Aerial View Grand Palladium Punta Cana

Good
Good
2082

Fiesta Beach Highly Recommended

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"Just returned from Fiesta Beach Resort and Spa today and it was amazing. Travelled this year with my family of three. When booking this trip we chose a 3-4 star (4+ in some books) and it was more than incredible. Upon arrival we were the only ones off the bus to this location. For a split second we were worried. We had a nice young gentleman carry our bags to our room which was 3204. The rooms were typical but the pillows were terrible, so bring you own. Once we settled into our room, we head straight for the beach. It was beautiful. The ocean did get rough so we chose to spend most of our time at the pool as our 7 year old son lives in the water! There was alot to choose from for all meals. Each night the usual salads etc. but the main course would be of a different theme. In between meals I would suggest requesting a menu from the bar if you can't wait until the next meal or you'll be stuck with popcorn. Don't shy away from the food, just make sure the meat is not pink. This hotel has the beach, restaurant and pool right there so no walking a distance to get there. There is a train that you are able to take to get around the resort. The resort is gorgeous! One of the nicest we've stayed at. Take the time to videotape or take pictures from the train. Fiesta Beach has access to the other hotels but you will have to pay for drinks/meals if you choose. Just ask front desk what's included in the package. Overall if people want more than what the Fiesta Beach offers then they should definitely do more research. It was a wonderful stay and we would definitely go back. Final note, the tourists from the 5 stars within the complex were at our hotel all hours of the day, so that obviously says something. We have paid alot more for trips south and we did not receive as much as The Fiesta Beach offered us. Enjoy!"

• Travel date: 5th February 2005

Beautiful beaches - but beware

Reviewed 18th October 2012

"We just got back from a week at Fiesta Beach. This was our third trip to DR in 2 years. What draws as back each time is the beautiful weather and wonderful beaches. We would not choose Fiesta Beach again because there were too many limitations on dining choices - we really got tired of buffet dining. The fact that we didn't have access to all the dining options in the complex was disappointing and not clearly explained to us at the time of booking. We did enjoy the fresh pasta and the ice cream at the Sports Bar, however. The complex itself is beautiful. The grounds are clean and well maintained - just gorgeous! Many opportunities to walk and enjoy the beauty. The train that runs daily is also a nice touch. Our room was clean and we had a view of the ocean. We slept most nights with the patio doors open so we could hear the surf. Our air conditioning did not work the whole time we were there and after repeated atempts to have it fixed we just gave up. Our maid presented us with fresh flowers and wonderfully created towel designs daily. She was such a treat! We took one tour to Altos de Chavon/La Romana and had a wonderful day. We visited a cigar factory, toured a cave and had lunch while floating down the Chavon River on a boat. Just beautiful! The visit to the artisan village was great. I could have spent all day there. The shopping was quite different then any we have ever seem in DR. As I said what draws as back each time are the beaches - they are just unbelievable - pictures don't do them justice. We will definately visit DR again but we will choose another hotel on Bavaro Beach to stay at."

• Travel date: 31st January 2005

LOVED IT

Reviewed 30th November 2012

"I had the most amazing time in this hotel. First and most importantly is the quality of custommer service that you receive in this hotel: I've never met such friendly, warm and helpfull people as the hotel staff in this hotel...and I have to add that I have travelled a lot! The animatio team is absolutely great!!! You were also provided with a wide variety of sports, games and activities, and their lovely music is on constantly...which just makes you want to dance all day!!! So if you get bored there its really because you want too! The rooms were fine (very big single beds), nothing extremely fancy, but considering that you will only be spending a minimum amount of time in them, there is really nothing to complain about. There was also a great variety of food available, which is great!!! If what you love is being pampered, well cared for, and enjoying the culture and extreme warmness of people...then this is the hotel for you...so I just just have one two words to describe this hotel: ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!! Made friends for the rest of my life...."

• Travel date: 12th January 2005

The Best bang for your buck

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"If you are going on vacation to get away to a "paradise", this IS it. It is the most beautiful beach i have ever seen. Turquoise, warm, clean waters, white sand, blue sky,palm trees it was gorgeous. My friend i was with said it was nicer than the beach in Aruba. The rooms: totally fine. no weird surprises, no insects. the bathroom was much nicer than i expected, good water pressure, and the maids were really great. No complaints at all. The food was plenty. We canadians preferred the sports bar.. we got grilled cheese burgers, pizza, and Soft serve ice cream. The night life can get a little boring,, but we went to mangu, a club at a nearby resort, and it was a lot of fun. The resort's disco wasnt so bad though. The staff were very nice, but would cat call me when i tried to jog around the premise for some exercise. moral of the story, dont exercise on vacation ;) Anyway, this was the absolute best deal ive gotten for a vacation. people i know stayed at places in puerto plata with brown sand and gross water for more money than we paid. we paid about 1200 in total inclduing tax and everything. you cant go wrong at this resort. Email me if you want to see pictures of the beach or whatever."

• Travel date: 27th December 2004

The Best Vacation Spot

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"I have been to the Dominican Republic 3 times.. Currently planning my fourth trip there in late Februrary Early March! My mother and I started going last year and we can't get enough of the people, the food, and the sheer beauty and preservation of the island and its people. I have been to numerous places in the caribean such as Beaches in turks and cacious, Green Turtle Cay in the Bahamas, and Have stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Hawaii, and they do not even compare to Fiesta Beach. My first time to the Domincan we were a little weary of what to expect where we sick of the cold weather and just decided to leave the winter behind, we booked our trip got there and discovered that "they don't speak english" my spanish was minimal my mothers absolutely terrible, but we managed. Our second time i cried when we left, and the third time i said see yall in a few months. It is seriously like our second home. The best thing about the Dominican is if you are friends with the people they will show you the best time you ever had. Experience there food which is excellent, there city life, and the best for college and teenagers off resort Clubs. Which are absolutly the biggest parties ever. The beaches are awsome. I read somewhere about bugs and mosquitos i have been there in all different seasons and have not got a one bug bite. I think it is seriously the perfect place to vacation I now have no reason to go anywhere else for vacation. Shopping in the Dominican is the greatest. I got namebrand clothes which would have costs me hundreds of dollars in the states for about $50! It is great. We are off the resort area more than we are on the resort and have no problem with safety and no mugging issues. The must have to do's of the Dominican is DRINK THERE RUM you'll never have rum like it, smoke there cigars there better than Cuban cigars, and experience a little bit of there life, and if you have time and are into artifacts they have the most beautiful church in the world there. If you want to see a picture of the church feel free to email me or any pictures of the beach or any questions feel free to email me."

• Travel date: 14th September 2004

Awesome Honeymoon

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"me and the wife went for our honeymoon to the fiesta beach in punta cana, and had an amazing time! the resort itself is beautiful...so much to see and look at...had a great time... HOTEL We actually booked for the Fiesta Complex, but i guess they end up sending everyone to the Beach Resort instead of the Palladium. With the Beach Resort, you're totally restricted on where you can eat, but we were fine eating the places where we were allowed. Our room was big, and it was taken care of daily. Only thing my wife had a problem with was the air conditioning being at full blast everytime we'd come back after the maid had been through, cause she gets cold easy. We didn't have much of a view, but it didn't matter, cause as soon as we left our room, we have great visuals all around us. FOOD I know most people really liked the food at La Uva, but I wasn't a big fan. We only ate dinner there the first night, and the food was ok. I didn't enjoy breakfast either...was only in the mood for fruit and croissants, and the croissants had tough ends to them. Anyway, we always ate lunch at the Sports Bar, which was awesome! We loved the food there, and loved being able to get our own soft serve ice cream. We're not picky eaters, or gourmet food lovers, so we really enjoyed the pizza, burgers, blts, and nachos and what not. We pretty much had all our dinners at La Chichigua, which was pizza and pasta, and I didn't really dig the pizza that much, but the fresh pasta was awesome! ENTERTAINMENT Didn't really get to see any, cause we were usually beat from our day time activities, but I heard they were good! BEACH The beach and the pool were awesome, and we spent much time at both. The beach was clean, and so beautiful, and the views around it were awesome. EXCURSIONS We only took one day trip, and that was the Saona Island trip, which took us on a bus ride to the Grand Dominicus resort, from where we took a catamaran to Saona Island. This was awesome! The food was good, and the beach was awesome! After we left the island, we took speed boats back, and stopped at the natural pool where the Carribean Sea and Atlantic Ocean meet, and this was great also! It was waist deep water, way off the shore, with starfish all around. An incredible experience. On the bus ride back, we got to stop in Higuey, and do some shopping, and hang out with all the kids in the area, that were looking for money. SHOPPING We went to the market, just 5 minutes down the beach, which was ok, and we also went to the Plaza Bavaro, which is a $5 cab ride away. Both were good, but every store had the exact same thing. Got 3 bottles of Brugal and 10 vanilla Cohibas for $20 on the last day...could've bargained more, but was pretty tired of it. All in all, this was the perfect honeymoon for us, and I would definately go back to the Fiesta, and would definately recommend going to it. Fun times!"

• Travel date: 15th August 2004

fiesta Beach -Punta Cana. Great place to stay

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"FIESTA BEACH - PUNTA CANA Denise and Yvan, from Ottawa CANADA - May 2nd to May 16 I will definitely be back. What a wonderful vacation that was. Thank you are in order. First to Air Transat for finding us a replacement plane within 2 hours of our return to Mirabel because we had an hydraulic problem. Had to turn back over New York. Great service, great people. Thank you to Nolatour who had the rep waiting for us at the airport in Punta Cana. We were in our room within 1 hour. What a room. The ceiling was 25 high over the door. Room 2217, right by the ocean. Small ocean view, but the palm trees are just amazing at night, while dancing in the wind. Try it. They looked like peacocks flashing their feathers. Great room. Cleaned every single day. Good service as well. AC was good, washroom was perfect. No problemo at all. They make these beautiful birds with the towels, decorated with fresh flowers. Lots of work involved into this. They sure know how to live from the Land. Great staff at the reception as well. Thank you very much. FOOD: LA UVA (buffet style). Man, these guys are just amazing. They sure know how to cook and present the food. All kinds of it. Rabbit, fishes of all kinds, turkey, chicken, mexican food night was excellent. And they have such nice smiles. Thank you to all of the cooks. The one at the BBQ in the back of the room is just great. Treat all of them with respect, and smile. You will have the time of your life. Excellent fruits, deserts, ice cream, cheese to die for. Every single days we could eat something very different. And always delicious. The service is very good as well. Thank you Louisa Maria, and to all the other girls working the floor that we had the pleasure to meet. The ANIMATION TEAM: Harol, Arturo, Julio, Argewi, Cristina and Catrina, you guys are just great. Don't ever change.As a customer of the hotel, you stick around the animacion group and you will have a great time. Dards, bocha, dancing, aerobics, bow and arrow, shooting. Go there. Meet people and have FUN. You have the shades and no wind. The animacion team is fantastic. From morning till night. Always smiling and having fun with everybody. Thank you so much for all the good times. I even won Mister Fiesta one night. On stage. Plain good fun for everybody in the place. Thank you all. I had a ball. By the way, you can buy your CD music from these guys. Excellent music that you will play again and again. Great memories. Go to the party beach they have every week, at night. Get involved. We were priviledged to a soccer game. Around 14 players on each side. Going at each other like crazy. Thank you to all of you that played. My girlfriend scored the tying goal. In the sand, barefeet and all looking so competitive out there. You had to be there to believe it. Go see a different show every night. And get involved in dancing. You will enjoy it. It is over around 11PM. I was AMAZED at the dancers I saw. And the band playing one night was just so good. The service is excellent. Always smiling again. It is in their blood. In all of them. To each and every one of you, many thanks from Denise and I. EXCURSIONS: You want to see the real country? Learned the origin of the coconuts on the Island? I had the best trip of my life. Hold a snake in my hands. Saw a live tarantula that can jump seven feet high about 2 feet from me and my friends. Mountains in the back, just incredible. You go horseback riding for 45 minutes. Then eat incredibly good food. Don't waste anything. And bring all the soaps, shampoo, toothpaste, crayons and paper for the school, candies for the school (don't give it along the way, otherwise they won't go to school to earn it), ask for the JURRASSIC TOUR, with Rigo as the guide (29 years old. Know everything about the Island), its origin, it's people, vegetation, culture, you ask, he knows. Why the different colors in the hutt they live in? See how they trained for cockfight. How they live. How they depend on water to just survive. The lady is 82, had 13 children, and never left her place. She knows about life. You will find an inner peace. There are no words for it. Bring sunglasses, camera, lots of films, aspirins for them (at lunch, for all the people working there) have a few pictures taken with the two parrots and the little girls that has them. With a beautiful mountain scenery in the back. Just after the horseback riding, you cross back that suspended bridge to go eat some fresh coconut, mango, oranges, sweet lemon like you never tasted before. On that tour, you can buy cigarettes for 9$ US a cartoon. And rum, and good cigars.You are gone from 8AM till around 4 h 30 PM. And all is included. Beer, rum, coke, 7UP, water bootles floating in ice and water. WHINNIE is the driver. Ask for these guys. We finished the day boogie boarding. You ride 5 feet high wave, RIGO knows how and will set you up. Denise rode around 250 feet on one. She will never thank our guide enough. Same goes for me. TIPS: Bring a hat, sunglass, lots of sunscreen. You are exposed to the element all day. We bought a bottle of 20 ounces of pure vanilla for 2$US. All kind of spices and pure chocolate for about the same price. These guys will take you everywhere. Bank, villages, sugar cane field, cigar maker, bank machine, souvenir shop in the back of the country. Prices are great compare to the beach market. You will save a bundle of $$$. It's worth the 75$US per person we paid for that Tour. And say Hola to the people, and smile at them. They will do just the same. It is in their blood. Thank you for this wonderful day, Rigo, Whinnie and Snake man. Muchas gracias. BEACH, SUN, WIND: Careful with that combination.Bring lots of sunscreen. Think 45 for the first 2 days, then 30 for the rest of the week. Go 45 for the face, knees and top of the feet. Beautiful beach. You can see fishes and feed then within 10 feet from the shore. Beautiful water. No nothing in the water. Just sand at your feet and very smooth. SNORKLING: You can go for 20$ US per person for 2 hours, with a captain you meet at the market. 5 minutes walk to you right when facing the ocean From the Fiesta Beach Resort. BEWARE: Don't bring more money or values with you when you go snorkling. The sharks are not in the water. It cost me 20$ US to learn it. That is the only bad taste I got from my whole trip. The fishes are just amazing. Bring bananas to feed them. They come to eat right in your hand. Hundreds of them, all colors, shapes, etc. I went twice. Good investment for your money. Bring a towel each. You will appreciate on your way back. PARASAILING: Is also amazing. They make you touched the water twice. Or even the beach. Have a good time on the boat. The ride is fabulous. Sunscreen, camera, sunglasses are in order. We paid 35$ US each with George. Good guy to know. He will bring you to the closest market, bank, shops, he will tell you where to go at night, etc. POOL, RESORT, in general: A+ all around. I did not want to go anywhere else. The popcorn machine is just great. Snack and service all around the pool is always there. They make you feel like a king. Thank you all. We are planning to go back. It sure was the best time of my life. Thank you , Robert and Jeannine, MC and Dave, Helga and Fritz, Charlie, Manolo, Eva and Paula and Enrico and Marco. And to all the people from Barcelona, Terefine, Canary Island, Axel et Lucas, I had the best time of my life."

• Travel date: 10th August 2004

Palladium is Unbelievable - in a good way!!!

Reviewed 10th October 2012

"I visited Punta Cana, specifically the Palladium during the week of April 15 - 22, 2004. It was BEYOND my expectations!. I was surprised at how little english is spoken at the resort however still had the time of my life. I made new friends and am planning to visit again next year for 2 weeks. The resort staff were very friendly. Do not expect to get snap your finger service. Everything is a little more relaxed and laid back. I recommend that everyone have a small amount of US dollars for tips etc. The small "supermarcado" on site does not take visa and you must go back into the lobby of resort to have them put the charges thru for you. The beaches were picturesque. They really have white sand and aqua blue water! The swimming with the dolphins at Manati Park is not worth it. You only get maybe 5 minutes with them. That is really the only complaint I have. Otherwise, I highly recommend the Palladium Bavaro at Fiesta Place."

• Travel date: 5th May 2004

Excellent 4 star resort!

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"Had a lovely stay at the Fiesta Complex (Beach) Resort. Stayed in complex 2000, adjacent to the pool and the Piscine Bar and La UVa restaurant. The balcony doors are very thick so the noise from the pool area was ALMOST non-existent. They close everything at midnite so you're sure to get a good nites sleep. The pool was very well maintained as were the grounds and buildings. They are in the process of renovating a number of the complexes, but the noise is very minimal and not done at god awful hours. The beach area when i arrived was very active, but as the week wore down the people slowly disappeared as charters change their scheduling for summer departures. There were always chairs available by the pool or beach at any time of the day. The Dominican has alot of Europeans visiting their country and they are very friendly to Canadians. For the person who complains about this resort is one who, wanted "a deal" and then when they got their they realized from people at the Palladuim received access to all the Fiesta Complex. Pay a little more at time of booking and don't complain. You're in a third world country. The Fiesta Beach Resort and Spa was absolutely fabulous and i would recommend it to anyone and if you spend a little more per person you can have the "best of both worlds". Relax, enjoy, and don't compare their country to ours or you'll not enjoy your trip!"

• Travel date: 2nd May 2004

Great place! Much different than Puerto Plata which is also great.

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"After visiting the Dominican once before, I stayed at the Fiesta Beach Resort in March of 2004. My first trip to the Dominican was to Puerto Plata, and I think it is important to note that Punta Cana is much different. Punta Cana is virtually all resorts with little access to the local Dominican culture. Punta Cana is very much designed strictly for tourists, but beautiful with nicer beaches than Puerto Plata. There are advantages & disadvantages to both places, but I would highly recommend either. Our 7 days at Fiesta Beach Resort were fabulous. The staff was wonderful and went out of their way to make sure that we were enjoying our stay. The food was good, with a fair variety of options. If you are a vegetarian, you will have enough options. By day seven you may be craving a little more variety, but you will have choices throughout the week. Don't miss the wonderful Gazpacho at lunch! The white sand beaches were gorgeous. Our only annoyance throughout the trip was with inconsiderate and down right rude guests. Please remember that you are visiting a foreign country. It is unreasonable to demand that the resorts provide change in the currency of your home country. Despite the long shifts that the staff work nearly every day of the week...despite the terribly low wages, they remain courteous and helpful. It is easy to feel like a king or queen when you are in paradise, but it is wrong to treat the staff as if they are your personal servants. Please be courteous to the hard working staff that only receive $80/month for their outstanding service. Tips are greatly appreciated by the staff & well deserved. We chose to pay tribute to the staff at the end of our trip, but others noticed the already great service escalated when tips were received early on in the trip. What might buy us a candy bar here in the U.S. will do much more for the dominicans.Enjoy your stay!"

• Travel date: 19th April 2004

Hotels near Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa

Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa is also called

• Fiesta Beach Resort Hotel
  • Fiesta Palace Resort & Spa Hotel
  • grand palladium punta cana