Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana

Boulevard Turistico del Este Km 28 No 74, Bavaro, Punta Cana Dominican Republic

19910

Will Never Go Back

Reviewed Fri 5th of April 2013

"Just got back from Hard Rock in Punta Cana, got a great deal @ 430 @ night with supposedly $200 A day credit toward Spa, Casino, Golf. Never got the credit . Was put into a room that had 2 queens when I booked a King, was told the resort was full and they couldn't do anything about it. Service at the resteraunts was terrible in 60% of the places they had. Wouldn't give you more than 1 washcloth per room. I could go on and on put have stayed inlot nicer for a lot less"

• Travel date: Fri 4th of February 2011

Can't wait to go back! Best trip!

Reviewed Sun 7th of April 2013

"I have to say that I was sooo nervous about staying at The Hard Rockafter reading all the reviews. Stop worrying!! This was the best trip. The pools are amazing some with activities others without so if you want to relax you can. The beach is beautiful with bars right on the beach. We took a painting class on the beach. People who were staying there are awesome. Our room was beautiful and our maid service was great. Saturday the service was a little later then usual but that is a change over day. the food was really good just not great. but there were some great meals. I have to say the beds and pillows were amazing. The staff is there at all times. The spa was great and so was the gym. Let this be the last review you read and just enjoy your time. I can't wait to go back!!!"

Really Enjoyed It

Reviewed Mon 1st of April 2013

"This trip was a bit different then the many AI I have been to. No nightly shows etc. and a little boring at night, but some really good things. Like being in Las Vegas, very american.

The beach and waves are great and a lot of fun. Obviosly you have to pay attention so you dont get smacked but a lot of fun in the waves. Not very rough if you have been to real surf beaches. Lots of palapas on the beach and servers. I find no waves very boring.

Golf was great and with the Free dollars we golfed for free. I have never been to a golf course that included unlimited drinks (and food). It was great. There were 8 of us golfing, six times.

The disco isnt built yet and the make shift disco was kind of small and crowded, plus not a lot of single people, other then big groups that we saw.

Restaurants were very good and we just made reservations that day or showed up. It all worked out pretty good. Service was very good and quality drinks and wine.

The arrival was brutal as we all got king sized beds and not doubles as requested. A real headache to fix as we were getting the run around at 1 a.m.. Rooms were pretty nice and room service was great.

All in all great place, but next time I will bring a date who golfs. The price with the included golf was well worth it."

Amazing

Reviewed Tue 2nd of April 2013

"The service and facilities were fantastic.
The entertainment staff are a lot of fun and go out of there way to accomodate.
The choice of restaurants is unbelievable and the food was excellent.
Best beach in the Dominican.
Great time!"

An amazing time!!

Reviewed Fri 29th of March 2013

"This is our second year to the Palace Resort in Punta Cana (now Hard Rock Hotel) and we still love it! Excellent service and beautiful rooms! Great restaurants and an amazing spa. Lots happening this week because it was the grand opening of the Hard Rock, but the service was still superb! Adalgisa at the hair salon, Elpidio and Caster at Pizzeto Restaurant, and Juan and Rudy at the Casino's Sports Bar made our stay truly enjoyable!
Adalgisa- thanks for keeping my hair beautiful!
Elpidio- thanks for preparing our special meals last year and again this past week! We can't wait to see what you'll prepare for us next year!
Caster- thanks for the delicious pizza!
Juan- Michael truly enjoyed the Spanish lessons, the Presidente Light,and of course the mama juanas!
Rudy- thanks for our late night drinks!
Let's not forget the excellent service from the maitre d' Enrique and our waiter Daniel during our romantic canddlelit dinner.
I hope to see you all next year!"

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of February 2011

Great spa, nice servers, but over priced

Reviewed Sat 30th of March 2013

"This was our first trop to the DR, and we found the Hard Rock somewhat disappointing overall. First, expect a VERY long wait at check-in. Everyone experiences quite a delay at this hotel when checking-in with really no explanations. The hotel does bring waiting guests drinks and chips and salsa for the wait.

Our room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable - similar to a Marriott property. The resort is quite beautiful, but not very clean. It is an extremely large property, over a mile and a half around the perimeter, and needs additional staff to keep it maintained. Most building have broken tiles, mildew on the landscaping rocks, and over grown shrubs. There were a few ants and some flies, but overall not too many bugs. The showers are expansive, large enough for about 10 people, but the glass wall and door are not properly fitted so water leaks onto the bathroom floor.

We found the food above average for an all-inclusive. I would recommend the Ciao buffet, and the Italian restaurant which has awesome brick oven pizza. Take advantage of the ice cream, which offers at least a dozen flavors.

There are 14 gorgeous pools, including a childrens water park and lazy river. The lazy river was fun, but there are only five inflatable rings, so there is always a wait. My favorite pool is in the Isla area. Jenny is the most phenominal waitress you'll have in the DR. If you need anything - food, ice cream, drinks - she'll get it for you with a smile and she'll remember your name all week! Stay at the pools or just walk on the beach because the sea water is EXTREMELY dangerous. Several people had to be rescued during our visit and one of them was in GRAVE danger. There are life guards, but the surf is ferocious and I cannot stress enough how life-threatening it is at this propertly to swim in the sea.

We found Rock Spa to be the best ever. Arrive one hour before your treatment so that you can fully experience the hydrotherapy. It's worth it! The mud room is not to be missed, but wear a bathing suit that you don't mind getting dirty, or plan to go in the buff. The couples massage is romantic and relaxing.

Be prepared for the language barrier by learning a few Spanish words and phrases before your trip. Most servers don't speak much English at all - a few speak French, but overall there is a disconnect.

There is little to no shopping at this resort. We did enjoy the Casino one night and danced in the Moon Lounge until 2am, but other nights there was no entertainment. There is a rock wall and a few bikes, but most of the bikes need some repair (flat tires, no brakes). The putt putt course is large and well kept, but I only saw three putters total.

Our trip was enjoyable, but we did have to overlook a few things at this resort. I would return if the price was right, but might look to other area resorts first that offer more to their guests and take better care of their grounds."

Hard Rock is Hardly Ready

Reviewed Sat 6th of April 2013

"Despite the glamorous appeal of a star-studded grand opening and all that it implies the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Punta Cana (in the Dominican Republic) is not ready for "prime time." For the seasoned traveler accustomed to the superior experience offered by Palace Resorts and its Mexican properties, the Hard Rock is a disappointment and tarnishes both international corporate brands.

The general staff at Hard Rock is extremely courteous... you are always greeted with a smile and an ¡Hola! regardless of the greeter's official duty. The operation of this resort (and those who manage it) is of grave concern. Their comprehension of what is usually a superior service model is lacking and membership does "not" have its rewards. For example, Palace Resorts Premier members are offered an express check-in as part of their pre-paid membership package. Upon our arrival, having already waited more than 30 minutes for the complimentary bus transfer to the resort, approximately 20-25 couples were placed into a lounge with a single employee to "express" register them. Forty five minutes later, we were escorted to our "concierge level" room which lacked half of it's amenities. The room was also inappropriately located per the confirmed reservation (indicating the sales team in Miami is not fully-acquainted with the property). Other examples of the resort’s deficiencies include bland-tasting foods, non-appearing activity instructors and porters, lack of materials required to conduct activities, and poorly-maintained public restroom facilities by the resort’s fantastic pools. Communication within the resort structure is poor. As another disenchanted member explained to me, “If you order sushi you may get ice skates.”

In Hard Rock's defense, certain individuals did make exceptional efforts to correct bad situations and all are apologetic, but seriously, how many times can you hear "I'm sorry" before it means "nada." Thank you Jonathan. This property also features one of the largest and most serene spa’s I have ever experienced. The casino is extremely well run albeit very smoky.

This is a huge property hastily prepared for it's grand opening. Better planning and management would have altered the experience. It's a great place for many business/convention style bookings but the customer experience overall leaves little to be desired. For Palace Resort members who are accustomed to a five-star experience, this property needs to mature…stick to the proven Mexican venues."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of February 2011

I expected much more . . . not 5 star in my books.

Reviewed Wed 3rd of April 2013

"We had 13 nites here and I have to admit I am disappointed. The room is very nice, the beds comfy and the stafff are exceptional. I worked as a hotel maid for many years in Victoria, BC and I would have been fired if we had forgotten to leave soap, toilet paper, lotion etc... three days in a row, our room was not gotten to until after 3 each day (siesta time) I don't blame this on the staff, I imagine that they are working as hard as they can, but maybe hire some more workers? We finally called down to the desk and they sent stuff up a few hours later.
The beach is beautiful to look at, but I was surprised at how rough the surf was, If you have a bad knee or problem with balance I would not recommend going into the water. I would not take small children in it. There is no snorkling at all. That is what I was looking forward to the most.
The resort is huge, the restaurants are wonderful, there are more than enough pools. There is not much for shopping and the prices are very inflated. The casino is boring (I am not a casino person so take it with a grain of salt, I expected glitz and glam.) The spa was okay, but not much for hydrotherapy, staff was wonderful though. I found out while we were here that the resort had their grand opening, that's funny I was here and didn't even know, I saw it online! The place is so exceptionally huge that it is hard to stay connected in anyway to what is going on. I do not follow celebrities so we didn't come here for that, but we at least thought it would be different from other hotels, not much, a few pictures, a piano or two, some clothes, guitars and two cars. Where were the big parties, music etc...? I did see many "private functions" that were blocked off. This resort has a 5 star price but in my mind is only a 3 star resort. I would not recommend it to any of my family or friends, I much preferred our last vacation in Mexico and will definately never book at a Hard Rock Hotel again, too much hype about the name and they don't back it up. I don't mind paying 5 star service but had better get 5 star service."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of February 2011

Beautiful resort but still many kinks to work out

Reviewed Thu 4th of April 2013

"This was our second visit to the Dominican, the first being at the Iberostar Grand when it first opened two years ago so we had high expectations. Unfortunately, the Hard Rock did not live up to our expectations for a variety of reasons. It started with the check in process, we purchased the Concierge Level upgrade which is totally not worth the money. They promised us a separate check in area and upgraded amenities. Instead, we got the same long line as everyone else to check in and the same room as friends who hadn't purchased the upgrade. The bell boys have a difficult time keeping track of all the luggage but we did manage to get our luggage very soon after we found our room. Despite asking several times how to get to our room (each time with a different answer) we decided to walk and see the resort at the same time.

The resort itself is beautiful, the rooms are clean, despite a few pesky ants, the shower is amazing. We had a leaky sink which never did get repaired so my husband managed to get it aligned so that it didn't leak as much. . There are many restaurants to chose from, Toro (steakhouse) and Zen (japanese) were my favorites. The brick over pizza and ice cream place were also very good. Breakfast was an experience, the 'Marketplace' in the main building and breakfast at 'Toro' were generally very good. However, breakfast at Isla restaurant was horrible. Service was non existant and one morning we had to point out to the manager that the cheese platters had been infested by bugs. Instead of apologizing, they simply said "yes you are right" and brough the chef out to pick up one of the plates. We joked that 'Isla' was the last chance restaurant where all bad waiters were sent!

The pools were beautiful and refreshing. Our favorite was in front of the Isla restaurant and our waitress Jenny took great care of us. The lazy river was also enjoyable and a good way to spend an hour. The beach is beautiful but the water is very rough and we heard about more than a few people who got in to trouble and had to be rescued.

The spa is one of the nicest I've ever seen and the massage was fantastic. The only issue we had was with the process to get you to your treatment. Just like in any other Dominican resort they put so many steps in to the process that it takes as long to check in to the spa as it does for the treatment. Be sure to arrive 30 min early or they'll tell you that you are late despite it taking 20 min to get through the check in process.

Language is also a big issue at this resort. I've been to many Spanish speaking countries and have never had an issue before. I speak some basic Spanish which is fine until you have a problem which needs to be resolved and they don't understand the issue or how to help you fix it. We asked our pool waitresss and she said they were all taking English lessons which should help them in the future. In the meantime, be prepared to get frustrated if you speak no Spanish at all.

Entertainment was nearly non existent which we didn't mind but many people were complaining about. There was a band in the Moon Lounge on certain nights but they didn't start until 11pm which was too late for most people. This was the grand opening week and until the last night of our trip, we received no information about any of the events happening around the resort. We asked staff in multiple locations; pools, lobby, restaurants etc and no one seemed to be informed about what was happening.

Finally, the day we checked out we called to have someone help us with our luggage. After 40 minutes of not having anyone show up, we decided to walk our own luggage up to the front lobby or risk missing our bus to the aiport.

Overall, we enjoyed our trip because we refused to let anything deter us from having a good time but it is not a resort I would ever return to. It is definitely not a 5 star as they claimed to be when we booked it."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of February 2011

Nice hotel with a great staff

Reviewed Sun 31st of March 2013

"My husband and I enjoyed our stay here. There are many different types of restaurants to choose from each day. The food was good, not excellent. The fruit was excellent, however. There was a wide variety of clothing seen at the restaurants at night. Anywhere from men with a muscle shirt to a button down shirt. The staff was so friendly and I enjoyed using what little Spanish I know. A few waiters helped me out with my pronunciation. I wish there was a list of beach and pool activities that was published each week. We happened to walk by a painting class on the beach the first day. I thought it sounded fun so we spent two hours painting. The instructor was very helpful and friendly when we saw him throughout the rest of the week. We loved that we were able to call the U.S. for free from our room and we had free wi-fi in our room. The ocean on this beach was pretty rough so there are no water sports available. There was karaoke, live music, pool tables and a casino for evening activities."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of January 2011

Moon Palace Resort - beautiful!

Reviewed Thu 14th of February 2013

"Just got back from staying at the Moon Palace Resort for almost a whole week. The resort had only been opened for almost two weeks, so there were many things trying to get finished. If anyone can wait until at least April to visit this resort, you will get many of the great features that this property will have to offer. When complete this will be the only place you will want to stay in the DR! Most resorts say they are all-inclusive, but there are other expenses. This resort includes the wireless internet, bar in room, free local long distance to the states. Also the food here is much better quality than most all-inclusives. They can even put together small private dinners for groups at no extra expense.

When I arrived, there was only two pools open. When I left there was water in 9 pools, and eventually will be 13. They are working very quickly. The fitness center is going to be HUGE, size of one that you would join on your own. Also the spa is marvelous when complete, also huge. Many things were still under construction, however, I was really impressed and still would rather stay there than the other locations. Because of the inconveniences, they were giving out free massages, pedicures, manicures and hair braiding. Can't wait to go back when it is complete with my family. The rooms are very upscale & modern."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of February 2009

Go somewhere else

Reviewed Tue 12th of February 2013

"I am so disgusted that this resort was even open to the public. It should not have been open for another 8 months. The whole place smelled like paint. The first room they gave us was unfinished, we had to wait 1 hour for another room. All the restaurants, except for 1 looked like cafeterias. They did not have enough tables so we often ended up eating meals with other travelers. The food was nothing special. Got sick from the food wound up in the hospital for four days. The 24 hour room service only served salads after 10pm. Only 3 pools were open, 2 had chairs but not enough so people were left standing. Shuttles for the casino left far too late and the casino they send you to was awful. There was no nightlife or anything entertaining. They had a show in the lobby everynight from 9-10. Again people were left standing. There were a few activities to do during the day like 1 volleyball net or yoga by the pool.. not too exciting for me. The front desk has no clue what they are doing while the servers were very pleasant! The beach has red flags up everyday. The water is very, very rough. This trip was not what I expected when I booked and if I wernt so mislead into thinking this resort was going to be wonderful I would never have booked it in the first place."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of February 2009

Hotels near Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana

Stayed at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana? Share your insight.

Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana is also called