Park View Hotel

Calle Colon esq a Morro, Havana 10100 Cuba

Good

A good option for the price

Good

"There aren't many cheaper deals for hotels in the old town in Havana, and if you don't want to stay in a casa particular you could do a lot worse.

The location is great, close to a lot of attractions, the old town, revolution museum, seafront, restautants and nightlife and there are good views from the 7th floor restaurant/breakfast room.

The staff were pleasant enough and the room was clean with modern furniture and whilst not spectacular it did the job."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of February 2007

Don't Stay Here

"Firstly, it does have most of the things that other reviews have mentioned but my experience differs a little. I had no hot water in my bathroom and despite complaining about it twice nothing was done. Also, the food served for breakfast wasn't expecially nice, so much so that I got food poisoning from it and ended up being sick all night.. If you can afford it, cough up a bit more money and stay at Parque Central, Ambus Mundos or Hotel Telegrafio."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of January 2007

Park View: the friendliest, the most fun and the most convenient!

"In all my world travels, Park View Hotel was the friendliest hotel I've ever stayed in-loved it. All the staff were outstanding. The hotel is in the heart of Old Havana, so it's most convenient. The restaurant prepared delicious food. Jose, (or was it Jorge?)the bartender, made superb Mojitas. My room was comfortable and clean. Quiet. My only difficulty was in keeping the shower water within the shower and off the floor. I'd stay again at the Park View anytime visiting Havana. I love Cuba. The Cuban people are great fun. I long to return to Cuba, and I'll stay at the Park View!
Margaret E. (PEGGY) Roney
[email protected]"

• Travel date: Sun 26th of November 2006

Clean, quiet and fairly cheap.

"After reading some of the posts, I was a little unsure about staying here. But my only other option was the Hotel Victoria in the Vedado section which had some horrible reviews so I settled with this hotel. I was quite surprised at how clean this place was (for only $38 US it was great). I've stayed in some horrible dumps in London which were much more expensive than this hotel. For being located in a third world country this hotel is MUCH better than most of the places you'll find in London.
It has a free breakfast each morning which consisted of fried eggs, sausages, rice pudding, assorted breads, coffee and pineapple juices. It came with a room safe which you just have to ask at the front desk for the key. It had a new tv with more channels than I can find at home. The front desk people know English and everyone was quite friendly and easy to get a long with.
As for the 'Park View'. There is no park and there is no view. I took a photo from my window so you can look at the 'view'. Still, it worked out very well. It is located very close to the sea wall and is close to other hotels.
It also has a computer with internet in the lobby, however this wasn't working while I was there and had to walk to the Hotel Seville around the corner to use theirs."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of June 2006

Home in Havana

"I expected very little from this hotel, that is probably why I am so impressed with what I found.
The hotel is in an excellent position in Old Havana, just minutes walf from the Parque Central and The Prado, Old Havana is best seen on foot and is simply amazing
The rooms are fairly small, basic but clean and comfortable, the only problem is the bathroom floods when you shower.
The resteraunt on the top floor has excellent views of Havana and serves an acceptable buffet breakfast.
There is a friendly bar in the lobby which is open 24 hours and serves a mean cuba libra.
The best thing was the staff who are friendly and helpful but you do need to make the effort to talk to them first.
This was a very enjoyable stay and if I vistit Havana again this will be where I stay"

• Travel date: Fri 24th of February 2006

Punches above its weight

Good

"My visit was during the recent 'Hurricane Dennis' and I came out of my stay with a very good impression of the hotel. A letter was left in my room on the day stating what I should do to stay safe. Following the advice I stayed in the room while windows were battered (and stayed safe) from the hurricane. While Havana was plunged into darkness very quickly the hotel's back-up generator kicked into action and I couldf carry on 'as normal'. The room was very tidy and well laid-out with a very well designed bathroom. I don't know what the other rooms are like but mine was a good size and had a lovely view of Havana Bay. It is well situated and the air conditioning offers a welcome relief from the heat of the city. Breakfast is basic but then so is most food in Havana. Having eaten a few times in more expensive hotels here I think this punches above its located weight. I recommend it especially considering its price bracket and excellent location."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of July 2005

FRIENDLY CONVENIENT HOTEL

"Let''s face it, nothing in Havana is perfect, so this hotel could use freshening up and a new coat of paint, but otherwise, it is incredibly convenient, not expensive, and friendly. It's less than a block to the Prado and stores and many restaurants, both Cuban and tourist, a few blocks to the Capitolio/Parque Central area for theater, sidewalk cafes and Centro, and a walkable 10 minutes to the heart of Viejo and all the sights. So you don't need public transportation for most of your activities. My room had two small balconies, a bathtub, and great air conditioning. The chambermaids are friendly and charming - talk to them to learn lots of local stuff and tip well - they are honest and helpful. The included breakfast buffet has lightly fried eggs, sometimes also scrambled too, several potato types, bread, butter, rolls, etc plus fresh papaya, pina, and oranges. Juices and coffee/tea. The windows are open and you will see a fly or two, but they're ubiquitous everywhere in Havana and this 7th floor restaurant is clean. Dinners are great and cheap compared to other places ($5 dinner vs. $20 in a paladar), Tourist woman in the lobby Patricia couldn't speak better English and she is a great help for hiring drivers (get Raphael Hernandez, the nicest man in Havana)and for info on what to do. I made an international call and had clothes cleaned and pressed and this place made it all so simple. After a day of hot humid Havana and grinding poverty and jinteros, this place was home."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of July 2005

Aviod at all costs!

"This is without a doubt one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. I've stayed in worse places, but only hostels and only when desperate.

The location really is excellent, really close to everything you want in Havana, but that's about the best thing I can say for it. I was told before I even left the UK that this hotel had a reputation of over booking and that I might get there to find that I didn't have a room. Luckily this wasn't the case, but the couch group that turned up at the same time as us weren't so lucky..... Check in took about 45 minutes even though there were about 5 people behind the front desk, 4 of whom had no interest in anything other than smoking and chatting to each other.

When we eventually got to the room we discovered that it was filthy, it had virtually no natural light (our window looked into a shaft in the middle of the hotel), we were right next to the main air conditioning unit for the hotel (which was loud enough to wake us up at nice regular intervals during the night) and the fittings in the bathroom were all held together with electrical tape! In fact you had to hold the shower head at an angle to actually get wet as the electrical tape holding that on had perished. When I complained about the room I was told that there were no other rooms available, was offered no apology and no form of compensation.

To make matters worse the breakfast in the morning was pretty dire too. Most of the fruit had bugs crawling all over it, and the bread was always stale. The only thing that was vaguely appetising were the fresh eggs.

All in all not a great place to stay, and its only saving grace was the location and the spectacular time we had in Havana itself. To be perfectly hones though, if we had had a better room things wouldn't have seemed so bad, but the filth and constant noise (you had to raise your voice to be heard when the AC kicked in) ruined it."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of March 2005

Clean and Basic

Good

"We stayed here as part of a two centre holiday. On arrival it was welcoming and friendly. The rooms are small but clean and comfortable with great air conditioning. The hotel is nothing special, fairly basic but on a short stay its just what you need- a bed and shower. The restaurant on the top floor has fantastic views and offers a good breakfast - we did not eat during the evening so I can not comment. However just up the road we found a local eatery which was good value for money. When in Havana we found you do get approached all the time by locals- I would advise DONT change any money with them, or enter into any sort of tradiing for goods. The market is worth a look and a good way to explore is on foot."

• Travel date: Fri 15th of October 2004

Basic but not too bad!

"I stayed at this hotel recently on a visit to Havana, i did this as part of a twin centre, with the hotel Barlovento in Varadero. The hotel Park is pretty basic, however, the staff were always willing to help and the rooms were tidy if a tad small. A must is Club Tropicana make sure you go, it is a must for any tourist travelling to Havana. All in all, the hotel was basic, but catered for most of our needs."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of February 2004

Hotels near Park View Hotel

Stayed at Park View Hotel? Share your insight.

Park View Hotel is also called