VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort

Playa Dorada PO Box 22, Puerto Plata Dominican Republic

Good
1983

Unbelieveable

"If you are thinking about taking a vacation, look no further.... the Gran Ventana is absolute Paradise.

I went with 3 of my friends in mid December of '02
and we had the time of our lives. we met so many great people and the staff was exceptional. There's always something to do...especially if you're a partier.

If you decide to go, please make sure you say hi to Kennedy ..... he works the pool-bar"

• Travel date: Fri 10th of January 2003

Ariba Ariba Gran Ventana

"Me and my two girlfriends had the most amazing experience at Gran Ventana...We enjoyed great food, clean rooms, and most of all the company of the staff!! We would like to thank all of the Fun Team, especially Johnathan, Junior, and Mr. Muscles (Felix) for doing their best to keep us entertained!! See you in April!"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of January 2003

great place

"gran ventana is a great place to stay i got married out there this december 2003. and the place is so clean and tidy and looks like a posh hotel.
the rooms are good size and they also give you soap, shampoo, lotions.
you are right on the beach so not far to walk it has everythink you could want out of a holiday.
the food is great you have so much to choose from some of my friends was having a bit of everythink there was that much to choose from.
the people are very nice ad cleaners are on the go from around 6 in the morning till 6-7 at night.
the fun team are really fun and if you dont want to join in with anythink then they are fine with that too but they do try hard to keep everyone happy.
i can't wait to go back and this time i will take my son as there is a kids club and they have a different fun team for the kids.
this hotel is for all ages and i am sure everyone who goes here will have a great time.

claire"

• Travel date: Mon 30th of December 2002

An Excellent Vacation

"I just returned yesterday (Dec 28 2002) and I was there for a week. This is my first experience with an all inclusive resort and I have to say all in all I am very impressed. I did have to wait a little over two hours for my room upon check in but everything else was above par.

The staff was very polite and courteous and always had a smile on thier faces and always siad hello whenever you passed them where ever on the complex grounds.

The room was a little musty smelling but once the a/c was on that smell dissappated.

We participated in the hotel sponsored "Outback Safari" and it was $69.00 US . This included a tour of a small portion of the island, lunch, all the drinks you wanted, boogie boarding and a tour of a reptile farm. The guide was excellent and very entertaining, the good was just average and the reptile farm was just ok.. The hilight was the boogie boarding at a beautiful beach and the knowledge the guide was to impart upon us throughout the tour. There were 10 of us in the back of a four wheel drive truck. I do not feel that it was worth the price.... a $40.00 US price is in the price range I would value it at.

The hotel would be an excellent place to bring young children ( 4 to 14 ) there were alot of kids there ( due to X-mas) and there was alot of things for the kids to do. The centre piece of the hotel is the pool and it was great... At the deep end it was only 4'8" deep and it was great for the kids to enjoy. The pool I should also add is huge and has a swim up bar.

The food was very good and the a la carte resturants that I dined at were very good....I did not eat at the Octopuss Grill since we had spoken to other guests who had dined there and they were not impressed with it as a result we passed on that. The Ocean Grill was very good as was the Italian Restaurant as well.

I would go again but I would include the kids. On a scale of 1 to 10 , 10 being the highest I rate the GRAN VENTANA an 8 to 8.5."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of December 2002

'The best Holiday ever!'

"I have already booked to go back to the Gran Ventana next May after having the time of my life in November, Special thanks for my perfect holiday has to go to the Animation team especially Jonathan, Raphael, Carlos, Franklyn and Kathia. They really did make my Holiday the most memorable ever and I can't wait until may to see them all again!"

• Travel date: Thu 12th of December 2002

Great cost/performance ratio

Good

"I recently came back from a two week stay at the Gran Ventana Beach Resort.

Overall i just can recommend the Gran Ventana. It is situated at a beautiful part of the beach (the beach next to the hotel by the Paradise Beach Resort does not look that good!). The hotel offers whatever you want - from a gym, poolbars, water sports to daylong animation. AND they have a hotel own diving school with diving instructor what i found superb because i did my PADI Open Water license there (350.-- US$). This all together mad it a amazing stay for me in the Carribean Sea.

Actually i have to mention one point less comfortable - the food at the buffet could have been more diversified -> means more seafood (as long as you are at a beach resort this is not expected too much!) and more choices... after a few days i got the impression that i get always the same meals.
Then i tried the à-la-carte restaurants (included in the all-inclusive-plan) - and i was really surprised; the dinner there was completely different and delicious. It's a pity that you cannot go there more than three times a week.

So, i can just say: don't hesitate to book your stay in the Gran Ventana Beach Resort!

Mike"

• Travel date: Mon 9th of December 2002

great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"the place was clean and it was sooooooooooo much fun the staff are very fit too i fell in love with buba if you go hands off he's mine!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 30th of November 2002

The best yet

"Hotel was amazing & the staff were even better. Victor Ventura, the barman, deserves a special mention for his pure professionalism. The wedding was fantastic & the children thought it was out of this world. Go there & find out for youself - you will not be dissappointed..."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of November 2002

Great Ventana it is!

Good

"This hotel is very good for the price. You really get more than what you pay for. The rooms are very pretty and spacious, and most have a private balcony. The food was good, although not much seafood was included. I really recommend the bouffet restaurant, because the ones that required reservations were pretty bad. The pool was inmaculate, and the service was excellent. All the staff was very friendly and kind with the children. We went to the town on the public bus for less than $1 USD, since the taxi drivers wanted to charge $20. Beware of these bus and taxi drivers! They are so anxious to take your money that they are willing to cheat you. I absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a good time relaxing."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of November 2002

just superb

"Thankyou to everyone at the Granventana for the best holiday my wife, son and I have had.
The staff, food and hotel itself were all excellent, special thanks to derric, junior and 'Mr muscles' on the fun team who were always up for a laugh and worked tirelessly every day.
I recommend this hotel to anyone young or old who wants to have a relaxing holiday in a beautiful surrounding."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of October 2002

excellant

"just arrived back today fantastic holiday food good staff friendly and very helpfull everything about the holiday was first class recomend this hotel. "

• Travel date: Sun 29th of May 2011

best hol eva

"Just got back from Gran Ventana brill holiday loved it cant wait to go back. Hotel spot on people are lovely including all the staff if you havent been i suggest u go. trips are brill. 23/08/2010 Helen & Neil. MINT "

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of August 2010

Hotels near VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort

Stayed at VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort

• Mckenzsa by Mckenzsa

"italiano restraunt - excellent steak "

• l1lmeesh by l1lmeesh

"Octopus and go to paradise island "

• charlotte&chris by charlotte&chris

"loved dominican republic - really want to go back - would def stay at this hotel again. "

• charlotte&chris by charlotte&chris

"swimming with dolphins, dominican discovery, paradise island "

• Debbie from Newcastle by Debbie from Newcastle

"kids loved Bongos night club "

• matt by matt

"take loads of money and sleeping pills "

• Judith Chalmers by Judith Chalmers

"Five star food and service, very friendly, amazing hotel, great for a wedding!!! "

VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort is also called