The Main Pool at the Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa

Good

Sorry for the late post of this but foun...

Reviewed 24th March 2006

"Sorry for the late post of this but found the site and its great! My family (45M, 40F, 18F, 16F, 7F) and I went here in Aug 04. We were very worried about the length of the flight. In fact there was nothing to be worried the kept us fed and watered all the way taking up lots of time. Juan Doilo is a long way from the Airport and this was with out doubt the worst part of the whole Holiday. After a 10 Hour flight a 2 1/2 hour coach trip across mostly unmade road was not good, BUT! On arrival at the Hotel....WOW! The Hotel was superb, Pools, Restaurants, Casino everything we dreamed of was there. The man made beach in the brochure did not do it justice. The whole beach was owned and kept by the Hotel. It was kept immaculate. Staff in the water most of the day ensuring that any straying stinging urchin's were removed. The Casino was a proper large scale Casino great for a night out without the kids. Downside, yes there will always be one. Entertainment and local/Haitian guests. During the July - Sept months the island celebrates holiday periods and the Hotel allows local and Haitian guests, not all but some, a very small minority, bring with them what brings out the worst in the Dominican and Haiti island. The entertainment was very much based around Spanish/Puerto Rican speaking travelers. The UK amongst us found it very hard to get involved. The Kids Club and its staff were again superb! This did not spoil our holiday although others we met commented on it. Without a doubt our best Holiday!"

• Travel date: 24th March 2006

I would do it again...

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"Better than I expected by not quite what you expect from the "Hilton". The Hilton had only owned the hotel for three months, so changes were still taking place. The hotel grounds were beautiful, I assume that's where the changes/work began. The food was great, but by the third day I was sick from the smell and decided to find a different place to eat--for at least that day. Rooms were clean. Beach was wonderful and the drinks varied depending on the bartenders. Night time entertainment was a treat and we looked forward to it each day. The front desk wasn't as responsive as you would expect, and there were hours where you couldn't find anyone working at the front desk who understood English. They only give you one key, so we stayed together (but that's how we preferred it anyway). I would stay here again, particularly once they have been managed by the Hilton for awhile."

• Travel date: 4th June 2003

Great Time

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"My fiancee and I stayed at the Coral Costa Caribe in Nov. 2003 for a week. First I would not rate the resort a 4+, I think a 3 star would be fair. The food was okay, I did not feel comfortable eating the meat (mystery meat). I did not like the fact that the locals could come on the weekends, Holy cow watch out they run the show. We took a couple of day trips to get away from them. The pools are clean and very nice. We really enjoyed the beach even if it's man made, it was very clean. The drinks were really good, the pool side bar was the best they knew what I was drinking and if they saw me in line they would get my drink ready so I did not have to wait, trick is to tip them the first day. Chocolate and friends are great entertainment. Well there were a few things that happened that we were not impressed with. I would not walk around the resort by yourself at night, the staff was hitting on me and following me around. On the second day our toilet backed up and it took the whole day to fix it. The rooms are nice but they had a dirty smell to them. I would recommend the Sanoa Island trip. If you want to venture off the property take a cab ($1.00 us) to a cafe called Julias Cafe, great food and strong drinks, our tab was ($20 US) including the tip for two people. We played pool w/ the locals Dominican style and we had entertainment. I can't wait to go back."

• Travel date: 13th May 2003

I liked It

Reviewed 14th October 2012

"I had a wonderful time! The beach was beautiful, and the staff was helpful and very kind. The food was ok.. I ate alot of banana bread b/c it tasted the best I've ever had... we had a room on the 5th floor and it overlooked the ocean. They have the best shirley temples! Our room was nice except for the sink that wouldn't stop dripping. Lots of things to do and shopping close by. They even do cornrows down on the beach. I can't wait to go back and enjoy God's creation!"

• Travel date: 12th May 2003

FAB!!

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"me and my family all went to this hotel in may 2000.the only thing 2 worry about is the airport watch out!! timeshares everywere the hotel was fab the food was great 4 resturants mexican,italian,dominican,and the buffet. 3 swimming pools which wer"e all reasonoble sizes beach was grat plenty of watersports 2 do.there is also a gym and sauna in the hotel, the best of all was the 24 hour disco it was amazing. CANT WAIT 2 GO BACK!"

• Travel date: 30th April 2003

Definitely Would NOT Return

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"We stayed in this hotel for three nights in March 2003 and definitely would not return to the resort. The staff were nice but spoke very little English. The rooms were ok, but we had several maintenance issues although they were taken care of within a couple hours. The food was AWFUL. Both of us got sick and I was violently ill and nauseous for a whole day. I lived on rice and french fries. The meats were scary. Stray cats roamed the dining areas. If you do stay at this hotel, do not use the number listed next to the phone to call the US. It charged me $35 per minute to call home. The best part of the hotel was the night time entertainment. The shows put on by the Chocolate Friends were entertaining and there were several other entertainment options with the casino and sports bar. It is extremely cheap to stay here but do yourself a favor and spend a little more and visit another island."

• Travel date: 30th April 2003

nice island hotel POO

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"Sept 2002It rained at night which was ok, until water leaked in from the unattended room above. Eventually managed to move rooms, air con faulty, staff dealt with it very quickly.It was good having twenty four hour food and drink, many people were ill from the food including me and boyfriend, the drinks tasted watered down, except for the rum. Bar and disco were cool, I mean very cool, take a jacket.The pools were lovely, shame about the MAN MADE BEACH, "I mean you could see sand bags when the tide went out".Having said all this did have good times in the hotel and on the island. Quadding and Saona are highly recommended. most shops/activities are situated away from the hotel.We haven`t mentioned locals at the weekend or hurricanes. Have fun,sorry if you have booked."

• Travel date: 24th April 2003

Not going back

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"You can't fault the staff for friendliness but the food was terrible (just bearable in the Dominician restuarant), not enough entertainment for adults (the children were catered for), not enough sun beds, no hot water (for about 10 of the 14 days), in all after spending time on other caribbean islands, would never go back to Dominican Republic. The locals came in at the weekends and were extremely rude to the staff and other guests, and don't even try to drink the local wine!"

• Travel date: 16th April 2003

The absolute worst

Reviewed 13th October 2012

"My wife and I made the unfortunate mistake of choosing this horrible dump for our honeymoon. The staff is terrible, the entertainment worse and the food was disgusting. If you enjoy flies on your food this is the place for you. We paid $200.00 to change our flight and leave 5 days early, it was that bad. I cannot believe there are positive reviews, if anyone considering this dump wants more info please e-mail me. I would hate for anyone else to make the same mistake."

• Travel date: 7th April 2003

Loved the Resort and friedly peole

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"We are a group of Seniors (50 plus)Traveling all over the world. We stayed for two weeks at the coral costa caribe to the end of february. We all agree the the people we encountered in the resort count as the most friendly we have ever met. The food selection was very good and the service ,excellent The Guavaberry Golf course was one of the best i have ever played. It seems to me that the most negative comments come from, USA Travelers i wonder if the same people ever went to Florida during the March break .Some times we wonder if we stayed at the same resort ."

• Travel date: 30th March 2003

Amazing!

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"Coral Costa Caribe is amazing! I went in a group of 13 for our Grad trip. 24 HOUR BAR AND FOOD....what more can i say. I'm really going to miss the 3am soup and grilled cheese snack. The meals were ok, not the greatest but there was a wide variety. The staff is great, espically the bartenders! Make friends with them and they will have your drinks ready for you before you even reach the bar! The rooms were decent. Clean and very nice. Not very much pressure in the shower though. The disco was so much fun, i was surprised that they played recent club music as well as salsa. All in all it was an amazing trip and i cant wait to go back. Gotta love the dominicans!"

• Travel date: 17th March 2003

Hotels near Coral Costa Caribe All Inclusive, Juan Dolio

Coral Costa Caribe All Inclusive, Juan Dolio is also called

• Costa Caribe Coral by Hilton Hotel
  • coral costa caribe
  • coral costa caribe resort