Lobby Area at night

EXCELLENT!

Reviewed 15th October 2014

"I just want to say a special thank you to the staff they were excellent! Wellington, Nairobi, Francis, Jr., Emilio, Ingrid, Ruby thank you! This swim up bar was excellent ( thanks Jr.!) the rooms were nice and clean "

• Travel date: 14th October 2014

Belated honeymoon June 2012

Reviewed 26th June 2012

"Amazing resort, we upgraded to Prefered Club, and Was well worth the extra money. Very clean room, excellent service, resort immaculate, plenty To do during the day and themed evenings. Food amazing. Our only issues were; the World Cafe had openings around the Roof area allowing birds to enter and land on/by the food. Our minibar wasn't restocked in a daily basis, so we had to request. I now have the holiday blues. So want to go back. "

• Travel date: 26th June 2012

Excellent Time @ Dreams Palm Beach

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"Stayed at Dreams from January 10th to the 17th. After reading many of the negative reviews posted on this site, we were prepared for a nightmare in hell. What a pleasant surprise. We booked with Sunwing Vacations and were greeted with the most friendly flight attendants, hot towel service, spacoius leather seats, a plastic cup of champange, hot edible meal, and complimentary cup of wine. The flight was 3 hours and 45 minutes and it seemed much less than that. Arriving in Punta Cana, we checked through immigration very quiclky after paying our $10.00/person entry visa, picked up our luggage and were directed to our air conditioned coach. It actually took 20 minutes to arrive at Dreams Palm Beach from the airport. We did not experience any of the nonsense upon arrival as described by some. Once there, we registered at the front desk in under five minutes, given a cold refreshing towel, a glass of champagne, our room key, and ushered to our room by Raphael, the bellboy. This poor chap was literally half my size and carried both our suitcases up three flights of stairs and insisted on taking our hand luggage as well, which I did not allow. We emailed the resort one week prior to our arrival asking for a second or third floor room in their newly renovated section and we recieved more than we bargained for. We were supposed to get a deluxe tropical view room. Instead, we had a pool and partial ocean view room close to all the ammenities. Many thanks to Erica George for arranging this. The room consisted of a new and very comfortable bed, 32" LCD Sony television, alarm clock with IPod dock, fully stocked mini bar, new programmable safe for valuables, which I recommend you use, ice cold air conditioning, iron and ironing board - all the comforts of home. My only disappointment was the bathroom and maid service which I would rate as 3 star at best. We did not experience chambermaids entering the room unexpected as they always knocked before entering. In addition, if you want privacy use the dead-bolt, chain, and 'do not disturb' sign on the door. To my surprise, this resort does not issue wrist bands, cards for beach towels, or take reservations for the five a la carte restaurants. Do not expect five star dining as you would back home, as the food here is prepared for the atmosphere at hand. Wait times were minimal providing you arrived between 6:30 to 7:00 pm. The World Cafe had a good selection of freshly prepared dishes from breakfast thru dinner. The service here was exceptional and our glasses were never empty. Selection at dinner included roast beef, crown pork roast, rib steaks at the grill station, and lobster on evenings. We tried all of the a la carte's with the Japanese being our least favourite. Elizabeth at the Mexican had the most welcoming, warm and sincere smile that welcomed you on arrival. Juan at the Gourmet provided us with the best service and atmosphere. The house wine at this resort was very good, with an added bonus of choosing from a large wine list for an additional charge. The enterainment at the bar was exceptional. Clemente, Chocolate, and Vladimir were a magnet for crowds and this was the gathering point for the evening. Here, we met many great and interesteing people from around the world and forged many new friendships. Drinks were not watered down and many top shelf brands of liquor to choose from. Live music at the lobby was decent, where one night they had a band from Santo Domingo that played exceptionally well. The beach was awesome, clean, fine white sand with turquiose water. There was always someone cleaning up the seaweed that washed up on shore keeping things spotless. Plenty of lounge chairs, however getting a palapa was difficult as many were reserved since early morning. Plenty of shade though from the surrounding palm trees and wait staff constantly serving drinks on the beach to cool things off. We enjoy snorkeling and unfortunately this area is lacking in reefs making this very uninteresting. The water was clear with white sand bottom and limited sea life. Dreams is located on an islolated strech of beach shared by two other resorts and one can walk for an hour in either direction experiencing beautiful tropical scenery. We always felt safe as there were police patrolling the beach area and local vendors did not bother us after a simple 'no gracias'. This resort also offered $200.00 US credit which could be used at the spa, romantic dinner on the beach, or wine purchase at the a la cartes. Refer to the Dreams website for terms and conditions, print this page and submit to the front desk if you do not receive these coupons upon arrival. There were a few minor issues that were dealt with and reconciled immediately. We did witness several guests that were extremely rude and belligerant to the staff behind the front desk. I found this was quite distasteful, unpleasant and felt badly for the person who was trying his best to remedy the problem. It is these type of guests that have an agenda for discrediting this resort, thus the negative reviews. I find that being polite, respectful, and offering a smile goes a long way to obtaining good service and resolving problems versus throwing a 'hissy fit'. Bear in mind this resort opened a month ago after undergoing extensive renovations and there are minor problems that still need to be worked out. I would rate this resort as a four star, although it does have the potential to become a five. Overall we had a wonderful time, had beautiful weather, met many new friends, and experienced great service from all the staff. The local people are extremely friendly and went out of their way to assist you in having a memorable time. I would definately recommend this resort to my family and friends. On a final note, a warm heartfelt thank you to everyone at Dreams for making this one of the best vacations yet."

• Travel date: 27th January 2009

Relaxing

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"I forgot some points in my previous review. Plus, I wanted to comment on some of the negative comments. Our bathroom was supplied with the usual shampoo and lotion, but we also got toothpaste, toothbrushes, 15SPF suntan lotion, and a razor. When was the last time you got all that on a daily basis. As for the comment about the orange juice, it was GREAT. Maybe the person who thought it was battery acid has never had true fresh squeezed orange juice. Steaks were not low grade. A couple of nights, they had true ribeye. You had to watch them cook your steak to get something like medium rare. Otherwise, you would get medium to well done. It was excellent if you watched. Didn't have a problem with steak in al-a-carte restaurants when ordered there. The comment about only offering the same things, with a variation, at the al-a-cartes, is partially true. All the menus had steak, chicken, and fish, with a style of the restaurant type. However, the appetizers, salads, and soups were different. I also remember a couple of additional dishes besides the beek, chicken, and fish. We did have the occassional mosquito in our room, but you're in the tropics. We never experienced them to the point they were buzzing around and really a pain. We brought repellent and just dealt with the occassional one in the room. Bring repellent and lots of sun tan lotion. You will fry without anything. Keep putting it on during the day. I agree that the lobby bar was to small, but why [-] about it and add negativity to your trip. If we couldn't find a place to sit there, we looked to the couches in the lobby. If nothing there, we walked to the pool bar, which was more romantic and quieter anyway. As I mentioned previously, my major problem was the service, which stopped it from getting a 5. However, it won't stop me from going again."

• Travel date: 26th January 2009

Dreams- just what we wanted for a romantic getaway

Reviewed 14th October 2012

"Just what we were looking for- beautiful, romantic, easy going and wonderful service. I am employed by a luxury hotel in Boston- so is my boyfriend. I won't say which one, but it is a hotel recognized for luxury and service. He is a chef and I am a manager for Front of house. So needless to say I was worried that a resort at this price would be a disappointment. Not at all. We booked a Club Oceanfront room and we both feel this made all the difference. We had all the enjoyment of the resort as well as a private, BEAUTIFUL restaurant/lounge and pool area with its own beach. This is definitely where we got the experience we were looking for- wonderful, personalized service and a ambiance that matched anything I have seen at a Ritz-Carlton or Four Seasons....and we have seen both! Ricardo, the Club Concierge was amazing! Someone I would surely want working for me at my hotel. Food- ehh, it is what it is. Same with the drinks....don't like how they made the drink? Get another! Or a beer. Or both! That is what made this so fun and enjoyable. Employees seemed concerned about your comfort and happiness. Was everything perfect the first time? No. But you are on a BEAUTIFUL and clean beach- so roll with it! The staff was more than willing to try again if you didn't like your food/drink/lounge chair the first time. Room was gorgeous. Was worried when I saw complaints online. But it was pretty much everything we were hoping for- well appointed, above average amenities and quality service like clockwork twice a day. I could mention a couple of very very minor things that were wrong but not even worth it (ie. the phone is the bathroom was not attached very well to the wall- GASP...) I think that people like to find what is wrong in their reviews rather than all that is fantastic! My boyfriend and I both are easy going but have high standards and we couldn't have been happier. Book a club room and you won't regret it...."

Vacation at Dreams Palm Beach in Punta Cana

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"Not very happy. We went with a group of 27 and no one was very happy. Our room had a very nice king size bed. There was no drew space to put your clothes. A closet with just 6 hangers. My husband and I lived out of our suitcases. The bathroom was very old and dirty. The toilet seat did not fit right and it just slipped back and forth. When entering the hall way to our rooms there was the smell of raw sewerage and it lasted the whole 7 days. The sliding glass doors did not lock, and we were on the lower level. We faced the back of the cafateria, and all the help passed by our room all day and night. No privacy. We asked to have our room changed the first night and were told it could not be done. When you pay $3,000. for a vacation you should be happy. The beach was beautiful. The pool had no umbrellas. We stayed in Punta Cana last year at the Blue Ocean Resort and it was fabulous. We were told that Dreams was a brand new resort and it was a 6 star resort, NO WAY!!!! Not even a 3 star."

Total Relaxation

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"My wife and I just returned (1/17-1/21) from Dreams Palm and had a truly wonderful time. We stayed in building 4 on the 1st floor and didn't have any problems. I was a bit concerned about staying there after reading some of the reviews, but now I believe people just use this sight to complain. We never had staff enter our room without notice and we did use the sign for privacy on the door handle. I thought all of the staff communicated very well in English or at least tried their best. I find it interesting to hear the complaints about the lack of English. You are in a foriegn country that caters to americans and europeans. The staff tried to speak french, german, english, etc. The entertainment staff was great (Gasolina always made me laugh). They had the steeler game on for us, which was nice. My wife and I had massages and facials which were great. Spent all day at the beach and pool, wonderful experiences and met a lot of very nice people. The food everywhere was great, especially the Japanese steakhouse. We order room service one night and it camp promptly. My only wish was that we stayed longer! We would definitely return and bring others with us."

• Travel date: 22nd January 2009

No Complaints

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"Just returned from Dreams Palm Beach. Stayed in Building 1 and had absolutely no problems. The resort is beautiful. Large pool, large beach area. The rooms had all new furniture in them. The bathroom was a little odd, with a shower door only covering 1/2 the shower but it seemed to work. The staff is excellent. We had four rooms and none of us had any problems whatsoever. If people used the "do not disturb" signs for the handles, the staff wouldn't enter. I liked the set up at the restaurants, instead of making a reservation at 9am, you went to the restaurant and they gave you a buzzer to let you know when your table was ready. Usually 1/2 hr to an hour, which was no big deal. Service at the restaurants/bars/pool/beach were great. I have stayed at many all inclusives and thought this was the best food of any of them. We ate at the Steak place, the Japanese place and the Mexican place. The only minor issue was people who went down at 8 am and put towels on chairs and then don't come down until noon, but this happens everywhere. There were six of us and we didn't have any problems getting chairs together. All in all I would totally recommend this resort to anyone. To the complainers, they will obviously find something wrong with anything."

Stay Away!

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"My wife and I stayed at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana From Jan. 4th to the 9th 2009. We just got home and I feel compelled to write a review of our stay. I’ll start first with what is good about DPB, but unfortunately it will be a short paragraph. The Beach is really nice. Clean soft white sand with the dried leaves that fall from the palm trees being the only thing littering it. We did not step on a single rock or piece of trash for the whole time we were there. There was a lot of seaweed that washed up each day, but the tides seemed to take care of it. The water was very calm and the temperature comfortable. It was not as warm as the water we found in Riviera Maya, but it was by no means cold. Of course, you had to swim with seaweed floating around. Not much, but enough it seemed to make the water cloudy. Also, the pool was very nice. It was clean, clear, a bit cold, but overall very nice. Like I said, what we liked about the hotel was a very short paragraph. We arrived on our first day and had to wait about a half hour before our room was ready. We had booked through Cheap Caribbean and our paperwork said we had room upgrade. We had booked the standard room so were not sure what the upgrade would be. The desk told us that they had upgraded us, but when we got to our room we had a standard room with two full size beds. This is hardly an upgrade considering we had requested a king size bed before our arrival. When we asked to be changed, we were told we could not be moved until 3pm the next day! This made for a night of uncomfortable sleep. The next day we were moved after 3 o’clock to a room with a king size bed and a view of the back service alley. Each day of our trip, the housekeeping staff would knock on the door at 8 am looking to restock our fridge. Since it was our vacation, we asked them each time to come back. They never came back and our fridge was never restocked the whole time we were there. To make things worse, the fire alarm control panel in the building was right our side our room and it beeped all day and all night. This made it hard enough to sleep, never mind the constant battle with mosquitoes that seem to flood your room whenever you open the door. The staff acted like they had no idea why it was beeping and despite our complaints, they did nothing to fix it. Beyond a doubt, the worst part of our trip to DPB was the food. To call the food awful would be an insult to awful food everywhere. It had either no taste or a terrible taste. The freshly squeezed orange juice made each morning tasted like battery acid and was only palatable with sugar poured into it. The eggs tasted terrible, evenly the freshly cracked ones in the omelets each morning. Lunch at the buffet was just as bad. The pizza was the only thing that was evenly barely eatable and that got old quick. At dinner, we tried the seaside steak and seafood grill, El Patio (the Mexican choice), and Bordeaux (the French rest.). By far the Mexican was the best, and it really was nothing great. All of the restaurants have the same menu, chicken, steak filet, mahi mahi, grouper and salmon. All prepared in slighty different ways to try to match the cuisine of the restaurant being served in. I can’t stress enough how much of a disappointment the food was on this trip. Not only did it taste terrible, but after the first day we could not stray far from a bathroom. After talking to other guests, we were not the only ones having to keep close to the bathroom after eating the food. Best advice I can offer, if you do go to DPB, don’t drink any water not from a bottle. This means don’t eat any of the fruit or salad or anything else that may be washed in the water as well. In conclusion, I can’t state strongly enough that you should avoid Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana. The weather was perfect each day. Not a cloud in the sky, and about 82 with a nice Caribbean breeze each day. Aside from that, the trip was a let down. The hotel staff is not very friendly, the food is terrible, and the rooms leave a lot to be desired."

Awesome Hotel

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"We've just returned from a trip to Dreams Palm Beach and had an amazing time! The staff is very helpful, friendly and lend a hand even when it's not their job. The food at the a la carte restaurants was very good and the presentation was top notch. As you've already read, there is a gorgeous white sand beach! Dreams has a trampoline in the water that everyone (even non guests) seemed to be having a great time on. There is a constant wind which is deceiving when tanning so watch out for burns! ....on the upside, we never had a problem with bugs at the beach until the wind died down at sunset. The grounds are immaculate, the entertainment squad tries really hard but won't pester you if you don't want to participate. The maids kept the room sparkly clean and the fridge guys always kept the fridge full. We loved Coco's outside the World Cafe (main dining room). We could stop in any time to grap a coffee, tea or snack. (Shout out to Javier the hard working coffee guy!) We had a late pickup on our last day and ended up spending the day at the beach. The concierge was more than happy to arrange a shower for us to clean up. (Good luck with the wedding Rebekah!) We treated ourselves to a spa treatment and came out feeling like putty! Nice job girls! It's very zen like and peaceful in the spa. Never went to the casino or disco so can't comment on that. All in all it was one of the best caribbean stays we've had."

Nice place, horrible service

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"We went to this resort through an Apple Vacations 6 Apple Square Deal, but the resort did not meet those standards. When we went the facility had been open for 3 weeks after being retrofitted from when it was open as a Sunscape Resort (rated a 4 Apple location). The resort was nice, the service was brutal. I have viewed images of the rooms and property from when it was a Sunscape and Dreams did a nice job upgrading the rooms and most of the property. While there was nothing special about the property it was nice. That said, every well rated all-inclusive resort should have nice rooms, a nice beach, average to above average food, and a pool with a swim-up bar. All of these were nice. The best restaurant was the Asian which provides both Chinese food and a Japanese steakhouse option. The beach restaurant was average, as were the Italian and French. This resort did not meet the grade on the service side and don't expect this to change as the staff is the same as it was when it was open as a Sunscape location. As this facility is new they were only half full at best which makes me wonder how bad the service will be when they are full. All resorts tell you check-in is at 3pm, but most get you into your room when you arrive. We got to Dreams at around 1:30 and were not provided room keyes until 4:30 as we were told our room wasn't ready (hard to believe they didn't have a clean room as they were half full). When we entered our room it still had yet to be cleaned, and when it was it was done very poorly. Additionaly, the cleaning staff on most days didn't actually clean our room until after 5pm, and we were in the preffered area of the hotel. Out of our 8 meals we had in the buffet restaurant ( only option for breakfast and lunch) twice we were not even served drinks by the staff, and twice the drinks didn't show up until after we were finished with our meal. Additional service issues arose such as no water at the pool bar, no towels at the pool, toilet was broken and never fixed, etc.... and I understand that I am just one guest and individuals can always have a bad experience. That said, we met 6 couples/families from 3 diffrerent countries as well as several from the US...all but one stated they would not only never stay at Dreams Palm Beach again, but they stated they would never visit a Dreams resort either due to the poor service."

Great vacation but ....

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"My wife and just stayed at the Palm Beach from 1/10 - 1/15. We met another couple there for part of their 10 day stay. There were many more positives than negatives! The positives: sunshine every day, friendly and hard working staff from maids to bar tenders to food service to entertainment staff, beautiful beach area and pool, good food and drink. The best part involved meeting other couples from all over the country and world. The bar in the lobby features a dynamic bartender that brings people to the bar to share drinks and laughter. We met many couples at that bar - in fact we met a couple that was married at the resort. We became part of their wedding and shared in their celebration. It was a great and unexpected experience - all from the positive atmosphere at the bar, pool and beach! In general, the entertainment staff made us feel that we were a part of the whole resort vacation experience. The negatives will hopefully be worked out over time - we had a problem with trying to communicate between the resort and our agent at our local Liberty travel agent. It took 3 days to get the problem solved. Our friends had an i-pod stolen from the room and had no satisfaction or resolution - not in a safe= too bad. Maids entered the room 3 times without warning after 10 pm. Security in the rooms is terrible - anyone can get a key to any room without proof of ID. The plumbing is a major problem - people that we met were switched out of rooms 3 times due to toilet back-ups and pipe issues. We lost 2 mornings where they closed the pool and beach in order to photograph for a travel magazine. We did not let the negatives ruin our vacation although some people were clearly upset for good reason. I would not go back right now until some issues are resolved. The resort needs to do some major work on plumbing! The resort has the potential to be a 5 star - right now they have some issues. I am back to snow and -10F weather and miss the Palm Beach. We had a great time!"

• Travel date: 18th January 2009

Hotels near Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana

Top traveller tips for Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana

• by Stephie S

"Upgrade to preferred club."

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana is also called