was still being worked on. You could see the rooms stacked with boxed fixtures, mattresses, etc., but the ongoing work never disturbed us at all. There were random power outages, but they were always very short (less than a minute, that we know of) and most of the time we weren’t in the room anyway. Internet prices For the non-Elegance Club people, you could buy a pin number for a laptop in your room for $10 for 24 hours or the Business center was $5/30 mins. I'm not sure about the Elegance Club."

Elegance has just begun

Reviewed 19th October 2012

"There’s a lot about the Majestic Elegance (and Colonial) to like. It’s great to be able to go back and forth seamlessly between resorts and pick and choose restaurants, bars, pool bars, shows, spas, shops, disco, casino based on your whim and schedule. The distance from the lobby all the way down to the beach isn’t excessive but just about right. That means if you choose to, you can easily take your own bags to and from your room at checkout and check in. The “Animation” staff Walter and Melvin were always fun and really hilarious in their dance at the couples show, which was the biggest laugh of the week. The dance review show was very professional and entertaining. All the live bands and musicians are just wonderful but Sammy’s sax playing was magic. The beach drink service provided by Anely was amazing. What a dedicated employee. We usually ended up at the main lobby bar “Roberto’s” before closing at midnight. His years of experience from the Colonial and friendly professional touch always draw people there. As per other postings there are presently many shortcomings with the Majestic Elegance facility but virtually none with either the Colonial or Elegance staff. I would hope upper management like Jose Maria Gutierrez and Diego De Castro would agree with taking responsibility for opening too soon and forcing staff to cope as best as they can. In view of that and because of the excellent people I would return if the price was right in February 2009 at the earliest. Certainly you may get a decent room right now as some did when we were there from 29 Nov to 6 Dec 2008. But for days we waited for one as many did. As for food, the quality of the breakfast buffet is superior earlier in the morning than later. It was always nice to see George, Francisco #1, and Miriam’s smiling faces in the morning. The A La cart restaurants are quite good. We went to the 9 Doors (Japanese), Steakhouse, and Italian restaurants twice each and were quite pleased every time. The Colonial French restaurant is currently superior to the Elegance one but both are good. The Colonial French also has the best service of all restaurants in both resorts. We were greeted there by Jenny De Aza Contrera, served by Socrates, Raquel, Santo Estevez Gonzalez, Martina, and managed by Jose (Josephs) Miguel. Just an incredible team. The seafood restaurant at the beach was best for lunch because of the view of the beach and people although the main buffet had a little bit better food. Three great drinks that we really enjoyed are President beer, (bottle or draught) Mimosa (O.J. and Champagne), and Ky Paneenya (phonetic sp). When the Elegance is up to speed I could see the Colonial and Elegance tied for the #1 rating in tripadvisor.com Caribbean resorts next year."

• Travel date: 19th December 2008

It's gonna be a beautiful thing!!!!

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"My husband, myself and our six-month-old infant travelled to Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana from December1-December 8 2008. This hotel was absolutely beautiful. Considering there was still construction going on, we had a great time once our lugguage arrived 48 hours after we did. I found that the guest services staff at the Magestic Elegance not as helpful as the Majestic Colonial. We got tired of complaining to the Elegance staff about our luggage, so we went over to the Colonial Guest Services and they were right on the ball. They contacted our tour operater and someone was there within the hour to help us find our luggage. We mostly ate at the Elegance buffet. Great selection and the staff was so friendly and they took such good care of us and our little baby. Yohnny, Alfredo and Ronnie went out of there way to exede our expectations. They would always be the first to greet us when we entered the buffet, and Yohnny would always look for my favorite desert. The japanese restaurant was good, but we could not ake full advantage of all the restaurants cause we are vegetarians. The animation team was very energetic. Walter, Yan and Maria Elena always kept the crowd going!!! Yan always played beach volleyball with us and Maria Elena babysat our baby, and usually succeeded at putting her to sleep which allowed me to have some fun. The rooms were amazing. All the rooms had an indoor jacuzzi. The rooms were not completed, so water from the shower leaked into our room, but the house-keeping staff was there quickly to mop up the water. We enjoyed spending our evenings on the patio outside the Elegance buffet, listening to live music and having some chocolate milkshakes whipped up by WIlliam the bartender. Whatever drink you crave, WIlliam has an answer! All in all, this hotel wad amazing. The staff was super-friendly. Once this hotel is complete is a couple of months...it will be amazing. I'm sure I will be rating this a 5 STAR next year when we return to this resort!!!"

Excellent Vacation

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"Other posters have provided very detailed reviews so I won't bother writing redundant info. I would just like to say we went with an open mind expecting to run into a few issues after reading other reviews and also because the resort was open for only one week before our arrival. Issues during this period are typical & also the reason we were charged a low rate compared to rates we are seeing now, however... we did NOT have any problems during our 7 day stay. We met others who expressed issues with their rooms (majority seemed to be ground floor rooms) but ours was perfect, located on the second floor, reg suite, not in the Elegance Club. Service was outstanding from all staff we encountered. We enjoyed all restaurants (did not try Gourmet) and buffets. Out of all our vacations over the years this is the first time I felt the need to post a reivew. Guests during grand opening week who posted reviews expressed dissapointment and frustration but there seems to be a huge improvement in a short amount of time from what we've read and what we have seen for ourselves. We have enjoyed all of our Carribbean vacations, never returning to the same resort as we like try new properties each year but we absolutely insist on returning to ME some day. A huge thank you to the wonderful staff who went above and beyond their duty to ensure we had a wonderful vacation!! Looking forward to our next stay at ME."

Majestic Elegance is a Winner

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"If you're looking for a fabulous place to spend time with your lover, this is for you. Took my new husband to ME for his birthday. He has treated me to the Paradisus - also in PC - on several occasions but it is higher priced and not within my budget for this vacation. I made arrangements for this vacation through Bookit.com and there was not even a snag with the reservation. As a matter of fact, we were upgraded without request and the process of discovery on a new property was delightful, thanks to the very qualified, smiling staff at the Elegance Club check-in lobby. Rooms: To die for. The room is spacious, appointed well with nice touches such as wall decor, lighting, LCD TV, etc. While there are some refinements needed, they are minimal and not one of the identified needs stopped us from thoroughly enjoying our stay. We had an indoor jacuzzi and an outdoor spa on a private roof-top deck. Wow - wow again. Food: Delicious. The best beef I have even eaten in DR was at the steakhouse here and the evening meals at the Italian restaurant left me wanting more. Seafood was pretty darn good - no one can beat the Paradisus in the seafood category, however. We enjoyed the Japanese restaurant but never tried the Gourmet French. We assessed the feedback here before leaving to be accurate. The menu is limited and didn't feel the need to venture there with so many other terrific options. All of the buffet options were terrrific and I did not select one thing that wasn't tasty. Hotel grounds and beach: Fabulous. The beach was lovely, enough chairs for all and a Bali bed available by making a reservation with Elegance Club staff. Drinks were delivered to your chair - if you'd like - and the walk-up bars were close by and staffed well. Evening entertainment has not been thought through yet. Shows were fun but not of the same professional quality of other more well-established properties. Feel that they will get there. Lobby bar was wonderful and many seating areas inviting guests to mingle and meet new friends. We found ourselves there every night and always had interesting people to talk and party with. Take Off bug spray. Mosquitoes were a nuisance and definitely noticeable. Feel the property may want to fog for these pests in early evening to keep them at bay. All in all, I feel this was a risky propostion that turned out extremely well - given the newness of the establishment. Everything about it causes me to want to plan my return. While it is hard to touch the quality of an all-inclusive Paradisus experience anywhere, I feel that this experience rivaled it for about 50 percent of the investment. In two words - LOVED IT."

Fantastic!!

Reviewed 22nd December 2012

"Arrived in PC at 2:45 PM, Prieto Tours provided transfers which were pre-arranged thru Vacations To Go. Arrived at the resort at 4:30. Resort staff unloaded and tagged our luggage, notified the Elegance Club of our arrival. Within 5 minutes we had cold towels, welcome drinks and were met by our Butler Henry. Henry took us on a tour of the property and escorted us to the Elegance Club lounge for check in. Check in took less than ten minutes including the welcome briefing. We also received a DVD library list and Room Service Menu. Off to our room with Henry who had already checked our room to ensure all was well. Our luggage arrived about 5 minutes later. Rooms: We stayed in the Elegance Club Jr Suite. The rooms are fantastic, everything was provided as advertised. Along with the furnishings there was a bottle of Champagne as well as a bottle of Johnny Walker Black Label. The mini fridge was stocked with beer, soda and water. There was coffee and condiments as expected. The room itself was furnished as in the photos, king sized bed, jacuzzi, LCD TV, DVD, fantastic shower with a rainfall showerhead and three wall mounted jets, very relaxing. Everything worked when we checked in, no problems at all. The only issues we had was the alarm clock was missing the battery for backup so it blinked if the power went out and the iron stopped working after a day or so, we left a note with the maid and a new iron was in the room when we got in that day. The finish work in the room needed a little attention (such as touch up paint etc, you can tell that they had to hurry to finish, but I'm sure they'll get to it when time allows. Restaurants and Bars: We ate at several A La Carte restaraunts and visited all bars. Where to start? The food was VERY good overall. There was one restaurant closed(rotating) each night due to the occupancy rate. Sea & See: Seafood for Dinner. We had Lobster, Salmon, and Shrimp entrees, all were great, appetisers we enjoyed were Octopus, Lobster Bisque and Cream Clam Soup, again fantastic. Dessert bar was tasty but not great. We had Brandy, Amaretto and coffee. Lunch buffet at Sea & See was extremely good, selections from pizza, pasta bar(cooked to order), big salad and sandwich bar, cooked to order burgers, hot dogs, steak and fish. The Paella was delicious as well as hot chicken and beef dishes. Italian: For lunch we had Seafood Risotto, Gnochi with red sauce, veal carpaccio, procuitto with melon, capresse salad and Lasagne. For dinner, Veal Saltimboca, Eggplant parm and veal parm, as well as misc pasta. The food in the Italian ranged from phemominal to good, they are still getting consistent, we never had anything we didn't like, never had room for dessert. Gourmet: This is where they need some work, fixed menu, we went twice and the meals were the same. also, the food was not as good as the other restataunts. Wine list is at a supplemental payment. At this point I do not recommend the Gourmet. Steak house: Steak melts in your mouth and was cooked to perfection. We had The Cowboy Steak, Chateaubriand, and Ribs. Plenty of sides to choose from. Breakfast Buffet: Fantastic selection, eggs cooked to order, Pre-cooked omelettes, fried and scrambled egge for those in a hurry. Plenty of bacon, sausage, fresh fruits, cereal, juices, smoothies, breads, yogurts, pancakes etc. We also ate a la carte breakfast at the Italian which was very good. We also had continental breakfast in the Elegance Club Lounge, Espresso machine, sweet rolls, cold meats/cheeses and juice. Room Service: We ordered Burgers and Champagne twice as well as cocktails. Burgers were great and all was delivered in a timely manner. Lobby bars have the best selection of premium liquors, see Manuel, he'll take great care of you. All bars are open and running, the bartenders and servers will take care of you. The restaurant staff goes way out of thier way to give you the best service possible. They are truly professional and really want you to enjoy yourself. Some are new to this profession, so please be patient while they get some experience, I believe they know their jobs but are a little nervous due to rude guests mistreating them. Beach/Pools/Grounds: Beach: We walked on the beach most days, the Elegance beach is nicer than surrounding resort beaches. We heard of guests on the beach from other resorts asking about the Elegance because it's so nice. Plenty of Loungers and palapas. Server to bring your drinks, bar nearby if you want to hang out. Elegance Club pool: We had a Bali bed all day every day, pool is beautiful, talk about being spoiled, water was perfect. Main Pool: great pool, more loungers than people, great bar and bartenders. Grounds: Groundskeepers everywhere working for perfection, it'll take a little while for vegetation to grow, and every detail to be perfect but they're at it constantly. Still some lighting, speakers etc to be installed, but they make great progress everyday. Activities on and off the Resort/Hotel: The animation teams were at it at the pool and beach, we are loungers, but those involved seemed to be having a great time. We went to the Casino and Disco at the Colonial and enjoyed ourselves, they could use a good cleaning but were passable. My wife had a massage at the Colonial spa and loved it. Both the Elegance and Colonial have nightly shows. The Elegance has live music outdoors each evening weather permitting. We did not do any excursions outside of the property. Other Comments: We were a little nervous going in due to the negative reviews (which were true from what we were told while we were there) but all was fixed/adjusted as far as we felt. Any new operation will have problems when it opens. The staff is no less than phenominal, we were treated like royalty. They strive to enhance your stay as time goes on, I just can't say enough about them. The resort is beautiful and will be better and better as the days go by. There was a little bit of noise from the workers, but they have to get it all done. The ongoing work didn't bother us. If you stay in the Elegance Club and Henry is your butler you will be amazed how he works to make your stay perfect."

• Travel date: 16th December 2008

Peace of Mind

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"After carefully reading all the reviews which all have a valid point, I have decided to write my based upon my staying there during and after the openning, here is my summary: a. The Resort was not ready for openning on Friday 21, November 2008, however the staff from the owners (Rosita y Don Jaime), the General Manager Jose Maria to the young lady at the beach bar-Elegance Club (Jackelyn) did everything possible to exceed customers sastifaction under austere conditions. b. The Resort should be 100% completed by January 2009, and when this is done this Resort would not have anything to envy to the Paradissus Palm Real nor the Excellence, which are very very expensive compare with this one. c. The Resort is beautiful in all the sense of the word with few touches "pinceladas as defined and conveyed to the customers by the General Manager all the way down to Roberto, Francis, Natividad, and Anibal). d. Services- there are not words to describe it. The smile, courtesy, and demeanor of all the staff employees are without a doubt the highest in the industry, this is indicative of the leadership and professionalims of Mr. Gutierrez . e. The Food was great in every restaurant I visited from the Botacio, el Asadito, Gourmet, French, Japanes, and the others (personally would like to recognize the midnight place where you could get a Burger, Hotdog, Fries, and all sort of drinks). f. In summary, after all the pinceladas are completed this Resort will be one the FINEST in the area and for the price, luxury, and service it will be a very strong competitive for many years to come. As previously stated to the many friends (Canadians, British, Americans) that I met during my 7 days vacation, many times people paid for a shrimp and a glass of a Cook Champagne and expect an Alaskan Lobster and a glass of Don Perrignon (you get what you paid for). I will strongly recommend this Resort to anyone, as of matter of fact my family and about 100 people are returning on June for a wedding. Carlos Something worth mentioning, one morning I went to the main lobby bar and ordered a Presidente beer, minutes later a young girl from New Jersey (Nadine 4 years old) climbed on to the high chair and sat beside me. She ordered a Pina Colada, I asked her if she likes the Resort, her response back to me was it is gorgeous."

• Travel date: 16th December 2008

The Devil is in the Details

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"This was our first and last trip to this resort. While the rooms and the resort are beautiful from a distance, little thought and effort has gone into the details. We had problems with our room from the moment we got there. There were holes in the ceiling, the sliding glass door to the deck would not lock, the light switches fell off the wall when you pushed them and our favorite, the ENTIRE room flooded when you took a shower. We asked twice a day for four days to get things repaired and they always assured us someone would be right there. We saw one maintainance man the entire time and after agreeing to fix some of the problems, he disappeared, never to be seen again. We finally gave up trying. Our elevator did not go to the ground floor and our friend's elevator smelled like sewage. Outside of the Japanese restaurant and the steak house (which we enjoyed), the food was bad. Everything on the buffet was cold, and all of the sides we ordered al carte always came out cold. It was even hard to find a hot cup of coffee. The amenities are far from done. There is no spa, water sports are currently non- existent and there was no signage anywhere to tell you where things were. On a positive note, the pools were great, the beach was clean, the drinks were plentiful and the staff extremely friendly. The gym was also one of the nicest we have seen at any resort. This place has incredible potential, but they are far from realizing it."

• Travel date: 15th December 2008

Hotels near Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

Majestic Elegance Punta Cana is also called

• Playa Bavaro
  • majestic elegance hotel punta cana
  • punta cana majestic elegance