Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana

Boulevard Turistico del Este Km 28 No 74, Bavaro, Punta Cana Dominican Republic

19746
Good

Can't wait to go back! Best trip!

Reviewed Sun 7th of April 2013

"I have to say that I was sooo nervous about staying at The Hard Rockafter reading all the reviews. Stop worrying!! This was the best trip. The pools are amazing some with activities others without so if you want to relax you can. The beach is beautiful with bars right on the beach. We took a painting class on the beach. People who were staying there are awesome. Our room was beautiful and our maid service was great. Saturday the service was a little later then usual but that is a change over day. the food was really good just not great. but there were some great meals. I have to say the beds and pillows were amazing. The staff is there at all times. The spa was great and so was the gym. Let this be the last review you read and just enjoy your time. I can't wait to go back!!!"

Really Enjoyed It

Reviewed Mon 1st of April 2013

"This trip was a bit different then the many AI I have been to. No nightly shows etc. and a little boring at night, but some really good things. Like being in Las Vegas, very american.

The beach and waves are great and a lot of fun. Obviosly you have to pay attention so you dont get smacked but a lot of fun in the waves. Not very rough if you have been to real surf beaches. Lots of palapas on the beach and servers. I find no waves very boring.

Golf was great and with the Free dollars we golfed for free. I have never been to a golf course that included unlimited drinks (and food). It was great. There were 8 of us golfing, six times.

The disco isnt built yet and the make shift disco was kind of small and crowded, plus not a lot of single people, other then big groups that we saw.

Restaurants were very good and we just made reservations that day or showed up. It all worked out pretty good. Service was very good and quality drinks and wine.

The arrival was brutal as we all got king sized beds and not doubles as requested. A real headache to fix as we were getting the run around at 1 a.m.. Rooms were pretty nice and room service was great.

All in all great place, but next time I will bring a date who golfs. The price with the included golf was well worth it."

Amazing

Reviewed Tue 2nd of April 2013

"The service and facilities were fantastic.
The entertainment staff are a lot of fun and go out of there way to accomodate.
The choice of restaurants is unbelievable and the food was excellent.
Best beach in the Dominican.
Great time!"

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of February 2011

Great spa, nice servers, but over priced

Reviewed Sat 30th of March 2013

"This was our first trop to the DR, and we found the Hard Rock somewhat disappointing overall. First, expect a VERY long wait at check-in. Everyone experiences quite a delay at this hotel when checking-in with really no explanations. The hotel does bring waiting guests drinks and chips and salsa for the wait.

Our room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable - similar to a Marriott property. The resort is quite beautiful, but not very clean. It is an extremely large property, over a mile and a half around the perimeter, and needs additional staff to keep it maintained. Most building have broken tiles, mildew on the landscaping rocks, and over grown shrubs. There were a few ants and some flies, but overall not too many bugs. The showers are expansive, large enough for about 10 people, but the glass wall and door are not properly fitted so water leaks onto the bathroom floor.

We found the food above average for an all-inclusive. I would recommend the Ciao buffet, and the Italian restaurant which has awesome brick oven pizza. Take advantage of the ice cream, which offers at least a dozen flavors.

There are 14 gorgeous pools, including a childrens water park and lazy river. The lazy river was fun, but there are only five inflatable rings, so there is always a wait. My favorite pool is in the Isla area. Jenny is the most phenominal waitress you'll have in the DR. If you need anything - food, ice cream, drinks - she'll get it for you with a smile and she'll remember your name all week! Stay at the pools or just walk on the beach because the sea water is EXTREMELY dangerous. Several people had to be rescued during our visit and one of them was in GRAVE danger. There are life guards, but the surf is ferocious and I cannot stress enough how life-threatening it is at this propertly to swim in the sea.

We found Rock Spa to be the best ever. Arrive one hour before your treatment so that you can fully experience the hydrotherapy. It's worth it! The mud room is not to be missed, but wear a bathing suit that you don't mind getting dirty, or plan to go in the buff. The couples massage is romantic and relaxing.

Be prepared for the language barrier by learning a few Spanish words and phrases before your trip. Most servers don't speak much English at all - a few speak French, but overall there is a disconnect.

There is little to no shopping at this resort. We did enjoy the Casino one night and danced in the Moon Lounge until 2am, but other nights there was no entertainment. There is a rock wall and a few bikes, but most of the bikes need some repair (flat tires, no brakes). The putt putt course is large and well kept, but I only saw three putters total.

Our trip was enjoyable, but we did have to overlook a few things at this resort. I would return if the price was right, but might look to other area resorts first that offer more to their guests and take better care of their grounds."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of February 2011

I expected much more . . . not 5 star in my books.

Reviewed Wed 3rd of April 2013

"We had 13 nites here and I have to admit I am disappointed. The room is very nice, the beds comfy and the stafff are exceptional. I worked as a hotel maid for many years in Victoria, BC and I would have been fired if we had forgotten to leave soap, toilet paper, lotion etc... three days in a row, our room was not gotten to until after 3 each day (siesta time) I don't blame this on the staff, I imagine that they are working as hard as they can, but maybe hire some more workers? We finally called down to the desk and they sent stuff up a few hours later.
The beach is beautiful to look at, but I was surprised at how rough the surf was, If you have a bad knee or problem with balance I would not recommend going into the water. I would not take small children in it. There is no snorkling at all. That is what I was looking forward to the most.
The resort is huge, the restaurants are wonderful, there are more than enough pools. There is not much for shopping and the prices are very inflated. The casino is boring (I am not a casino person so take it with a grain of salt, I expected glitz and glam.) The spa was okay, but not much for hydrotherapy, staff was wonderful though. I found out while we were here that the resort had their grand opening, that's funny I was here and didn't even know, I saw it online! The place is so exceptionally huge that it is hard to stay connected in anyway to what is going on. I do not follow celebrities so we didn't come here for that, but we at least thought it would be different from other hotels, not much, a few pictures, a piano or two, some clothes, guitars and two cars. Where were the big parties, music etc...? I did see many "private functions" that were blocked off. This resort has a 5 star price but in my mind is only a 3 star resort. I would not recommend it to any of my family or friends, I much preferred our last vacation in Mexico and will definately never book at a Hard Rock Hotel again, too much hype about the name and they don't back it up. I don't mind paying 5 star service but had better get 5 star service."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of February 2011

Beautiful resort but still many kinks to work out

Reviewed Thu 4th of April 2013

"This was our second visit to the Dominican, the first being at the Iberostar Grand when it first opened two years ago so we had high expectations. Unfortunately, the Hard Rock did not live up to our expectations for a variety of reasons. It started with the check in process, we purchased the Concierge Level upgrade which is totally not worth the money. They promised us a separate check in area and upgraded amenities. Instead, we got the same long line as everyone else to check in and the same room as friends who hadn't purchased the upgrade. The bell boys have a difficult time keeping track of all the luggage but we did manage to get our luggage very soon after we found our room. Despite asking several times how to get to our room (each time with a different answer) we decided to walk and see the resort at the same time.

The resort itself is beautiful, the rooms are clean, despite a few pesky ants, the shower is amazing. We had a leaky sink which never did get repaired so my husband managed to get it aligned so that it didn't leak as much. . There are many restaurants to chose from, Toro (steakhouse) and Zen (japanese) were my favorites. The brick over pizza and ice cream place were also very good. Breakfast was an experience, the 'Marketplace' in the main building and breakfast at 'Toro' were generally very good. However, breakfast at Isla restaurant was horrible. Service was non existant and one morning we had to point out to the manager that the cheese platters had been infested by bugs. Instead of apologizing, they simply said "yes you are right" and brough the chef out to pick up one of the plates. We joked that 'Isla' was the last chance restaurant where all bad waiters were sent!

The pools were beautiful and refreshing. Our favorite was in front of the Isla restaurant and our waitress Jenny took great care of us. The lazy river was also enjoyable and a good way to spend an hour. The beach is beautiful but the water is very rough and we heard about more than a few people who got in to trouble and had to be rescued.

The spa is one of the nicest I've ever seen and the massage was fantastic. The only issue we had was with the process to get you to your treatment. Just like in any other Dominican resort they put so many steps in to the process that it takes as long to check in to the spa as it does for the treatment. Be sure to arrive 30 min early or they'll tell you that you are late despite it taking 20 min to get through the check in process.

Language is also a big issue at this resort. I've been to many Spanish speaking countries and have never had an issue before. I speak some basic Spanish which is fine until you have a problem which needs to be resolved and they don't understand the issue or how to help you fix it. We asked our pool waitresss and she said they were all taking English lessons which should help them in the future. In the meantime, be prepared to get frustrated if you speak no Spanish at all.

Entertainment was nearly non existent which we didn't mind but many people were complaining about. There was a band in the Moon Lounge on certain nights but they didn't start until 11pm which was too late for most people. This was the grand opening week and until the last night of our trip, we received no information about any of the events happening around the resort. We asked staff in multiple locations; pools, lobby, restaurants etc and no one seemed to be informed about what was happening.

Finally, the day we checked out we called to have someone help us with our luggage. After 40 minutes of not having anyone show up, we decided to walk our own luggage up to the front lobby or risk missing our bus to the aiport.

Overall, we enjoyed our trip because we refused to let anything deter us from having a good time but it is not a resort I would ever return to. It is definitely not a 5 star as they claimed to be when we booked it."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of February 2011

Will Never Go Back

Reviewed Fri 5th of April 2013

"Just got back from Hard Rock in Punta Cana, got a great deal @ 430 @ night with supposedly $200 A day credit toward Spa, Casino, Golf. Never got the credit . Was put into a room that had 2 queens when I booked a King, was told the resort was full and they couldn't do anything about it. Service at the resteraunts was terrible in 60% of the places they had. Wouldn't give you more than 1 washcloth per room. I could go on and on put have stayed inlot nicer for a lot less"

An amazing time!!

Reviewed Fri 29th of March 2013

"This is our second year to the Palace Resort in Punta Cana (now Hard Rock Hotel) and we still love it! Excellent service and beautiful rooms! Great restaurants and an amazing spa. Lots happening this week because it was the grand opening of the Hard Rock, but the service was still superb! Adalgisa at the hair salon, Elpidio and Caster at Pizzeto Restaurant, and Juan and Rudy at the Casino's Sports Bar made our stay truly enjoyable!
Adalgisa- thanks for keeping my hair beautiful!
Elpidio- thanks for preparing our special meals last year and again this past week! We can't wait to see what you'll prepare for us next year!
Caster- thanks for the delicious pizza!
Juan- Michael truly enjoyed the Spanish lessons, the Presidente Light,and of course the mama juanas!
Rudy- thanks for our late night drinks!
Let's not forget the excellent service from the maitre d' Enrique and our waiter Daniel during our romantic canddlelit dinner.
I hope to see you all next year!"

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of February 2011

Nice hotel with a great staff

Reviewed Sun 31st of March 2013

"My husband and I enjoyed our stay here. There are many different types of restaurants to choose from each day. The food was good, not excellent. The fruit was excellent, however. There was a wide variety of clothing seen at the restaurants at night. Anywhere from men with a muscle shirt to a button down shirt. The staff was so friendly and I enjoyed using what little Spanish I know. A few waiters helped me out with my pronunciation. I wish there was a list of beach and pool activities that was published each week. We happened to walk by a painting class on the beach the first day. I thought it sounded fun so we spent two hours painting. The instructor was very helpful and friendly when we saw him throughout the rest of the week. We loved that we were able to call the U.S. for free from our room and we had free wi-fi in our room. The ocean on this beach was pretty rough so there are no water sports available. There was karaoke, live music, pool tables and a casino for evening activities."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of January 2011

Hard Rock is Hardly Ready

Reviewed Sat 6th of April 2013

"Despite the glamorous appeal of a star-studded grand opening and all that it implies the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Punta Cana (in the Dominican Republic) is not ready for "prime time." For the seasoned traveler accustomed to the superior experience offered by Palace Resorts and its Mexican properties, the Hard Rock is a disappointment and tarnishes both international corporate brands.

The general staff at Hard Rock is extremely courteous... you are always greeted with a smile and an ¡Hola! regardless of the greeter's official duty. The operation of this resort (and those who manage it) is of grave concern. Their comprehension of what is usually a superior service model is lacking and membership does "not" have its rewards. For example, Palace Resorts Premier members are offered an express check-in as part of their pre-paid membership package. Upon our arrival, having already waited more than 30 minutes for the complimentary bus transfer to the resort, approximately 20-25 couples were placed into a lounge with a single employee to "express" register them. Forty five minutes later, we were escorted to our "concierge level" room which lacked half of it's amenities. The room was also inappropriately located per the confirmed reservation (indicating the sales team in Miami is not fully-acquainted with the property). Other examples of the resort’s deficiencies include bland-tasting foods, non-appearing activity instructors and porters, lack of materials required to conduct activities, and poorly-maintained public restroom facilities by the resort’s fantastic pools. Communication within the resort structure is poor. As another disenchanted member explained to me, “If you order sushi you may get ice skates.”

In Hard Rock's defense, certain individuals did make exceptional efforts to correct bad situations and all are apologetic, but seriously, how many times can you hear "I'm sorry" before it means "nada." Thank you Jonathan. This property also features one of the largest and most serene spa’s I have ever experienced. The casino is extremely well run albeit very smoky.

This is a huge property hastily prepared for it's grand opening. Better planning and management would have altered the experience. It's a great place for many business/convention style bookings but the customer experience overall leaves little to be desired. For Palace Resort members who are accustomed to a five-star experience, this property needs to mature…stick to the proven Mexican venues."

Go somewhere else

Reviewed Tue 12th of February 2013

"I am so disgusted that this resort was even open to the public. It should not have been open for another 8 months. The whole place smelled like paint. The first room they gave us was unfinished, we had to wait 1 hour for another room. All the restaurants, except for 1 looked like cafeterias. They did not have enough tables so we often ended up eating meals with other travelers. The food was nothing special. Got sick from the food wound up in the hospital for four days. The 24 hour room service only served salads after 10pm. Only 3 pools were open, 2 had chairs but not enough so people were left standing. Shuttles for the casino left far too late and the casino they send you to was awful. There was no nightlife or anything entertaining. They had a show in the lobby everynight from 9-10. Again people were left standing. There were a few activities to do during the day like 1 volleyball net or yoga by the pool.. not too exciting for me. The front desk has no clue what they are doing while the servers were very pleasant! The beach has red flags up everyday. The water is very, very rough. This trip was not what I expected when I booked and if I wernt so mislead into thinking this resort was going to be wonderful I would never have booked it in the first place."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of February 2009

Not good.....but will be!!

Reviewed Mon 11th of February 2013

"I will try and give as detailed a review as possible to give people wanting to visit in the near future an idea of what it is like. My fiance and I arrived at about 5pm on Monday 26th January and stayed for a week until Monday 2nd February. As background we are Palace members and have previously stayed at Aventura Spa Palace in Mexico.

AIRPORT TRANSFER
After we had collected our bags and headed for the front door at the airport we immediately spotted a man with a board with the Palace Resorts logo, we gave him our airport transfer document and he took us straight to a van, turned on the air conditioning for us and then left to look for another couple that were also travelling. He returned within 5 minutes and said he did not want to keep us waiting so would take us then and another van would take the other couple. We were very happy about this and sat back and enjoyed the rather bumpy 25 minute drive to Moon Palace. On arrival at the gates we were rather shocked by the actual state of the grounds and the amount of work ongoing, however we were aware of this before we arrived so we were not too worried. We spoke to people that had been told all along that the only things that were not open were the spa and casino so you can imagine their shock as they drove in!!

CHECK IN
At check in I was presented with a flower and we were given a drink. We were then given a certificate that entitled us to a free week at any Palace resort valid until 2011, which I thought was a great gesture and an example of the excellent service I have come to expect from Palace resorts. We were then informed that an ocean view king size room that we are entitled to with our membership was not available, we could either have a double room with ocean view or a king size room nowhere near the beach. We were not happy about this at all especially considering the lack of amenities available and the one thing we were banking on was having a good room. We did not complain about this however the man dealing with us must have seen our disappointment as he told us to go and have a look around and come back in 10 minutes. We went along to the small shop to buy a couple of things and came back to be told we have been upgraded to a honeymoon suite, we were delighted with this so got our keys and the bellboy took us along the lobby showing us the restaurants and then took us to our room.

ROOM
Our room turned out to be furthest from the beach and on the ground floor, although it was a bit bigger than a normal room we did not see this as an upgrade, so we phoned reception and they said there was nothing they could do about it until the next day, so we agreed to phone them back in the morning . The room itself was a typical palace room but slightly larger, with a huge bed, a fridge, a drinks dispenser, a sunken in jacuzzi and a huge double shower . There was a small terrace but had no real view since it was on the ground floor. The next day we phoned reception and they said they had found a king size room on the 1st floor but in the same building we were in, by this point all I wanted to do was unpack so we decided to stay where we were in the bigger room as the view from a floor up would not have really compensated as it looked onto an incomplete building where there was always workmen. Although the rooms are nice the quality of finish was absolutely terrible, there was a plug socket in the terrace that had a big hole round it, there was paint splashes all over the glass of the balcony and in the bathroom and there were gaps between tiles etc. It seems like they just wanted to finish rooms as quickly as possible and did not see the quality of finish to be important. Throughout our stay we had no TV signal and nobody seemed to know when they would be up and running.

BEACH
The beach is absolutely beautiful, with lovely soft sand and bright blue water. However it can be very windy here in turn meaning the water can be very rough, there was always red flags up, however we did get to go swimming a couple of days when is was not as windy and we had a great time. There is a definite lack of palapas and loungers on the beach, there was almost never any available after breakfast as people had been down putting towels on them. On the one day that we did manage to get loungers, we found the drinks service to be excellent as there was always a girl coming round asking for drinks orders. There is no water activities available at this time and the only beach activity was volleyball. The palapas are only in one tiny area of the beach in front of the one beach view open pool. I would imagine once the resort is complete, there will be palapas and loungers all along the beach.

POOLS
At this time there are only 2 pools open, not the large number of pools open according to the palace resorts website!! One pool is located in front of the marina bar and grill and has a swim up bar, but once again it can be hard to get a lounger here as there are so few. The drinks service here is also good and in the last few days they had started some activities by the pool including dance lessons. You can also get a poolside massage at any time. The other pool open is very small and is located behind the Marina bar and grill on the other side of the lagoon. There is also a bar here, but only about 8 loungers. This area was much quieter however it is much more sheltered from the wind so we liked sitting here. There are other pools that have water in them but we never saw anyone using them, I do not know if they were actually closed or if it was due to there being no loungers round them.

FOOD RESTAURANTS AND BARS
I found the food to be quite good, however my fiance had many bad experiences. We loved the pizza place, the pizza's were very good there, we also loved the Mexican Los Gallos as it had great ambiance and the waiters were great especially Beto! They have a 3 man band going round the tables and they were very good. We both hated the Italian restaurant, it is very brightly lit giving it a cafeteria feel and the service was very disorganised as waiters were not designated tables therefore we were approached by 4 different waiters all asking to take our orders, we only stayed here for one course and then left. We went to Caffeto most morning for breakfast and loved it, the staff here are fantastic and we always had a laugh with them every morning, we will miss them!! Also in the lobby there is an ice cream place which was good and a sandwich shop. The drinks are great and there is a huge selection. There are 2 lobby bars, one of which only opened whilst we were there. They serve great drinks however they do not really feel like bars, more like a sort of function room.

SERVICE
The service by wait staff and hosts is outstanding as with all Palace resorts, every thank you is replied with 'it is my pleasure' and we especially found the Caffeto staff to be outstanding!! They are very aware of the bad situation at the resort and are trying everything to make it better like offering everyone free manicures, pedicures and massages

TOURS
At this point there are only 3 included tours at this resort, these are Animal Park, Dominican Safari and a snorkeling trip. The tour planners have been brought in from Mexico resorts to train staff and to organise the tours. I felt very sorry for these tour planners as they were offered the transfer from Mexico and arrived about a week before opening being told it was all finished and they arrived to a building site. There are not many tours available and the extra tours cost a lot more than what you would pay in Mexico as the Moon Palace needs to build a reputation with the tour companies. We went on the Dominican Safari, this included a stop at Christians house where he shows you all the fruit trees he has, then shows you how he makes his fresh coffee and chocolate from the beans. You then get to try some of his fresh coffee, hot chocolate and mama juana. There are also things that you can buy. Then we went to a park where you can pay extra to go zip lining, or on ATVs otherwise you can go to the river to see the crocodile. We went ziplining and although it was fun, it was a bit boring after 11 lines!! And it is quite expensive. We also paid for the sunset horse ride along the beach. This leaves from the resort next door, you go down the beach past Moon palace, stop for some fresh coconut milk and the ride back, we enjoyed this tour. We also booked to go deep sea fishing however had to cancel...more on that later!!

THE BAD BITS
This resort should not be open!! This is evident immediately on entering the lobby. It is completely bare and there is constantly someone sweeping the floor due to the plaster and dust covering everything!! The lobby decor is very shabby, there are huge gaps between the walls and floors and the tiles are not straight!! The bathrooms at the lobby are also very badly decorated, with walls that don't look like they are finished and there seemed to be plaster everywhere, especially falling on the floor when you shut a door into the toilet!! There were always workmen in the lobby, no matter what time of day or night, and they are not always just walking through. One day a workman was screwing sockets into the floor right in the centre where the reception is, another day a workman was chiselling marble off the wall in the area beside the ice cream shop and you can always hear banging and sawing. Initially this did not bother us until they decided to pump out the water in the pond area outside our room at 4 in the afternoon, the noise was so loud we could hardly hear ourselves speak!! I know all this work is necessary to get the resort up and running however this is a major reason why they should have waited to open.

We had booked to go deep sea fishing and we were looking forward to this trip most, however my fiance woke at 3 in the morning and was violently ill, this continued until around 6. At 6 I phoned reception to get put through to the tour reps to let them know we would not be able to go on our fishing trip. Reception said that there were no tour reps about but they would let them know for us. At 7 we got a phone call from a man saying he had come to pick us up for fishing and where were we? Fiance explained that he was ill and that we had phoned reception to pass on the message, at which the man hung up the phone!! Later that morning we went to speak to the tour reps who told us we would still have to pay the $300 as we did not let them know 24 hours in advance. I understand that us not going meant they lost money that they could have got from someone else going but how were we supposed to know fiance would be sick! When we said we would not pay we were told we would need a doctors note before they could cancel the fee!! So fiance went to the doctor, had to pay $10 for her to write a note saying he was ill!! This wasted a whole morning and was not much fun when you are not feeling well!!

We also had an issue with the horseriding tour. We were supposed to be picked up at 3:40pm however the ranch rep came in a small car and there were 4 other people going on the tour, so we were left sitting in the lobby until 4:30 when someone came back for us. When we got to the ranch everyone else had left, we caught up with them at the stop off point, but this meant our 2 hour ride ended up only being 1 hour and we still had to pay the full $150 for it.

We were generally happy with the room cleaning until one day I turned round a hand towel and found mascara marks on it from the previous day, the towel had just been folded in half the other way to hide the marks and make it look clean, so who knows how many days we had been using dirty towels, I find this absolutely disgusting!!

We put 6 items into the laundry on Friday, on the Saturday we got a phone call from the laundry asking if it was 6 or 7 items we had put in as I had written 7 but they only had 6, we told them it was my mistake and there was definately only 6 items. We were told the laundry would be ready on Sunday. Sunday came and went with still no sign. We were leaving on Monday so in the morning we phoned the laundry to ask about it and they said they would phone back. They phoned back and said that it had not been done as it had been the weekend!! Now I would have thought that resorts don't operate in this manner, anyway we asked them to return our laundry as we had to check out at 12. They said they would do this, by 11 it still had not arrived so we phoned back, again they said we would have it by 12. At 12 we left to check out and explained to reception the situation and said we would not pay the charges we owed until we had our laundry as we did not want to pay for laundry that had not been done. This was fine and reception phoned laundry and they said they would deliver it to reception at 2. So at 2 back to reception we went, still no sign of it and at this point laundry were saying they had lost it!! Bearing in mind we had to leave for the airport at 15:10 we were starting to get very annoyed. We were taken to guest services who spent the next 45 minutes chasing up where it was. We had to fill in a report of exactly what happened, guest services were running around speaking to people trying to locate it. At 15:00 we were getting annoyed as we only had 10 minutes until our transfer, we spoke to a manager who had to run and speak to someone else. At 15:10 we were finally told they couldn't find it and that they would take about $60 off our final bill. The guest services woman who was helping us was outstanding and she refused to leave us until she saw us safely on our bus, however we got the impression that the manager that we spoke to did not believe us and was quite rude, however this may have been due to the stress of the situation. Guest services said they would write a report and they would contact us if they found the laundry. We still have not heard from them! I find it absolutely unacceptable that we put our laundry in in good faith and they have lost it and not only that but it took up until the last minute of our stay to get it sorted!!

Finally like another reviewer I have returned home with huge red whelts all over my legs, some of which are turning into blisters. I thought that it was just a bad reaction I was having to something but I am glad to hear that I am not the only one as this suggests that it is caused by either something at the resort or on the beach.

If you enjoy lying on the beach or by the pool all day and you get a good deal to go to this resort then this is the place for you. We can only lie at the pool for a wee while before getting bored and found there is absolutely nothing to do!!

Although we did not fully enjoy our stay we could see improvements every day and once the resort is finished it will be absolutely spectacular!! It is a shame that they have opened with the resort the way it is because if they had waited I am sure every review would have been brilliant. As it is I would not return to this resort until it is completely finished and has been up and running smoothly for a couple of years."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of February 2009

Hotels near Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana

Stayed at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana? Share your insight.

Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana is also called