We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Casa Lourdes Havana 1913

Teniente Rey (Brasil) 361 e/ Aguacate y Villegas Habana Vieja, Havana 10100 Cuba

Good

Great place and location in Havana

"We stayed for 2 nights at Casa Lourdes. Hosts were very friendly and helpful. Lourdes' daughter - Marvel speaks good English so communication was very easy. Nothing was a problem. Very filling and fresh, tasty breakfast. Bedroom and bathroom were basic but clean and had everything needed for stay. Perfect location - a few minutes walk from Capitol and Parque Centrale. Close to Museums and lovely squares of Old Havana. Just be aware of roosters waking you up at dawn, very unusual experience to hear in a big city, but that's the beauty of Havana - we enjoyed it."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of March 2010

The best so far in Habana Vieja

"I must confess that I won't choose another casa to stay in habana vieja.
Lourdes and her husband made our stay so pleasant and confortable that
we felt like at home. As the 2 rooms were not always available for the knights
we stayed in Havana she kindly recommende us another casa.
She took care of our reservation in other casas in Vinales an Trinidad.
And everywhere we went we met kind people and excellent house.
Definitly thids is a place I recommend to everybody who wants to stay in habana!!!
Thanks to all of them!!

Majda"

• Travel date: Tue 16th of February 2010

A wonderful host--and a gaurdian angel!

"Not only is the family warm, friendly, welcoming and sweet, and the facilities clean and comfortable, but Lourdes also organized and booked all our other accommodations for us--all over Cuba! We would have been completely lost without all her friendly, eager help, and our trip was exceedingly smooth, comfortable and easy thanks to Lourdes. She was on the phone all hours of the day and night organizing and assisting travellers in need. She's really a lifesaver to know, and with the help of a friend like this, travel in Cuba is a wonderful vacation."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of January 2010

Great location, great attention... your family in Habana!

"I would never consider staying anywhere else in Habana than with Lourdes (if she has a free room that is).
The location is awesome: her house is located only a few blocks away from the Capitolio and a 5 minute walk from anything in Habana Vieja.
The house itself is beautyful early 20th ctry Gaudí style with ceiling so high you could easily make two stories out of one. The rooms are fair sized and have private bath (we didn´t mind crossing the hallway to our bathroom at all). Some may miss windows, but then you may have a problem in general in old houses that style.... Bonus at Lourdes is that the living area is far from the rooms, so you can relax in quiet anytime you want.
Most importantly, we feld very very much at home with Lourdes, her husband and daughter. Open and honest discussions were a daily standard and much of what we learned about Cuba we learned from them.
I could go on... just check it out yourself, you won´t be disappointed!"

• Travel date: Thu 12th of November 2009

Casa Lourdes- love at first sight

"Well- great location, but everybody told this already somewhere on this site so what else? We have fallen in love with the city itself, and staying at Lourdes was the best choice of that vacation. You can have your privacy (as the tourists` rooms are in a separate part of the house), but please go to the living room where Lourdes is sitting in her rocking chair (like the landlady she really is) and ask her about Cuba. Listen her advices, she obviously knows all about the city, and just ENJOY Habana!"

• Travel date: Fri 11th of September 2009

I would never stay anywhere else in Havana, but at Lourdes' Casa.

"My stay at Casa Lourdes made my trip. It's a beautiful casa in a historic Art Nouveau building. My room was cleaned every day and was cool and relaxing to stay in. Every morning a delightful breakfast and welcoming from Lourdes or her family awaited me. Located perfectly in Old Havana, and minutes from the Capitol building, it was a perfect place to stay. I received many tips on how to get around and where to go that made my trip so much better. She helped me to book Casa's in other cities as well. If I return to Cuba- I can't imagine it without a stay at Casa Lourdes,"

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of September 2009

Lourdes rocks

"We were incredibly fortunate to find Ms. Lourdes, and her conveniently located casa, on our first trip to Cuba. She maintains two very comfortable guest rooms, only a couple of blocks from the Capitolio (you can see the dome from her balcony). But the best part was her ability to fulfill the role of travel agent. We had only to decide on another center to visit, and she would then call on her network! She arranged accommodation for us in both Playa Giron, and Vinales, and both these casas were as friendly as her own. Furthermore, she phoned the Viazul bus and arranged our reservations to those towns. And the final touch was that she contacted her taxi driver friend, to pick us up from her casa and get us to the bus depot in plenty of time for the departure. It made it so easy for us to just enjoy the Cuban experience. I cannot recommend her facility enough. I only wish that I could organize a return visit to her tender attention. Lourdes, a belated but heartfelt thanks for all that you did for us.
Robert and Suzanne, Canmore Alberta Canada"

• Travel date: Sat 15th of August 2009

magnifico

Good

"I find casa Lourdes at the trip advisor,and after reading all the positive and good experiences from people who had stayed there before,i started my vacation to cuba in habana vieja at the casa lourdes ,what i read on this site ,i could put my name under ,my experience is just the same,its a lovely family,helpful, and also the location of the casa is in the heart of habana vieja,just perfect !!
if you talk english,like i did ,it would not be a problem .
my trip to cuba started in casa lourdes and also ended there,i likeed the place and owners so much,
thank you so much Lourdes and your lovely family,hope to see you again some day

PS !
i would recomend casa lourdes of all my heart

Martin"

• Travel date: Sun 9th of August 2009

Lourdes made our trip to Cuba

"Taken to this casa by another owner who had no room for us in his - she was just around the corner. We were welcomed into her house, meeting her family and offered a drink and a chat before we even talked about the room. Her english and my spanish was ok, and she loved to learn new words as well as teach me. The room was big enough for the double bed, with a fan above us, and air conditioning that we used occasionally when we first went back into the room. It was a lovely green all over, Art Nouveau doors and windows. We had a bathroom with toilet, sink and shower to share with another couple in the other room. It was cleaned a couple of times a day, and always had toilet paper and hot running water. The shower is an electrical thing attached to the shower head, so only a small amount of hot water trickled out, but you mostly wanted cold showers in the heat of Cuba.
The breakfast we wonderful, with lots of fresh fruit, bread, coffee and tea. Infact the only place we were offered herbal tea. She also offered to cook an evening meal, but we spent the two nights we had in Havana going out drinking and listening to music.
The best thing about this casa is definitely Lourdes. She was so concerned about our holiday she phoned all her friends in Trinidad, Santiago de Cuba, Vinales and Baracoa to make sure we had nice places to stay and people to meet us off the buses. We were so pleased to have ended up staying with her."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of April 2008

Warm Welcome From Lourdes & Family

"I based myself in Havana for my Cuban trip in Jan 07. I stayed at Casa Lourdes, a homestay on Calle Brazil in Old Havana Town.
What an amazing experience.

The house is stunning Art Nouveau style. The street is facing the Capitolio Building so is right where you want to be in the heart of it all, but is a couple of streets over from the main drag with bars & restaurants, so you don't get the noise. House has 24 hours security, each room has AC, bathroom, is cleaned daily, and the house is spotless.

But what really makes Casa Lourdes special is the Lady herself and her family. Lourdes and her husband couldn't do enough for me; they really looked after me and were genuinely excited and interested to my stories of the day and what I'd been up to! They let me practice my salsa dancing moves in the living room, and complimented me as I progressed! I really felt like Lourdes acted as 'my mammy in Havana'!

Friends of mine came to stay with their young baby, and the 3 generations of women from Lourdes' family (granny, Lourdes, and daughter) were so helpful and made the young family feel very welcome. Baby was able to crawl all over the house and was treated like a princess! Because of its central location, they were able to pop in and out during the day to pick up nappies, changes of clothing, etc.

Breakfast is included in the price of the room, and I have very happy memories of sitting in the leafy Art Nouveau breakfast room stuffing my face with tropical fresh fruit salad, eggs, warm fresh bread straight from the bakery, and lashings of lovely coffee. Satiated, I'd then plan my day and head out into the excitement of this wonderful city.

If you are a lone traveller, then Casa Lourdes is the perfect place to stay - you have privacy, but not anonymity. If you're a family, as mentioned above, your stay will be easy and welcoming. And even if you don't speak Spanish, you'll enjoy your stay and Lourdes' daughter will be on hand to translate any of the bits that don't 'mime' well!

If you're going to visit, please send the Warmest Wishes from me - Maria Rosa."

• Travel date: Thu 24th of January 2008

Hotels near Casa Lourdes Havana 1913

Stayed at Casa Lourdes Havana 1913? Share your insight.

Casa Lourdes Havana 1913 is also called