La Casa de Ana

Calle 17 1422 Between 26st And 28st, Havana 10400 Cuba

Good

fell in love with ANA and Pepe

Good

"I booked a stay at La Casa de Ana based on the reviews I read on this website. When the dates for our trip changed they did not have any rooms available but Ana found us a casa particular around the corner with Marilu that was great. Pepe picked us up at the airport with a taxi and escorted us to the casa we would be staying in. Ana and Pepe helped us plan our time in Cuba. We arrived on the national day of dance and Pepe called and got us tickets in the third row center for the show that featured all types of dance (traditional, ballet) He also took us on a tour of Old Havana. Everyday my girlfriend and I would go and have coffee with them and talk about what we did the day before and what we planed to do that day. The guests that were staying in the casa were all very friendly and would sit down and talk with us about their plans also. I would highly recommend La Casa de Ana to anyone going to Havana."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of May 2007

Home Base in Cuba

"La Casa de Ana is a well above average casa particular (B&B) in the Vedado district of Habana. Vedado is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful areas of the city due to its massive variety of architecture, from lovely crumbling colonial houses to the modern functional apartment blocks of the 60s, made delightful by the assortment of washing dangling from makeshift lines out of the window. The people seem friendlier than other areas and there are considerably less Jineteros (hustlers) than in the other districts of Central and Vieja.

When i arrived in Cuba, very late at the airport, Pepe was waiting for me with a sign and they had arranged transport back to their casa which was of the usual price. Half an hour later i was sat in a rocking chair in their entrance porch with another guest sipping a beer. My room was spotlessly clean, included air conditioning, a private toilet and shower (both of better quality than i encountered elsewhere) and even a fridge so i could help myself to drinks whenever. It was all priced very reasonably. Breakfast was fine, they were very open to make whatever was wanted, in my case usually a fried egg, fresh bread, fruit, cold meat etc.

Ana and Pepe are two of the kindest people I have met. I was only 18 when i stayed with them and could speak very little Spanish. It was hugely encouraging to have them speaking some English and they were very helpful in arranging everything for me. Taxis to wherever, Buses, Pepe even came to the University with me to organise Spanish lessons. Whenever i returned to Habana i always went to their house and even if i couldn't stay there due to lack of room, they found me another house very close by in minutes.

Overall, they gave me a splendid time in the cultural heart of Cuba and they definitely deserve 5 out of 5. Thank you both."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of May 2007

Havana Paradise

"Pepe and Ana will welcome you with open arms. Their home nestled in Vedado was a fantastic treat! Much better than a Havana hotel-A clean, gorgeous home with a ever so relaxing patio. Pepe will direct you in all the right directions.The greatest part of La Casa de Ana was the owners themselves. Thier hospitality and kindness will not be forgotten, and we look forward to our return!
David & Sugey, Montreal,Quebec,Canada"

• Travel date: Sat 28th of April 2007

There is a reason why they return to Ana and Pepe's

"My family and I have been visiting Cuba for several years for vacations and spring breaks and we honestly would never consider staying any other place. First, Ana and Pepe will make you feel like family. second, it is quiet and far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Central or Old Habana, and third the food there is outstanding. Some of my favorites that even out rank the mother-in-law's back home are Ana's Arroz con Pollo, and Calamari de Ana. The fresh fish and seafood dishes are fantastic. The home is very clean, nicely furnished, and kept in perfect condition. The rooms each have their own A/C, and private bath with H/C shower. They have internet service, TV, in room small refrigerators (which keep my beers cold), a small outdoor breakfast patio, and a larger patio for friends and groups. Perfect for happy hour and mojitos. Ana has promised the patio will have a hammock on my next stay. Perfect for an afternoon nap. Every trip I'm amazed at the improvements made to an already perfect casa. So go and enjoy. I guarantee you will not be disappointed."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of April 2007

Wonderful Casa in Vedado

"I stayed here this spring and had a wonderful time! The owners, Ana and Pepe, have a beautiful house in the Vedado district. Both of them speak English, which was very helpful to me as a first time visitor. They also helped me a great deal with making arrangements for things like bus travel or accommodations in other cities. The food is very good and it is just a great place to relax after a long day of roaming around Havana. Highly,highly recommended. I felt like I was at home. Thank you, Ana and Pepe! (and Tony!)"

• Travel date: Sat 21st of April 2007

You'll love La Casa de Ana!

"I am a middle-aged woman, non Spanish speaker, traveling alone in Cuba. I arranged some accommodation through Pototo at Cuba Junky - a great way to do it, however, we had our wires crossed regarding Havana accommodation. When I arrived at the Viazul bus station in Havana, all I knew about my accommodation was that someone called Pepe was going to meet me. Even though I'd had no direct contact with Pepe and Ana, there he was, waiting for me! The angel!
I stayed two nights with Pepe and Ana, and agree with everything other tourists have said. Their home is very comfortable, attractive, spacious, airy, and secure (even an overnight security guard, though unnecessary, I thought. I felt no qualms at all about walking around the neighbourhood on my own). Havana is a noisy place, but the casa is on a cul-de-sac, so it's quiet. There is a market only four blocks away, a cadeca for changing money, a lovely church, and a chance to see a real Cuban neighbourhood. The casa is spotless and the meals delicious - great coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice with breakfast. Mmmmm! As an added bonus, because the casa has two large self-contained rooms for guests, I met very interesting people who were staying in the other room.
Both Pepe and Ana are lots of fun, speak pretty good English, and you honestly couldn't ask for more helpful and knowledgable hosts. Pepe let me accompany him to the market twice, arranged for a driver to take me downtown, and took me to the bus station himself when I left. I know he was going to wait the whole hour until he saw me safely off on the bus, except I told him I was okay.
Some of the interesting sights of Havana are within easy walkable distance of the casa.(the huge cemetery, Museo de Artes Decorativas, a cigar factory, John Lennon park) I walked right down 17th to the Malecon one day, visiting two sights on the same road, and ending up near the famed Hotel Nacional where you just have to have a mojito in the gardens out back overlooking the ocean. The trip back from downtown is 5-6 CUCs by taxi or coco taxi. Take a coco taxi at night. Going along the Malecon in the open air past Old Havana is fabulously romantic.
Anyway, I don't see where to rate individual aspects of my experience, but I'd give everything a 5, except location is a 4 since it's a bit far to be able to easily walk to Old and Central Havana. However, if you don't love staying with Pepe and Ana, I will be shocked! I'd go back in a flash!"

• Travel date: Fri 6th of April 2007

Absolutely great casa-ana! Ramunas;Lithuania

"i was only stayed there five days and i woud definitely recommend staying in ana casa particular.
the host are briliant and helful and they all speak english, which was for me very vital, they are reliable and very open people.
the casa itself very cosy and stylish....
family member very helful, they gave me a lot usel inform and good tips about havana, they can meet your at airoport and vizual bus station....
so, why just contact ana by e-mail and have nice time in cuba!
all best for your gays ana, pepe, toni...."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of April 2007

Great Safe and Friendly Casa Particular

"If you want a stress free holiday in Cuba then stay at La Casa de Ana. The hosts, Ana and Pepe will help organize whatever it is you want to do whilst in Cuba, whether it be just hanging out in Havana or touring the country. We wanted to travel to Trinidad, Santa Clara, the Isle of Youth and Vinales and Ana and Pepe arranged everything - the buses, the plane, the taxis, the other casas particulares. We stayed at Ana and Pepe's the first few days then went to Trinidad and Santa Clara, coming back to Havana, then off to the Isle of Youth. Then a return to Havana and off to Vinales and finally back to Havana again for a few days before heading home. All in all a memorable holiday and one made even more so by such a sweet couple. The breakfasts at La Casa de Ana were filling and good, the coffee was excellent, the house clean, tidy and comfortable and one felt right at home. I do highly recommend La Casa de Ana if you are planning a trip to Havana, Cuba."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of March 2007

You will not find better

"I cannot speak highly enough of Ana and Pepe and I didn't even stay with them. I was travelling with my 78 year old father but La Casa was fully booked. This didn't faze Ana - she went out of her way to find us a lovely house to stay in. Pepe met us at the airport and Ana invited us for tea. Of course I had a tour of Casa Ana for next time and when I go to Havana again it will be Casa Ana that I stay in. It's spotlessly clean, well furnished with large airy rooms. But the best part of La Casa de Ana are Ana and Pepe themselves who are quite happy to sit down with you and chat, they will recommend places to go, and generally look after you as if you were their own family. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they will do everything to make sure you enjoy your stay in Havana. I am recommending La Casa Ana to anyone who is thinking of heading to Cuba. You will not find better.

Colleen O'Flynn"

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of March 2007

Home from home

"Two female friends just arrived home from Cuba this week after a fantastic stay!
We arrived to Ana and Pepe's planning to stay for just three days, but ended up spending most of our time in Cuba at their casa.
The house is everything you would need for a stay in Havana, so clean, warm or cold(whichever you need!), tons of hot water, internet, great breakfasts, extremely safe and most importantly relaxed, warm, fun and a great place to come back to after a busy day in the city...and Pepe is a great tour guide.
The casa is in Vedado, a little outside Habana Vieja and centro Habana, but, for us anyway, this was so much better than staying in old havana, a bit more of real Havana I think.
Ana and Pepe arranged our entire stay in Cuba,cars to get to the beach and havana,recommmended places to eat, they booked a tour for us to go to Vinales and a place to stay when we went to Trinidad, the bus to get us there...everything!
They were both so accomadating, friendly, and did so much for us while we were there, including providing plenty of mojitos after long days!
I can't reccommend Ana's casa highly enough, in fact I wish I was there right now!"

• Travel date: Sat 17th of March 2007

Hotels near La Casa de Ana

Stayed at La Casa de Ana? Share your insight.

La Casa de Ana is also called